PDA

View Full Version : SMS - What happend with the insane sound quality from PC1?

tomsku28
21-09-2017, 23:21
I fired up PC2 on my PS4 Pro and the sounds from the cars was way better in project cars 1.. I use turtle beach 800 elite and pc1 blows my ears off.. In Project cars 2 the sounds are bad. My BMW i3 makes more engine sounds than pc2.

Please rehire your sound enginer that worked on pc1 so we can enjoy it like it is supposed to.

Crank up the volume in the game engine please!

Loved project cars 1.

Oliver1989G
21-09-2017, 23:49
I fired up PC2 on my PS4 Pro and the sounds from the cars was way better in project cars 1.. I use turtle beach 800 elite and pc1 blows my ears off.. In Project cars 2 the sounds are bad. My BMW i3 makes more engine sounds than pc2.

Please rehire your sound enginer that worked on pc1 so we can enjoy it like it is supposed to.

Crank up the volume in the game engine please!

Loved project cars 1.

This is a real concern. Surely this cant be the case.

Have you checked your sound settings?

Ive heard and been made aware that sound quality on cars has improved dramatically!!!

Konan
21-09-2017, 23:50
The sound changes as you change views though...chasecam makes less sound than cocpit view for instance...

Madwak55
22-09-2017, 00:02
The bonnet cam has terrible sound compared to the incar sound.

tomsku28
22-09-2017, 04:55

Ive heard and been made aware that sound quality on cars has improved dramatically!!!

Hi, I have changed the sound setting from pcm, to dolby digital and dts but the sound is not near PC1. I drive in hood view or chase cam outside the car. I fired up PC1 with same sound output setting and did the test with same car and track (Aston Martin GT3) and the difference is huge. I have also checked sound setting in PC2 for volume. But the sound volume and quality was not even close to PC1 when it comes to engine/exhaust sound.

Ian Bell
22-09-2017, 04:57
Odd, every review so far tells us that the sounds are (much) better. We worked very hard to add a new revs based system.

I'm wondering if you might have a setup issue somewhere.

Madwak55
22-09-2017, 06:14
I must have missed a setting somewhere because the first thing I did was jump into the VW rallycross car with bonnet cam to see how it compares to Dirt 4 and it sounds like I'm driving a Formula E electric car - not good ☹️

dominiczeth
22-09-2017, 06:56
Odd, every review so far tells us that the sounds are (much) better. We worked very hard to add a new revs based system.

That's my opninion too. Sound is way better now, and i love it. Sure not every cars sounds exciting for every ear, but that counts also for Real Life. I love the Engine Sounds and all the things around that, the Team has done some great work here! Finally a game what doesn't sound like cheap GoPro recordings on Youtube.

rillelives
22-09-2017, 06:56
Did you try to restart the game or even your system? There is still a bug in PC1 or maybe in PS4 OS that sometimes makes the main engine sound disappear and you basically simply hear the different engine effects like turbo whine and similar. Restart always cured it.

Maybe this bug is inherited?

Madwak55
22-09-2017, 07:07
I'm hoping you are right as I'm using headphones and the PCars audio was far better and you're description of the main engine sound being missing kinda describes what I'm hearing so will try later when I get chance.

chops13
22-09-2017, 07:21
IMO, the surround sound is absolutely incredible. Unbelievably awesome how the 7.1 shifts around you depending on the view. The sound of the rain and windshield wipers is spot on as well. Amazing job SMS!

ironik
22-09-2017, 07:31
The sounds are vastly better than in pCARS 1, IMO.
One can hear the actual metallic sound from the exhaust and it's just amazingly good. I'm not even mentionning the "splatters" and "bangs".

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 07:34
I'm hoping you are right as I'm using headphones and the PCars audio was far better and you're description of the main engine sound being missing kinda describes what I'm hearing so will try later when I get chance.

Make sure to activate headphone mix in the audio options.

tomsku28
22-09-2017, 08:10

Thank you very much for your reply :)
The other sounds is very good is just the engine/exhaust sounds that are low, in pc1 the engine sound was way louder.. And I testet pc1 right after pc2 with same setup on ps4 with pcm/dolby/digital/dts.

I will test project cars 2 tonight after work with my samsung HW-750 soundbar and not the turtle beach headset. The quality of the sounds are good but not as loud as in pc1.

Keep up the good work 👍

HenryT23
22-09-2017, 09:02
Thank you very much for your reply :)
The other sounds is very good is just the engine/exhaust sounds that are low, in pc1 the engine sound was way louder.. And I testet pc1 right after pc2 with same setup on ps4 with pcm/dolby/digital/dts.

I will test project cars 2 tonight after work with my samsung HW-750 soundbar and not the turtle beach headset. The quality of the sounds are good but not as loud as in pc1.

Keep up the good work 👍

I confirm. The sounds are much lower (I'm referring to the cockpit view) and the frequencies are also different from those used in the first chapter sound. So true that the buttkicker, which worked great with pcars 1, now works only when it rises above the curbs

Stevefoz
22-09-2017, 13:13
Anyone why how to get the chief engineer’s voice when using a headset on PS4 ?
I’m using the steelseries p800’s.

FreefallRLC
22-09-2017, 13:30
Also the engine sound in replays is too loud. Always same loud and not "coming and going" as the car is driving by

andrewzaragoza
22-09-2017, 16:45
i suggest checking your turtle beach elite 800 sound mode and try other settings like signature sound. it might just be the equalizer preset you are using on your turtle beach.

tomsku28
22-09-2017, 17:22
i suggest checking your turtle beach elite 800 sound mode and try other settings like signature sound. it might just be the equalizer preset you are using on your turtle beach.

Hi, I have testet different sound modes, signature, movie, stereo etc.. Nothing changed the volume in the headset. I use signature sound most of the time, and without touching any settings on PS4 Pro or ingame or on the headset,
as soon as I turn on PC1 the sound is much louder. PS4 is set to PCM to give the best loudness in sound.

Fanapryde
22-09-2017, 17:28
I'm only using cockpit view and have only tried 5 cars so far, but the sound has improved a lot imo.
(5.1 sound system).

maxx69
22-09-2017, 17:36
Take out the 69 Camaro and do some drifting it's flipping awesome :cool:
Few things need ironing out , but the sound isn't one of them .....at least from my experience

Karl87
22-09-2017, 18:09
Only sound issues I have are glass breaking sounds in open cockpit cars on crash and the big one is that durring a replay the players car is way way too loud compared to the others and way to loud from a distance.

wicker man
22-09-2017, 18:23
The sound for me is really quiet just been on 1 & 2 back too back in the cossie on rouen 1 sounds fantastic 2 sounds far too quiet

superdry
22-09-2017, 21:12
Agree with the sound. PCars 1 was fine, volume on my TV was set to about 7.

On PCars2, it is at 17 and it still isn't great. No adjustments to the in game settings can change this.

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 21:21

It sure has, just drove the Ginetta G55 GT3 for the first time. Wow that sound!

edit - on sound volume I agree, I had to up the volume for my A/V receiver as well. But sound quality of cars and stuff around the car is ace! (like driving through water puddles)

tomsku28
22-09-2017, 22:08
So, tried PC2 with samsung hw-k750 soundbar and the sounds are good and improved. But the sound is still very low. I use volume 10-12 in PC1 and it sounds loud and awesome. PC2 I have to adjust the volume to 25-27 for same experience.

So SMS the sounds are good, but volume a bit to low.
Is this possible to fix? I can't get the volume any higher on the turtle beach headset and that sucks. Want more and louder sound - please!

Oliver1989G
22-09-2017, 22:19
So, tried PC2 with samsung hw-k750 soundbar and the sounds are good and improved. But the sound is still very low. I use volume 10-12 in PC1 and it sounds loud and awesome. PC2 I have to adjust the volume to 25-27 for same experience.

Is this possible to fix? I can't get the volume any higher on the turtle beach headset and that sucks. Want more and louder sound - please!

I agree with this 100% same issue i had at home last night.

Konan
23-09-2017, 02:14

Forwarded to the devs...

sirsilver1968
23-09-2017, 03:13
Same problem using my turtlebeach elite 800, the quality of the sounds are superb i just need to hear more of it, pcars 1 had a real raw sound and i loved it so im glad this has been escalated to the team :)

Dresden
23-09-2017, 07:22
I agree with the OP. Best way to check is to fire up the 488 Gt3. It sounds horrible. No impact, no volume, nothing.

The same car sounds amazing in Assetto Corsa. So I cannot be imagining things.

On Pcars 1 I played with the volume on 25 and my windows were shaking. I need to crank things up to 60 to achieve the same feeling here.

Erich Stahler
23-09-2017, 07:31
Same here, absolut great Sound, but overall a little bit quit. With PC1 i had a mid volume setting on my headset, with PC2 i have to put the volume to max for the same level.

Best regards
Erich

Konan
23-09-2017, 07:32
I've forwarded the issue to the devs...

Dresden
23-09-2017, 11:26
Thanks Konan.

Another thing I have noticed regarding the sound level is that driving down a straight in the rain I can barely hear the engine noise at all. It is like- 95% rain noise and 5% engine sound.

The balance is totally killing all enjoyment of the game for me at the moment.

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-09-2017, 12:38
If you're on headphones, before going any further check your Sound Devices from the quick menu (press and hold the PS button). There is an option to output to headphones. Ensure "chat audio" is selected. Then sound is much louder than when the setting "all audio" is used.

Netminder
23-09-2017, 12:46
If you drive on bumper or chase cam you are just silly go play mario kart or forza.

Konan
23-09-2017, 13:30
If you drive on bumper or chase cam you are just silly go play mario kart or forza.

To each their own...everyone is entitled to play the game the way they want...:cool:

chops13
23-09-2017, 14:34
For reference, I am running 7.1 on full range speakers with cutover at 80z.

Yes I would agree that the overall level is way to low, but also the frequency EQ is very strange, there is almost no sound below 80hz, and very little from 80hz - 160hz. Below 80 is where all the sub sounds are (which there are current non except for the odd curbing) and the lower mids are dead as well. Major screw up in the sound engineering department.

The surround placement is very cool but yea the sound is whack currently and i'm concerned this is much harder to change.

Fanapryde
23-09-2017, 14:46
Don't know if this is the right topic, but while trying more cars I found out that some sound OK to even great, but I had a few that are simply terrible! To name a few:
Clio
X-Bow
Nissan GTR GT3
Nissan GTR Nismo (even worse)
And the one I had high hopes for (listening to some video's) the Panoz.... :confused:

Can't even describe how bad these are (5.1 surround set which works great in pCars1 and other sims).
Sound in replays....:disgust:
Really....

Konan
23-09-2017, 15:23
Thanks Konan.

Another thing I have noticed regarding the sound level is that driving down a straight in the rain I can barely hear the engine noise at all. It is like- 95% rain noise and 5% engine sound.

The balance is totally killing all enjoyment of the game for me at the moment.

All,part of the reported issue...:cool:

vintageGeo
23-09-2017, 15:29
the sound is about a thousand times better than it was in the first game

Madwak55
23-09-2017, 15:34
the sound is about a thousand times better than it was in the first game

Not on my PS4 pro it's not. I'm just glad I've got more than one pair of headphones cos on a basic set plugged into the controller it's extremely quiet, on my wireless set it's adequate but nowhere near as powerful as PCars 1 ☹️

Konan
23-09-2017, 16:17
Not on my PS4 pro it's not. I'm just glad I've got more than one pair of headphones cos on a basic set plugged into the controller it's extremely quiet, on my wireless set it's adequate but nowhere near as powerful as PCars 1 ☹️

This seems to be a PS4 related issue...anyway the devs are aware of it...

Trebb
31-03-2018, 11:54
Hi, I have changed the sound setting from pcm, to dolby digital and dts but the sound is not near PC1. I drive in hood view or chase cam outside the car. I fired up PC1 with same sound output setting and did the test with same car and track (Aston Martin GT3) and the difference is huge. I have also checked sound setting in PC2 for volume. But the sound volume and quality was not even close to PC1 when it comes to engine/exhaust sound.

I recently bought PC2 on PS4 and own PC1. I agree 100% with you, the sound volume is damped A LOT on PC2 compared to PC1. When I first started up PC2, this was a VERY sad aspect of the game. Every other aspect of PC2 seem very good, but sound volume and quality on a car sim/game really makes or breaks it for me. I really hope they can maybe release a patch or something that can improve the sound experience.

UkHardcore23
31-03-2018, 13:35
I recently bought PC2 on PS4 and own PC1. I agree 100% with you, the sound volume is damped A LOT on PC2 compared to PC1. When I first started up PC2, this was a VERY sad aspect of the game. Every other aspect of PC2 seem very good, but sound volume and quality on a car sim/game really makes or breaks it for me. I really hope they can maybe release a patch or something that can improve the sound experience.

There is also no low end sound which is unusual. Its the only game i have where very little to no sound comes from the sub.