PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer practice and qualifying disabled

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 06:10
Why are practice and qualifying disabled in multiplayer personally the only server i played in pcars 1 was Touristenfahrten and now i see on pcars 2 its not possible
will this be fixed anytime soon ?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 06:16
You can add Practice and Qualifying Session to your MP Session. They where not removed... Just a Thing of setting up correctly.

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 08:34
You can add Practice and Qualifying Session to your MP Session. They where not removed... Just a Thing of setting up correctly.

do you mind telling me how to setup practice since for me it just stays disabled and wont turn on

IJOJOI
22-09-2017, 16:34
Sure mate. In the race-settings on the right you klick on the Tab, and then switch them to YES.

However, this is not possible in Rally Cross, maybe that's why you weren't able to activate it ;)

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 18:13
Sure mate. In the race-settings on the right you klick on the Tab, and then switch them to YES.

However, this is not possible in Rally Cross, maybe that's why you weren't able to activate it ;)

Hahaha so funny, if that would've worked i wouldnt be complaining here the thing is that it WONT switch to Yes doesnt matter which track i pick

ironik
22-09-2017, 18:18
Hahaha so funny, if that would've worked i wouldnt be complaining here the thing is that it WONT switch to Yes doesnt matter which track i pick

We're trying to help you there, you should keep that in mind ;)
I'll try this a bit later, if I remember to do it though.

Krobo
22-09-2017, 18:28
How are you setting up the server ? with the in game hosting or on a ded? ..I have no issues at all setting up P & Q from the in game hosting feature ..

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 18:34
How are you setting up the server ? with the in game hosting or on a ded? ..I have no issues at all setting up P & Q from the in game hosting feature ..

with the ingame hosting since the ded just opens CMD window and nothing else

Diluvian
22-09-2017, 19:30
Pls tell us which track and car you've selected. As already said, as soon as you select a Rallycross or a Karting track you can't practice and qualify and thus there is no option to change the setting to "yes".

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 19:42
Pls tell us which track and car you've selected. As already said, as soon as you select a Rallycross or a Karting track you can't practice and qualify and thus there is no option to change the setting to "yes".

as i said it doesnt matter which track/car i select (my case Nurburgring/db11) it doesnt let me set practice to ON

wanted to post some screenshots but apparently i cant post links :confused:

ironik
22-09-2017, 19:47
as i said it doesnt matter which track/car i select (my case Nurburgring/db11) it doesnt let me set practice to ON

wanted to post some screenshots but apparently i cant post links :confused:

Here we go!
Nurburgring doesn't have pits so you can't set a practice session on it. Try the combined layout.

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 19:53
Here we go!
Nurburgring doesn't have pits so you can't set a practice session on it. Try the combined layout.

it did work on pcars 1 idk why they disabled that for pcars 2 at least they could've added touristenfahrten version

ironik
22-09-2017, 19:55
it did work on pcars 1 idk why they disabled that for pcars 2 at least they could've added touristenfahrten version

Is it working or not?
You're welcome mate ;)

Lavdi
22-09-2017, 20:02
Is it working or not?
You're welcome mate ;)

yes that did work thanks for the tips, but i cant join other sessions nor can people join mine

Diluvian
22-09-2017, 20:25
Currently there seem to be some steam related mp problems, I've heard that VAC secured servers don't make any issues but I don't know how to activate that for non dedicated servers and if that really is the solution.

Dedicated servers should work fine iirc.

Marc Wieneke
23-09-2017, 09:42
Here we go!

But for Nordschleife Industriefahrten (Brands Track Days etc.) the old paddock (pits) is used as other simulations do too and there is an alternative pitlane directly on the track. And for Nordschleife Touristenfahrten there is a big parking lot at the Touristenfahrten entry which works very good as a pit as other simulations using it too without problems.

"Nordschleife only" is mostly used without races for trackdays and tourists days. So I cannot understand your statement.

ironik
24-09-2017, 21:35
But for Nordschleife Industriefahrten (Brands Track Days etc.) the old paddock (pits) is used as other simulations do too and there is an alternative pitlane directly on the track. And for Nordschleife Touristenfahrten there is a big parking lot at the Touristenfahrten entry which works very good as a pit as other simulations using it too without problems.

"Nordschleife only" is mostly used without races for trackdays and tourists days. So I cannot understand your statement.

I'm not talking about real life or other sims :)
I agree that this would be great but that's not the case in pCARS 2 where the rule is : no pits, no practice and no qualifying.

m00lean
24-09-2017, 21:56
I'm not talking about real life or other sims :)
I agree that this would be great but that's not the case in pCARS 2 where the rule is : no pits, no practice and no qualifying.
There are pits on the Nordschleife - right where the exit from the GP course is. They where there in pcars1 as well. The "Touristenfahrten" servers were some of the most visited servers in pcars1. I really hope that this gets fixed soon.

satco1066
24-09-2017, 23:36
Yes there are the buildings of the pits and the entry, but that is not defined as pits in pCars2 anymore. So Nordschleife is pitless.
Unfortunately you have to select the combined layout.

m00lean
25-09-2017, 16:05
Wow. What a <offensive adjective> decision. There's still hope to see that track in a DLC, but I really don't understand the decision to effectively remove the track and make the most popular "Touristenfahrten" impossible.

satco1066
25-09-2017, 21:56
we are with you ;)
Maybe a license problem.

Flerbizky
27-09-2017, 17:53
I'm with thread starter. Pretty annoying you can't setup practice sessions and treat them as online trackdays. (From another Touristenfahrten driver)

goody_ffm
30-09-2017, 08:36
Isn't it a nordschleife problem?
Nürburgring combined is possible.
The 3 parts of nordschleife are point to point races, therefore not.
Maybe the nordschleife Race has a point to point underlay!?

Flerbizky
30-09-2017, 08:59
Isn't it a nordschleife problem?
Nürburgring combined is possible.
The 3 parts of nordschleife are point to point races, therefore not.
Maybe the nordschleife Race has a point to point underlay!?

No. The problem is, the pit area (even though it's modelled) is not designated in the code as pit area. As I doubt SMS re-designed the entire framework of the game and re-modelled everything, it's most likely only a matter of putting in a <Check> in the right tick-box.

clanky
30-09-2017, 15:40
No. The problem is, the pit area (even though it's modelled) is not designated in the code as pit area. As I doubt SMS re-designed the entire framework of the game and re-modelled everything, it's most likely only a matter of putting in a <Check> in the right tick-box.

Well I hope they let us use these pits in the future. Surely just an oversight? Guess we'll see.

TDS
02-10-2017, 04:09
would be great to have the tourist layout with practice only enabled, any plans for it to come?