PDA

View Full Version : Bug: "Warning, slow down" on Nordschleife, GT3, Rain, Audi

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 08:13
I'm in a qualifying session on the combined Nürburgring/Nordschleife with a GT3 Audi in rainy weather, and I keep getting these "warning, slow down" messages in the fast uphill section between Bergwelt and Klostertal, even though I'm driving in the middle of the road, not even close to the curbs.

Maybe the RWD cars need to step off the throttle in this section, and the current implementation is expecting all drivers to do so? With the AWD Audi, I can just floor it.

Invincible
22-09-2017, 08:18
Maybe the RWD cars need to step off the throttle in this section, and the current implementation is expecting all drivers to do so? With the AWD Audi, I can just floor it.

I doubt that you're expected to slow down... and no GT3 car ever has an AWD system. They're all RWD. Sounds like somethings iffy. Is there a strong compression, so that your car might be clipping through the tracks for a split-second?

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 08:23
I don't remember the exact text, unfortunately, but it was one of those grey boxes from the race director. I'm pretty sure it said I'll be penalized if I don't slow down. So I slowed down a little and then the grey box disappeared again.

ironik
22-09-2017, 08:25
I don't remember the exact text, unfortunately, but it was one of those grey boxes from the race director. I'm pretty sure it said I'll be penalized if I don't slow down. So I slowed down a little and then the grey box disappeared again.

Actually the message doesn't appear right after you cut. The game is waiting a bit to see if you gain an advantage. So, basically if you cutted a corner just before a straight, the message should appear around the next corner.
Maybe it's this ?

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 08:27
Yes, I believe it's that type of warning.

However, I didn't cut any corners. :mad: I'm a real pussy when it comes to driving on the Nordschleife, especially in the wet with a car I'm not used to!

ironik
22-09-2017, 08:29
Yes, I believe it's that type of warning.

However, I didn't cut any corners. :mad: I'm a real pussy when it comes to driving on the Nordschleife, especially in the wet with a car I'm not used to!

When I say "cut" I mean going a bit off track (more than the half of the car outside curb)

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 08:37
Maybe a kilometer before the point at which I get the warning, but definitely not the preceding 3 apexes, if you can call those light bends in that section of the Nordschleife that.

ironik
22-09-2017, 08:40
Maybe a kilometer before the point at which I get the warning, but definitely not the preceding 3 apexes, if you can call those light bends in that section of the Nordschleife that.

I don't deny it's a bug but it's worth testing again, if you don't mind. Maybe make a video of this ?