PDA

View Full Version : Can't downloaded dedicated server with Anonymous steam account

elitegameservers
22-09-2017, 11:50
We should be able to download and update the dedicated server from steam with the anaonymous user account, as per the userguide of the dedicated server.

However doing this results in an error message

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...
OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '413770' (No subscription)

Could this be fixed, so that the anonymous user has access to the dedicated server on steam?

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 12:35
Probably outdated userguide. Anonymous login download doesn't work because the app is only available to game holders.

dam09fr
22-09-2017, 12:45
Not working even with SteamId account : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51554-Linux-PCars-2-Dedicated-Server-does-not-install-properly

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 12:49
Also reported HERE (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51554-Linux-PCars-2-Dedicated-Server-does-not-install-properly) not working with Linux either using steam id etc.

PS - I just downloaded it via the Steam Client on my Media PC (Windows) and it installed and appears to have started up without issue.

elitegameservers
22-09-2017, 13:28
Probably outdated userguide. Anonymous login download doesn't work because the app is only available to game holders.
How is the guide already outdated? The game was released today..
Besides we do own the game, but we can't risk using that account to automatically updated the dedicated server with batch scripts.

I think it's an oversight of the person managing the products on steam. Project Cars 1 also had/has it's dedicated server available for anonymous steam accounts.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 13:33
How is the guide already outdated? The game was released today..
Besides we do own the game, but we can't risk using that account to automatically updated the dedicated server with batch scripts.

I think it's an oversight of the person managing the products on steam. Project Cars 1 also had/has it's dedicated server available for anonymous steam accounts.

The guide was made during development so that people testing with the dedicated server knew how to configure it.

As to whether it is an oversight or not, that I can not answer.