PDA

View Full Version : [Workaround] Can't configure control - 'Multiple inputs detected, no action taken'

Lilfurbal
22-09-2017, 00:26
Hello,

Right off, first thing I attempt to do in Project Cars 2 is configure the controls. I'm using a Logitech G920 steering wheel, thrustmaster pedals, 2x thrustmaster shifters (one in analog mode as handbrake). I can only seem to assign buttons on the steering wheel to actions, but I can't set any pedal to an action, nor any shifter to any action without getting presented the error 'Multiple inputs detected, no action taken'. So it won't assign anything to these actions. I tried using the default Logitech G920 profile and changing the pedals to thrustmaster but I can't, and I also tried using the custom wheel profile and set all control inputs manually but I can't do that either as I just keep getting this same error.

This is a road blocker so I can't really even bother with entering a race until I can set the controls. Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Eric Rowland
22-09-2017, 00:31
I have the same multiple input issue with my Accuforce wheel. I cannot assign the Steer Left and Steer Right. Also, my Fanatec 7-sp H-shifter has the multiple input issue also. I am using the Custom Wheel option. My pedals and steering wheel buttons and button box assignments can be configured though. Please help!

Tronik
22-09-2017, 00:38
I have same exact issue except with OSW direct drive wheel, Ricmotech Real Gear GTPro 1 pedals, and Thrustmaster TH8A shifter. Cannot get anything to work. Tried loading MMOS before launching steam with no avail. I can turn the wheel any direction and it says multiple inputs. I have also tried custom wheel, logitech, and fanatec profile variants with zero luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 01:37
May be worth trying to remove the pedals and shifter and see if you can then assign the OSW inputs.

That would at least eliminate where the issue could possibly be coming from.

sherpa25
22-09-2017, 01:43
Dang, same issue here. T300 wheel and G27 pedals. Wheel is seen, but cannot assign pedals to the G27, nothing happens when pressing accelerator or brakes. :(

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 01:44
Have you guys tried this, it has fixed issues with Gamepads and also a T100 not mapping.

One question.. is this Steam being a pain in the arse and getting in the way.
Have a look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options (if I recall correctly)

ELAhrairah
22-09-2017, 01:45
I had the exact same thing: accuforce, did not register wheel turning in assign controls menu. Kept on doing it over and over and suddenly it registered it. Now working fine.

Tronik
22-09-2017, 01:50
I will try this. Thanks.

Eric Rowland
22-09-2017, 02:20
I found a solution that worked for me. When assigning the Steer Left and Steer Right, return the wheel to center immediately after turning the wheel to assign the function. Do not turn the wheel to it's extent and hold it there. I did this as well with my Fanatec H-Shifter by moving the lever to the desired gear and then moving it back to neutral. I hope this technique helps you solve a Multiple Input issue.

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 02:27
Thanks Eric!
Can someone else confirm this solves the issue?

Lilfurbal
22-09-2017, 02:53
I was able to solve my issue of getting everything assigned loading into a race and mapping the inputs from options while on a track. Issue seems to exist before loading into a track from the normal main menu. So there's definitely a bug in the way inputs are configured from the main menu, but a work around is to set it while after loading into a track. Someone on reddit seemed to indicate this as a fix for them and it worked for me!

MustangSVT
22-09-2017, 03:53
I had this kind of issue with my TH8A shifter not getting detected. I changed its USB port on my PC, and after I did so, it showed up under my steering wheel in game devices in terms of order. After this it worked in the game.

Tronik
22-09-2017, 04:16
I found a solution that worked for me. When assigning the Steer Left and Steer Right, return the wheel to center immediately after turning the wheel to assign the function. Do not turn the wheel to it's extent and hold it there. I did this as well with my Fanatec H-Shifter by moving the lever to the desired gear and then moving it back to neutral. I hope this technique helps you solve a Multiple Input issue.

This worked for me as well. It also needed a few tries for it to take in my case.

Kaerar
22-09-2017, 05:49
Well if anyone has a solution to getting a G25 to detect as custom wheel and a separate set of Fanatec Clubsport v2 pedals then awesome. Until then it looks like I'm limited to Xbox controller...

Bwana
22-09-2017, 06:03
Dang, same issue here. T300 wheel and G27 pedals. Wheel is seen, but cannot assign pedals to the G27, nothing happens when pressing accelerator or brakes. :(

Same, tried to calibrate csv2 pedals but not detected ???? reset USB , retarted game and wheels several times. Wheel ok.. also FOV mapping only working one way . buttons assigned ?? bugs bugs bugs

dpj463
22-09-2017, 21:37
I tried the suggestion of turning my wheel then returning to center to get it to register.....
Regretfully, this did not work for me......

Will try going into options after on track to see if I can assign left and right wheel movement from there.

This worked.......enter a race and actually start the race. then go back to the menu and go to options. My wheel was recognized and I was able to assign the left and right movement. Now I am working on why i have NO FFB!!!!!!!
THis game SUCKS so far.......

dpj463
22-09-2017, 22:12
Have you guys tried this, it has fixed issues with Gamepads and also a T100 not mapping.

One question.. is this Steam being a pain in the arse and getting in the way.
Have a look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options (if I recall correctly)

unfortunately this did not work for me

nimix
23-09-2017, 13:04
Tabbing out and back into the game fixed the menus not registering inputs for me. Unfortunately, I most often have to do this every one or two keybinds, which is really annoying to be polite, but at least it fixed the "multiple inputs" or the lack of anything registering every time.

boxer-11
08-10-2017, 01:22
In the hope that this saves someone else time... I had the multiple inputs detected issue -- couldn't assign the left/right steering axes to my accuforce wheel. Here's what I did to fix it:

I grabbed a copy of DIView (http://www.leobodnar.com/files/DIView.zip). When I examine the raw data for the Accuforce wheel I see many more axes listed than the actual device has. In particular there are x/y/z rotation axes show by DIView. These rotation axes are "jittering" -- the raw data was hovering at around 104 on the Y-Rot axis for example but then quite frequently it would jump to some other value. This looks to Windows like a real physical axis being moved and it seems to pass this data to the game code. The problem is that if Windows sees you move the wheel and a jitter induced move from one of these phantom axes, the game can't tell which is the real axis and which is not...hence "multiple detected". It sounds like some people having this issue eventually got lucky after many tries and moved the wheel to select that axis at a time with no jitter event and it works. Equally, I was able to get the left steering assigned to "Y-Rot" (which the Accuforce doesn't even have) by starting to detect the axis and not moving anything...Y-Rot jittered and the game saw that axis only and voila, steering left now assigned to the phantom axis.

The fix is this: manually edit the joystick calibration data such that the jitter values all look like "0" to Windows for the phantom axes on your wheel controller device using DIView and then the game will correctly detect the axis you do move and that axis alone and you get the result you want.

In a bit more detail...

Get DIView to show your wheel device and all it's axes.

I looked at the calibration data for the Y-Rot axis (right click on the Y-Rot subwindow and select "calibration") and it had 1024 set for the min, mid and max values. Some of the other axes had more sensible looking values but the point is if you see same for all three on a phantom axis, use "reset to default" button to get more reasonable numbers (actual values don't matter too much since this is for axes that don't actually exist and thus actual calibration is moot).

The look at the raw data for the axis. Same right click on the sub window then choose raw data. You can also look in the "buffered" subwindow. What you are looking for is flickering raw value in the axis subwindow or a stream of input values in the buffered subwindow from the axes that don't exist (essentially everything other than "X" for the Accuforce)...that's bad because that means Windows is seeing something move that isn't physically being moved.

In my case, the raw data mostly showed "104" but I could see it flickering "96" at a pretty high rate.

The fix from here is easy enough: I just changed the minimum value in the calibration data to "400"...big enough that the steady and jitter values are all below that number. The result is that the steady and jitter states all look like minimum/zero deflection of that axis to Windows and the phantom axis then appears quiet.

Look for any axis that is flickering/putting out values (any axis you aren't actually using or doesn't physically exist on your controller I mean; look in buffered subwindow) and do the same thing to make the calibration data squish any jitter values to nothing.

Once I did that for all the non-existent axes on the wheel controller device, I went back into the game and immediately the multiple detection thing was gone and my left and right steering were a snap to assign.

GTsimms
08-10-2017, 17:12
I learned to setup my Fanatec Handbrake before going on a track. Afterwards, it's the same issue of multiple inputs!

EG1000
24-12-2017, 02:27
Unfortunately none of the solutions listed here work for me.

I have however found a workaround that works for me 100% and let's me successfully map buttons on my T500RS/F1 Wheel.

Click the EDIT ASSIGNMENTS menu button with the mouse rather than any mapped button (or move the mouse so that you have an arrow pointer instead of the in game target cursor).

When I do this it no longer detects multiple inputs.

FYI I am using Project Cars 2 with Oculus Rift and gaze functionality turned on. It almost seems as if the game is interpreting head motion as a controller input. Perhaps this is why moving the mouse and letting the mouse control cursor movement temporarily "fixes" the problem?

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: I notice I have an input conflict on some Steam VR menus as well with my T500RS plugged in. It appears it's my braking axis...when I apply 50% breaking the haywire inputs cease.

BrunoB
24-12-2017, 13:31
I grabbed a copy of DIView (http://www.leobodnar.com/files/DIView.zip). When I examine the raw data for the Accuforce wheel I see many more axes listed than the actual device has. In particular there are x/y/z rotation axes show by DIView. These rotation axes are "jittering"
Thanks Boxer your finding/research does really make sense.
Sounds like this "Multiple axes.." isnt really a bug but more a combination of too high sensitivity in the software sensering and too much flickering from some controller outputs.
Specially your advice about lowering the sensitivity by "changed the minimum value in the calibration data" sounds extremely usefull.

At least for people wanting to solve the problem instead of just shouting bugs, bugs, bugs.:rolleyes:

Raysracing
09-12-2018, 05:07
SOlved it again on my MMOS SMall Miger DD wheel after losing my steering assignments for no apparent reason. This time when getting the multiple inputs detected I turned the wheel about 180 degrees then started to return wheel to CENTER. On the way back to center it assigns the input. Hope this helps.