PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback explained. Configuration settings for all cars and tips

Rantam
20-09-2017, 14:42
Hi there,

here goes a good video explaining the FFB system of Project Cars 2. It contains explanations about all its parameters, recommended settings for all cars and much more:

http://youtu.be/gW5ESYLlNnk

NOTE: For the latest version of FFB settings please check the spreadsheet. Some are already outdated on the video. But it's worth the watch anyway.

Link to the PCars2 Force Feedback spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hXeBmtlmSMjkcJkJVA-GJC5BkzEHIu0Y75c9IiUTGOc/edit?usp=sharing).

Hope it will be useful for all of you ;)

Kindest regards

Aldo Zampatti
20-09-2017, 16:47
Even tough the TTS voice kills me, I'm sticking this for reference :)

GTsimms
20-09-2017, 16:58
I have been planning on updating the other thread I posted, but got ninja'd. But, that is a great video!

Alan Dallas
22-09-2017, 04:00
Just an FYI, at 8:00 time mark in that video, the Thrustmaster Control Panel settings shown for the T300 also apply to the TX. :)

konnos
22-09-2017, 07:00
Where did this "put speed sensitivity at 45" come from? Because I have used RAW and the FFB feels a little weak in the centre, this settings is making my centre bigger, if that makes sense, since I steer more but get less movement in the wheels, so less resistance. Is this indeed a good settings? I need to try it again anyway, I didn't get to play too much yesterday.

And as far as the windows control panel goes, does pcars use the PERIODIC slider now? I am pretty sure it didn't in PCARS1.

UHREG
22-09-2017, 13:34
Does this work for g27? trying to search but cant really find anything for it :/

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 00:06
Where did this "put speed sensitivity at 45" come from? Because I have used RAW and the FFB feels a little weak in the centre, this settings is making my centre bigger, if that makes sense, since I steer more but get less movement in the wheels, so less resistance. Is this indeed a good settings? I need to try it again anyway, I didn't get to play too much yesterday.

And as far as the windows control panel goes, does pcars use the PERIODIC slider now? I am pretty sure it didn't in PCARS1.

IDK, I know Ben was using Steering Sensitivity at 45 in a WMD2 post on 2/23/2017 and not speed sensitivity. But, Casey Ringley replied

Hey Rob.

Nothing has changed in the fundamental code for how steering sensitivity works, so 50 is still pure linear response from input to output. Personally, I'd never change from that on any decent wheel, but Ben likes to fiddle with the dials and that's cool. :)

jimortality
23-09-2017, 00:47
Where can I find the spreadsheet cheers

poirqc
23-09-2017, 02:15
Where can I find the spreadsheet cheers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hXeBmtlmSMjkcJkJVA-GJC5BkzEHIu0Y75c9IiUTGOc/edit#gid=738614166

Rantam
23-09-2017, 11:18
IDK, I know Ben was using Steering Sensitivity at 45 in a WMD2 post on 2/23/2017 and not speed sensitivity. But, Casey Ringley replied

[COLOR="#0000FF"]

You're right thanks. The spreadsheet has been edited to correct that, and a note explaining that has been added to the video's description to clarify that.

Regards

Gabe777
23-09-2017, 13:17
Just get Jack's files. Saves major headaches.

rosko
23-09-2017, 15:20
FFB feels exactly like the first game to me. And just as in the first game you can get ok ffb in some cars then go into another & its rubbish. I'm have to tune the ffb every car i sit in & sometimes it just feels vague no matter. One car clips at 35 another similar car clips at 75. Even when you get it decent you still get nothing to indicate grip when braking or turning just as in the first game. Turning up tone will add some weight on turn in but grip lose does nothing. Just like the first game it loads up the tyres into hill & crests as well as rfactor2 but that's about it. In fact this time round there is way more deadzone.

Edit:

OK tried a few of the JS files.This was a big improvement for me. standard low.

What im still finding i have to adjust volume & tone in every car, sometimes i will drop volume from 50 to 40 or tone from 40 to 50 & it makes a huge difference once you have the sweet spot. IMO its an odd decision not to let us save the Tone & volume setting per car. Please please SMS let us do this.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 15:25
It's not the first time I see t300 user complaining. I'm sure devs are on it already.

In any case, deadzone can be adjust in the custom file. Sorry, I can't recall the line but I think it's an obvious one. The first value I think is the one to change.

Example, 2%deadzone? 0.02 is the value.

konnos
23-09-2017, 15:28
It's the "tighten output" line towards the end.

rosko
23-09-2017, 16:48
It's not the first time I see t300 user complaining. I'm sure devs are on it already.

In any case, deadzone can be adjust in the custom file. Sorry, I can't recall the line but I think it's an obvious one. The first value I think is the one to change.

Example, 2%deadzone? 0.02 is the value.

see above i've updated my comment, i think there is deadzone removal in the JS files & it has helped, also the compression has helped with the huge differences between the cars but im still having to fine tune them but generally only a value of +-10. I just wish they would allow to save per car for us PC users.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 18:20
FFB feels exactly like the first game to me. And just as in the first game you can get ok ffb in some cars then go into another & its rubbish. I'm have to tune the ffb every car i sit in & sometimes it just feels vague no matter. One car clips at 35 another similar car clips at 75. Even when you get it decent you still get nothing to indicate grip when braking or turning just as in the first game. Turning up tone will add some weight on turn in but grip lose does nothing. Just like the first game it loads up the tyres into hill & crests as well as rfactor2 but that's about it. In fact this time round there is way more deadzone.

Edit:

OK tried a few of the JS files.This was a big improvement for me. standard low.

What im still finding i have to adjust volume & tone in every car, sometimes i will drop volume from 50 to 40 or tone from 40 to 50 & it makes a huge difference once you have the sweet spot. IMO its an odd decision not to let us save the Tone & volume setting per car. Please please SMS let us do this.

There were many reports in WDM about car multipliers unbalance, so let´s hope for a fix in a patch. Volume and Tone setting per car was in some time ago, but never was working at the time, for some
reason they removed it.

konnos
23-09-2017, 19:45
Was the Speed Sensitivity default at 50? I feel I am turning the wheel too much with that value? Maybe i got used to 0 or something.

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 19:50
I would set at 0, but I am not having any T300 issues. My feedback settings may feel light to some at first. But, I would suspect, if its like my wheel. The oh ****, will hit some of the guys. I think, over doing the ffb is another reason for the high failure rate. Pushing beyond, what the motor is capable of doing is not so good.

Rantam
24-09-2017, 23:11
Just get Jack's files. Saves major headaches.

No offense, but the purpose of Jack's files and this video/spreadsheet is different. They aren't alternatives but complement each other:

- video.
---Explains how the FFB compares to pcars1's
---explains all parameters related to FFB and what they do
---shows recommended controller and FFB settings, including device settings and control settings in game
---Explains also how the FFB widget works and tips and tricks about how the FFB

- spreadsheet.
---Contains recommended device settings in the OS, device settings in game and FFB settings in game
---contains the overall FFB quality score for all cars & tracks in Pcars2
---recommended FFB settings for all cars
---custom FFB flavor file (optimized for t300). This file contains explanations about the parameters included

-Jack's files. Contains a bunch of different custom FFB flavors. All seem to have compression enabled and certain parameters that may have sense for Fanatec wheels but not for others (antidrag).

In my opinion is better trying to understand how the FFB works. A general custom file may provide a different FFB experience but in the end nothing beats a custom file configured for your specific device model. No need to say for your actual steering wheel unit. And on top of that you have to add your specific FFB taste.

Kindest regards

whip
29-09-2017, 13:52
is immersive ffb even working, it just feels heavy and the volume does nothing, doesn't seem like autotune is working on it either

Sankyo
29-09-2017, 14:22
is immersive ffb even working, it just feels heavy and the volume does nothing, doesn't seem like autotune is working on it either

What wheel, what FFB settings?

CRUCIALD00DZ
02-10-2017, 01:45
holy shit i actually have an issue an even the forums are so poor i cant post it

konnos
02-10-2017, 09:54
You might need to have more posts to be able to upload attachments and links.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 10:37
holy shit i actually have an issue an even the forums are so poor i cant post it

You need 5 or more posts before you can post links.

GBO Possum
03-10-2017, 16:51
Even tough the TTS voice kills me, I'm sticking this for reference :)

If you play it back at 1.25x speed, it's a whole lot easier to stomach. Quicker too. It's in the settings icon below the playback. Some even like 1.5x

mattski88
10-10-2017, 10:32
Hi how r u? i appreciate ur help show how setting w steering . very very helpful. here my question speed senstive why is that low 45 ? if u put 100 it ll increase more speed ? what does speed senstive do to affect gaming speed accerlate pedal ?

Rantam
10-10-2017, 20:38
Hi,

please check the spreadsheet for the latest recommended value (which is not 45). The game's manual explains the speed sensitivity as:

• Speed sensitivity
This is a setting that may help when you’re driving at high speeds, especially if you're using a gamepad. Increasing the value for this option will make your steering less sensitive at high speeds. This results in a more detailed steering when you're on a straight (and where you only need a limited amount of steering). This is especially recommended for gamepad drivers who are struggling with fine inputs on straights while wanting to retain the ability to get around the sharper corners.

Lower settings will make the car more twitchy and sensitive at high speed, as the wheels will turn at a faster rate.

Link here -> https://www.projectcarsgame.com/02-options-and-settings.html?lang=en

Regards

Andre92
16-10-2017, 12:04
Is there a way to turn off Autotune? If i'm correct, it should only adjust the volume setting when using the immersive and informative modes, not when using custom or raw. On my setup (DD Wheel, small Mige) it tunes down the volume in Raw or Custom mode as well. I also tried Jack Spade's settings and the volume was turned down as well.

I would like to completely turn off autotune. Is that possible?

Regards,
André

Jack Spade
16-10-2017, 12:45
Is there a way to turn off Autotune? If i'm correct, it should only adjust the volume setting when using the immersive and informative modes, not when using custom or raw. On my setup (DD Wheel, small Mige) it tunes down the volume in Raw or Custom mode as well. I also tried Jack Spade's settings and the volume was turned down as well.

I would like to completely turn off autotune. Is that possible?

Regards,
André

AFAIK auto adjust only is active with immersive. My files are based on raw and definitely no auto adjust active with these files.

Line in raw/custom files.
# scaler is not hooked to output in RAW

RomKnight
16-10-2017, 12:45
Use RAW flavour

Andre92
16-10-2017, 16:48
Thanks for the replies. The problem is that even in Raw and Custom modes, the volume is turned down after 2-3 laps. I can notice the difference when driving. Is there a log-file or debug possibility to check if Autotune is doing something?

Is Autotune only changing the volume to prevent clipping?

What do the Scaler values mean in the custom settings file?

Thanks,
André

Rantam
16-10-2017, 21:32
The autotune feature is not applied if you're using the Raw profile. The problem must be something else... and yes, AFAIK it only affects volume.

Regards

Andre92
17-10-2017, 05:53
Thanks. Had some more time last night and found out it was indeed something else. I had two hardware buttons assigned to change the ffb while driving and the lower volume one was ghosting...duh..:-)

Cheers,
André

Phaze11111
17-10-2017, 13:38
How can I view the FFB data in the HUD on Pcars2 mentioned in the video? Sorry if this has been answered here or elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find out can't find out how to do it. Thanks!

Rantam
18-10-2017, 17:37
Just change the HUD to the telemetry mode and you'll see it there. To do so just map a key/button to cycle between the different modes available.

Regards

Ps. Note that a new version of the HUD FFB widget was included in one of the patches PCars2 got after the release date, so now you can see while driving the values for Gain, volume, tone and FX.

Racer66
25-10-2017, 00:16
I’ve read through this whole conversation, I’ve applied the custom file, and applied the settings recommended on both my PC and in game. I have the TS300 servo and leather wheel. My goal is to have realistic force feedback for each car as it would be in reality and feel real for each track in each weather condition. I thought that’s what the custom file was supposed to accomplish after hours of testing. Am I incorrect on the purpose? BTW Thank you WMD, and all of the other testers.

Rantam
08-11-2017, 21:12
Hi,

I'm afraid I'd consider such assumption incorrect, yes. The custom FFB profile allows you to adjust how the FFB translates to your specific steering wheel. Depending on how you tweak this file may result in quite different FFB feeling. But in the end, even if you get an optimal custom file for your wheel (which depends not only on the specific wheel you're using but on your personal preferences about how it should feel too) that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get a realistic feeling for each car for each track in each weather condition.

Main reason being that the same car won't feel exactly the same on different tracks, as depending on the track you'll find different surface detail, etc. Tracks like Knockhill or Brands Hatch have a lot of bumps and surface detail while others are smooth like silk. Add different surface conditions due weather and the variance will increase exponentially (keep in mind forces applied to the tire patch are quite different on dry & warm tarmac and on wet or icy surfaces). This means that from track to track you probably are going to need to apply different values for volume, tone and fx too. And also keep in mind that FFB in some cars "feels better" than in others. But that doesn't really mean the way they feel is necessarily realistic..

So... try to get your custom profile and the FFB ingame parameters tweaked to your liking so you can enjoy the game at its best. But having all cars feeling as their real counterparts on every track and weather condition is something I don't think it's really achievable.

Regards

poumpoum
03-12-2017, 20:04
I finally had time to test the game with weekend. As I was not really happy with the FFB feeling out of the box I began to read stuff and I found this video which is the best so far ;)

When you haven't play Project Cars 1, FFB in Project Cars 2 is perhaps easier but it is still really complicated. Everyone uses a lot of references to the first game (compression, auto tune, Sop, Mz, Fy...) and it makes it difficult to understand. I know Project Cars is a sim and it's nice to be able to configure the force feedback as we all have different hardware (wheel bases, rim sizes) but also different tastes. What I was expecting about the flavours was something like this :
- profile 01 : you feel through the wheel the same as in real life (just a little self aligning torque)
- profile 02 : you feel through the wheel the same as in real life + a little of what your body feel (G forces)
- profile 03 : you feel through the wheel the same as in real life + a lot of what your body feel (G forces)

I understand that if you ask too much for your wheel you could have clipping and lose important information this is why you need to find a configuration where you haven't (again thanks to the video:)).

But when I read the description in the game, I'm not sure to understand what is the difference between RAW or Immersive ? The informations are basically the same ? Is it just a matter of compression to avoid clipping ? The Informative flavour is the same as Immersive but more exaggerated ? In the video, it seems to be the opposite as Immersive is more about what the driver's body feel (this is what you guys call SoP ? and FX) and Informative is more like RAW with a focus on Tyre Slip / Self Aligning Torque (Mz) !?

I tried a lot of different configurations, those are my notes (PC2 v3 + Fanatec CSL ELite PS4 with default conf and I play on PC) :
- Speed sensitivity : 0, the feeling is so strange (huge dead zone) if I use something other than the default value (0)
- Damper saturation : from 0 to 100, it changes absolutely nothing in the feeling, I was expecting to impact the weight of the wheel
- Flavour : I went back to RAW for the moment as advised in the video
- Volume : works as expected, like suggested in the video, I've mapped buttons to adjust it on the fly, depending on the car I'm between 25-35
- Tone : slider between road surface (aka body feel ?) and tyre slip (Mz ?), from 0 to 100, with higher values the wheel feels heavier (like volume)
- FX : road surface (aka body feel ?) from 0 to 100 with no impact on tyre slip feeling ?

If I get this right, I can go from [Tone/50, FX/50] to [Tone/100, FX/50] to have a better feeling of tyre slip but I will loose road surface details, so I can go for [Tone/100, FX/100] to have at the same time a better feeling of tyre slip + road surface details ? (of course I need to check that I have no clipping)

If it works like that why the Tone is linked to the "FX"/road surface ? Shouldn't we have a slider for each of them ?

One last question, the purpose of auto-tune function available in Immersive and Informative is to modulate the Volume trigger in real time ?

poirqc
03-12-2017, 23:14
I finally had time to test the game with weekend. As I was not really happy with the FFB feeling out of the box I began to read stuff and I found this video which is the best so far ;)

When you haven't play Project Cars 1, FFB in Project Cars 2 is perhaps easier but it is still really complicated. Everyone uses a lot of references to the first game (compression, auto tune, Sop, Mz, Fy...) and it makes it difficult to understand. I know Project Cars is a sim and it's nice to be able to configure the force feedback as we all have different hardware (wheel bases, rim sizes) but also different tastes. What I was expecting about the flavours was something like this :
- profile 01 : you feel through the wheel the same as in real life (just a little self aligning torque)
- profile 02 : you feel through the wheel the same as in real life + a little of what your body feel (G forces)
- profile 03 : you feel through the wheel the same as in real life + a lot of what your body feel (G forces)

I understand that if you ask too much for your wheel you could have clipping and lose important information this is why you need to find a configuration where you haven't (again thanks to the video:)).

But when I read the description in the game, I'm not sure to understand what is the difference between RAW or Immersive ? The informations are basically the same ? Is it just a matter of compression to avoid clipping ? The Informative flavour is the same as Immersive but more exaggerated ? In the video, it seems to be the opposite as Immersive is more about what the driver's body feel (this is what you guys call SoP ? and FX) and Informative is more like RAW with a focus on Tyre Slip / Self Aligning Torque (Mz) !?

I tried a lot of different configurations, those are my notes (PC2 v3 + Fanatec CSL ELite PS4 with default conf and I play on PC) :
- Speed sensitivity : 0, the feeling is so strange (huge dead zone) if I use something other than the default value (0)
- Damper saturation : from 0 to 100, it changes absolutely nothing in the feeling, I was expecting to impact the weight of the wheel
- Flavour : I went back to RAW for the moment as advised in the video
- Volume : works as expected, like suggested in the video, I've mapped buttons to adjust it on the fly, depending on the car I'm between 25-35
- Tone : slider between road surface (aka body feel ?) and tyre slip (Mz ?), from 0 to 100, with higher values the wheel feels heavier (like volume)
- FX : road surface (aka body feel ?) from 0 to 100 with no impact on tyre slip feeling ?

If I get this right, I can go from [Tone/50, FX/50] to [Tone/100, FX/50] to have a better feeling of tyre slip but I will loose road surface details, so I can go for [Tone/100, FX/100] to have at the same time a better feeling of tyre slip + road surface details ? (of course I need to check that I have no clipping)

If it works like that why the Tone is linked to the "FX"/road surface ? Shouldn't we have a slider for each of them ?

One last question, the purpose of auto-tune function available in Immersive and Informative is to modulate the Volume trigger in real time ?

Kind of in a hurry. Yes, auto-tune remove the deadzone automatically and adjust volume and compression automatically so that you don't clip too much.

I've had great results with Default informative. Since your on a PS, you might need to play with GAIN since it's essentially your driver control panel. But you may not because i think Fanatec wheel have build-in memory that can bypass the GAIN slider(not sure).

poumpoum
04-12-2017, 22:20
Thanks for your answer ! (I'm using a CSL ELite S4 but I play on PC ;))

I will try Informative this week and see how it is compared to Immersive or RAW...

Burningstar1983
13-12-2017, 20:17
CAN SMS ADD FUNCTION IN OPTION MENU TO CHOSE FFB UPDATE RATE!FOR DD WHEELS ITS THE MUST update rate 180!!!
What is actual ffb update rate of pcars2???

Reiche
13-12-2017, 21:37
At first: stop screaming, nobody will take that post as serious.

Update rate is 600Hz with command line option for 500 afaik.

But: why do you think DD wheels need 180Hz? I've read a lot of stuff on that topic and have never read something similar. Yet the DD community is widespread across different boards and I'm far from knowing all of them, so I might have missed that

poirqc
14-12-2017, 00:32
At first: stop screaming, nobody will take that post as serious.

Update rate is 600Hz with command line option for 500 afaik.

But: why do you think DD wheels need 180Hz? I've read a lot of stuff on that topic and have never read something similar. Yet the DD community is widespread across different boards and I'm far from knowing all of them, so I might have missed that

Using the command line, you can set whatever Frequency you want up to 600Hz.

It's easy enough. -ffb 600

With that said, I'm not even sure it better things. For sure, some testing is needed.

kofotsjanne
17-12-2017, 17:32
Using the command line, you can set whatever Frequency you want up to 600Hz.

It's easy enough. -ffb 600

With that said, I'm not even sure it better things. For sure, some testing is needed.
you set that command line in steam launch options, right? What am I supposed to use with a t300?

poirqc
17-12-2017, 19:27
you set that command line in steam launch options, right? What am I supposed to use with a t300?

I dug the info from an old post. There's no mention of the T300. Only the T500:

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/2922-interesting-info-on-torqueresponse-time/

In any case, just try to command. It won't hurt.

Philly
01-02-2018, 09:52
Some of general impressions and questions related to FFB in PC2.

First of all, I like it quite a lot. On a cheaper wheel like G27 with default presets (I use Immersive) you get less detail compared to, say, RF2 FFB, but the wheel feels closer to real life where details are not as pronounced, but you can still feel them. I drive an 2008 Impreza WRX where steering is quite damped, so it might not be a perfect reference for the in game Evo IX and VI I used to configure FFB.

Being a guitar player, I must mention that the Gain - Volume - Tone setup model is, while being cool, a bit counter - intuitive.
On a guitar amp you roll Gain down in order to get wider dynamic range and in order not to compress the signal by over-amplifying quieter sounds. Contrary to that, in PC2 you are suggested to have Gain at 100%, which I would expect to exaggerate lower strength signals and compress higher strength ones.
As for the Volume control, I'm having hard time understanding what exactly it amplifies. It does increase heaviness, that's for sure, but is it the "natural" heaviness from forces coming from tires and suspension controlled by the Tone settings? In such case what are the exact effects that are controlled by the Gain setting?

Philly
01-02-2018, 10:24
Re-watched the video where it was mentioned that Volume is what controls effects strength *before* Gain.
Now I'm really confused:)

In guitar world you use Gain to control preamp volume to boost lower signals. And then Volume to control poweramp and increase overall volume going to speakers.
In PC2 the situation appears to be quite the opposite. Or did I get it wrong?

pferreirag60
01-02-2018, 14:12
In my view this is important, as not everyone have top wheels. Poirqc posted a very old link to a test of torque and response of some wheels, made by a developer if IRacing (David T)

So here i post the results, so you could use the -FBB parameter with the correct value of your wheel.

Logitech G25 (900 deg)

500 hz update rate (2ms delay)

9-10 ms latency (first move)

Logitech G27 (900 deg)

9-10 ms latency (first move)

Fanatec GT3 (900 deg)

14 ms latency (first move)

Thrustmaster T500RS (tested at 900 deg, 1080 deg total)

120 hz update rate (8ms delay)

20-23 ms latency (first move)

Logitec DFP (Driving Force Pro) (900 deg)

28 ms latency (first move)

Red Momo (240 deg)

44 ms latency (first move)

Black Momo (240 deg)

35 ms latency (first move)

Saitek R660 GT (180 deg)

Sidewinder 2 joystick

34-37 ms latency

8 ms update rate

Logitec Force 3D joystick

34 ms latency (67 & 74 with wind up at end of travel)

8 ms update rate

Thrustmaster F430 (270 deg)

60 hz update rate (16 ms delay)

38 ms latency (first move)

ECCI 7000 (900 deg ?)

60 hz update rate (16 ms delay)

43 ms latency (first move)

Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel USB (red) (240 deg)

60 hz update rate (14-16ms delay)

***Driver takes 8-16ms just to return from a call to getPosition and setForce

Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT) (900 deg)

17 ms latency (first move)

VPP

56 ms latency

8ms update rate (driver takes 24 ms after update!)

calls to getPosition take 8-16 ms to return and up to 56 ms when applying a force!

Frex

44 ms latency

16 ms update rate

Big thanks to Mark Carpenter for the info!

TheMarshal
12-04-2018, 07:17
Sorry to bump this, but I found this update rate thing particularly interesting. Hopefully some developer or FFB specialist could help me.

1) I have a Simucube OSW and ( in contrast to what Burningstar1983 is saying above) and I thought a high as possible update rate should be used, correct? As that would give the highest possible FFB update rate.

I have my OSW registered in game as a "Custom" wheel.

2) What is the default update frequency for the Custom profile?
3) What is the highest possible update rate of the game?
4) Is the FFB in any way related or limited to the FPS in the game? Its a real question, as people in Assetto Corsa complain about worse FFB when FPS drops.

5) With the OSW that I use, on every profile (raw, immersive, jack spades, etc) I experience a vibration of about 20 Hz in the wheel in very specific situations. Namely: when steering in high downforce/high tire compression situations.
Examples are:
GT3 cars in the bottom of eau rouge steering uphill again and LMP1 cars in long fast corners. What causes this? Since it only occurs when the tires are highly stressed, I hypothesize it is the tire model that models: losing grip-->catching grip again--> losing grip again--> catching grip again. And that at a rate of about 20 Hz.
Is this correct or am I feeling something different?

Thanks!

pferreirag60
13-04-2018, 16:13
2) don´t know
3) 600hz
4) don´t know, but as my minimum and max FPS are always 60, I really can´t answer that.
5) with my wheel i can feel pretty good the lost of grip but only when using the jack spade files with the following settings: 100:50-80:0:20, when i loose traction, the wheel just loose all the FFB.

50-80= just to have a stronger FFB in some cars.

TheMarshal
20-04-2018, 10:59
Thanks for your reply, it helps me understand the FFB a little more.

5) with my wheel i can feel pretty good the lost of grip but only when using the jack spade files with the following settings: 100:50-80:0:20, when i loose traction, the wheel just loose all the FFB.

What wheel are you using? For me the point isnt really if other people experience the same. I can also feel understeer quite well. But rather I wanted to know if the vibration is the actual tire model simulating grip-loss and regaining grip, or that it is some random noise caused by whatever not-real effect.

OlivierMDVY
07-05-2018, 07:20
Is there a way to save for each car the FFB settings? Thanks

poirqc
09-06-2018, 19:30
Is there a way to save for each car the FFB settings? Thanks

Nope. Not in the FFB menu per se.

But I'll share how I do it. There's 3 things that affect the FFB in a somewhat standard way*:

Caster
Steering Ratio
Camber

I view them that way:

RAG/RAB
Deadzone removal range
Volume(Tire Force)

Lower caster if you're clipping under load in a curve.
Lower steering ratio if you have an FFB deadzone near TDC.
Move camber a bit up or down depending on how much wheel weight you want.

Of course, other garage settings affect the FFB. But personally, I think those 3 have the most direct effect on the FFB, without disturbing the performance of your setup too much. The only one you might not be able to move as much as you want is Camber. Depending on the track, it may be difficult to move them much. At the same time, you don't need to change it much to get the desired FFB effect.

Hope this helps.

Kuokkanen
01-07-2018, 20:22
Kart 100CC 2011 has blank fields. Any particular reason for that? What settings should I have for it?

Paulo Ribeiro
25-07-2018, 14:59
I gave up. Just stopped playing Pcars2 since last year due the wheel settings.
It's just unplayable for me. Even with JackSpades files. Wheel behaves really bad while turning (slow or fast corners). Can't do 3 laps without spinning the car.
When start to turn wheel for cornering, it seems the response is not enough.
Therefore I turn a bit more the wheel, but then it turns too much.

What is weird, is that it became worst to set and play since day 1.
Mainly playing Assetto and RaceRoom Experience now, where settings with G27 are perfect.
I will beg for a last help tho concerning PCars2 G27 wheel settings (lets forget JSpades files, please),
I believe there is someone out there without it. playing well enough.
So, please, I beg for a last help.

Cheers,
Paulo

poirqc
25-07-2018, 15:17
I gave up. Just stopped playing Pcars2 since last year due the wheel settings.
It's just unplayable for me. Even with JackSpades files. Wheel behaves really bad while turning (slow or fast corners). Can't do 3 laps without spinning the car.
When start to turn wheel for cornering, it seems the response is not enough.
Therefore I turn a bit more the wheel, but then it turns too much.

What is weird, is that it became worst to set and play since day 1.
Mainly playing Assetto and RaceRoom Experience now, where settings with G27 are perfect.
I will beg for a last help tho concerning PCars2 G27 wheel settings (lets forget JSpades files, please),
I believe there is someone out there without it. playing well enough.
So, please, I beg for a last help.

Cheers,
Paulo

Look at my post above. It should cover most situations. Set the drivers at 100%, turn the 3 sliders below to 0 % and tick the 'game control the FFB' last checkbox. pCars 2 FFB settings are in my signature.

Most cars will drive well. For those that tend to clip\saturate, lower Caster angle(in the garage) until the wheel is living again.

If you feel the FFB is a little loose, around Top Dead Center, lower Steering Ratio by a click or 2 in the garage. Here, it should be informative quick enough while not too sensitive either.

Paulo Ribeiro
26-07-2018, 10:05
Look at my post above. It should cover most situations. Set the drivers at 100%, turn the 3 sliders below to 0 % and tick the 'game control the FFB' last checkbox. pCars 2 FFB settings are in my signature.

Most cars will drive well. For those that tend to clip\saturate, lower Caster angle(in the garage) until the wheel is living again.

If you feel the FFB is a little loose, around Top Dead Center, lower Steering Ratio by a click or 2 in the garage. Here, it should be informative quick enough while not too sensitive either.

Thank you for your quick reply.

You might made me to get back to PCars2. Just made my wheel settings as you have in your signature and it improved a lot! Lowered the steering ratio aswell.

Thank you Sir, for your help. :)

Cheers,
Paulo

Alex_76
25-08-2018, 13:36
Is there any way to get more, or any, feeling from the front of the car under braking and corner entry?

If find that the FFB is very informative of what the rear is doing on corner exit and weight transfer going over crests and dips, but no sense of weight transfer under braking. The steering should tighten as the load transfers to the front wheels, but I feel none of that, it just feels dead under braking.

I have a T300 and have tried every custom config going, I'm currently using the standard custom config (Raw) - Volume 50(or lower if clipping), Tone 75, FX 20 with deadzone removal as per Rantam's custom config. Nothing I've tried seems to give any feeling of weight transfer under braking. Are there any specific custom config settings that could help to get that feeling of the weight transferring to the front wheels?

ShneebnaMRR108
09-12-2018, 17:17
Is there any way to get more, or any, feeling from the front of the car under braking and corner entry?

If find that the FFB is very informative of what the rear is doing on corner exit and weight transfer going over crests and dips, but no sense of weight transfer under braking. The steering should tighten as the load transfers to the front wheels, but I feel none of that, it just feels dead under braking.

I have a T300 and have tried every custom config going, I'm currently using the standard custom config (Raw) - Volume 50(or lower if clipping), Tone 75, FX 20 with deadzone removal as per Rantam's custom config. Nothing I've tried seems to give any feeling of weight transfer under braking. Are there any specific custom config settings that could help to get that feeling of the weight transferring to the front wheels?

You can try adjusting the Tone in increments of 10 to the left until you get the feelings you want. And then you may have to re-adjust the other values also. This will change per car and track.

Maximo_E30
22-01-2019, 19:54
Hello everybody,

I am having a question concerning the force feedback bars at the BEGINNING of the race:

If I start the race (in this case in Spa) I can observe an odd behaviour of the game with my whee (Fanatec CSL ELITE PS4). If i observe the FFB bars, right after the beginning of the rolling start a star appears besides the FX-number above the clipping bar. The wheel feels totally locked in and strange. The behaviour of the wheel and the star remains until turn 7 and 8 mostly, then it disappears and the wheel feels totally fine. It is as if the FFB-Software is trying to adapt to my driving style. Actually that is pretty annoying, since this behaviour has totally killed a couple of my races.

I hope somebody can help me out on that issue, I can't seem to find anything about it online!

Thank you everybody! :)

(I'm new to the forum, so in case this topic is well known feel free to send me the link and I won't ask no further :P . Thank you! :) )