PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] No sound Razer Kraken 7.1

martymoose
22-09-2017, 03:04
As the title states I get no audio using the Razer Kraken 7.1 headset. Works perfectly fine everywhere else and in audio options its selected as the audio device but have not heard any sound in the menu or in game.

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 03:23
As the title states I get no audio using the Razer Kraken 7.1 headset. Works perfectly fine everywhere else and in audio options its selected as the audio device but have not heard any sound in the menu or in game.

I happen to have the same headset and yesterday it failed on me. Ended up disconnecting, connecting and open PCARS2 once again and it worked. Windows screwed it up. I'm assuming you tried the basis already, right?

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 03:24
I believe in the Audio options menu you can switch devices on the fly.

Can you try switching away from this device and back to it, and see if that kicks it into action??

EDIT - Ninja'd :)

martymoose
22-09-2017, 03:46
I happen to have the same headset and yesterday it failed on me. Ended up disconnecting, connecting and open PCARS2 once again and it worked. Windows screwed it up. I'm assuming you tried the basis already, right?

Thanks I tried everything but disconnecting and reconnecting the USB. Will try that when I get home later. I tried updating razer drivers, rebooting, made sure it was default audio device and also tried disabling all other audio devices with no luck. Hopefully this works as its really the only thing I hadnt tried.

Switching between devices in the game menu had no effect and strangely even the ones I didabled where still coming up as options ingame so there could be something funky going with how the game deals with USB devices.

martymoose
22-09-2017, 08:28
I tried pulling and plugging the USB back with no effect, then tried pretty much everything I had already tried before. Was just about to give up on it with 45 minutes ingame spent just trying to get sound to work. I looked inside sound settings and by unchecking exclusive mode in advanced properties I got the sound to finally work.

As far as I know I never touched this and it was checked on by default, audio has worked in every other application but at least if someone else has such an issue its worth trying to see if my solution works for them.

martymoose
22-09-2017, 08:32
Ok so went back into game again and no sound, this is just stupid and no reason why it doesn't just work here like in any other application. I will give it a few more minutes then will simply get a refund as I have spent 45 minutes unable to even try the game due to it not playing any audio. :no:

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 08:38
Ok so went back into game again and no sound, this is just stupid and no reason why it doesn't just work here like in any other application. I will give it a few more minutes then will simply get a refund as I have spent 45 minutes unable to even try the game due to it not playing any audio. :no:

FRom your screenshot, it looks like the headset is only set as the "Default Communication Device", not the "Default Device". Try right clicking and setting it as the Default Device.

martymoose
22-09-2017, 08:49
FRom your screenshot, it looks like the headset is only set as the "Default Communication Device", not the "Default Device". Try right clicking and setting it as the Default Device.

Thanks I also noticed that as I think I was pulling USB in and out a few times, went back to default device still no sound.

Here is the device settings set as default device.

Here is the in game audio settings.

Sound works everywhere but in this game. :mad:

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 10:17
That is extremely odd....

Just out of curiosity, do those headphones have a 2.0 mode instead of 7.1 just to test if you can get anything coming through in the game??

I have onboard Realtek, Asus Xonar, a USB Scarlett interface, speakers built into my philips monitor and Oculus Rift headphones, and I can get the game audio through on all of them.

martymoose
22-09-2017, 11:28
I tried some other headphones connected to either of my monitors or the audio out on motherboard and it works. Switching between devices in game works as expected with normal headphones but even though the USB headset is recognized and working outside of the game it wont play audio in it. I will likely just get a refund as I am not going to get another headset and it works perfectly fine in every other application.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 11:33
Might be worth emailing Razer support and see if they have any ideas if it is limited to those Headphones??

And 1 last thing if you are keen to try, maybe just try turning off "enable Headphone Mix" in the game audio settings, and then restart the game and see if they work?

I honestly cant think of anything else that could be affecting this.

CoproManiac
22-09-2017, 11:46
I found some solutions, maybe worth a try.
-1. Start the application which produces sound
2. Open your Razer Synapse
3. Go to Mixer tab
4. Check whether it's muted. If muted, unmute.

-Try re-installing Synapse and re-run the configuration test.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2461831/razer-kraken-sound.html

martymoose
22-09-2017, 12:01
I found some solutions, maybe worth a try.
-1. Start the application which produces sound
2. Open your Razer Synapse
3. Go to Mixer tab
4. Check whether it's muted. If muted, unmute.

-Try re-installing Synapse and re-run the configuration test.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2461831/razer-kraken-sound.html

Thanks heaps this did the trick, after loading PC2 it muted in Razer mixer simply unmuting makes the headset work in game. This hasn't happened in any other game before but at least there is a workaround. Hopefully it doesnt mute itself each load but its not so hard to unmute and possibly there will be an update either by Razor or SMS that may fix what ever is causing this odd issue.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 12:03
The joys of PC Gaming - still wouldn't swap it for anything :)

Glad you finally got it going.

Can you just edit the first post and add [RESOLVED] to the start of the title so anyone else with the same issue knows where to find the fix.