PDA

View Full Version : Question about the handling

Bwacynic
21-09-2017, 19:46
Hi everyone

My girlfriend and me both got PC2. I use a wheel (t300rs) and she uses a controller. But we both have the same problem. Every single car spins out or doesnt steer well into a corner. I've tried different settings, but not really helping. Also if you use to racelines, they change colour. Does blue mean you are going to slow? Because I spin out even when its blue or green:s

Oh and karting is a mess on the game, can barely take any corner.

Any suggestions? We really loved the first game so hoping anyone has good settings.

thx :)

Kinna39
21-09-2017, 21:40
Played about an hour last night with a controller and had a lot of issues as well (I was running authentic assists so most of the cars I tried didn't have TCS I think).

I found changing steering sensitivity down to about 10 and the damping up to around 90 or so really helped. Will take more practice though and some tweaking :)

Siberian Tiger
21-09-2017, 21:44
Also there are NEW Setups for every Car on the Way for Gamepad Users ;)

Stable -> Gamepad
Loose -> Wheel
and some OEM Setups will hit the Consoles with the next Patch. (Date TBA)

Also try to use the Assists that are available to help... You can turn them off later when you have more experience...

And last but not least... Take it easy and slow for the beginning, then go faster if you feel comfortable...

And be sure that the Wheel is correctly set-up and you did the calibration... Because with the Wheel you should be able to Controll the Car a bit smoother than with the Gamepad.

Kinna39
21-09-2017, 21:49
But I wanna go fast nowwwwwwwwww :)

Are the stable/loose settings in there now or is that coming in a patch? It was late and I didn't have much time to go through the setup menus.

Bealdor
21-09-2017, 21:52
Coming in the next patch.

Kinna39
21-09-2017, 21:53
Great thanks

darkstar815
22-09-2017, 09:28
Played about an hour last night with a controller and had a lot of issues as well (I was running authentic assists so most of the cars I tried didn't have TCS I think).

I found changing steering sensitivity down to about 10 and the damping up to around 90 or so really helped. Will take more practice though and some tweaking :)

Ive had a few problems using the controller. I am going to try these settings and see if this helps to improve it

danowat
22-09-2017, 10:04
Are you using authentic assists? (if not why not), also, the default pad settings are far from optimal, reduce brake sens, and reduce speed sens, for starters.

Madmazz116
22-09-2017, 10:07
Are you using authentic assists? (if not why not), also, the default pad settings are far from optimal, reduce brake sens, and reduce speed sens, for starters.

Why do devs do that , why make it harder for players to get the right settings?....I never understand that.

danowat
22-09-2017, 10:09
Why do devs do that , why make it harder for players to get the right settings?....I never understand that.

It's not PC1 levels of ridiculousness, at least the default settings are driveable this time round, but it boggles my mind how they can't get it 'right'

darkstar815
22-09-2017, 10:12

I have tried with full assists and authentic i will alter the settings when i'm back home and see if i can get it a bit more to my liking.

Even though i was having issues i am still enjoying the game allot just not able to get into a rhythm

danowat
22-09-2017, 10:13
I have tried with full assists and authentic i will alter the settings when i'm back home and see if i can get it a bit more to my liking.

Even though i was having issues i am still enjoying the game allot just not able to get into a rhythm

It's possible, heck, it was possible to get working settings with PC1, you just need to tweak the settings to find something that works for you.

darkstar815
22-09-2017, 21:43
Well I have made some changes and the handling is now allot better

Kaliber
22-09-2017, 22:41
One thing I noticed is the braking is much different from car to car this time around. In PC1 alot of cars seemed to brake sort of the same. There was not a whole lot of finesse to it really. but in PC2 you really have to learn how much pressure to apply and when for each car. For example you seem to be able to pretty much stand on the breaks of the Vulcan without locking them up while doing the same on the LaFerrari will cause all kinds of problems. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but it wasnt like that in PC1.

That was the "eureka" moment for me. Once I figured that out the game became brilliant and way more fun.