PDA

View Full Version : How high can we expect thermal temperatures to be on gaming laptops with this game?

ZephyrSonic
20-09-2017, 22:35
I have a Cyberpower PC Vector II series with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 and 16 GB of Ram. I ask how high we can expect temps to be with this game in laptops because the first Project Cars for some reason on the highest settings my laptop normally runs about 45-50c while browsing which is exactly what my gaming desktop did. When playing Project Cars on my desktop which the processor was an i7-3960X the highest temp it got to playing the game was about 77C with a liquid cooling setup. Now I can't play on my desktop at the moment since it needs work done but my Gaming Laptop that I have when I run the 1st Project Cars on the highest settings like almost immediately from starting a time trial my temps end up going stable around 93-94c according to my Intel Extreme Tuning Utility even with my laptop fan on high and my laptop cooler pad underneath. I would assume since Project Cars 2 has a higher spec requirements that it would make my laptop run even hotter and possibly shut down from overheating. I know laptops have to dissipate more heat and no it doesn't have any dust or anything I've checked and maybe it's because when I got it earlier this year they just put a stock thermal paste on it and I need to get a better one but with my fan on high and a cooling pad underneath you'd think 93-94c would be too much and at 97c is the most my processor could handle before it could start to throttle.

Thoughts?

snipeme77
20-09-2017, 23:43
Shooting out Flames like a jet afterburner

Siberian Tiger
21-09-2017, 17:18
It's for sure a good Idea to keep Track of the Temperatures...
But since every Setup is different it would need a Crytsal Ball to make assumptions...

ZephyrSonic
21-09-2017, 23:20
It's for sure a good Idea to keep Track of the Temperatures...
But since every Setup is different it would need a Crytsal Ball to make assumptions...

Just put everything on Ultra and for some reason it actually runs cooler with Project Cars 2 then the first one. I put everything on Ultra and so far I haven't went over 75c and I've been getting the 60fps. That's really weird how this one is performing better when I expected it to push my laptop even harder for such a higher requirement spec then the first game.

Aldo Zampatti
21-09-2017, 23:44
Very high.. On all my three laptops temperatures are the following:

Super high on the MSI
Very high on the ASUS.
ArchiHIGH on my Dell....

I would recommend a laptop cooler. I have one with 2 80mm coolers that effectively makes my Dell perform considerably faster and more stable

Aldo Zampatti
21-09-2017, 23:45
Just put everything on Ultra and for some reason it actually runs cooler with Project Cars 2 then the first one. I put everything on Ultra and so far I haven't went over 75c and I've been getting the 60fps. That's really weird how this one is performing better when I expected it to push my laptop even harder for such a higher requirement spec then the first game.

Out of curiosity, what's your hardware?

ZephyrSonic
22-09-2017, 00:24
Out of curiosity, what's your hardware?
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Windows 10
Nvidia Geforce GTX1060
16GB Ram

And my fan speed on my laptop is on high and this is the cooler I use underneath but I feel maybe the cooler I'm using is underpowered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0713PHFRW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 00:33
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Windows 10
Nvidia Geforce GTX1060
16GB Ram

And my fan speed on my laptop is on high and this is the cooler I use underneath but I feel maybe the cooler I'm using is underpowered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0713PHFRW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What brand is the laptop? Hopefully not a DELL ....
Anyway, I would suggest using -fpscap command at ~60 so your GPU is not over rendering something is not needed. Limiting you will save power and reduce heat

EHM
22-09-2017, 00:35
Your laptop will be a gaming omelette.

ZephyrSonic
22-09-2017, 00:43
What brand is the laptop? Hopefully not a DELL ....
Anyway, I would suggest using -fpscap command at ~60 so your GPU is not over rendering something is not needed. Limiting you will save power and reduce heat

Actually it's a CyberPowerPC Vector II Gaming Laptop found here

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/page/Vector-2/