PDA

View Full Version : Haptic Feedback on XB1

Trippul G
19-09-2017, 01:30
Watching a vid that was put up recently of some XB1 gameplay with a gamepad, and the reviewer mentions something that I found rather concerning.

https://youtu.be/zP2-StZ6hcY

Around 13:50, he mentions difficulty braking on the limit, because the controller is vibrating, but there is no vibration in the triggers themselves.

This was one of my biggest gripes with PCARS1, the complete lack of haptic feedback from the triggers...especially compared to a game like Forza which nails that aspect particularly well.

I was under the distinct impression that haptic feedback from triggers was going to be present in PC2, but this video would seem to contradict that, which I find very disappointing.

Anyone know what's going on here?

FIA
19-09-2017, 02:15
There was an update for Pcars1 that added this into the game, as for Pcars2 until we have this to try, we cant really see for are self
and there is a big day1 patch on release day so who knows what is fixed and not fixed, this may be updated soon.

Trippul G
19-09-2017, 02:30
There was an update for Pcars1 that added this into the game
There was? Could've fooled me. I still play it almost daily, and I can't say that I've ever felt it. If it's there, it's extremely weak. Is it possible that I may have inadvertently filtered that feedback out somehow while fiddling with my controller settings?

as for Pcars2 until we have this to try, we cant really see for are self and there is a big day1 patch on release day so who knows what is fixed and not fixed, this may be updated soon.

True, I suppose this could be patched in if it's not already present, but I was told more than once on this forum that haptic trigger feedback was present on the xbox version, and they were working on getting it implemented on the PC version.

I'm not trying to call anyone a liar, but if this video is to be believed, then either trigger feedback is there and he just can't feel it (doesn't seem likely), or it was there at one point but removed in a later build (also seems unlikely), or it was simply never there in the first place (seems most likely).

FIA
19-09-2017, 02:53
Or there may be a setting in game, and he turned it to off or it is off by default,
as for Pcars 1 it is there, i remember the update that added it and it did not have a setting to turn it off
you only had the feedback option that turned it all down at the same time, pad and triggers

Trippul G
19-09-2017, 04:37
Just went and did a couple of races and ok yes, technically trigger feedback is present in PCARS1, but simply being present and actually working well are two different things. I can only feel it a little bit when I get on throttle and start to break traction, and I still can't feel it at all in the brake, which IMO is the most important part. Comparing this back to back with the feel of the trigger feedback I get from Forza 6 for example, is like night and day. There, I can ride the knife edge of just barely starting to lock up, and then being able to feel exactly what's going on as I modulate the brakes and dance with that trigger feedback to keep it at maximum stopping power while being careful not to pull too hard and lock up. It feels wonderful, and I was really hoping that PCARS2 would at least come close to replicating (or even surpassing) this feel. I'm still hoping this can be improved, but this video has lowered my expectations considerably, to be honest.