PDA

View Full Version : Bug: "Retiring, Insufficient Progress" right after pit exit

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 08:08
I was driving on the combined Nordschleife in a qualifying session. I spun out, let the car stand for a few seconds, and then used the "return to pit" function. Then, after driving out of the pits, I got the "retiring, insufficient progress" warning with the count-down and got sent back to the pits. I'm now stuck in this state and cannot get out of the pits without getting this warning and being sent back.

PS4 Pro fyi.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 08:11
Ok, seems like unlucky timing... The Insufficient Progress is for removing abadoned cars/players. It should Countdown then remove you from the Session.
It seems that you hit the Button exact in the moment where the Countdown was on 0.

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 08:21
The yellow "retiring" warning showed for the 1st time after I returned to the pits and drove out of the pits. I'll try to clarify the sequence of occurrences:

- Driving
- Spun out (including contact with wall warning)
- Waited a few seconds (no retiring warning shown yet)
- Returned to pits
- Exited pits, manual control, retiring warning with countdown shown
- Returned to pits
- Exited pits, manual control, retiring warning with countdown shown
- Returned to pits

Radimator
16-01-2018, 15:47
Yep, same on PC.

m00lean
16-01-2018, 16:15
This is a very common thing in longer sessions on dedicated servers.

If you get the message, it will always appear again until you relog. A workaround for this is to go off track 3-4 times to get rid of the message. After the 3rd or 4th time it will stay away.

poirqc
16-01-2018, 17:55
Yeah, got something similar on PC. The counter doesn't reset when you go in the pits. But after getting out of them, and driving on the track for a few seconds, the counter clear itself.

MaximusN
16-01-2018, 18:35
Yeah, got something similar on PC. The counter doesn't reset when you go in the pits. But after getting out of them, and driving on the track for a few seconds, the counter clear itself.
If you get that far. ;)

I think it restarts at the time you exited to the pits. So if you had 10s left, you have 10s to get out of the pits. And that can be a hassle, especially on auto mode. Which is also a bit flunky because your AI is VERY courteous to other cars(it doesn't dive into a gaping when other cars are exiting), while other AI cars drive onto the pitroad without looking(my AI driver has to brake and/or even fuses with the other car for a while).

Golfhacker27
16-01-2018, 19:36
The Insufficient Progress is for removing abadoned cars/players. It should Countdown then remove you from the Session.

And yet cars abandoned on the start line or anywhere on the track remain there for numerous laps.

Just another bug in a long list of bugs in this half-baked bugfest.

beatrunner
17-01-2018, 21:45
one very good example of this bug is at Le Mans. And this for sure is not only the case when the countdown for low progress is right at zero before you jump back to lobby. it can and do happen on my side also if im just leaving pits and start the lap and decide after the first few corners that i need to change something in the setup (u all know how u can spin if your setup suchs at those first sharp turns). i return to pits, change setup, start again...and then this thing (can) occur.

if you aren't able to go full speed and take the "rightmost lane to go out of pits" (not directly on track) you are able to overcome the "to low progress countdown"...but you could also just spin out because u try to go that fast .... and then u could be stucked with all this repeating over (leaving, trying to be fast enough)...

Sum Dixon-Ear
18-01-2018, 15:20
This happens repeatedly on historic Spa, while exiting the pits two players in our lobby kept getting the insufficient progress warnings and continually teleported back to our pit boxes after the timer ran down. We did find a workaround though, if we pulled over and stopped the cars immediately after passing the pit speed limit cones then the warning would disappear... then reappear after starting to drive again. The difference after pulling over was that the progress warning would just count down and expire with no actual consequences and we could continue as normal.

Nyreen
18-01-2018, 16:08
When I get this, I usually get rid of it by cutting the pit exit lane. Doesn't work everytime, though.