PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Pro - Fanatec GT2 Wheel - Will not show in game.

dannydizzal
22-09-2017, 09:05
Followed the same process as I would in PC1, of switching Wheel into PS4 mode prior to launching game, When launching the game the wheel will not go into Ps4 mode can cannot see in game. Help!

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 09:24
The GT2 is not supported on the PS4 anymore man.
You'll either need a ChronusMax or a new wheel if you want to play this game I'm afraid.

I'm guessing you haven't played AC on the PS4 either?

dannydizzal
22-09-2017, 09:45
The GT2 is not supported on the PS4 anymore man.
You'll either need a ChronusMax or a new wheel if you want to play this game I'm afraid.

I'm guessing you haven't played AC on the PS4 either?

No I have been just playing PC1. This is a stupid situation. I looked in the FAQ's for months and couldn't find a list of the support devices. Now get the game and it doesn't work with my setup. Joke.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 09:55
Well not much that SMS can do here... Sonys and Microsofts overly strictiv lincensing for Wheels is the culprint...

solocapers
22-09-2017, 15:02
Well not much that SMS can do here... Sonys and Microsofts overly strictiv lincensing for Wheels is the culprint...

Thats not strictly true though. It's up to Devs to support unlicensed devices as per Sony's documentation.

Hence why some wheels that are unlicensed on ps4 since day 1 work with games when the dev explicitly supports it.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/#sect5
"
Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with the PS4 system?
Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game."

See: wheels that worked with pcars 1 (thrustmaster t100) now receive no support in the sequel. Thats nothing to do with sonys licencing that's sms not supporting the specific devices anymore.

Thats why the thrustmaster t500 works. That's unlicensed for ps4 but works because sms support it in this game. You'll note that doesn't have the licencing chip that everyone keeps banging on about but still works.

Stop blaming Sony completely as sms can support unlicensed devices on a device by device basis. It's appaling that SMS have dropped support for devices that they did support on the same console 2 years earlier. Nothing has changed on Sony's side in those 2 years.

zr1chris
22-09-2017, 15:35
Time to get a Drivehub. I'm using one with my PWTS which is almost the same wheel you have and it's working great for me!

CPS-3
23-09-2017, 21:12
No I have been just playing PC1. This is a stupid situation. I looked in the FAQ's for months and couldn't find a list of the support devices. Now get the game and it doesn't work with my setup. Joke.

If You Googled for project Cars 2 supported wheels You would have known the answer. So You havent look good enough. And it is not the GT2 that is not supported but the CSW v2-2.5