PDA

View Full Version : When will the Digital Pre-Order download be available?

Chap904
20-09-2017, 18:37
I was expecting the download to be up on Tuesday and now it's Wednesday and I still don't see it popping up.

Bealdor
20-09-2017, 19:01
Preload in the US will be available at midnight local time.

jimortality
20-09-2017, 19:26
I was reading metacritic and the it states the pc version is released a day before console so that would be midnight 01 uk time tonight/tomorrow, can anyone confirm this?

Shiftdel
20-09-2017, 20:08
Downloading at the moment. 35 gig

jimortality
20-09-2017, 20:15
I'm at work all night you bastards lol stop download now and wait for me ;)

Trans-Girl
20-09-2017, 21:00

Lunar_Twisted
20-09-2017, 21:37
I can't seem to download the game. Every time I click on download, it brings me to psn store for two seconds before sending me back to my library.

Crazyglues
20-09-2017, 22:31
Yeah same here ---> I can't seem to download the game. Every time I click on download, it brings me to psn store for two seconds before sending me back to my library.

Also I wanted to upgrade to the Digital deluxe, but it won't let you, I can upgrade every other game fine, like Call of duty WW2 no problem add 40 bucks... so I called Sony they said it's on the developers end, same thing they told me about why it's not downloading it's up to the developer... Makes no sense but whatever at this point I just want to download the game I paid for....? Your suppose to be able to download 2 days before release on PSN... today is wed. game comes out Thurs. night Friday morning 12am...?? what the hell, why is it not able to pre-download like every other game.

Roger Prynne
20-09-2017, 22:36
See post #2

Crazyglues
20-09-2017, 22:46
ok thanks roger Prynne, and what about the reason why it won't let you upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version...? -On PSN store?

Not being a smarty pants, really would like to know why that's not working? Saw the good reviews on IGN so i decided to upgrade to the digital deluxe... but it's not working? it's asking for $89 dollars the full price of the deluxe game instead of the difference of 25 bucks...???

Roger Prynne
20-09-2017, 22:49
^ No idea mate as I don't know anything about PSN.

Somebody else will probably chime in soon.

By the way, can you change your platform to PS4 please.

Chap904
21-09-2017, 00:16
I can't seem to download the game. Every time I click on download, it brings me to psn store for two seconds before sending me back to my library.

Yea this is the issue im having.

killergnildir
21-09-2017, 08:25
I am also having the same issue as above.

Siberian Tiger
21-09-2017, 08:27
It seems that the Unlock for USA Region still has some Problems... But the DEVS are Aware of it...

Titzon Toast
21-09-2017, 09:53
Just got my pre-order in now. Hitting the track in 13 hours and 10 minutes.
I'm going to bed for the rest of the day!

xtro
21-09-2017, 12:34
Pre-Order Still not downloading on the US PSN (west coast)... "Download Error" without further information. Hope this is sorted out in the next 14 hours.

Siberian Tiger
21-09-2017, 14:03
Well, it's not that easy... There are 3 Parties involved in this (SMS/BandaiNamco/Sony/MS) so it does take a Little longer to resolve such Things...

GenBrien
21-09-2017, 14:30
I read somewhere that the release is worldwide @noon BST.
Is this only for Steam or for all 3 Platforms?
So will I be able to play at 7pm EDT on PS4?

Chap904
21-09-2017, 15:18
This is shitty, I am having surgery Friday morning. So all I wanted was to play this game for a few hours when it got released at midnight.

xtro
21-09-2017, 15:39
I can understand things like that can be complex to solve. But from my pov it doesn't matter.come midnight if this does not start downloading I'm gonna lose my shit and start crying lol

MillsyTV
21-09-2017, 15:40
Okay so I am not the only one having this problem.
Hit "Download" PS Store for like 2-3 seconds and then im thrown back out again.
Stressful since i wanted to Stream the Release but sometimes these things happen.
Just happy to know this is actually a known problem and I am not solo on this.

LukeSkycocker
21-09-2017, 17:00
I'm having the same issue. Was hoping to play this at midnight!

JonnyMoondog
21-09-2017, 17:42
Well this is an inauspicious start for Project Cars 2, hopefully not a sign of things to come. I did have a hard copy ordered, but cancelled it so that I could play at midnight of the 22nd. Patience is a virtue. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to sort this out.

Sir Green Day
21-09-2017, 17:42
A bunch of folks are having this issue.

We can't DL the game.

When you press the DOWNLOAD link, the screen just flashes and goes back to the DL screen.

The theme downloaded just fine.

Mahjik
21-09-2017, 18:25
A bunch of folks are having this issue.

We can't DL the game.

When you press the DOWNLOAD link, the screen just flashes and goes back to the DL screen.

The theme downloaded just fine.

See post #14 in this thread...

Bdawg111
21-09-2017, 20:45
Still nothing on mine (PS4 east coast) starting to get nervous.

Shogun613
21-09-2017, 20:57
According to the PCars Twitter, preloading for PS4 is delayed to 5AM BST, which is basically 12AM EST, so no preload.

xtro
21-09-2017, 21:50
According to the PCars Twitter, preloading for PS4 is delayed to 5AM BST, which is basically 12AM EST, so no preload.

Yeah yeah they tricked us like that yesterday already with the midnight thing.

Crazyglues
21-09-2017, 22:14
Yeah yeah they tricked us like that yesterday already with the midnight thing.

Exactly, I've heard this before.. if they can fix it by 5AM BST, 12AM EST they can fix it right now... so this is complete B.S. _And what I really hate is it's on both ends, Sony says no it's the developers fault, (but they could have just refunded my money right then, yesterday) then the developers come out and say oh no it's out of our control... Right..., it's now just some no name persons fault and no-one is to blame... good to know

Just know that come Friday morning when this won't download, I will be Asking Sony for a full Refund, I suggest you guys do the same... and I don't want to hear sh*t Sony will have to say about it, and then I'm done with project cars 2 I don't care if it's awesome or garbage, I will put that money on GT Sport and forget I ever knew this game was coming out...

GenBrien
21-09-2017, 22:18
K bye....

HLR Ghosty
21-09-2017, 22:23
Exactly, I've heard this before.. if they can fix it by 5AM BST, 12AM EST they can fix it right now... so this is complete B.S. _And what I really hate is it's on both ends, Sony says no it's the developers fault, (but they could have just refunded my money right then, yesterday) then the developers come out and say oh no it's out of our control... Right..., it's now just some no name persons fault and no-one is to blame... good to know

Just know that come Friday morning when this won't download, I will be Asking Sony for a full Refund, I suggest you guys do the same... and I don't want to hear sh*t Sony will have to say about it, and then I'm done with project cars 2 I don't care if it's awesome or garbage, I will put that money on GT Sport and forget I ever knew this game was coming out...

In all fairness its a Sony problem if its happening on their store for their console and there isn't anything SMS can do about that, the same thing happened when watchdogs 1 released.

Roger Prynne
21-09-2017, 22:24

That's Crazy glues!

JoshTheGeologist
21-09-2017, 22:37
Contacted PS store support, they seem to be oblivious to the issue...

cmch15
21-09-2017, 22:55
...and then I'm done with project cars 2 I don't care if it's awesome or garbage, I will put that money on GT Sport and forget I ever knew this game was coming out...

First world problems eh.... 😊

Shogun613
21-09-2017, 22:58
First world problems eh.... 😊

True dat.

Crazyglues
21-09-2017, 22:58
Forget I said anything. -_- Nothing to see here... Moving on

Crazyglues
22-09-2017, 00:12
Yeah I guess it sounds crazy, but I'm not mad at the developers or the game, I'm just pissed at the way Sony handled it, could have been nice and smooth, just gave me my money back I would have ordered it on amazon and got it on time..

But for better or worst I'm stuck with it from PSN, hoping this all works out, but at this point I don't have much faith.. fingers crossed thou..

Sorry for the rant, I guess stuff happens what can you do.

xtro
22-09-2017, 01:06
Man... Crazyglues don't worry the dl will work just fine in 3 hrs

xtro
22-09-2017, 01:57
Since I've been one of the "complainers" I'm happy to give you the good news... PSN US pre-load are now working !! download started. Enjoy everyone :D

SnowLeopard
22-09-2017, 02:11
Sony live support chat says the problems are with the Bandai Namco servers and its being worked on.
Not impressed.

edit: my download still has not started. still giving same error and behaviour as the last 5 hours or more.

edit2: enough got downloaded to be launchable at midnight.

AaronWebb85
22-09-2017, 03:10
Working now!

Lunar_Twisted
22-09-2017, 04:04
It should be working now because I just started downloading it.

Chap904
22-09-2017, 04:09
Whats F'ing sad is my pre-install for FIFA 18 started working before PC2, FIFA 18 doesnt release til next Friday lol.

GenBrien
22-09-2017, 11:32
well I'm lucky I didnt take a day off today.
woke up this morning at 6h AM EST
start the PS4 to test it a bit before going to work

SURPRISE!
the game didnt download at all (even with the auto download thick)
started it
says it'll take 9hours....
its downloading at about 2-3mb/sec (I have 1gb/sec, network test shows me 550mb/s on download)

1st and last time I preorder a game on the PS Store
Should be able to play in 12 hours, cant wait!

Crazyglues
22-09-2017, 12:15
its downloading at about 2-3mb/sec (I have 1gb/sec, network test shows me 550mb/s on download)

1st and last time I preorder a game on the PS Store
Should be able to play in 12 hours, cant wait!

Yeah was having this problem too, also have a 1gb/sec connection and it was going slow as hell, but I paused it waited , then restarted it, a couple times till finally it was coming in fast.. you gotta watch it though because it will dip back down.

So you might want to try that, anyway game is done downloading took about a little under 25 mins..

GenBrien
22-09-2017, 12:34
So you might want to try that, anyway game is done downloading took about a little under 25 mins..

well I'm at work for the next 11 hours, so it SHOULD be ready when I'm back home
better be! *raises fist*

SnowLeopard
22-09-2017, 16:21
says it'll take 9hours....

I have that problem with any download, but by using CCProxy (not allowed to provide link) on my PC and setting the PS4 to use it as proxy (in network settings), the download speeds become respectable and time drops from 8-12 hours to under 2 hours.