PDA

View Full Version : T300rs doesn't work

Betger321
22-09-2017, 00:04
Can anyone please help me.
I bought PC2 earlier today for ps4 (pro)
I played for a minute while it was still installing but the handling was way to unsesitive so i decided to play if the game was fully installed and updated. After the update I tried to play and my thrustmasters t300rs didn't do anything. In the options tab i couldn't change the "wireless controller" to t300rs or something like that. It just doesn't do anything. Is this a bug or something becauseI tested it on f1 2017 and dirt 4 and it still works perfectly. I really need help. I did all the unplugging and plugging in things and switching it on and off. Nothing works!

wyldanimal
22-09-2017, 04:31
After you press the PS button on the T300,
Long Press the PS button on the DS4,
select devices, and shut off the DS4.

now use the T300 to Start up pCars 2
since the DS4 is now powered off, it will only see your T300 as the controller.

hunaisawesome
22-09-2017, 05:07
Can anyone please help me.
I bought PC2 earlier today for ps4 (pro)
I played for a minute while it was still installing but the handling was way to unsesitive so i decided to play if the game was fully installed and updated. After the update I tried to play and my thrustmasters t300rs didn't do anything. In the options tab i couldn't change the "wireless controller" to t300rs or something like that. It just doesn't do anything. Is this a bug or something becauseI tested it on f1 2017 and dirt 4 and it still works perfectly. I really need help. I did all the unplugging and plugging in things and switching it on and off. Nothing works!

Same Problem... found a solution yet?? Even doing what wyldanimal said doesnt work for me...

Chawabax
22-09-2017, 07:33
I can play with my T300RS only if I launch the game with it, pressing "X" when the game asks me to START in its "homepage". Pad is working too.

If I start the game with pad, then I cannot use the steering wheel

but... was the same with PC1, wasn't it?

mattikake
22-09-2017, 09:07
I can play with my T300RS only if I launch the game with it, pressing "X" when the game asks me to START in its "homepage". Pad is working too.

If I start the game with pad, then I cannot use the steering wheel

but... was the same with PC1, wasn't it?

Lol yep! Didn't take me too long to figure thst out in PCARS 1.

Squiggle3d
22-09-2017, 09:55
Same Problem... found a solution yet?? Even doing what wyldanimal said doesnt work for me...

I have a T300 Ferrari GTE version but it is supposed to be 100 percent compatible with T300RS (and is definitely licensed by Sony). I canít post a link here but there is a page on the Thrustmaster website for my wheel that confirms this.

Thrustmaster has Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2 listed on the above page as supporting the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE.

It is essentially the same wheel as the T300RS but with different button layout and cosmetics.
I have the TH8A shifter also plugged in (and a turned off PSVR plugged in the back USB). I am using the T3PA Pro Pedals. The current setup works fine with Asetto Corsa. I have booted my PS4 Pro using the wheel and my DS2 is OFF.
I admit that T300 Ferrari GTE is not discretely listed on the official PC2 website, however often the games just say T300RS and it works fine.

I am now starting to feel very foolish for getting the deluxe version of PC2 on PS4 instead of my very capable PC (2 x 1080ti SLI). I decided to get PS4 version of PC2 over the PC version to avoid glitches and crashes (yes they happen no matter how powerful your system is). Also I felt that the wheel just feels better on PS4 compared to PC where itís not as Ďtightí.

Is this a temporary bug that T300RS doesnít work or is it the case that the particular version of my wheel is just not supported (despite being a near clone to T300RS)?

Squiggle3d
22-09-2017, 10:12
Ok I don’t feel so foolish anymore. :D What worked for me was I unplugged the PSVR and the Shifter, restarted PS4 then (without turning on DS4) I loaded PC2 and voila - it works! Then I plugged in the shifter and couldn’t find the option for ‘H shifter’ but went ahead and played and abracadabra - the shifter works too!

The solution to the problem is to make sure you don’t have your DS4 on and also make sure you don’t have a PSVR plugged in at the same time.

Betger321
22-09-2017, 11:43
This worked. Just make sure the shifter or ds4 or any other device is plugged in. Thanks mate

gufazi
22-09-2017, 12:49
Well I still feel foolish.

I tried the workarounds mentioned and nothing. I haven't played PCARS1 in a year, but it was working great before.

I made sure the wheels firmware was up to date.
I only plugged in the wheel. Its on PS4, light is green.
The wheel self calibrates and stiffens, but halfway through the PCARS2 intro the wheel loosens and (X) to start doesn't work.
The PS button works and I can navigate through the PS4 menus but when I click back on PCARS2 ... dead, nothing.

I took the day off of work to play. Bummed.

**Edit..on a regular PS4 500 Gb, using the deluxe digital download**

Madwak55
22-09-2017, 16:11
Try plugging the wheel into a different USB, turn off the PS4 and then back on again. As the PS4 powers up the wheel should calibrate and when you start the game it should do it again, also try not to use the wheel via a USB hub.

Diablo944
25-09-2017, 02:38
Ok I don’t feel so foolish anymore. :D What worked for me was I unplugged the PSVR and the Shifter, restarted PS4 then (without turning on DS4) I loaded PC2 and voila - it works! Then I plugged in the shifter and couldn’t find the option for ‘H shifter’ but went ahead and played and abracadabra - the shifter works too!

The solution to the problem is to make sure you don’t have your DS4 on and also make sure you don’t have a PSVR plugged in at the same time.

Psvr plugged into mine and wheel works fine (if you dont count the over large deadzone it suffers on pcars 2 fir some reason). Only pointing it out to save everyone unplugging their psvr when its not Necessarily an issue.