PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel Issues

Shon
18-09-2017, 16:49
Hello,
I own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel (without Force Feedback, not the TX version), and im having an issue on Project CARS 1. The game detects my wheel as a gamepad that creates big deadzone in the center of the wheel. The game is unplayable and after hours of looking for information online I cant find an answer, so I stopped playing the game.

Im not asking for support in this late stage of the game, but I do want to know If I will have the same problem with Project CARS 2? because It will be pointless to purchase if I cant play it with my wheel.
I know the gamepad gameplay has been greatly enhanced for Project CARS 2, but its the same engine, thats why I ask.

Best Regards.

Sankyo
18-09-2017, 17:32
Hello,
I own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel (without Force Feedback, not the TX version), and im having an issue on Project CARS 1. The game detects my wheel as a gamepad that creates big deadzone in the center of the wheel. The game is unplayable and after hours of looking for information online I cant find an answer, so I stopped playing the game.

Im not asking for support in this late stage of the game, but I do want to know If I will have the same problem with Project CARS 2? because It will be pointless to purchase if I cant play it with my wheel.
I know the gamepad gameplay has been greatly enhanced for Project CARS 2, but its the same engine, thats why I ask.

Best Regards.

Have you tried manually selecting the Custom Wheel profile and assigning the wheel and pedal axes?

Mahjik
18-09-2017, 17:34

Looks like for the PC they (Thrustmaster) treat it as a Xbox 360 controller, so you will likely have the same problems with PC2.

Tose
23-09-2017, 15:40
Hey same problem here, The dead zone is ridiculous. So there is no way to fix? Via some .txt in game folder or something like that. I bought this wheel specially for this game, coz is great choice between price and quality (im not playing much, so dont want to spent money for expensive wheel)

So any help, advice, PLS

Thanks have a great day.

Mad Al
23-09-2017, 17:40
I seem to recall someone found some add on that should get rid of the deadzone by effectively adding a negative deadzone.... err...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45016-Thrustmaster-Steering-Wheel-Input-Deadzone

try that

Tose
24-09-2017, 10:41
Ok, im gonna try it, Thank you. But still dont accept, why the game treat like that to I458. Other games work fine with this wheel. Its a pity, luckily for me, i can refund I458, Monday is last day :).

Raysracing
02-10-2017, 15:58
There is a cheap $90 FFB wheel that has pretty good specs and even a high bit rate brake pedal (non load cell). Hori Racing Wheel called Apex.