PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Steering input weird for LMP3 car?

frostbytes89
22-09-2017, 08:07
Hey guys!

So I'm using a Fanatec wheel and pedals and I'm having a hard time steering. Getting the FFB to feel like a real car on the track has been a nightmare but that's another story. But particularly, steering the Ginetta LMP3 feels so weird. Let me try to explain. I daily drive a Focus RS. When I so much as touch the wheel that thing darts in that direction. I expect that an LMP3 car would be that way even more so?

I feel like I can turn the wheel about.. 30 degrees before the car actually starts to steer in that direction. Now, the wheel in game is a direct mirror of mine, I have no dead zone set. But it means I'm always turning in less than I need to be on a turn and it causes me to overshoot, or when I know I'm overshooting I'll turn in too much to compensate and end up over-steering.

Is this a driver problem or something I have set up weird? Is it supposed to feel a bit laggy on the turn in? I don't seem to have this problem on PC1.

konnos
22-09-2017, 08:16
Speed sensitivity too high?

frostbytes89
22-09-2017, 19:16
Speed sensitivity too high?

I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ESYLlNnk , did what she said, and now everything is perfect :)

konnos
22-09-2017, 20:29
Hm I don't know, I tried the speed sensitivity and disabled it immediately. I will maybe try it another time soon and see exactly how it works. I didn't like it on first try.