PDA

View Full Version : FFB lost when going to the dashboard

oscarolim
22-09-2017, 11:23
This is a bug that already exists on PC1 and was never fixed (and doesn't happen in other games).

If you go to the xbox dash and return to the game, you lose the wheel's FFB and need to restart the wheel, and sometimes, the game.

JasonSandwich
22-09-2017, 16:41
This might be a TX or an XBox thing. I have the TX base with the same pedals and this happens in Forza 6, Horizon 3, Project CARS 1, and it sounds like it will happen in Project CARS 2. I think that either the XBox has trouble restarting the FFB when the game is reactivated or the TX specifically might have some issues.

oscarolim
22-09-2017, 19:47
In my particular case, the only games where this has happened was Project Cars 1, and now Project Cars 2. Both on an original fat black and the S Gears Of War edition.

Other games I use the wheel include Assetto Corsa, F1 2015, F1 2016, F1 2017, FM5, FM6, FH2, FH3, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Sebastian Loeb, WRC 5 (I think you start seeing a pattern here :p) and in neither of them have I ever lost FFB for opening the dash (or guide, depending how you want to call it).

FIA
23-09-2017, 06:34
Yes seen this today in game after going to setting going back to the race from pause screen
all feedback gone..

Mon Pavion
25-09-2017, 21:39
I have the thrustmaster 458 Italia edition and i lose ffb between every race. Turning the wheel off and on again fixes it for me but have not had this problem with any other game.

bluesky0870
25-09-2017, 22:08
I have the thrustmaster 458 Italia edition and i lose ffb between every race. Turning the wheel off and on again fixes it for me but have not had this problem with any other game.

The same here with the TMX wheel. Everytime after saving and/or renaming a car setup and going back on track the FFB completely is gone. It can be turned with one finger then.
Have to unplug the USB wire, to reconnect and wait for the auto calibration and then FFB is back.

transfix
25-09-2017, 22:20
I wonder if this is isolated to Thrustmaster as I can't replicate this with Fanatec setup.