PDA

View Full Version : HDR on PC

Ir0n
22-09-2017, 07:45
As I noticed there is no HDR on PC available. Does anyone know if that will change and if so when? I thought it would be possible without problems, thinking about refunding my steam version now to get the game for PS4 Pro so I can utilize my 4K HDR TV, but would sacrifize on the resolution side and graphical fidelity by doing so.

P.S. I posted this in General first, but it fits here better imo. So the other thread can be deleted.

Ir0n
22-09-2017, 16:00
Anybody with information regarding this? Everywhere on the internet it says the game comes with HDR support, but I can't find anything in game nor does it start in HDR mode when the Windows setting is enabled.

Franco Ferrari
22-09-2017, 16:17
Everywhere on the internet it says the game comes with HDR support

I'm pretty sure it was referred to the PS4 version.
At the moment, as far as I know, there are only a handful of games that does HDR on PC.

Ir0n
22-09-2017, 17:21
Too bad. I thought PC2 would be among those few as SMS put so much focus on visual capabilities on PC. Also their marketing is misleading. Even nVidia mentions HDR capability and they have nothing to do with console versions.

AGmilky
23-09-2017, 02:19
Interestingly enough, Nvidia state in they article from two days ago:

"Project Cars 2 Races Onto The PC With Support For 4K, 12K, GameStream, HDR And VR" (headline)

Can't post a link, coz new user ^^

Would be nice to get an official statement.

Aldo Zampatti
23-09-2017, 03:05
Interestingly enough, Nvidia state in they article from two days ago:

"Project Cars 2 Races Onto The PC With Support For 4K, 12K, GameStream, HDR And VR" (headline)

Can't post a link, coz new user ^^

Would be nice to get an official statement.

AFAIK, nope, HDR wasn't on PC... might be a screw up from NVIDIA. I'll pass this on to confirm if I'm right or wrong

NaRP
10-10-2017, 05:58
Article Project Cars 2 in 4k...HDR link here https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/project-cars-2-4k-12k-surround-vr-support
(https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/project-cars-2-4k-12k-surround-vr-support)
Some Guys are OK to HDR in PC
Maybe read this article : https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/953777/sending-hdr-signal-from-gtx1070-to-tv/?offset=15

mbze430
08-11-2017, 06:46
up vote here for PC HDR. with the RTM 1709 Fall Creators Update I can play all HDR games if I leave the color settings to Auto or force it to go 4:2:2 10bit/12bit

Can't say the same about movies with MadVR.... but we are here to discuss HDR games... so yes please add HDR

solocapers
08-11-2017, 09:13
As I noticed there is no HDR on PC available. Does anyone know if that will change and if so when? I thought it would be possible without problems, thinking about refunding my steam version now to get the game for PS4 Pro so I can utilize my 4K HDR TV, but would sacrifize on the resolution side and graphical fidelity by doing so.

P.S. I posted this in General first, but it fits here better imo. So the other thread can be deleted.

To be honest, as a PS4 Pro player on a HDR TV I wouldn't really bother jumping ship just for this title.

The HDR implementation isnt particularly good compared to other games that ive got that support HDR. The difference between this and GT Sport in HDR at night is stark. It feels very muted and I honestly suspect that its a box ticking exercise more than anything.

I'll get flamed for saying this but forgetting about the polish and all that, play GT sport at night on a HDR TV and then play this.. the difference its huge.

In direct comparison to other games of other genres, colours are less vibrant (I suspect the textures arent fully in the rec 2020 range tbh) and dark scenes with bright spots don't have that 'pop' you see in other games.