PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] G25 not being detected yet works in other racing games...

Kaerar
22-09-2017, 11:58
Loving the short time I've had with the game, however can't get the game to register my G25 even with the G25 profile.

I use Fanatec CSv2 pedals too, which can be assigned via the Assignments tab, but can't get the wheel to register at all. Profiler on or off before someone asks ;)

Specs are in my sig.

If there's any way to get this wheel to be detected I'm all ears :)

EDIT: Windows was to blame all along. G25 now works fine with the Fanatec Clubsport v2 pedals.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 12:16
try, Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options

Roger Prynne
22-09-2017, 12:44
Just for your information but my G25 works OK straight out of the box.

Visceral_Syn
22-09-2017, 13:03
Just for your information but my G25 works OK straight out of the box.
I second this, my G-25 works flawlessly.

Kaerar
22-09-2017, 14:12
Well that's all fun and games, however mine isn't working and is kinda frustrating. I'll be doing a re-install of Windows soon anyway with a new PC, however that's not really much of a solution. Unless something in Windows truly broke then it would be :D

Ah well good to hear at least a couple of G25 users aren't in pain :)

try, Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options
Already done.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 14:15
Will the G25 wheel register and assign correctly with the Fanatec Pedals disconnected??

Sankyo
22-09-2017, 14:20
Loving the short time I've had with the game, however can't get the game to register my G25 even with the G25 profile.

I use Fanatec CSv2 pedals too, which can be assigned via the Assignments tab, but can't get the wheel to register at all. Profiler on or off before someone asks ;)

Specs are in my sig.

If there's any way to get this wheel to be detected I'm all ears :)
Could you disconnect the 360 pad and see if that makes a difference?

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 14:24
Also one of the other threads someone with an OSW wheel couldnt set the assignments in the main menu, but when they started a race, then paused and went into the menus, they were able to assign the wheel then.

Might be worth a shot.

Mad Al
22-09-2017, 14:29
Is the Logitech profiler still started with PC2 if not already running.. so turning it off may not actually stop it coming up (I haven't personally run the profiler for years!)

Kaerar
22-09-2017, 16:20
Tested with and without Xbox pad connected, tested with profiler active and disabled, though not disabled after game is running. It could be related to a power cut yesterday though which has made my mouse software unable to interface with the mouse for some reason, even after re-installing the driver.

Only way to find out is to do a clean install of Windows and that's going to have to wait until 2mo.

BTW good to cya again Remco :)
I think you'll like the new rig details I have to add ;)

@Morgan, will give that OSW trick a go.

Wagnard
22-09-2017, 16:27
I have the same issue (G25), did all the steam stuff and it's not working correctly.
The only I made partial success is to change the option in the Logitek setting that say Combine pedals.
But with this the Clutch isnt recognized correctly within the game.

Why the hell did project car 1 work perfectly and now this break everything... i'm close to a refund just because of this...

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 16:43
I'm running G25 here too without any issues.
I made a clean Windows install 2 days ago with drivers and everything. The ONLY thing I've done differently, is closing the Logitech Profiler. Game detects the wheel and configures itself. IF this fails, I would recommend selecting other controller (like keyboard), close the game, re-launch it and select the G25 once again to force an overwrite of the controller.

Please give it a shot and reply back.

thanks

Kaerar
22-09-2017, 16:48
I'll give it a go, just tested it in iRacing and it works flawlessly, as well as the pedals. So yeah Windows installing can get tedious :D

EDIT: Tried the force other controller option. It didn't work. Oh well back to getting Windows ready to install ;)

Kaerar
22-09-2017, 20:40
Aha, Windows was indeed to blame. Must have been the power cut yesterday. Clean install allowed the game to pick it up just fine. Now it's 6.40am, I should probably get some sleep :D

Roger Prynne
22-09-2017, 23:13
Aha, Windows was indeed to blame. Must have been the power cut yesterday. Clean install allowed the game to pick it up just fine. Now it's 6.40am, I should probably get some sleep :D

Glad you got it sorted, forget sleep as it's overrated, get some track time in instead :biggrin-new:

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 23:14
Sleep during pit stops :)

Aldo Zampatti
23-09-2017, 00:14
Morgan is right... why sleeping now? :) Glad you solved it!

Wagnard
26-09-2017, 01:04
Just wanted to say that I fixed my issue with the G25 not working by erasing C:\Users\"Your user name"\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder.

Glad I didn't re-installed Windows. SO it's the game having an issue with it's config file.