PDA

View Full Version : T300RS connected to USB hub is not recognized by Project Cars 2

Jarek160
22-09-2017, 11:12
Hi everyone. I am enjoing the game very mutch but have one major issue. My T300RS does not work in Project Cars 2 when it is connected via USB Hub( powered one) to my PS4 Pro. Game just does not see the wheel at all. When I plug the wheel directly to a console it works fine. Please fix this.

Trans-Girl
22-09-2017, 13:52
Thrustmaster do not recommend the use of a hub, their recommendation is to plug directly into the PS4..

Diablo944
22-09-2017, 15:24
I have my t300 and th8a (also a button box on pcars 1, though currently not working on pcars 2) running through a hub and its working fine. If anything its the hub you are using rather than 'hub support' so in reality there is nothing to fix there beyond the hardware you are using.
My sony bluetooth headset has a dongle and the external hard drive takes up another usb. All in all, its about time sony stopped short changing us on usb ports, especially when their headphones 'need' a usb dongle.

gufazi
22-09-2017, 15:33
I wish I could get mine to work, period.

So are you guys on disc or digital? Is your wheel the latest firmware (25)? Shifter plugged in to wheel or PS4 directly?

I'm trying to narrow down the problem...

Jarek160
22-09-2017, 17:55
All other racing games work fine with my USB hub. Even Project Cars 1. So I say it IS Project Cars 2 bug.

Trans-Girl
22-09-2017, 19:14
All other racing games work fine with my USB hub. Even Project Cars 1. So I say it IS Project Cars 2 bug.

why don't you just plug it into the ps4?

Jarek160
22-09-2017, 19:56
Coz I have a sim rig an my cables are tied up on it.

superdry
22-09-2017, 21:17
I can use a hub with PCars1, allowing me to run T150, TH8A plus my Bluetooth Sony PS headset which needs a dongle plugged in.

Now....I can't. Backwards step. Not a hardware issue as it's fine with PCars1. Invested in wheel, shifter, t3pa (for the clutch pedal) and now can't use them all. Nice work....

TheJuzzy
22-09-2017, 23:09
Like someone said earlier, it is not recommended to run what ever wheel through a hub , I have a hub however it's plugged in to the rear usb port of my ps4 pro. I have never ran my wheel through a hub because it's not recommended.

goeiste
23-09-2017, 05:53
Hi Gufazi,

In PC1 i already had my T500RS and the shifter on a non-powered hub and that worked fine. Now inPC2 i had the problem that PC2 didn't see my T500RS unless i unplugged and replugged the usb hub (Steer and shifter), but than the buttons worked but i didn't had FFB. Then i found this tip:

3 Steps:

1. Use the T500 on the left USB-Port of your PS4; it won't work on the right
2. Don't connect a shifter or other aditional hardware. If you use a shifter and T500 you can't confirm with "X" at the starting screen, so have the shifter unplugged.
3. If you want to use a shifter or other additional hardware plug it in after you confirmed with "X" on the wheel at the starting screen.

And what do you think, it works. Also the shifter after re-connecting it.

Glovesman
23-09-2017, 14:21
Hi everyone. I am enjoing the game very mutch but have one major issue. My T300RS does not work in Project Cars 2 when it is connected via USB Hub( powered one) to my PS4 Pro. Game just does not see the wheel at all. When I plug the wheel directly to a console it works fine. Please fix this.

I had this problem when my shifter was plugged into the usb hub at the same time. I connected the shifter directly into the wheel base and can now use the wheel through the hub as normal.

Jarek160
24-09-2017, 19:03
Thank you. My shifter was also connected via USB. After plugging it to the wheel - USB hub works. :D

Diablo944
25-09-2017, 02:24
I wish I could get mine to work, period.

So are you guys on disc or digital? Is your wheel the latest firmware (25)? Shifter plugged in to wheel or PS4 directly?

I'm trying to narrow down the problem...

All working fine (with generic hub that is NOT externally powered).
Game is on disc.
Firmware was last updated/checked on the wheel when I bought it which is around the time pcars 1 was released.
Shifter is connected to the wheels base unit.
Additional items connected to the hub are a button box (not working on pcars 2 obviously, but working fine with pcars1), bluetooth dongle for sonys own gaming headphones, 2Tb external drive (no external power, takes its draw from the ps4). One charge cable for game/headphones.

All work just fine with no issues (apart from button box as mentioned).