PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one version very disappointing? [No]

Psychomatrix
19-09-2017, 09:41
If seen some videos on YouTube and I'm shocked. No 60fps, framerate issues and the game looks like pcars 1. Maybe pcars1 runs better and looks better like this gameplay video on yt.
Someone write interesting that they made 360 games. If its not that sad i could laugh.
Now whe know why whe see no gameplay footage. Very unfair to didnt show the truth pre release. I can't believe it. Again I trusted them as they said they put the best out every plattform and 60 fps is a must. Search vor project cars 2 xbox one on youtube and you see the truth.
I'm really really glad that I didn't preorderd the game. Maybe they think whe should buy a xbox one x version and xbox one users are unimportant. But if the game looks and run after day one patch I'm sure that xbox user are not very happy with it. The normal ps4 version looks thousand times better if the gameplay on vvv was no fake. I really can't believe it.

Bealdor
19-09-2017, 09:46
Doesn't look bad to me...

http://youtu.be/zP2-StZ6hcY

Franco Ferrari
19-09-2017, 10:00
If seen some videos on YouTube and I'm shocked. No 60fps, framerate issues and the game looks like pcars 1.

When mentioning "some youtube videos", even more when they're used to make a point, it would be good to link those video so everybody else can see and judge them as you did.
Also, being youtube videos... they are intrinsecally subject to framerate problems anyway (if the recording was laggy, for example) but this is another story entirely.

Pbucko
19-09-2017, 11:38
After P Cars 1 would they should have done is released a demo a week early on xbox and ps4.

Roger Prynne
19-09-2017, 11:45
Doesn't look bad to me...

http://youtu.be/zP2-StZ6hcY

Doesn't look bad to me either, and I'm watching it at 1080p60.

drathuu
19-09-2017, 11:52
I was trying to find the VVV footage he referred to, but could only find a video from an April build they were allowed to film, so pretty much 100% obsolete as its 5 months old.. there was one 2 months ago (linked) - and again out of date - unless he means a different VVV ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iDuLlf25Pg

Just Another Frog
19-09-2017, 12:26
It doesn't look bad to me either - and that's coming from someone who doesn't forgive and forget. The problem i'm seeing with quite a lot of these reviewers is that they seem to be drawing on past experinces from PCars 1 and looking for absolutely anything they can use to pull a few negatives - almost like PCars 2 just isn't allowed to be ok. You know it's getting a little too ott when people are giving minus comments because the game has no ingame soundtrack (even though XB1 has a bgm tool that allows you to play your own toons if you so desire) or replay cameras aren't dynamic enough when showing post race action from a race in thick fog ("replays consist of just bumpers and headlights" - or words to that effect).
It's just a shame these guys weren't equally as thorough when reviewing Nascar Heat 2 and WRC 7 - both of which had the bulk of reviews concentrating on massive improvents over their predecessors and neither of which were criticized for their framerate drops. NH2 suffers near unplayable drops on road circuits so it is kind of obvious.
I'm willing to bet that FMS7 receives nowhere near as much scrutiny as PCars 2 and i'm also willing to bet (well, i have a few quid spare because I didn't buy the season pass) that the reviews from these so called critics would have been completely different had PCars 1 been released without those well documented issues.

My advice to the op is to look at the XB1 as a whole and consider how many games have framerate issues.

BigFred
19-09-2017, 12:39
I'm sure the game will be playable on XB1, but the bottom line is that you aren't going to get the best graphics experience because XB1 has the weakest graphics processor.

60 fps is a must ? That sort of definition frustrates me a bit. Framerate needs qualification. If they supplied 60fps locked (with locked being the crucial word) at 720p would you be happy ?

You can only judge the engine performance against other games that are out there. F1 for example doesn't achieve 60fps locked at 900p. PCars 1 didn't either, nor did FH3. Forza 6 did I believe, but it doesn't have many of the features PCars has.

If you are picky on graphics performance you need to up your platform power. XB1 provides a good price to power ratio, but its the weakest of the platforms and the game performance will reflect that.

Boskapongen
19-09-2017, 14:54
Livestream here now, XBOX1
https://www.twitch.tv/gamereactor

Psychomatrix
19-09-2017, 14:56
By the way I saw now some other gameplay. And there it looks okay but no 60 fps. Vvv shown one or two months ago gameplay footage from the ps4 not pro. In comparsion to that I was really shocked. But it seems to me that they showing the ps4pro version. Because a review in germany spiele bild wrote in their review that even the normal ps4 have framerate issues and they recommend the pc version. Maybe my expectations where to high. But only because I saw a vvv gameplay from ps4 one or two months ago. In comparsion to that it looks to me that the xbox version was not really good. By the way I will buy it because there are no alternatives. But to me it have a bad taste that sms didn't show any official gameplay footage of the xbox one version. Xbox one is not xbox one x. In combination with the first videos I was really pi...d. if that's the future of gaming that whe get no chance to see the game pre release, but at the other side offers pre order bonus, I really must learn to wait if games going in a sale.

BigFred
19-09-2017, 16:19
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-cars-2-performance-analysis

Looks like the PS4 Pro doesn't make the 60fps locked (although it's largely there). So XB1 is going to have no chance.

Boskapongen
19-09-2017, 16:38
IMO, you will need Xbox One X or PS4 Pro for Pcars 2...

chris465
19-09-2017, 16:45
It looks great from what I've seen so far. Definitely runs better than PC1 did on Xbox One

sbtm
19-09-2017, 17:02
if you're so concerned about not getting 60fps with a game that has such a huge impact on the cpu (LT 3.0, SETA, 600Hz physics...) on console, you just should consider getting a PC :-P

Sounds harsh, but you just cannot expect a "locked 60fps + stunning visuals + huge and complex underlying physics system" on a current gen console. I'm sure the devs did their very best to get it to the 60fps mark, but i'm not surprised when it cannot be achieved all the time.

Exup
19-09-2017, 17:44
It looks great from what I've seen so far. Definitely runs better than PC1 did on Xbox One

I'm not so sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8xZN9LTh6I&feature=youtu.be

malcster
19-09-2017, 18:36
Simple solution for all those not sure

Don't buy it
Yes pc1 was buggy and still is
Yes pc2 will probably be buggy at launch and probably still at Christmas

Yes it runs better on a one x and a PS4 pro

And no I'm not bothered about you tubers hating and listing the worse about it

I've preordered this game months ago and it's sat on the hard drive waiting and I have the weekend off work

I have a one s at the minute but a one x on order

So please no.more threads or replies bashing at the minute until you have played be damn thing

chris465
19-09-2017, 18:46
Simple solution for all those not sure

Don't buy it
Yes pc1 was buggy and still is
Yes pc2 will probably be buggy at launch and probably still at Christmas

Yes it runs better on a one x and a PS4 pro

And no I'm not bothered about you tubers hating and listing the worse about it

I've preordered this game months ago and it's sat on the hard drive waiting and I have the weekend off work

I have a one s at the minute but a one x on order

So please no.more threads or replies bashing at the minute until you have played be damn thing

Well said.
I'm picking mine up In store on Friday.
Getting the Xbox One version to enjoy on my "s" until the "x" arrives.

snipeme77
19-09-2017, 18:58
if you're so concerned about not getting 60fps with a game that has such a huge impact on the cpu (LT 3.0, SETA, 600Hz physics...) on console, you just should consider getting a PC :-P

Sounds harsh, but you just cannot expect a "locked 60fps + stunning visuals + huge and complex underlying physics system" on a current gen console. I'm sure the devs did their very best to get it to the 60fps mark, but i'm not surprised when it cannot be achieved all the time.

Just so we're clear, I said back in pcars 1. I would be happy with 30fps locked. I just don't like the stuttering and frame drops when racing. It's the reason I don't play PC racing games online

Psychomatrix
19-09-2017, 23:00
It's not really the point that it don't reach 60 fps. My point is that one dev said in a gamescom interview that 60 fps is a must. And now even ps4pro cant reach that goal. With such statements you awake expectations.
And the new culture to show no official gameplay footage from the xbox one but on e3 from xbox one x which comes a month later. I really would now if they really get all of the console and then show no gameplay video. I mean now wonder that youtuber fishing for subcribers with that. Maybe I was a bit unfair but forza 7 demo looks really better even with day and night change and weather. For sure pcars have more sim aspects but both use the same gpu. And fm7 is made for pc as well not only for xbox. Thats why I expect a bit more improvement. But pcars is not only graphics so it will give it chance.

satco1066
20-09-2017, 01:03
all you see and get told by some "wise" men is totally irrelevant.
You must try it by yourself and make your own mind.

Tested on PC and XBox.
The only real difference for me was the graphics, as on PC i use it with a 4k Monitor with 6core intel and a GTX1080..
Never had a special problem with the performance of my XBOX Beta versions. Neither with gamepad, nor with my Thrustmaster TX.

But all i state here is bullsh*t as stated above. It's my personal mind.

Don't care what others say. Feel it, taste it, love it or not.

transfix
20-09-2017, 01:14
You should always make your own thoughts through your own experiences, not by what others say.

FIA
20-09-2017, 02:28
I think this shows a good example to how good its looking on Xbox, and in some parts better looking
on detail and other part too, like road detail compared to ps4, game was also running good on Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJRmN1vXz8

Psychomatrix
20-09-2017, 22:43
Yes but main feature for me is framerate. Because framerate affect the way you can steering. On 60fps you can better steering than on 40fps. Nobody would blame sms when they say sorry guys in some situations the framerate drops to 38, because the hardware is to weak..point.
But at gamescom I hear from andy tudor and the german namco bandai guy that 60fps is a sacrifice. In combination with no official gameplay material it's not the best way to promote. Ok they can say whe never talked about the xbox one at gamescom, because there where only ps4 and pc promotion, and said only whe put the best out of the hardware.
Funny thing is that I thought that forza 7 would stand still and project cars 2 would be improved. But performance-based pcars2 is on pair with pcars1 on xbox one. So to me is still dissapointing. Because it have always the taste that xbox one is a garbage product of ps4 code. It's understandable because their lies the money what developers need to live and improve their work.
But for me as customer it's dissapointing. Because I expected months ago that what whe see now. Old generation it's on it's limit. But as a read and hear promotion that 60fps is fact my expectations grow. I really hope that's playable and in the most cases the framerate is stable.

ShneebnaMRR108
20-09-2017, 23:54
We can't wait two more days before we actually try it, and form our own actual opinions? We have to try to turn this forum into one like the other game where all they do is argue and moan about FPS and shadows under the cars, and the difference between 0.0012 and 0.0013? Whatever will be wrong or right about it, you'll be in the same boat as everyone else, so define your driving craft given the circumstances that are at hand, adapt and get in a race. If you're so focused on looking at your FPS meter, your not looking at the track. Complaining too much will get you ignored. Sorry, just a little annoyed with all this ....

FIA
21-09-2017, 00:49
Also to add, there are things you can do to to help your xbox run more efficient in all games
using a External Hard Drive Expansion USB 3.0, this will make your xbox run and load fast in all areas
if not using External Hard Drive try not holding on to old games, so your hdd is full to the max

don't install any patch at the same time as the game disc in installing, click cancel on the patch that pops up when disc in installing
after game has installed, then do a hard reboot, hold the xbox white button on the console till its shuts down and is off
green xbox screen should show on startup.

then reboot and add the patch, and then do another hard reboot, after the hard reboot you will see the green xbox screen again
now start game..

malcster
21-09-2017, 06:49
So should all.my games be on my external drive
I generally keep the main games.im playing on internal.drive
Battlefield 1
FIFA
Project cars 1
Are.all on internal and every thing else on the external.drive

Or have I got the wrong way round ??

chris465
21-09-2017, 08:05
I'm not having any problems playing Project Cars 1 (Xbox One) as long as 2 is same/better than I'll be a very happy man.

Everything I've seen and read says it is miles better than the first game.
How about showing a little optimism instead of wanting to criticise something you've not even played!

I'm Super excited for tomorrow

XFR Spike
21-09-2017, 08:19
Battlefield 1
FIFA
Project cars 1

Or have I got the wrong way round ??Personally, I run my primary games on external HDD & archive titles to my internal HDD.
There were reports that access times on external HDDs were faster compared to the internal HDD.
I can't say for sure if this is accurate, only that I've had no problems doing so & if there is truth in it, then it may offer marginal improvement for us.
Hope that helps? Little info here https://www.lifewire.com/xbox-one-external-hdd-guide-3562292

Psychomatrix
21-09-2017, 11:29
I've preorderd the game and maybe the headline was wrong chosen. In general I think project cars 2 have the best track and car selection ever in universe! And it's for sure great that a studio with a 12 time smaller budget than gran turismo sport bring such a game on the market. But the graphic issues are there and it's not because sms done not a good job. It's more that the xbox one seems to weak. I will see it tomorrow by myself. After a while I found out that the guy who runs the channel on youtube is a forza freak. So no wonder that he criticized the game.

Just Another Frog
21-09-2017, 12:23
I've preorderd the game and maybe the headline was wrong chosen. In general I think project cars 2 have the best track and car selection ever in universe! And it's for sure great that a studio with a 12 time smaller budget than gran turismo sport bring such a game on the market. But the graphic issues are there and it's not because sms done not a good job. It's more that the xbox one seems to weak. I will see it tomorrow by myself. After a while I found out that the guy who runs the channel on youtube is a forza freak. So no wonder that he criticized the game.

..and I still haven't got a clue exactly what your point is lol. Project Cars is bad, Project Cars is good, FMS is good, FMS is bad, 60fps isn't good enough, i'm buying the game anyway...A rollercoaster of indecision :)
This time tomorrow the forums will be either full of grumpy people complaining about how broken things are, people demanding a refund, people saying how good it is, people saying how good it could have been - or even people posting in the wrong forum saying their cat has swallowed a pair of underpants and they don't know what to do. See, you've even got me at it now.

The singlemost important question I really need to know the answer to at this moment in time is: Why on earth does the spotter in Nascar Heat 2 keep calling me Trevor?

Fractured Life
21-09-2017, 12:29
Personally, I run my primary games on external HDD & archive titles to my internal HDD.
There were reports that access times on external HDDs were faster compared to the internal HDD.
I can't say for sure if this is accurate, only that I've had no problems doing so & if there is truth in it, then it may offer marginal improvement for us.
Hope that helps? Little info here https://www.lifewire.com/xbox-one-external-hdd-guide-3562292

Externals the way to go, internal drive is a P.o.S. with old SATA II I think, USB 3.0 connected HDD performs better. I opted for a 240GB SSD and an enclosure for something like 48 all in. It makes zero difference to screen tearing or FPS but when it comes to loading maps etc it's rapid. On Gears 4 100% of the time I load into the lobby as first/joint first player and wait for everyone else. I can guess who is running what by how long the load to lobby takes, other SSD users get in at same time, followed by Xbox One S users with External, One S internal, then Xbox One standard users with External, then Standard Xbox Internal dive users some 15 seconds later.

malcster
21-09-2017, 13:57
Well.ill be moving all mine round later

I have a one s with 1tb plus a 2tb hard drive

Srt8 300c
21-09-2017, 14:00
I'm super hyped!!

Dfg15
21-09-2017, 18:00
Too bad on the Xbox you won’t be able to map enough buttons like seat position, brake bias because it does not support secondary keyboards etc Really wish a Microsoft would fix this after 4 years

XFR Spike
21-09-2017, 18:24
Too bad on the Xbox you won’t be able to map enough buttons like seat position, brake bias because it does not support secondary keyboards etc Really wish a Microsoft would fix this after 4 years
It's not nearly as bad as you might think. The D-pad covers in-race adjustments by the look of Xbox clips (bias, tyre pressures etc.) and we got by OK on pCARS1.
Fingers crossed Xbox One X opens up broader input device support though; would be great for wheel racers to have pad on hand too.

Just 4hrs 36min 12sec

Psychomatrix
21-09-2017, 18:28
In my view it's clear now that some videos on I saw where very bad rendered. So I'm apologize and from my side this thread can be closed. I have no issue with it. Maybe SMS should gave vvv the Xbox version earlier, so not guys like Johnson have the chance to post the first xbox gameplay.

Ixoye56
21-09-2017, 21:00
I have just try my game for the first time, and it looks better than PC1 on Xbox and driving with controller feels almost the same as in Forza, rest assure all Xboners, you gonna love it.

FIA
22-09-2017, 01:08
Battlefield 1
FIFA
Project cars 1

Or have I got the wrong way round ??

Yes you have this wrong altogether, the games you don't and do play should all be on the external
so your internal.drive is empty, even the apps you use put it all in the external.drive

then your internal.drive will only be use for your system now and it will be fast, games from external.drive will load and work faster now
remember if your internal.drive is always seeking for something, it will slow the other thing its trying to do
now its empty its free to do the core system things...fast

FIA
22-09-2017, 01:21
I have just try my game for the first time, and it looks better than PC1 on Xbox and driving with controller feels almost the same as in Forza, rest assure all Xboners, you gonna love it.

Yes iv just been playing too, and its a joy to play, put in some TT just to test it out
i think i got some fastest laps in there, so im at the top of some track Leaderboards :frog:

was testing the pad out see how it plays and is so good, will test wheel later when i set it all up
didn't have time to test wheel after installing all the game and the 11GB patch, all takes time

Just Another Frog
22-09-2017, 02:27
Yes iv just been playing too, and its a joy to play, put in some TT just to test it out
i think i got some fastest laps in there, so im at the top of some track Leaderboards :frog:

was testing the pad out see how it plays and is so good, will test wheel later when i set it all up
didn't have time to test wheel after installing all the game and the 11GB patch, all takes time

Any chance you could share the speed sensitivity and damper settings please. Mine are currently 100, 53 and 79 respectively and at the moment the cars i've used seem ok to drive with these settings. I'm finding that anything less than 85 speed sensitivity makes the car too twitchy and i'm struggling to offset a lower figure with the damping settings so a comparison would be a big help. Thanks

nissan4ever
22-09-2017, 07:12
I'm playing on my Xbox One S for now. But come November 7th....... I'll be playing it on my Xbox One X in a much higher resolution & should be 60 fps all the time (hopefully). The PS4 Pro version basically is 60 fps at all times. Except with bad weather & large grid of AI. Then it can drops to 58 fps on PS4 Pro. But that's as low as it got in the Digital Foundry video on YouTube.

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 07:17

same thoughts here from playing it a few hours

Plato99
22-09-2017, 08:50
It is truly fabulous. It's like Assetto Corsa never happened. Superb effort guys, loving it.

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 09:27
Some more thoughts on the standard XBox One version.

I've just done a lap in all 4 community events to get a better experience from driving some other cars.

* The out-of-the-box controller handling is absolutely great. That indycar around COTA felt really good. The Caterham around Knockhill felt twitchier than the indycar but rightfully so. The LMP2 (I think it was the Ligier) interior looks stunning and again controlling it felt really good. The Nissan on a wet Sugo was most difficult to drive of all 4 events, it felt like the car was on slicks on the wet (I don't know what tires were on the car to be honest, I used whatever was standard under it - probably slicks :p).

* Turn 1 in the indycar on COTA has a little screen tearing issue, I think that's because a lot of background detail is drawn. If that's the trade-off for keeping the graphic detail and FPS rate then so be it. Performance overall feels really good, the game feels responsive and again, if you just play it on a basic XBox it really does look great. It's not like in the videos that you have a PS4 Pro or PC next to it to compare. I would also like to mention that quite a lot of youtube videos give a low res or low quality impression, the game is nothing like that. I really hated the way the game looked on the YouTube videos from the +/- April media reveal with the low res indycar mirrors in cockpit view. I was now driving that indycar in helmet camera but not even once did it look as bad as I remember from those videos.

Normally I don't even like Indycars but this community event hotlap around COTA was really good. I like the car handling, the sound, the graphics and controller input for it is really good. Knowing the braking points and being competitive with it is a whole different story but that's completely related to myself. If you make a turn and come back on the gas easily it feels good and actually not too difficult to do. Floor it too fast while your front wheels are not aligned yet and... bye bye to the "hot" in hop lap. :)

WRL Montoya
24-09-2017, 00:30
I'm playing on xbox one. The game is a pile of ****! Framerate is very low, mirrors are laggy. Horrible to play with, plus theres a tonne of bugs in the game which I can't be bothered listing because it's too many!

moeder_theresa
24-09-2017, 10:56
Awful sound, lots of bugs and my career progress got erased twice.
This is a very big pile of ....
Forza 7 here I come!

Methadone Man
24-09-2017, 11:39

Until the game spontaneously deletes your career progress.

Let me go ahead and write you a script.

Alprazolam 0.5 MG PO q6h PRN agitation. Dispense #90. Refills 3. (I'm assuming 3 months to get a proper patch, so I wanna make sure you're covered.)

TopAirspace
24-09-2017, 11:43
This is the Ps4 Pro Enhanced Version....

PervasiveFall8
24-09-2017, 15:06
same thoughts here from playing it a few hours
Ive had some issues with frame rate dropping and tearing and surprisingly it's been sunny- I think game demands more then Xbox one has to give. If I drop names above cars, driving line, and graphic options as we did on PC1 it's very smooth and descent.
Loved horizon and it was 30fps. So I never get this 60fps argument I just care and see when it's loaded and having issues.
I'm happy with visuals and frame related gameplay 99% of the time in 21hours of play

PervasiveFall8
24-09-2017, 15:10
Agree on the mirrors even with my statement above. It's like looking in old aluminum mirrors - doable but agin I assume a lot of Theis is due to the platform and it will be the platform that I will be ditching not the game. I sort of assumin Xbox x will be better - but I'm seeing a move to PC where I'm able to upgrade graphic performance

Just Another Frog
24-09-2017, 16:53
Ive had some issues with frame rate dropping and tearing and surprisingly it's been sunny- I think game demands more then Xbox one has to give. If I drop names above cars, driving line, and graphic options as we did on PC1 it's very smooth and descent.
Loved horizon and it was 30fps. So I never get this 60fps argument I just care and see when it's loaded and having issues.
I'm happy with visuals and frame related gameplay 99% of the time in 21hours of play

The only real problem with framerate/performance changes is that it directly affects the handling as well.. I've been tweaking and tweaking the controller forever and it's been driving me crazy because I just couldn't fathom out why I could get it perfect whilst doing 1 lap solo test runs and it completely changing when entering career mode.
To see what I mean take a FC car for a zero opponent spin around a track with fast sweeping corners and a track with good technical sections (Spa and COTA are perfect examples) using cockpit or bonnet view. The first thing you notice is the handling is ultra fluid (i'm getting to like it more and more) and you can really attack whatever the track throws at you.. It really is a joy to play.
Now do exactly the same with a grid of 16 and you will immediately notice the whole car dynamic has changed. Cornering feels sluggish, understeer when exiting corners because you've overcompensated the turn (resulting in the gearbox just dying on you) or the car dipping in or out of the 'sweet spot' during precise high and low speed corners.
Most of the above are normally a direct result of incorrect damping/sensitivity settings and up until stumbling upon the realisation that cars on track affect performance to the point that it also affects the controller input/output, silly old me genuinely thought he was mis-setting the relevant sliders....
On a much more positive note i've also discovered that altering the FOV to 100/110 makes a huge difference so in the short term most (but not all) tracks are pretty decent with a good handful of cars on track.

All i'm saying is, like the above poster, if you're prepared to spend a little time trying this and that to improve things then there are a suprising amount of compromises that can be made in order to still make PCars 2 a solid experience. Remember, this is a day one product we're talking about and although I don't particularly agree with the fact day one releases should have issues, I have to accept that from an XB1 perspective that's the way it is - and will always be - (PC2 is no different from any other game) so a certain amount of leeway has to be given.
Don't also forget that PCars 2 is leaps and bounds better than day one PCars 1 so if it develops at the same rate as it's predecessor then cashing in and clearing off might not be such a good idea.

And finally to keep in line with the thread and pour scorn over those that the scorn pouring is directed at I will submit two previously unmentioned gamebreaking issues in order to claim my refund. Firstly the grid lights are the incorrect shades of red and green and secondly some of the gravel at Nurburgring isn't within FIA shape and texture regulations. I thought I saw two identical snowflakes as well.
I'm in the gang now so can i have a badge please?

Appreciate this nonsensicai rambling - it was done on XB1 with a controller (and edited a thousand times to put right)

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 17:01
This is the Ps4 Pro Enhanced Version....

Happens on PC as well with everything on Ultra (and I already reported it ;)). So it's a generic bug.