PDA

View Full Version : How will the gen 1 Xbox one handle Pcars 2

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 00:01
So, when Pcars 1 released it was a bit of a slideshow fest on Xbox one under certain conditions. Now we've got simulated weather, day and night cycle, seasons, live track 3.0 and animated pit crews...

I'm worried.

FIA
18-09-2017, 00:55
We did have most of this in Pcars1 simulated weather, day and night cycle and now new stuff seasons, live track 3.0 and animated pit crews
but they make the game for each platform, and each platform will have strength and weakness, so the game will be made with this in mind

so it will be made to work on the xbox or it would crash and burn, it should be tested to the max, i hope, so this don't happen

but i understand where your coming from, only time will tel, i think its going to come good....

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 01:01
We did have most of this in Pcars1 simulated weather, day and night cycle and now new stuff seasons, live track 3.0 and animated pit crews
but they make the game for each platform, and each platform will have strength and weakness, so the game will be made with this in mind

so it will be made to work on the xbox or it would crash and burn, it should be tested to the max, i hope, so this don't happen

but i understand where your coming from, only time will tel, i think its going to come good....

I'm worried, they've been showing PS4 gameplay since gamescom. Yet to see anything Xbox, even the Xbox one Scorpio/X.

Gameplay wise, the Xbox is admittedly the weaker console. (Minus the Switch) I would have thought SMS would have jumped all over Turn 10's lack on normal Xbox gameplay for Forza 7. Something like... "Look at how good our game runs with all this cool technology on the VCR Xbox one. Now imagine Xbox One Bad Naming Decision!"

FIA
18-09-2017, 01:10
No news is good news, but i did see a comment from Ian Bell on GTplanet, as someone said the same thing, that there's been no videos of the game
running on xbox and thay where worried for the game, but Ian said the game looks and runs good on the xbox..

r_outsider
18-09-2017, 01:13
Breyzipp is getting it day of release and said he'd be posting a bit of a review, as will others I'm sure. I'm going to hold up on ordering until he gives the thumbs up, myself. Although I am quietly confident it will all be fine and everything's going to work, I'd like to know for sure as well.

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 01:14
No news is good news, but i did see a comment from Ian Bell on GTplanet, as someone said the same thing, that there's been no videos of the game
running on xbox and thay where worried for the game, but Ian said the game looks and runs good on the xbox..

I guess it's just how I look at things. In business and politics, no news means their hiding something.
That being said, I'm not worried enough to ditch my preorder... Just as long as it plays at above 30 FPS 95% of the time, I'll be fine with it...

FIA
18-09-2017, 01:24
I will have it day1 and after the day one patch, that i read it going to be big, (will this have the on line champ also??)
has downloaded i will test the game out to the max, online, offline, rain, snow, full grids in rain, speed up time of day and weather
and see how well the wheel with the new force feedback and new improved joypad driving is working too..

also i will edit and post anything i find on my first post above, so we will see....

5...to go

malcster
18-09-2017, 06:08
Well the review embargo is over today
Seen a brief one just skimmed through it and it gave 8/10 for Xbox one
It did state a massive improvement over pc1 at launch time but still held back by the controller instead of a wheel setup

Sankyo
18-09-2017, 06:45
Well the review embargo is over today
Seen a brief one just skimmed through it and it gave 8/10 for Xbox one
It did state a massive improvement over pc1 at launch time but still held back by the controller instead of a wheel setup
I read that one as well. He did mention that coming from a Forza background he may be used to 'simplified' handling, although the fact remains that if the difficulty level scares you away, it's not a good thing.

I wonder, though, whether he was driving cars on the 'loose' set-up instead of the 'stable' set-ups? Makes quite a difference when using a wheel, let alone using a controller.

EDIT I guess this is about PS4, but it's explecitily mentioned here (https://www.gtplanet.net/looking-back-original-project-cars/) that playing with a controller has much improved. So it feels like there's some subjective feeling/abilities/expectations playing a role...

fuschs
18-09-2017, 19:06
Apparently Xbox version is the worst one with framerate sometimes a bit dodgy. No problems on One X as it's where you'll get the best console experience.

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 19:43
Apparently Xbox version is the worst one with framerate sometimes a bit dodgy. No problems on One X as it's where you'll get the best console experience.

Thats a problem for me...

XFR Spike
18-09-2017, 19:54

I've just been studying today's clips & see there does appear to be the occasional stutter but I've literally just posted elsewhere to say I think it appears significantly improved over pC1.

Obviously too early to tell without first-hand play, but "thinking lucky" from the clips, things look very positive to me :cool:

With Xbox One X's perhaps dribbling out next year too, it just makes today's buying decision a much more confident one :encouragement: with GFX a non-issue later.

4 sleeps... can't wait!

Konan
18-09-2017, 19:58
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50014-PCARS2-in-the-media&p=1354923&viewfull=1#post1354923

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 20:06
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50014-PCARS2-in-the-media&p=1354923&viewfull=1#post1354923

He's got a xbox one S not a gen one, judging by the controller.

NeonWilderness
18-09-2017, 21:30
I'll wait to have the One X to buy PC 2. I guess I can still enjoy a lot of PC 1 in the next 3 months.

Just Another Frog
18-09-2017, 21:43
There are now stacks of XB1 gameplay clips on youtube and framerate issues seem to be more obvious during weather cycling. There's a nice clip of a 20 car race at RBR (sorry, i'm on my console so I can't link it) which shows gameplay before, during and after a weather transition and is a perfect example of framerate behaviour. If that's as bad as it gets then it certainly isn't an issue for me.

snipeme77
18-09-2017, 21:46
There are now stacks of XB1 gameplay clips on youtube and framerate issues seem to be more obvious during weather cycling. There's a nice clip of a 20 car race at RBR (sorry, i'm on my console so I can't link it) which is perfect because it shows gameplay before, during and after a weather transition and is a perfect example of framerate behaviour.

It's not as bad as it looked in the IGN review. It looks fixable, maybe the day one patch will wipe this up

Just Another Frog
18-09-2017, 21:54
Sorry, i was mid-edit when you quoted me lol. Yeah as I added, from what i've seen these aren't huge framerate drops

Flanimal
18-09-2017, 22:27
IGN have given it a solid 9.2, the reviewer saying it was a big improvement over PC1, with the handling on a wheel being very good, even using a controller is a vast improvement.
I'm feeling positive, as said above, the frame rate issues don't look any where near as bad as when PC1 was released and yes, the day one patch may address this issue, but I'm guessing us lowly 1st gen owners will have to live with until we can afford the One X.
Oh Santa, I've been such a good boy:encouragement:

FIA
19-09-2017, 03:01
I think until we get the game and the day1 patch,and will be a big day1 patch, we really don't have true review yet,
as all them people cannot have this patch yet, so there game will not be are game, after the patch, that is, so there reviews are invalid
you can only really give a true review on release day after the day1 patch..

XFR Spike
19-09-2017, 07:33
I think until we get the game and the day1 patch,and will be a big day1 patch, we really don't have true review yet,
as all them people cannot have this patch yet, so there game will not be are game, after the patch, that is, so there reviews are invalid
you can only really give a true review on release day after the day1 patch..
Yes, but it does build confidence that things appear to be significantly improved.
If the reviews & pre-patched clips are as bad as it gets, we should all be in for a real treat :joyous:

oscarolim
19-09-2017, 09:16
This guy as made a couple of videos on the Xbox. Looks better than PC1 for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHG-zXMwi9g

nissan4ever
20-09-2017, 09:30
Look here. Digital Foundry has posted a video. PS4 Pro is best version right now until Xbox One X is released.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8xZN9LTh6I

That video shows PS4. PS4 PRO, Xbox One & Xbox One S. They cover resolution & frames per second. I'll say this. All four of those consoles use dynamic resolution.

Ixoye56
20-09-2017, 20:28
I will probably give myself an Xbox X for Christmas. :o

BiffyClyro88
22-09-2017, 12:36
Trust me guys i'm playing the game on xbox one s and for some things the graphic is stunning about detailed cars but for some others the graphic is downgraded and PC1 looks overall more beautiful visually talking! With this game we will be beta tester but i recommend to buy it but at first you feel a bit disappointed then you need time to get used to it!
For me also the car handling and the car's sound is different from PC1

gtFOOTw
22-09-2017, 14:36
Playing on an original XBOX ONE. Calibrated my TM TX wheel and jumped right into career. Starting out in Formula Rookie, all settings are still at default. So far so good, looks and feels great!

nissan4ever
23-09-2017, 08:25
Trust me guys i'm playing the game on xbox one s and for some things the graphic is stunning about detailed cars but for some others the graphic is downgraded and PC1 looks overall more beautiful visually talking! With this game we will be beta tester but i recommend to buy it but at first you feel a bit disappointed then you need time to get used to it!
For me also the car handling and the car's sound is different from PC1

I was pleasantly surprised when my 4k TV went into HDR game mode the first time I booted up PC2.