PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED in 2.0] Driver Name Tags in multiplayer PC2 issue

faisalero
22-09-2017, 00:27
hello bros i started playing on multi player and the name of other players are just flying around all over the place instead of it being on top of other players cars any one has the same issue ?

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 00:28
Can you get a screenshot?

faisalero
22-09-2017, 00:31

wow that fast replay thank you mahjik

give me a min ill double check on Nvdia drivers and then post a screenshot

faisalero
22-09-2017, 02:08

i updated the drivers and tried the multiplayer again but the problem is still there, i'm using a gtx 1080ti with intel i7-7700k and a triple display hers the screen shots

i noticed the name tags are floating as if there racing in the background but the actual cars as you see in third picture has no names on it

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 02:11
i updated the drivers and tried the multiplayer again but the problem is still there, i'm using a gtx 1080ti with intel i7-7700k and a triple display hers the screen shots

i noticed the name tags are floating as if there racing in the background but the actual cars as you see in third picture has no names on it

It looks like the name tags are having a z-buffer issue. The cars are out of view but the tag is still showing.

faisalero
22-09-2017, 02:12
and if the car is in front of me that tag is not there only when the cars are out of view or in the pits

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 03:42
What do you have the Opponent Names setting set to?

F1_Racer68
22-09-2017, 03:51
We saw this same issue today.

Racing at Daytona Road Course. Player names appear to be almost half a track length off of the corresponding car, and they fly by so fast at first I had no idea what it was. I thought it was some kind of screen tearing at first, then figured out it was the names shooting past.

Names were set to game default of "Multiplayer Only" (at least it was the default on my system). Honestly, I had to turn them off for now as they are very distracting with this issue. Unfortunately, they were flying by at such speed that I was unable to get a screen shot. Literally a blink of an eye.

System specs in my sig. Most graphics settings are currently on Low/medium.

faisalero
22-09-2017, 11:31
What do you have the Opponent Names setting set to?

it was set on "multiplayer" at first i changed it to "on" and tried it with single player and the same thing happens .

faisalero
22-09-2017, 11:38
We saw this same issue today.

Racing at Daytona Road Course. Player names appear to be almost half a track length off of the corresponding car, and they fly by so fast at first I had no idea what it was. I thought it was some kind of screen tearing at first, then figured out it was the names shooting past.

Names were set to game default of "Multiplayer Only" (at least it was the default on my system). Honestly, I had to turn them off for now as they are very distracting with this issue. Unfortunately, they were flying by at such speed that I was unable to get a screen shot. Literally a blink of an eye.

System specs in my sig. Most graphics settings are currently on Low/medium.

yah it scared the hell out of me when it first happened i thought i was lagging and if you want to take a screen shot don't drive because it well be too fast to capture its a mini bug but it sure is annoying .

Qxs
23-09-2017, 03:50
Multiplayer, Road America, Indycar (?), ~26 people, same issue, name tags zipping around the screen. I have to admit, it was pretty disappointing.
I set the name option to Online/Multiplayer Only....
I managed to survive this crap in practice and qualifying, but when the race started it was typical chaos before the start line...

On the bright side, I almost get 120fps @ 5760x1080, without shadows or AA and some other things neutered...

faisalero
24-09-2017, 00:15
**UPDATE on bug**

dear developers i noticed that this bug only accrues if i enable triple display, i disabled the nvidia surround and tried to use one monitor and the tag names appear as they should .

which makes me believe that this is a triple monitor bug .

F1_Racer68
24-09-2017, 00:31
**UPDATE on bug**

dear developers i noticed that this bug only accrues if i enable triple display, i disabled the nvidia surround and tried to use one monitor and the tag names appear as they should .

which makes me believe that this is a triple monitor bug .

Ooh... Good catch! Yes, I am also on triple screens so this could very well be the case.

Radar
24-09-2017, 08:26
Same issues and also using triples.

RalliColonia
24-09-2017, 17:11
For me the same in triple screen setup, with one screen is all right

Fanapryde
28-09-2017, 07:20
I used opponents names for the first time last night, same issue (triples).
I rarely use the feature, but I was checking because a car behind me set a faster lap time than mine, while I clearly gained an advantage that particular lap. :confused:

drathuu
28-09-2017, 09:58
Its multiplayer and on triplescreens - I beleive its known and noted (Carryover from beta).. on single screens i beleive it doesnt happen. So its likely a math logic (locating calculation problem).

Kingleo
30-09-2017, 06:59
Just getting ready to report this...
It's very distracting. (it's the reason I can't put down good lap times :p ) JK

hopefully they get it sorted out and patched.

Umer Ahmad
03-10-2017, 11:18
Here is video of the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3w9r3YJhs4

Racert246
03-10-2017, 16:08
Got the same problem with triples and in multiplayer.
Switched of player names.

Stocky
03-10-2017, 16:20
I get the same issues with clipping.

On the same subject, you guys did a great job with the name tags, but I think they disappear too quick when you get close to another car.

In tight close racing, you may have a couple cars in front of you racing for position to get by the person in front of them. I can see the name tag on the guy out front, but not the guys behind him trying to get by. And looking at the position board, which can be hard to do in close racing, you can't tell who is who anyway, since they are side by side. I'd like to know who I'm following, and even more so when it comes to speedways, ovals, and drafting.

For example if the name tags disappear at 10 meters, then I think it should be 5 meters. It needs be lower some what, but not by much.

Other guys in my league mentioned the same thing, so I know it's not just me.

Jantlotus
06-10-2017, 07:56
As everyone else with trippel-screen setup, i also have this issue. Would be nice to get a fix asap on this. When they advertise the game as a 12K optimized, its weird that they didnt notice this problem before release. Maybe they didnt test the multiplayer function in this game then?

Fanapryde
06-10-2017, 08:44
As everyone else with trippel-screen setup, i also have this issue. Would be nice to get a fix asap on this. When they advertise the game as a 12K optimized, its weird that they didnt notice this problem before release. Maybe they didnt test the multiplayer function in this game then?
The issue is there in career mode too...

Jantlotus
11-10-2017, 17:22
It finally works as intended after update today...cheers!

F1_Racer68
11-10-2017, 17:24
It finally works as intended after update today...cheers!

Agreed. SO far it seems to be working on triple screens. Thanks for the fix.

faisalero
11-10-2017, 21:16
sweet gotta check it out after i download patch thank you for the fast fix :love_heart:

Maurice Boeschen
12-10-2017, 18:15
This is being flagged as [FIXED IN 2.0] which is sadly not the case, just ran a multiplayer session and the names were still flying all over the track...

Mahjik
12-10-2017, 18:26
I cannot verify it now, so maybe we need some people to specify the configurations to ensure everyone is testing the same thing. Having reports of it's fixed and reports that it's not is not going to help without digging a little deeper.

F1_Racer68
12-10-2017, 19:48
I cannot verify it now, so maybe we need some people to specify the configurations to ensure everyone is testing the same thing. Having reports of it's fixed and reports that it's not is not going to help without digging a little deeper.

I have tried the following:

Offline, QRW, Daytona, Mulitclass LMP2, GTE, GT3 - FIXED
Offline, QRW, Long Beach, Multiclass LMP2, GTE, GT3 - FIXED
Online, P2P Lobby, Long Beach, Multiclass LMP2, GTE, GT3 - FIXED
Online, Dedicated Server, Long Beach, Multiclass LMP2, GTE, GT3 - FIXED

System specs are in signature. Let me know if any other specific settings info is needed.

Maurice Boeschen
12-10-2017, 19:54
My race was a Rallycross race with 6 people, believe it was P2P server. Will test more tomorrow.

Fanapryde
12-10-2017, 20:12
Offline and career races show the name tags now.
I was also happy to see a checkered flag when crossing the finish line (starting cool down lap).
That is welcome fix for me :D

Stocky
12-10-2017, 21:20
The names still disappear too quick, IMO, by about 5-10 meters too soon.

At Daytona, you can't see the names of the ones you're drafting, and sometimes you can't even see the ones they are drafting.

faisalero
13-10-2017, 11:19
tested in both ML and SP and it seems to work but i wish that it doesn't disappear so fast especially when a car is close to you .

dam09fr
13-10-2017, 11:55
... i wish that it doesn't disappear so fast especially when a car is close to you .
+1 it's difficult to know who we are following

Maurice Boeschen
13-10-2017, 12:35
+1 it's difficult to know who we are following

Enable the relative hud element.

Stocky
13-10-2017, 14:59
Enable the relative hud element.

That doesn't help. When you are drafting behind 2 cars side by side, the relative hud tells you the 2 names of those guys, but you still can't tell which is which. Is that Joe on the right, or the left? Which one is ahead of the other?

The names need to not disappear so quick. 1 car length at most, not 2-3 car lengths as it is now.