PDA

View Full Version : Penalties / contact warnings

zimbarbaluba
22-09-2017, 09:27
What is other people's experience of these so far, especially online?

I was in a race this morning at Laguna Seca when I got rear ended from behind at the corkscrew and I was sent completely off track into the wall. For that, I received a warning for contact from the race director which didn't seem fair considering I was minding my own business at the time!

If things like this are going to affect the license/ranking etc it's going to be a nightmare.

Shepard2603
22-09-2017, 09:38
This has been brought up in development, but as the system cannot detect who is responsible for the contact (you could easily just floor the brakes to let someone run into you e.g.), both cars get the warning/penalty. In real life you have the Stewards to look into this, but this is not replicable on PC or console.

zimbarbaluba
22-09-2017, 10:47
Thanks for the response. That makes sense to stop people brake checking all the time I suppose. The more immersive these games become, the more glaringly obvious something like this is when it doesn't feel right!

ZulfoDK
23-09-2017, 13:20
Yeah - getting warned for contact when getting rear-ended happens a lot. Have had people using me as "breaks" - they obviously feels that hitting me in a corner, slows them down faster than breaking themselves :)

Riverside
23-09-2017, 15:05
Nah... it needs A LOT of work... if a troll comes and rams you disabling your car and you have to retire because the car is done, it drops your license score more than 30pts; on the other hand, if you complete a 10 lap race finishing 11 out of 20, it increases your rating 1 point! really???

So, you will have to become an alien just to pay for stupidity of someone else

May stop using pc2 just because of that, because without custom offline championships and dumb rating system you are stuck in the middle

btw, how do use online championships? have not seen one yet

jojo1960
23-09-2017, 20:43
wtf is this..... i was racing and got knocked by several players and after race -26 points, my father raced too and had 1, this system is great mind but it doesn't work properly, people are losing points because it is not working and there are situations where you just hit car, because when other car crossed your line sometimes you cant react quickly and hit him (not hard but hit him)

Hope this system will be reset because we lost several points for nothing and least played circuit will be Azure Circuit

Can someone tell me what is with this system and which steps are planned to make it right? Haven't spent 80 euros on non-working game, hope you will not screw it like Project Cars 1

Thank you very much

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 20:58
btw, how do use online championships? have not seen one yet

They are not in yet. They will come with a patch later.

CodeCmdr
23-09-2017, 21:34
wtf is this..... i was racing and got knocked by several players and after race -26 points, my father raced too and had 1, this system is great mind but it doesn't work properly, people are losing points...

I'd recommend just focusing on your safety rating (U, F, ..., A, S) - that's what says whether you're driving like a pro or a drunkard. Once enough players have an appropriate safety rating, it should be easy to filter out high-risk players.

My strategy: don't qualify, let everyone overtake you at the start, let the n00bs and drunkards crash out in the first lap, and then start pushing.

Greeb69
12-12-2017, 20:01
I'd recommend just focusing on your safety rating (U, F, ..., A, S) - that's what says whether you're driving like a pro or a drunkard. Once enough players have an appropriate safety rating, it should be easy to filter out high-risk players.

My strategy: don't qualify, let everyone overtake you at the start, let the n00bs and drunkards crash out in the first lap, and then start pushing.

That seems to be the best statagy. Although some of the front runners get away and you can never catch them affecting your other points.

beatrunner
12-12-2017, 20:50
go read in the "ranking thread" about what affects what. your skillrating is only calculated at the end of the race. your finishing position is what counts..
so the "advice" to better not quali and start from behind is rubbish. i did exactly the opposite (over 120 races online in gt3) and you can read right here what happend to my rating: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51891-Rating-System&p=1445922&viewfull=1#post1445922

but ofcourse you really need to be a fast starter and driver to overcome the U-E-F-lobbie-syndroms (crashing at start etc..)...