PDA

View Full Version : Mouse cursor disappearing in game on menus in VR

ashasha
22-09-2017, 11:26
Obviously I just installed the game last night....anyway it seems that the mouse is behind a layer or almost between menus or something because I can move and see that focus will highlight some options, but it won't always allow me to click on an item and there are some options that I can't navigate to (like the back button).

Any ideas?

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 12:06
i've had the same issue - it seems to come and go but I've not worked out what triggers it yet

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 12:07
Is there something else running that is taking focus on the monitor, but not shown in the headset??

Also @ashasha are you running Vive or Oculus, just incase its only limited to one headset??

Tony Rickard
22-09-2017, 12:28
Have you turned autogaze off in the VR settings? I find manual works the best for me.

Mad Al
22-09-2017, 13:20
Obviously I just installed the game last night....anyway it seems that the mouse is behind a layer or almost between menus or something because I can move and see that focus will highlight some options, but it won't always allow me to click on an item and there are some options that I can't navigate to (like the back button).

Any ideas?

What resolution are you running at and are you running windowed or full screen.

Note, right mouse works as back in the menus

Personal pref, I use gaze but in manual mode, so just look at whatever and press the go button on wheel/controller

ashasha
23-09-2017, 04:16
Yeah, it's pretty irritating.

So I tried regular and windowed modes...no difference.
I'm running at 1080p for the monitor
I'm using the Rift
I disabled gaze, but it was doing it with it on auto and manual if I recall correctly
As far as something else taking focus, that does seem to make some sense, but if I look at the monitor I can see the cursor on the screen, it's just in the headset that it's missing.

ironik
23-09-2017, 04:40
The mouse pointer is disappearing with every settings but, if you select gaze ="manual", the mouse pointer should come back when you move the mouse.
It's not with gaze=off.

zebbedi
23-09-2017, 09:16
I had this problem too, and I think I solved it by going in to SteamVR settings and unticking 'SteamVR Status window always on top'.

For me it kept doing it when selecting 'Start Race' which is near the bottom where the SteamVR window normally resides. It was only intermittent though and never had to worry about that setting before in other games.

rosko
23-09-2017, 09:26
I had this problem & it was caused by another problem, my wheel was not recentering in the menu despite have menu spring setup.

Gloomy
23-09-2017, 09:58
Same here, using oculus. Not using steam vr. I turned the gaze thing off because that was just annoying me. The cursor shows on my monitor, it's just invisible in the rift.

sofad
25-09-2017, 23:07
Same here, using oculus. Not using steam vr. I turned the gaze thing off because that was just annoying me. The cursor shows on my monitor, it's just invisible in the rift.

exact the same here.

GTsimms
25-09-2017, 23:10
I have the issue, but it's random. I have learned, how to use the headset to select through the menus. It is slower, but I will add it to our bug list!

sofad
26-09-2017, 00:21
some more observations on this issue...

the mousecursor stays as long, as i donīt recenter the HMD (via a defined button on my wheel), or pressing a key on my keyboard.

surtic86
26-09-2017, 06:17
Would be good to have a Option to Turn it off but still have the normal Mouse Cursor. My Main Problem with the Auto or Manual Setting is that when i Switch out of the Window and do Something on my Desktop (TeamSpeak/OBS/Chat) the Mouse gets crazy in the Right Conor till i Switch back to pCars Windows. So it looks like the Headset is Focusing it after some Time again.

GTsimms
26-09-2017, 12:09
Would be good to have a Option to Turn it off but still have the normal Mouse Cursor. My Main Problem with the Auto or Manual Setting is that when i Switch out of the Window and do Something on my Desktop (TeamSpeak/OBS/Chat) the Mouse gets crazy in the Right Conor till i Switch back to pCars Windows. So it looks like the Headset is Focusing it after some Time again.

The is a way in the menu! Under VR settings GAZE control!

Tony Rickard
26-09-2017, 12:45
The is a way in the menu! Under VR settings GAZE control!The issue is the mouse cursor disappears too!

GTsimms
26-09-2017, 13:08
The issue is the mouse cursor disappears too!

It happens, but for me it has been random. That's is where I used the headset for a workaround until restarting the game! I added, it to the list of bugs yesterday!

surtic86
26-09-2017, 14:33
The is a way in the menu! Under VR settings GAZE control!

Read again my Description... i talked about the Auto and Manual Mode.... but when i have this on my Mouse go crazy when i Tab out of the Game. And the Option Off is working for it but then i have no Mouse InGame what is also not the best practice on PC.

Chin
26-09-2017, 16:06
It happens, but for me it has been random. That's is where I used the headset for a workaround until restarting the game! I added, it to the list of bugs yesterday!

Glad you added it (even though they know about it). This happens 100% of the time for me...cannot turn gaze off and I hate the feature.

surtic86
27-09-2017, 05:12
Video from the Mouse getting catch from the Game after some Seconds when i do something on the Desktop. The Settings are on Manuel.
https://youtu.be/bCqDmmhu-14

jim jonez
27-09-2017, 10:48
My mouse tends to go crazy if my wheel is not straighten...worth checking your wheel is straight when in menu....

surtic86
27-09-2017, 13:04

My Wheel is straight i have turned it on before the i Start Project Cars so it's centered. The Problem is the VR HMD when it's try to get the focus Point. You see in my Video on the left Side before the Mouse get crazy thats there is a new Circle with a Point in the Middle.

Ceolmor
04-10-2017, 04:11
Video from the Mouse getting catch from the Game after some Seconds when i do something on the Desktop. The Settings are on Manuel.

I am having the exact same problem with Rift. My mouse goes crazy and gets stuck in the top left corner of the screen. Moving the headset makes no difference.

FPSNige
04-10-2017, 05:49
I have e this issue as well, a quick stab alt+tab brings it back. It seems to me the cursor is moving out of the boundaries then it's lost focus on the game.