PDA

View Full Version : Can't get simvibe to work

dkmanS
22-09-2017, 02:31
Hello, Has anyone got simvibe working yet? I got my osw feeling great ffb and motion through simtools working great too. I am missing the kickers. Please share if anyone has got simvibe working. Thanks

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 02:40
I haven't tried with the final release build, but had SimVibe running fine with 2 shakers in Extension mode all through development.

I think SimVibe may need to be using PCARS V1 API at this stage.

But i will re-test after work today with the final release version of the game.

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 02:52
Hello, Has anyone got simvibe working yet? I got my osw feeling great ffb and motion through simtools working great too. I am missing the kickers. Please share if anyone has got simvibe working. Thanks

You need to make sure to "wait" on the correct executable. Depending on your CPU (i.e. listing your system specs ahead of time will help us, help you) you will need to wait on "pCARS2AVX.exe" or "pCARS2.exe". If your CPU supports AVX, then that is the executable to "wait" on in Sim Commander.

rolandk10
22-09-2017, 03:53
I haven't tried it in the final yet either but to expand on what was already said, in the game settings of sim commander, add pCARS2AVX.exe; pCARS2.exe to the "wait on" line for the pcars1 profile, start the game from steam then launch the simvibe pcars1 profile. It should connect to already running game. This is assuing of course you already have a pcars1 profile in there.

That's how I've been using it for months. Until they get a preset in there for pcars2, that should work.

hpiguy
22-09-2017, 04:10
Excellent, I was really missing SimVibe all night!!

dkmanS
22-09-2017, 14:29
You need to make sure to "wait" on the correct executable. Depending on your CPU (i.e. listing your system specs ahead of time will help us, help you) you will need to wait on "pCARS2AVX.exe" or "pCARS2.exe". If your CPU supports AVX, then that is the executable to "wait" on in Sim Commander.

I am currently using i7 7700k at stock clock, gtx1080ti on water. I'm on VR 100percent of the time with racing titles. Already have wait on "pCARS2AVX.exe" or "pCARS2.exe" before. I just left the parameters blank and point Game Exe to pCars2.exe, should I point Game Exe to steam as with pCars1?

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 14:31
I have the Game exe pointed to Steam.exe, and Wait on has pCARS2AVX.exe, pCARS2.exe

dkmanS
22-09-2017, 14:31
I haven't tried it in the final yet either but to expand on what was already said, in the game settings of sim commander, add pCARS2AVX.exe; pCARS2.exe to the "wait on" line for the pcars1 profile, start the game from steam then launch the simvibe pcars1 profile. It should connect to already running game. This is assuing of course you already have a pcars1 profile in there.

That's how I've been using it for months. Until they get a preset in there for pcars2, that should work.

Thanks, I will give that a try. Also read on simx forums and Bernie says there will be an update this weekend.

dkmanS
22-09-2017, 14:33
I have the Game exe pointed to Steam.exe, and Wait on has pCARS2AVX.exe, pCARS2.exe

I assume you just altered the Wait On in pCars1 profile? Meaning the parameters was left as is? I left them blank.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 14:35
I created a new Game Profile for PCARS 2 and left my PCARS 1 profile alone.

dkmanS
22-09-2017, 14:40
I created a new Game Profile for PCARS 2 and left my PCARS 1 profile alone.

Please share your Parameters if you have them filled. Also, do you use pCars1 API in shared memory? Thanks.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 14:43
Yeah, I am just using PCARS 1 Shared Memory setting, and I have UDP off.

hpiguy
23-09-2017, 03:02
I could not get this to work. The game launches as it should, but there is no output from simvibe. I enabled pcars 1 shared memory, and UDP off.

ELAhrairah
23-09-2017, 03:05
I got it to work but it crashes all the time. Not pcars2 fault. The guys at simexperience are bringing out a pcars2 plugin this weekend. I just hope it's stable!

bretto97
23-09-2017, 03:24
Hey guys thanks for this thread.
Could someone please do a step by step to get simvibe working in PC2?
I have the Game exe pointed to Steam.exe, and Wait on has pCARS2AVX.exe, pCARS2.exe but no go.
I start the game, then run simvibe. Its says game running..... but no effects?

I have simvibe working fine in PC1 and iracing.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 03:47
There is a menu item in the options screen, External data maybe?? I seem to remember its the 3rd white square option, Not VR Options, and Not "Triple screen setup", but whatever the 3rd one is.

In there you need to set shared Memory to "Project CARS 1", and I have UDP off, but i think i have had that on before too without issue. Not sure if the game needs a restart after enabling that, but couldn't hurt if you are having issues :)

That is all i have done and the settings in Simvibe as per my screenshot above.

I run VR mode, so i have to start the game from steam using the VR dropdown, and as soon as i hit that, i double click on my game icon in SimVibe, and i can see it loads and says the game is already running, which it is.

F1Aussie
23-09-2017, 04:07
I'm just gonna wait for the official simvibe functionality rather than go through all the stuffing around and frustration

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 04:11
I'm just gonna wait for the official simvibe functionality rather than go through all the stuffing around and frustration

If they have one coming out soon, then yeah, hopefully that will just work. We have been using the PCARS 1 through the development phase of PCARS 2 so people worked out how to get it going as we couldn't go that long without it running :)

But it really is just a copy of the PCARS 1 Profile and then the different EXE names to wait on, and PCARS 1 set as the shared memory output so it matches up.

bretto97
23-09-2017, 04:27
Thanks Morgan. I got it working with you advice.
PC2 is so much better with Simvibe now.
Mind if I share this on the iRacing forums?

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 04:30
Thanks Morgan. I got it working with you advice.
PC2 is so much better with Simvibe now.
Mind if I share this on the iRacing forums?

Go for it mate, I got the info off someone else initially too :)

hpiguy
23-09-2017, 04:53
I tried everything listed, and nothing works. I went and turned some laps in other sims to verify it wasn't an issue on my end, and they all work fine in SimVibe. Oh well, I did figure out how to get it to auto launch Pcars 2 in the Rift automatically from SimVibe, so at least there's that. Maybe I just overlooked something, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 05:21
I tried everything listed, and nothing works. I went and turned some laps in other sims to verify it wasn't an issue on my end, and they all work fine in SimVibe. Oh well, I did figure out how to get it to auto launch Pcars 2 in the Rift automatically from SimVibe, so at least there's that. Maybe I just overlooked something, I'll try it again tomorrow.

If you ALT-TAB from PC2, does Sim Commander show that it has connected?

hpiguy
23-09-2017, 05:59
If you ALT-TAB from PC2, does Sim Commander show that it has connected?

No, that was part of the problem. I also hadn't added anything in the output mixer, DERP! I still can't get it to autoconnect, but I can live with this until an official plugin is released. THIS is what I was missing, thanks everyone!

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 06:01
I didn't get it to Auto connect either, but I'm happy top launch it manually until they get official support up and running :)

ELAhrairah
24-09-2017, 22:09
It worked for me when I made the following adjustment:

Wait for: pcars2avx.exe

hpiguy
25-09-2017, 02:50
The official plugin dropped yesterday, and works perfect BTW.

Andrew_WOT
25-09-2017, 04:34
The official plugin dropped yesterday, and works perfect BTW.

Anybody getting feedback from rumble strips?

Andrew_WOT
25-09-2017, 04:49
Anybody getting feedback from rumble strips?

Never mind, seems like track dependent, some nice rumble on Oulton, not so much on Nurburing GP and Barcelona.:confused:

hpiguy
25-09-2017, 05:39
Not all kerbs are sawtoothed, some are just flat and featureless, keep that in mind.

Djinn
25-09-2017, 06:07
Copied over from Third Party Apps & API Discussion thread:

Yesterday I configured my SimVibe for pCARS2 (one Buttkicker under the seat).

I'm using engine vibration, gear shifts, road bumps and crashes.

It took a while to fine tune the volumes for every effect and I tried to remove clipping as much as possible.

After a few races I had the problem that the vibe-effects sometimes were missing completely. And then when I drove over a curb the Buttkicker suddenly got activated again (including engine vibration, gear shifts and so on). After a few hundered metres on track the effects were goneagain. I don't know if it's a problem of the game (maybe sometimes not sending telemetry data over the API) or a problem with Simvibe or my Buttkicker.

Has anyone experienced this too?

hpiguy
25-09-2017, 22:22
There is a bug in SimVibe where when you exit a race, there is a constant pulsing through simvibe. Does it with the unofficial method, and the official plugin.

dpj463
02-01-2018, 20:59
I am having problems with simvibe.
If you look at my signature, you will notice I have a LOT of devices hooked up. I don't know where to start in trouble shooting this issue.
Issue:
In both AC and PCARS2, after about 5 minutes of racing. I lose my steering and pedals and then the game hangs up. If I close simvibe, then restart the games, they work fine.

In one instance during a session of PC2, I had turned all modes off in simvibe. The game ran fine. I then turned on chassis mode and my throttle, in game, suddenly went to maximum. I had to close simvibe and PC2 to get fix it.

Is anyone else having this type of problems getting all your hardware and software to behave with each other?