PDA

View Full Version : T300RS FFB Deadzone

ozwheels
22-09-2017, 06:10
I have a FFB dead zone ,not steering, in the middle of the wheel while going down straights. It makes the car wander slightly and hard to place in braking zones. The FFB picks up quickly as you enter the corner but it's almost like there isn't any FFB while going straight. In pCars 1 there was a setting called Deadzone Removal Range that solved this exact problem. It's gone now and I can't find a FFB setting that removes the deadzone. Any ideas?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 06:13
DDR (Deadzone Removal wasn't necessary anymore on PC. (Still available within the Tweaker-File), but Perhaps it's needed for the Console?

Can you do me a favor and Post your FFB Settings?

ozwheels
22-09-2017, 06:30
Raw 40, 70, 50, 50 These are changing quite a bit while I fiddle with things. I tried a friend's settings where he had Raw 70, 70, 50, 50 and it seemed to help but it also made the wheel much heavier overall which was too heavy for my preference. The added weight didn't seem to remove the deadzone just make it less noticeable.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 06:38
Ok, please try Informative and add a bit of Volume on Top to give the Wheel a bit more Weight. Then Report Back if it's the same Problem....

Thank you

bmanic
22-09-2017, 06:55
Also note that it is very car specific. Some cars are simply "dead" while the wheel is centered while others can have tons of FFB coming through it. Extremes would be comparing vintage road car vs modern single seater / formula type car.

maxx69
22-09-2017, 13:43
Had a similar experience in the formula rookie with standard FFB settings other than gain turned down to 50% . On a T300 , PS4 .
Car was 'slack' in the center with a fair bit of play

ozwheels
22-09-2017, 20:45
DDR (Deadzone Removal wasn't necessary anymore on PC. (Still available within the Tweaker-File), but Perhaps it's needed for the Console?

Can you do me a favor and Post your FFB Settings?
I tried the different settings and they change the feel but not the deadzone. When I hit bumps while going straight I can feel all of those but there isn't any resistance to actually turning. It is especially noticeable on ovals.

Sampo
23-09-2017, 01:54
DRR is still there if you can edit the custom FFB file, but that doesn't work for consoles. I always thought that dropping that was a mistake. And it's still there for PC, but it has defaults for each supported wheel.