PDA

View Full Version : [resolved]xbox 1 controller not working

aszrael1266
21-09-2017, 23:05
Is anyone else having issues using an xbox one controller? I went into settings and all the settings are defaulted and show left thumb stick for steering and triggers for gas and brake but when I play the game the only thing that works is gas, brake, and the Y button. Nothing else works. I closed the game and started overwatch and the controller worked fine. I also opened ghost recon wildlands and the controller worked fine again. I reopen project cars and the same thing nothing works. Even in the main menu when it says to use the bumpers to navigate menus it doesn't work. In the main menu I can only use the right analog stick to move a cursor and that's it.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Aldo Zampatti
21-09-2017, 23:08
Try going into controllers, select keboard, go back to main menu (so the game can save your setting) and get back to the controllers to select the proper XBX input and try again... Is a way to "reset" the iniput method.

aszrael1266
21-09-2017, 23:16
I just tried that and I got the message about would I like to overwrite the controls.
I chose yes then backed out went back in and picked Xbox 1 control and it still wouldn't work.

Morgan Henstridge
21-09-2017, 23:31
Is the Xbox controller detected and functioning as expected in the Windows "USB / Game Controllers" section??

Aldo Zampatti
21-09-2017, 23:34
I just tried that and I got the message about would I like to overwrite the controls.
I chose yes then backed out went back in and picked Xbox 1 control and it still wouldn't work.

I don't have a XBX control to try, but I'll msgs one of the members that have to chime in.

aszrael1266
21-09-2017, 23:36
Is the Xbox controller detected and functioning as expected in the Windows "USB / Game Controllers" section??

the PC reads and sees the controller. I just used it in 3 different games and it work perfectly. The controller is plugged directly into the PC not a usb hub or anything.

Mad Al
21-09-2017, 23:40
last time I check with the one controller (connected via USB) it was fine, but that was a few months back (I prefer the 360 controller) - and I won't be firing the game up to play it for several hours...

One question.. is this Steam being a pain in the arse and getting in the way.
Have a look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options (if I recall correctly)

aszrael1266
21-09-2017, 23:52
last time I check with the one controller (connected via USB) it was fine, but that was a few months back (I prefer the 360 controller) - and I won't be firing the game up to play it for several hours...

One question.. is this Steam being a pain in the arse and getting in the way.
Have a look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options (if I recall correctly)

Yup you are right

It turns out it was steam's controller settings were out of whack. I put them to default and launched the game and it worked.
The other games I tried were non steam games.
Thanks for the quick responses and reply.

Mad Al
21-09-2017, 23:55
Yup you are right

It turns out it was steam's controller settings were out of whack. I put them to default and launched the game and it worked.
The other games I tried were non steam games.
Thanks for the quick responses and reply.

no problem..

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 01:25
this was also affecting the T100 wheel and is now resolved from another thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51409-T100-PC-Compatibility), so it may affect any devices having issues, not just the Game Pad.

OddTimer
22-09-2017, 09:31
Still on the Xbox controller...vibration works when shifting, braking, accelarating and riding curbs, but I am not getting any vibration when I move the left stick (driving stick), not on straights, no around corners either. High speed corners feel really bizarre without any vibration. Is this the way it is supposed to work or am I missing something? Thanks!

O-NO
22-09-2017, 23:16
I'm getting very little vibration on my Xbox controller.

simchars1968
23-09-2017, 14:16
I also have no vibration with XBox 360 controller.

Trux74
26-09-2017, 07:44
Problem also with lack of Vibration/FFB on Xboxone controller (PC)
its slightly improved after pressing num pad 6 and num pad 3 on keyboard but its still way too low with very little in the way of useful feedback for the player when under-steering or over-steering and also turning vibration up to 100 in game doesn't help.

O-NO
29-09-2017, 16:18
Will the vibration be improved?

Schumi-
30-09-2017, 15:59
Means as this is a sticky, could the mods ask the development team, if there is a problem with the vibration / rumble with the xbox controller on Pc, as others have mentiond in the forums, there is no feedback to the controller when turning or going over bumps, just seems rather flat.

Thanks

O-NO
01-10-2017, 09:06
Apologies if I've missed any acknowledgement about the vibration but is it something that will be looked at?

Trux74
02-10-2017, 16:36
So- regarding the lack of vibration issue I sent a pm to a mod and received this response.

The vibration issue on XBX controller is being investigated internally, not sure about the status of it because is something that affects a portion of users and not everyone

Aldo Zampatti
02-10-2017, 16:57
So- regarding the lack of vibration issue I sent a pm to a mod and received this response.

That was me and yes it's in the list.

Schumi-
02-10-2017, 17:12

Thanks Aldo, it is very much appreciated.

OddTimer
12-10-2017, 09:04
Vibration is still really weak after 2.0 and non existent when steering at all.

Schumi-
12-10-2017, 10:10
Vibration is still really weak after 2.0 and non existent when steering at all.

Agreed, its not a game breaker by all means but it is a tad annoying , really do need feedback from tracks and steering.

Possibly there wasn't enough time to include an update in the latest patch, fingers crossed for the next update.

O-NO
12-10-2017, 15:50
Diissapointingly same here and hoping something can be sorted soon.

Schumi-
13-10-2017, 16:53
Right Ok, just fired up Pcars 1 and the rumble / vibration is in a different league to Pcars 2, the differnece is totally noticeable, something is definetly wrong with the vibrtation / rumble feedback in Pcars 2, hope the developers fire up Pcars 1 and feel the differnce between the two.

Thanks

O-NO
13-10-2017, 20:29
Yes I often go back to PC1 to feel how good the rumble feels.

You only have to put the controller on the desk....drive into something and compare how poor the rumble is in PC2 compared to PC1.

OddTimer
13-10-2017, 21:38
yeah, the other day I went back to PC1 on the xbox one and what a difference!! I think the best rumble is Automobilista. They updated the game in September and there is 3 presets for rumble, it is excellent, better the PC1 as well. SMS should have a look at AMS for 'inspiration'!

Trnes
15-10-2017, 18:59
I do not understand that we have these problems, A game must have a minimum of test before putting it on sale.

O-NO
17-10-2017, 12:18
Has it been confirmed this is being looked into? Or is it something that can't be patched. As stated above the rumble in PC1 is so much better.

Trux74
18-10-2017, 07:28
Has anyone got good pcars 1 controller settings please. I just cant play 2 after playing F1 2017 which has excellent controller support.

O-NO
19-10-2017, 09:06
243219:):):)

OddTimer
19-10-2017, 10:15
243219:):):)

lol made me laugh...totally agree!

O-NO
20-10-2017, 10:17
Well I've just purchased an Xbox One controller to see if there was any improvement over my 360 controller.

Both controllers rumble under braking and gear change.....I feel as though the 360 maybe a little stronger.

With the Xbox One there now is some slight rumble over rumble strips and when off track. On the 360 I couldn't even feel any rumble strips or when I was slightly on the grass (car would bounce but no rumble).

There is on occassion with the 'One' a constant rumble on the track but not always in the same place. Unfortunately this does not increase when running over a rumble strip or on the grass so again no feedback from the tyres as to where you are.

So there is some improvement with the 'One' but hopefully whoever is in charge of the rumble knob at SMS will turn it up a couple of notches when they get time ;)

O-NO
29-10-2017, 08:37

Apologies to ask again about the lack of vibration using the Xbox controller but other than the reply from Aldo we have had no further response (unless I've mised it) which has also being asked about in the 'General Forum'.

Aldo when you say it's been experienced by some users and not others, do you know if the Xbox users are OK and it's when the controller is used on a PC?

Thanks in advance for any information.

13Snoopy13
03-11-2017, 08:19
Hi guys, I am having a similar but peculiarly different XB1 gamepad issue in PC2 on my PC. Since the last game update my gamepad randomly stops working when I enter the online lobbies section. At first it happened infrequently but it has now become unplayable. The controller will work in and beyond the lobby now only once every 10+ attempts. Each time I have to reboot the PC2 in order to get it working again as it continues to be deactivated even when exiting the online lobbies.

Now I have tried absolutely everything suggested but still no solution. I have combed all the forums and looks like thus far no one else has this issue. Hardware is good with no issues in other games.

Additionally another quirk that happened after the 1.2 patch was the random scrambling of my transmission settings going from auto to manual when entering a session.

If anyone can help solve this I would be extremely grateful as I am getting increasingly frustrated with not being able to play. Note also, it ONLY happens when attempting to go into the online multiplayer content.

O-NO
05-11-2017, 10:21
So still all quite re the rumble requests :)

Well I did a bit of tinkering using the Steam control settings and have got a little more rumble using that.

OddTimer
08-11-2017, 14:55
I am playing Pcars 2 on the Xbox One X now. Rumble is great now, including the triggers. Hopefully SMS can implement the same for the Xbox controller on the PC, good luck guys!

O-NO
08-11-2017, 17:10
That's good to know OddTimer :)

I'm begining to wonder if I will feel any improvement on PC though.

OddTimer
13-11-2017, 12:21
That's good to know OddTimer :)

I'm begining to wonder if I will feel any improvement on PC though.

3.0 must be just around the corner, fingers crossed!

O-NO
13-11-2017, 14:36
3.0 must be just around the corner, fingers crossed!

Yes fingers crossed :) although there's been no response to further requests as to if this is being looked into.

Trux74
13-11-2017, 17:29
Hopefully it’s fixed in the next patch.

UKpitbull
22-11-2017, 19:17
I found this via Steam community.
In theory it looks awesome,in reality it aint working on my Rig.I have followed it down to every detail but when I launch game I have zero pad input.
If anybody figures this Id be very thankful to know how its done,it could be the ideal answer for controller/pad user's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6VU1CjIuU

Mad Al
22-11-2017, 19:51
I found this via Steam community.
In theory it looks awesome,in reality it aint working on my Rig.I have followed it down to every detail but when I launch game I have zero pad input.
If anybody figures this Id be very thankful to know how its done,it could be the ideal answer for controller/pad user's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6VU1CjIuU

See post 7. in this thread

deselected all controllers in options, do not add them, even for big picture mode (xbox controller work fine in both big picture mode and in game without being in the Steam controllers setting)

UKpitbull
22-11-2017, 20:13
Im aware of this pal,but looking at the video of his settings via Steam we have more throttle/brake and steering response with them settings.
Im currently chatting to the lad who posted it and we are trying to resolve it.
If we just leave it as it is all works fine,but if this Steam carry on works all 'could' be sweet..

Trnes
28-11-2017, 18:54
Does the control vibrate? Xbox 360.
It works on the XBOX One controller.
If active by steam works, but only the crosshead rotation works.
Thx

O-NO
28-11-2017, 19:24
No improvement for me re the rumble / vibration on a Xbox One pad unfortunately.

Trnes
28-11-2017, 20:02
Patch 3.0
Controllers

Logitech - Fix for G29 and G920 lock stops.
Fanatec - improved anti-jolt and high-frequency anti-vibe on the CSWB series.
Thrustmaster - Improvements for the 458 Italia.
Improvements to various controller’s vibration effects.:confused:

O-NO
29-11-2017, 10:18
Patch 3.0
Controllers

Logitech - Fix for G29 and G920 lock stops.
Fanatec - improved anti-jolt and high-frequency anti-vibe on the CSWB series.
Thrustmaster - Improvements for the 458 Italia.
Improvements to various controllerís vibration effects.:confused:

Yes when I read that in the patch notes I was hoping for an improvement re the rumble / vibration but was left disappointed.

Sankyo
29-11-2017, 10:19
Yes when I read that in the patch notes I was hoping for an improvement re the rumble / vibration but was left disappointed.

Did you delete your controller save file after the patch?

O-NO
29-11-2017, 10:30
Did you delete your controller save file after the patch?

Appreciate the quick reply Remco Van Dijk.

Yes it was the first thing I did.

PCars1 has excellent rumble / vibration.
I have tried the demo on my PS4 and again it has strong rumble / vibration.
Unfortunately it's very weak on PCars2.

Not sure what else I can try.

Trnes
29-11-2017, 10:38
I exactly think the same. I did all the tests, it shows when changing gears, in collisions, but off-piste nothing. Neither edges of the tracks either.
PCARS 1 in PC is spectacular all the sensations that it transmits

O-NO
29-11-2017, 10:43
I exactly think the same. I did all the tests, it shows when changing gears, in collisions, but off-piste nothing. Neither edges of the tracks either.
PCARS 1 in PC is spectacular all the sensations that it transmits

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one.

Trnes
29-11-2017, 12:37
Personally, it did not come to understand, that we are still like this and not being able to enjoy playing with the controller. After two updates.

O-NO
29-11-2017, 12:44
Personally, it did not come to understand, that we are still like this and not being able to enjoy playing with the controller. After two updates.

I think we maybe in the minority (PC Gamepad users). Gamepad users on Xbox and PS4 may have a good feel. I know the demo did when I tried it on my PS4.

Schumi-
29-11-2017, 12:51
Yes same here, rumble/vibration is there, but not much of it to be honest, like my fellow gamers have said, pcars 1 was brilliant with the rumble/vibration. Game is playable and tis a great game, but the rumble/vibration could be better.
Thanks

O-NO
29-11-2017, 13:06
It would be appreciated if we could receive an official response to this.

Sorry to keep banging on about it but it's because it was so good in PCars1.

Trnes
29-11-2017, 14:41
Precisely the game is not cheap, +season pass. Specify, only Steering wheell, with controlador to half work. Then I would see if I'm interested buy it for pc.
I have hope that it will be solved.

Edit:
I tried cable and neither did
Maybe with Windows 7?

OddTimer
30-11-2017, 12:15
Yes, vibration is still very poor in 3.0. I am mainly playing it on Xbox One X, but until the patch arrives I've playing on the PC and the difference is night and day, especially the rumbling triggers.

Schumi-
30-11-2017, 15:20
Yes, vibration is still very poor in 3.0. I am mainly playing it on Xbox One X, but until the patch arrives I've playing on the PC and the difference is night and day, especially the rumbling triggers.

I know they cannot implement at the moment rumble triggers for the PC , but it will be nice if in the next patch or even a small update the rumble / vibration will be improved significantly for us pad users on the Pc.

O-NO
30-11-2017, 17:26
We don't appear to be getting any response to the lack of rumble / vibration (unless I missed it) but hope things can be improved.......doesn't make the game unplayable but just doesn't make it always enjoyable for me.

Trnes
30-11-2017, 18:45
Let's see if any admin, can help us with the matter. Or to know some news of if at least it is pending to solve it.:confused:

Trux74
01-12-2017, 14:18
Iíve been using my wheel a lot lately, although itís not always possible and yesterday I was keen to try my Xbox one controlle again.
Unfortunately itís the same as before the patch. Still vey weak rumble.
Itís playable but there is no real feedback as to what the car is doing. Unlike Codemasters F1 2017 which has amazing pad support and includes rumble in the triggers.

O-NO
01-12-2017, 17:33
I keep checking this thread regularly hoping that there might have been a reply from devs but still nothing.

Trnes
01-12-2017, 19:57
Maybe we should create a new thread, since this one says it's resolved.
[resolved]xbox 1 controller not working

O-NO
01-12-2017, 20:10
Maybe we should create a new thread, since this one says it's resolved.
[resolved]xbox 1 controller not working

Good idea.

szoundwave
01-12-2017, 21:36
did you looked into Steam controller settings ? look into controller tab, last one and disable Xbox Configuration Controller support, and Generic Gamepad if enabled

O-NO
01-12-2017, 21:45
Yes mine is already disabled.

Trnes
02-12-2017, 01:23
did you looked into Steam controller settings ? look into controller tab, last one and disable Xbox Configuration Controller support, and Generic Gamepad if enabled

We have tested all possible configurations. It is a problem of the Game.

New thread
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58186-Xbox-ONE-360-Controller-not-vibrating-correctly

Ian Bell
02-12-2017, 01:46
IF the xbox controller wasn't working we wouldn't be allowed to ship by Microsoft...

Trnes
02-12-2017, 01:53
Thanks for answering
Then it's a microsoft problem
because in pcars 1 was spectacular?
I do not understand, sorry for my ignorance.

Ian Bell
02-12-2017, 01:54
Thanks for answering
Then it's a microsoft problem
because in pcars1 was spectacular?
I do not understand, sorry for my ignorance.

Can you bullet point for me exactly what your issue is please? I'm just going by the title and of course it must work. More than half a million people are using one...

Trnes
02-12-2017, 01:59
The problem comes in the vibrations of the control
It is shown when changing gears, in collisions, but off the track nothing.
Neither the edges of the tracks
In PC

I'm sorry for English is not my mother tongue

Ian Bell
02-12-2017, 01:59
The problem comes in the vibrations of the control
It is shown when changing gears, in collisions, but off the track nothing.
Neither the edges of the tracks
In PC

I'm sorry for English is not my mother tongue

Oh, this is just about rumble? If so, that's a pretty hyperbolic title :)

Now, I'm not saying we won't look at it, but 'Xbox1 controller not working' because you don't like the rumble effects is well...

Ian Bell
02-12-2017, 02:01

Now, I'm not saying we won't look at it, but 'Xbox1 controller not working' because you don't like the rumble effects is well...

Mods, pass this to the team please regardless. I see no reason why rumble effects are not there for off track and kerbs...

Trnes
02-12-2017, 02:29
Thank you very much for the information..

Schumi-
02-12-2017, 08:05
Mods, pass this to the team please regardless. I see no reason why rumble effects are not there for off track and kerbs...

Thanks Ian, should have made ourselves more clearer from the start, Rumble / Vibration is there, but not as pronounced as Pcars 1, it just feels rather weak with little or no feedback from the track car etc.

O-NO
02-12-2017, 09:33
Ian this is my experience using a gamepad on a PC with PCars.

PCars1 had excellent vibration / rumble, you could really feel the rumble strips also hitting something solid you certainly felt it.

PCars2 with Xbox360 pad very weak. You can feel a little gear change and braking. Very little to no rumble strip vibration. Very weak feeling when hitting something solid.

Xbox One pad a little better than the 360.....some vibration / rumble on corner strips.

I tried the demo on my PS4 and the rumble / vibration was excellent.

So I assume that console users with a gamepad are fine it's just the PC users.

Mad Al
02-12-2017, 14:42

Originally the thread was about controllers not working (Steam getting in the way).. it's just been pushed to "rumble is weak on PC"

O-NO
07-12-2017, 17:05
Any chance a mod can acknowledge that this has been passed on to be looked at as requested by Ian.

Thanks

Sankyo
08-12-2017, 19:30
Any chance a mod can acknowledge that this has been passed on to be looked at as requested by Ian.

Thanks

It has been passed to the devs.

O-NO
08-12-2017, 20:57
It has been passed to the devs.

Many thanks.

Trnes
09-02-2018, 21:14
Any difference with the new update?:confused:

Mad Al
10-02-2018, 00:04

If you mean for rumble, yes it should be more pronounced, again this is based on what was in the last test build a few days back.. in fact I had to turn the vibration down to 15 in game as it's now completely over the top for my tastes.. so there will probably be a shed load of complaints about rumble being OTT now! - note I use a 360 controller, not the Xbox One version

O-NO
10-02-2018, 07:37

For me a little better with gear change and braking. Still can't particularly feel the rumble strips or when on the grass. I'm comparing this with PCars1 which is still way better for me re the rumble.
Maybe I should delete my controller config and set up again.

Trnes
10-02-2018, 12:06
I feel good...
the sensations are much better.
the corners and outside track transmits the shock absorbers (Donington Park).
In X1 to the maximum they are nothing exaggerated.
Thanks to the team WMD.

OddTimer
14-02-2018, 08:41
Yes, it does feel better. I still think vibration on the xbox game is a bit better, but now on the pc you can at least feel a bit of vibration on certain parts of certain tracks (tarmack). Definitely an improvement.

Trux74
21-03-2018, 17:38
Still the same as before for me.

Schumi-
23-03-2018, 17:47
Still the same as before for me.

Same here, havent noticed no differnece using Xbox Controller on Pc.