PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard mapping?

Nascar7
17-09-2017, 21:08
Will keyboard mapping be available on xbox1 this time?
It wasn't on the 1st game but this option was available on the ps4.

Trying to decide which console system to get pc2 on and this option will be a plus.

Thanks

jerry555
17-09-2017, 21:46
I think that is down to Microsoft....

Nascar7
17-09-2017, 22:34
Will keyboard mapping be available on xbox1?

I'm sure it will be on PC , and assuming it will be on ps4 as it was an option on project cars1, but not on xb1...can someone please confirm if at all it will be a feature for the consoles?

Thanks

RacingTopsy
17-09-2017, 22:36
I don't believe anyone currently has any info on that, sorry.

I mean, someone with a press build would have it, but I don't believe it's common knowledge.

Nascar7
17-09-2017, 23:07
ok, I was hoping someone could confirm...it was an useful feature on the ps4 and would be again...I'm trying to decide which console to get pc2 on and pre-order before launch and this info would be helpful.

I would prefer on the xb1, but as it was't an option in orig., chances are it won't be in pc2?
btw, is it confirmed the Thrustmaster TX Wheel supported?

Thanks again

Siberian Tiger
18-09-2017, 06:26
merged those 2 threads.... an moved to correct Forum.

Dfg15
21-09-2017, 17:31
They are hyping up the Xbox one X but Xbox still doesnít support multi button wheels or keyboards for extra controls in 2017 itís pretty bad. Itís one of the reaso. That keeps me from ordering the Xbox one x.

Chimildo
25-09-2017, 06:29
If Microsoft did allow keyboard (which I think is happening shortly) would pcars 2 support it?

lmbg
04-10-2017, 18:22
Any news if xBox users will able to use a USB keyboard as a secondary controller ?
View and camera adjustments work on my keyboard but no chance to map a new function.
And on this behalf... will it eventually be possible to reassign buttons that are mapped twice ? I don't really need brake, throttle, shift... on my wheel.

Thanks

Mowzer
04-10-2017, 18:26
As far as i know there is no official keyboard support for gaming on the XB1 as of yet but MS keep teasing us with an update ;).

Kriptical
04-10-2017, 23:34
Itís so weird ms doesnít support that.. I bought the keyboard which but you plug into the controller about a year ago...kinda hoped into would be less useless by now. Kinda boggling in 2017

CXR PhilGDUK
05-10-2017, 17:26
It’s so weird ms doesn’t support that.. I bought the keyboard which but you plug into the controller about a year ago...kinda hoped into would be less useless by now. Kinda boggling in 2017

Think this is more related to plugging in a USB keyboard or better still a Button Box. Although I get what you mean though, the controller one would also be beneficial in some way, but less so when using a wheel.

novaks47
05-10-2017, 17:35
I wonder why Microsoft is so resistent to keyboard/button box support. Or is it simply way down the list of priorities? Either way, I'd be in heaven if I could run an actual button box! Although you wouldn't hear me complain if keyboards would be supported either. I'd just run a number pad affixed to my wheel stand and be just as happy. Maybe I'll start a thread/request over on the xbox uservoice site later today.

lmbg
06-10-2017, 10:05
Indeed. I read that Microsoft is bringing keyboard (and mouse) support to xBox in the near future.
If that is the case I suppose PC2 will take advantage of that feature in a future patch ?

lmbg
27-11-2017, 11:03
Hi SMS, could you guys add 'seat position left & right' to the mappable keys in 'camera & view' ? Many thanks ! Cheers, L

Ware122
27-11-2017, 19:18
Will keyboard mapping be available on xbox1 this time?
It wasn't on the 1st game but this option was available on the ps4.

Trying to decide which console system to get pc2 on and this option will be a plus.

Thanks

I am able to use my Microsoft wireless keyboard without any issues on the Xbox one X. I use it for fine tuning force feedback while racing.

dozer76
27-11-2017, 19:42
Keyboard support is already in the game. I have my Xbox chat pad for adjusting the seat, wipers, TC, and lights. You can use just about any USB keyboard.