PDA

View Full Version : Pcars 2 Dedicated Server Specs

Mav2537
19-09-2017, 13:15
I have been trying to find some information in regards to this to no avail

What are the specifications needed to run a dedicated server both for Hardware and Software?

Any help will be greatly appreciated?

drathuu
19-09-2017, 13:45
hopefully it will be in the documentation for the dedi server.. Sadly i deleted my files at end of WMD, as i suspect this would be updated aswell at launch.

The project Cars one is still in steam (Library->Tools) - I doubt the load on the server would be much more than the original Pcars as its just passing data around back and forth.. (However if you can run AI on it, then that will introduce some substantial load.

Maybe a Dev could advise otherwise

Aldo Zampatti
20-09-2017, 01:18
hopefully it will be in the documentation for the dedi server.. Sadly i deleted my files at end of WMD, as i suspect this would be updated aswell at launch.

The project Cars one is still in steam (Library->Tools) - I doubt the load on the server would be much more than the original Pcars as its just passing data around back and forth.. (However if you can run AI on it, then that will introduce some substantial load.

Maybe a Dev could advise otherwise

There are a few more things, and we've seen its limits on testing, but I have no numbers about which CPU should be recommended.
Of course, the faster the CPU, the better result you get (less lag is the obvious). If I were building a DS for myself, I would pick a low-core-count CPU with lot's of GHZ's and great IPC :) So maybe like a 6th/7th gen Core i5. Or maybe even Core i3 depending the single/multi threading performance.