PDA

View Full Version : Can't get triples to line up

Grantpoole
22-09-2017, 01:22
Anyone having trouble setting up triple monitors?
I've entered all the sizes angles and distance etc but once I get in game the right and left monitors are not even close to lining up and seem to be zoomed in about %30 more than the centre.
Any help would be really appreciated.

CyrealReeper
22-09-2017, 01:48
Anyone having trouble setting up triple monitors?
I've entered all the sizes angles and distance etc but once I get in game the right and left monitors are not even close to lining up and seem to be zoomed in about %30 more than the centre.
Any help would be really appreciated.

After a bit of tweaking I realized the monitor alignment doesn't seem to affect the menu's much. It's only in the car, or in the race for whatever camera you use. I lined mine up by switching between the triple screen config and a quick solo session using a Formula A cars mirrors to help make sure the vertical alignment was good. Also remember the settings for size are in centimeters and not inches.

Rastablastaa
22-09-2017, 04:20
I had to sit there with a tape measure and make a bunch of measurements (and calculate angles!-- had to pull out a scientific calculator!)-- thing seem to line up, but the cars appear oddly zoomed out or elongated-- like tunnel vision. Not sure if I did the angle calculation correctly. I'm using 5760 x 1080 and first started with what the FOV defaulted to: 129 degrees. That was VERY tunnel like. So I reduced it to 90, but that seems too little. Not sure what to set it to to make it seem natural.

The question I had about "offset angle" was do I measure the angle from parallel to the central monitor (Ie. from a horizontal line in plane with the monitor) or from a line going straight from me (ie. forward backward as opposed to side to side) and the side monitors? Any thoughts?
Thank you!

Satchel_Charge
22-09-2017, 04:39
I was wondering about this too. I landed on an even lower FOV (75 I think?) and have been moving the 'seat' rearward a bit in each car to compensate. The lower FOV is 'realistic' on my setup (monitors are quite close to my face and angled 50 or so degrees from the center screen) in the sense that I actually have to turn my head a bit to take tight corners. But I wonder if there is a more optimal way to get that effect without such a low FOV?

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 04:40
I'm using 5760 x 1080 and first started with what the FOV defaulted to: 129 degrees. That was VERY tunnel like. So I reduced it to 90, but that seems too little. Not sure what to set it to to make it seem natural.

For FOV, you can adjust it while sitting in the cockpit. By default, it uses the "[" and "]" keys. Just get into a car, and adjust it until it feels good. ;)

Grantpoole
22-09-2017, 05:38
well after a lot of tweaking I seem to have it sorted out.
I have some pretty interesting sizes and angles entered nothing like the actual size and angle of my monitors, but hey it works.
Pretty frustrating considering the same thing on iRacing took about 2 minutes

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 05:48
It might be calculated differently that iRacing.

Would be handy to get a Guide or image of what things are calculated and from where, for people to be able to set it up quickly.

ermo
22-09-2017, 07:12
For FOV, you can adjust it while sitting in the cockpit. By default, it uses the "[" and "]" keys. Just get into a car, and adjust it until it feels good. ;)

... If you have a UK or US keyboard layout that is (!)

Pliskinrob
22-10-2017, 23:22
well after a lot of tweaking I seem to have it sorted out.
I have some pretty interesting sizes and angles entered nothing like the actual size and angle of my monitors, but hey it works.
Pretty frustrating considering the same thing on iRacing took about 2 minutes

Is it possible to post your settings so I can get an idea of how to set my triples up?

Spent about 2 hours trying to do it yesterday with little luck.

Thanks

e270889o
22-10-2017, 23:43
I have problems with my right monitor. Different brands but same size (measured). But right monitor seems off. I have to set it 1cm less that it actually measure. Even then, its not completely aligned. Only the right monitor. Menus seems aligned thats the funny thing.

Other thing is that it only admit integer values. My height and bezels needs decimals to be accurate.

e270889o
22-10-2017, 23:58
Omg, I just test this program http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/monitor_info_view.html. It makes me realized that I measured my monitors wrong. I just put the same values that this program give me and every thing is aligned properly

Mahjik
23-10-2017, 00:12
Omg, I just test this program http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/monitor_info_view.html. It makes me realized that I measured my monitors wrong. I just put the same values that this program give me and every thing is aligned properly

What were your before & after values? I'm curious how you measured incorrectly...

e270889o
23-10-2017, 00:31
What were your before & after values? I'm curious how you measured incorrectly...

The problem was put the width value of my monitor WITH the bezels. Just watching the program makes me realize that I should put the visible measure only. My mistake.
IRacing makes you put the size WITH the bezel and then without bezel. But its well described. I think SMS should put a description about it.

Daynja
23-10-2017, 12:26

Good find.

Although , with some tinkering to the triple screen config tool , I got my monitors to line up, but the width and height were way off compared to the info the monitor viewer app reads. Will add the new values and see what it looks like.

jonston
07-11-2017, 08:33
After my fresh install of windows and the games, i have some alignment issues :( doesnt matter how much i play with the measurements it just does line up. it was never a problem before my fresh install. but its now appeared, my friend who runs triples has the exact same problem. is this a recognised bug? or is there an answer? please help.

My specs

Pro-simu 5 Motion platform
Custom Aluminium profile chassis
Logykal actuator covers
Recaro replica carbon seat
SimFai SF Pro-1 OSW Direct drive wheel
Simulateit sequential shifter
HE handbrake
DSD Button box
Rseat XL monitor stand(modified legs)
3 x BENQ XR3501 monitors
Oculus Rift

Intel i7 7700k
Gigabyte 1080ti Extreme graphics card
Asus Maximus z270 motherboard
Corsair 32gb DDR4
Corsair 1200ax PSU
Custom water loop cooler
2x 512mg m.2 ssd
Creative PCI-E sound card
Thermaltake wall mounted P5 case
Logitech z5500 speakers

Roger Prynne
07-11-2017, 09:44
So you are blaming the game for something that happened after a fresh install of Windows?
Don't you think you should look further than the game.

e270889o
07-11-2017, 12:39
What values are you introducing in the game?
Nvidia surround disabled right?

As seen in the manufacturer page the size is 499*853*206‎, so you should be introducing LESS than 50 in height and 85 in width. I say LESS cause this is the size WITH bezel. You should introduce values WITHOUT bezel, so you need to measure yourself your screen. Or use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/monitor_info_view.html.

If that fails, then is a problem with perspective with curve monitors, and some math must be made in order to find the equivalent to flat monitors

jonston
07-11-2017, 22:28
My apologies, after reading this thread. i re3alised what i was doing wrong. and its all fixed. i jumped to conclusions because my friends machine has an issue with the right screen and i read others havin ghte same problem.

Project cars 2 is the best game on earth, Ian bell please take more of my money.

Roger Prynne
07-11-2017, 22:30
What did you do to fix it? as it might help others in the same boat.