PDA

View Full Version : OSW Direct Drive Wheel FFB Issue

sloracer
22-09-2017, 00:55
Anyone else having problems with a OSW? Setup took a little while, but I think I've got that under control; however the force feedback doesn't seem to be working properly. I've tried a few of the different settings (haven't tried the custom yet), but the feedback so far is way too weak.

Tronik
22-09-2017, 01:00
Can you share how you got it to read the OSW? I cannot get anything to work so far. No issues with Pcars1. Thanks

sloracer
22-09-2017, 01:40
Can you share how you got it to read the OSW? I cannot get anything to work so far. No issues with Pcars1. Thanks

Hmm, lets see. I chose the "custom" wheel then had to assign the inputs ("edit assignments"). I had some issues with getting it to recognize the steer right and left; not sure exactly what I did but after numerous tries it was set. After that I went back to the "Control scheme" and was able to calibrate the wheel (still a little offset though).

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 01:44
Are you using the RAW flavor for FFB?

sloracer
22-09-2017, 01:48
Yeah, I tried RAW along with the others... no difference. It feels like there is no feedback whatsoever.

indubious
22-09-2017, 02:02
Yeah, I tried RAW along with the others... no difference. It feels like there is no feedback whatsoever.

While I haven't actually driven many laps yet, I definitely get FFB on my OSW simucube version. Still running mmos here not the new thing. Everything default atm.

sloracer
22-09-2017, 02:21
It's odd because I have FFB/a fair amount of resistance in the wheel in the menu, but no feedback as soon as I'm in the game.

dkmanS
22-09-2017, 02:28
I use mmos too (gen2 osw) 63percent overall on mmos, 80percent strength in pcars2 and chose Immersive. Tried Ford GTE at Monza GP, All I can say is this is a great improvement. better than AC FFB for me here

dparry
22-09-2017, 02:30
I have the exact same issue. The wheel configures just fine in the menu and has plenty of resistance, but as soon as I enter the car it vanishes. Exiting to the menu returns FFB. Really odd. I have tried the various FFB settings, but nothing retains FFB when you enter the car.

finagle69
22-09-2017, 16:39
I'm using the new beta FW for my SimuCUBE OSW. Also have good FFB and the recon filter works well with it.

bomarfield
22-09-2017, 20:12
Same issue with OSW and FFB for me. Please try Jack Spade's settings:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

dpj463
22-09-2017, 20:25
I have been at this for over 5 hours now and STILL cannot get my DD to be recognized. I have tried custom, and every other stinking type of wheel and so far cannot get it to recognize the left or right movement in the wheel.
VERY fRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!
I got out of pc2 and loaded up pcars 1 and AC and Raceroom. They all still work fine.
Occasionally during trying to use the edit assignments, I will get the error message: "Multiple inputs detected, not assigned". I have disconnected all my other usb devices, pedals, shifters, button boxes etc. No help.
I have rebooted the computer several times.
Anybody got any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 20:43
I have been at this for over 5 hours now and STILL cannot get my DD to be recognized. I have tried custom, and every other stinking type of wheel and so far cannot get it to recognize the left or right movement in the wheel.

Try this... Enter a "Private Session/Practice" with any car or track. Once there, go into the Options menu and see if you can assign the steering axis right/left to your wheel from that location.

sloracer
22-09-2017, 23:55
Same issue with OSW and FFB for me. Please try Jack Spade's settings:

So far no luck with that either.

jonston
23-09-2017, 01:58
Ive got my MMOS up at 100. Raw flavour with effects and tone turned up. feels pretty good for me.

dparry
23-09-2017, 03:41
VERY fRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!
I got out of pc2 and loaded up pcars 1 and AC and Raceroom. They all still work fine.
Occasionally during trying to use the edit assignments, I will get the error message: "Multiple inputs detected, not assigned". I have disconnected all my other usb devices, pedals, shifters, button boxes etc. No help.
I have rebooted the computer several times.
Anybody got any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?

I finally got my OSW wheel to work by using the Fanatec CSW (not CSW v2 or CSW v2.5) setting. You might try this if you have not done so already.

I was then able to edit the assignments and calibrate the wheel. It seems to work quite well. have not yet tried Jack Spade's FFB.

sloracer
23-09-2017, 05:49
I finally got my OSW wheel to work by using the Fanatec CSW (not CSW v2 or CSW v2.5) setting. You might try this if you have not done so already.

I was then able to edit the assignments and calibrate the wheel. It seems to work quite well. have not yet tried Jack Spade's FFB.

Ahh, seems to be working for me (trying CSW v2 right now). I was under "custom" when it wasn't working.

Thanks for the help!

dpj463
23-09-2017, 12:02
Try this... Enter a "Private Session/Practice" with any car or track. Once there, go into the Options menu and see if you can assign the steering axis right/left to your wheel from that location.

I tried that and it worked. I had to enter the race and actually start the race. Then I paused and went back to the pit and selected options. At that point I was able to assign left and right movement for the wheel. Now that this is solved , I am getting absolutely NO FFB at all.

This IS REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Raysracing
22-12-2017, 12:25
I have been using the CSW trick since I got the game, but last night (12/20/2017) I was having a lot of problems with steering feel in the game so I decided to delete and start again and my OSW Small Mige, Ioni X Mmos14 wheel was detected, calibrated no problem under custom wheel (seperate pedals). I found stock ffb settins to be bland so I went with a Jack Spade file for DD (Not Alt one). Standard low DD or something like that.

What I found was that to detect my wheel I had to turn all the way to the end stop and then turn back for it to detect turn right and turn left. I was able to set the rotation to 900 no problem.

RaceNut
22-12-2017, 15:22
I tried that and it worked. I had to enter the race and actually start the race. Then I paused and went back to the pit and selected options. At that point I was able to assign left and right movement for the wheel. Now that this is solved , I am getting absolutely NO FFB at all.

This IS REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Are you running the SimuCube controller version? Some users have issues related to USB dropping out in certain cases.

boxster233
14-04-2018, 13:11
I'm having trouble with this. When I do the Fanatec CSW method to configure my OSW, it works, but then I can't get my TH8A to do anything. It's assigned, but when I go in game, it does not shift gears.

When I do custom, I configure the left axis, but when I go to right the force increases so much. Then I turn off forces with estop but then it says "multiple inputs detected. no controller assigned."

My button box hasn't arrived so I really need my TH8A to work.

Seelenkrank
14-04-2018, 13:44
reduce the force from the wheel in the software (Mmos? Simucube?)
after setup you can reset to the old settings.