PDA

View Full Version : Pole to 12th?

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 07:01
Has anyone else come across this? Am I ignorant of a rule that puts me in last place for some reason?

Practice went well and I qualified P1 but the race starts and immediately I'm pushed into 12th. It's my first race in Career mode.

Check out this video at 1:35:40.

http://www.twitch.tv/jasonsandwich/v/176575982

I do a lap to see if it recognizes that I'm in first but it does not. Then I mess around, trying false starts, slow starts and other things I can think of. No matter what, it bumps me into last.

Stupid newbie? Bug? I played for quite a while and I'm bummed I couldn't finish my very first race.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 07:03
On which Version are you Playing? Don't know if Xbox (MS) allready has D1P applied...

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 07:37

I downloaded no patch today.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 07:38
Ok, thanks... Can you send me the Link to your Video via PM? I will integrate in your Post.

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 07:42
I sent a PM.
Am I using the latest version?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 07:45
Yes, you are on the latest available Version on Xbox.

Added the Link into your Post.

And yes, seems like a Bug... Did it happen again on another Track?

Forwarded it to the Devs...

TKMSte66
22-09-2017, 10:39
Yes, you are on the latest available Version on Xbox.

Added the Link into your Post.

And yes, seems like a Bug... Did it happen again on another Track?

Forwarded it to the Devs...

This is a known bug which has been mentioned several times in reviews so far. I dont understand why you and the devs are unaware of this............ just sayin

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 10:41
Because it didn't happen on PC during our Testing... Console Testing was not possible due MS/Sony... But it's forwarded, so a fix will come...

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 14:09
Does this only happen with my setup somehow or is all of career like this for everyone? If this is all of career, I'd consider it game breaking but I guess it'll force me to work on my license. :D

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 15:34
Well, I've got some good news and bad news.

I gave it another swing this morning before work and after rebooting the Xbox I dove right back into the race and I actually started in first and placing through the race was accurate. I was confused. I paused, restarted session near the end, and was again in pole on start and immediately in 12th after the green lights.

Turning off the game (quitting properly), starting it back up, and starting the race again kept me in the right position.

So...this seems to be a bug with either restarting (as I saw today) or maybe with the first race in general. Yesterday it was 12th from the first race where today it was 12th only after I restarted.

I managed to finish the race (I won!) and kept the points for my career. I'll give the second race a try when I get out of work.

For the record, this is Formula Rookie with lots of realism settings turned on including manual pitting. I'm on the Xbox One standard with a Thrustmaster TX.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 15:51
Ok, thanks for the Additional Infos.- Much appriciated :)

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 16:44
I forgot to reply to one of your questions. It only happened on Long Beach for me but it was also the only race I have attempted so far. It could be a track boundary/limit oddity but odd that it works after a clean game restart.

HotBBQfarts
22-09-2017, 23:51
Well, I've got some good news and bad news.

I gave it another swing this morning before work and after rebooting the Xbox I dove right back into the race and I actually started in first and placing through the race was accurate. I was confused. I paused, restarted session near the end, and was again in pole on start and immediately in 12th after the green lights.

Turning off the game (quitting properly), starting it back up, and starting the race again kept me in the right position.

So...this seems to be a bug with either restarting (as I saw today) or maybe with the first race in general. Yesterday it was 12th from the first race where today it was 12th only after I restarted.

I managed to finish the race (I won!) and kept the points for my career. I'll give the second race a try when I get out of work.

For the record, this is Formula Rookie with lots of realism settings turned on including manual pitting. I'm on the Xbox One standard with a Thrustmaster TX.

I am experiencing the same issue. It was driving me NUTS!

JasonSandwich
23-09-2017, 00:22
HotBBQfarts: Great user name. Were you doing formula rookie at Long Beach or was this somewhere else in a different car?

stevomcd
23-09-2017, 16:21
Yup!

PervasiveFall8
23-09-2017, 19:17
Adding to thread
This only happens for me on the factory drives.
Xbox one

Also odd car behavior while in pit garage doing setups

And AI had terrible line going into pit at COTA - they stay online to last minute and then cut across the track (where you would be if overtaking them while they are online)

Just pointing out items that should be worked on

donnyh83
23-09-2017, 19:56
I had the same thing happen to me on Xbox one as the original poster of this thread did. I qualified on pole and as soon as I left the line for the race, the position indicator went from first to 12th. For whatever reason something is making it seem like you are a lap down right at the start of the race.

BobTheDog
24-09-2017, 12:03
Same thing happening here as well when I use advance time or whatever it is called. After advance I was is 12th and the qualifying time was also wrong.

This is Donnington short, rookie car.

Qraw9
24-09-2017, 13:57
I am having the same problem on the first DirtFish Pro Rallycross race, I can only race in 5-6th place even though I'm actually in first??

Qraw9
24-09-2017, 14:05
HotBBQFarts is right, but you can't quick restart the race or else it happens again.

JasonSandwich
24-09-2017, 15:45
Qraw9: Restart the game completely. It'll remember where you qualified.