PDA

View Full Version : Crewchief

Pages : [1] 2

bigal1000
22-09-2017, 13:36
Will the Crew Chief app work with PC2, I really like it works very good............

AbeWoz
22-09-2017, 13:38
http://thecrewchief.org/forum.php

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 13:51
yes, it works very well. I've fixed a couple of minor annoyances this morning, the app is working properly with PCars2 using the PCars1 data format

SharpEyez
22-09-2017, 14:52
yes, it works very well. I've fixed a couple of minor annoyances this morning, the app is working properly with PCars2 using the PCars1 data format

for me it keeps saying "initializing"

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 14:54
that suggests it's recognised the process (pcars2avx.exe or whatever) and is unable to see the shared memory file. Do you have shared memory enabled in the game options? There's a separate options menu in game for 3rd party apps

SharpEyez
22-09-2017, 15:00
that suggests it's recognised the process (pcars2avx.exe or whatever) and is unable to see the shared memory file. Do you have shared memory enabled in the game options? There's a separate options menu in game for 3rd party apps

it wasn't but it is now, just wonder if I should use project cars 1 or 2?
And should I select UDP or not?

Edit:
NVM solved it had to select pCars in CrewChief and select Project Cars 1 for shared memory.

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 15:04
i tested with pcars1 and pcars2 mode for shared memory and the results were the same - I don't think pcars2 mode does anything at the moment.

There are issues with pcars1 shared memory mode *and* pcars1 UDP mode, but they're different issues. Shared memory has missing data (no opponent car classes and no opponent lap times). So the UDP data is more complete, but some of the UDP data is inaccurate when it comes to session transitions so the app sometimes misses session end and stuff. I generally use shared memory because I rarely race multi-class events. UDP is probably (slightly) better over all.

I'm hoping for some improvements for PCars2 mode when it appears but there doesn't seem to be anyone to talk to about it

Trippul G
22-09-2017, 15:13
yes, it works very well.

...unless you're playing on console, that is...as UDP options for some reason failed to make it into the current build. Hopefully that will be patched sooner rather than later. I miss my Crew Chief.

SharpEyez
22-09-2017, 15:13
i tested with pcars1 and pcars2 mode for shared memory and the results were the same - I don't think pcars2 mode does anything at the moment.

There are issues with pcars1 shared memory mode *and* pcars1 UDP mode, but they're different issues. Shared memory has missing data (no opponent car classes and no opponent lap times). So the UDP data is more complete, but some of the UDP data is inaccurate when it comes to session transitions so the app sometimes misses session end and stuff. I generally use shared memory because I rarely race multi-class events. UDP is probably (slightly) better over all.

I'm hoping for some improvements for PCars2 mode when it appears but there doesn't seem to be anyone to talk to about it

Tried to get in touch with a dev?

If you tell me what kind of dev you need for your question or help I might give it a try over at the WMD forum.

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 15:17
Not sure who to ask - there don't seem to be any devs around at the moment, but Tim Mann was the main guy for PCars1 UDP. I'd like to see the PCars2 format so I can start porting my app to it

bigal1000
22-09-2017, 15:25
Thanks it works fine .................

SharpEyez
22-09-2017, 15:29
Not sure who to ask - there don't seem to be any devs around at the moment, but Tim Mann was the main guy for PCars1 UDP. I'd like to see the PCars2 format so I can start porting my app to it

Created a topic over at the WMD forum. Hope it'll draw attention and you'll get the right dev to help you out. :)

RC-5PO
22-09-2017, 16:53
Am I missing where to adjust UDP options on the console or is it really not in the game?

Javaniceday
22-09-2017, 17:21
I just tried it today, it works with the new update, using the pCARS2 profile on the CrewChief App (it wasn't working yesterday)

CrewChief is still the best spotter/crewchief voice on any game I've played.

Trippul G
22-09-2017, 17:44
Am I missing where to adjust UDP options on the console or is it really not in the game?

It's really not there. From what I can gather, this was an oversight on the part of the devs, and will be present in a future patch.

RC-5PO
22-09-2017, 17:47
It's really not there. From what I can gather, this was an oversight on the part of the devs, and will be present in a future patch.

Has anyone acknowledged this issue?

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 17:48
Don't think so

RC-5PO
22-09-2017, 18:00
Don't think so

Hopefully someone sees this. Some of my favorite parts of PC1 were running Crew Chief and a dash app on my tablet while playing.

Roger Prynne
22-09-2017, 18:28
The Devs are fully aware of the missing API/UDP options and are on the case.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51149-ANSWERED-Is-PCARS-2-going-to-have-dashboard-apps-again&p=1357318&viewfull=1#post1357318

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 18:30
Cool, so is this official confirmation that the missing UDP option will be reinstated in the console versions?

g33k hack3rs
22-09-2017, 18:40
Great to see Crew Chief will be available for pcars2.

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 18:44
It's not "will be", it "is currently" available. It works for the PC version and is just waiting for the missing UDP option to be added to the console version of PCars2

g33k hack3rs
22-09-2017, 18:55
It's not "will be", it "is currently" available. It works for the PC version and is just waiting for the missing UDP option to be added to the console version of PCars2

Got an update last night and it wasn't there so my statement might've been worded incorrectly. Thanks for the quick reply as I didn't realize it is already available.

Roger Prynne
22-09-2017, 19:29
Cool, so is this official confirmation that the missing UDP option will be reinstated in the console versions?

Yes mate.

SharpEyez
23-09-2017, 08:47

Just to give you a heads up, my topic over at the WMD forum has been replied with by Bruno (QA Team) and passed this to the right person to help you out!

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 14:32
thanks for taking time to mention and get a answer about consoles and UDP for us, guys.

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 11:21
Wanted to get back on this app as it was marvelous but it seems the app is recognized alsmot none of my questions... Don't know what to do to make it work better.

mr_belowski
24-09-2017, 11:52
The voice recognition hasn't changed for ages. There are more phrases it listens for, which can affect the accuracy (as there are more possible hits) but overall this should be a very minor difference.

Has your microphone setup changed at all?

Roger Prynne
24-09-2017, 11:53
What UDP or Shared Memory settings are you using?

mr_belowski
24-09-2017, 12:05
The shared memory and UDP settings shouldn't affect speech recognition

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 12:31
I haven't changed my microphone. But some software added some others. But the default one is the one on my headphones. Anyway, reducing the confidence to 0.2 makes it works ok-ish. But still the "spot / don't spot" doesn't work at all. And even if i'm not english native, spot word shouldn't be hard to recognize :/

Anyway, I hope the soft gets updated with pC2 UDP, as it's really nice ! Using it with a VR headset is incredible :p One thing that makes me still use a very light HUD is the cut-track penalty system with race control wanting me to reduce speed. If that stuff is on the pC2 UDP, it would be perfect it could be added into Crew Chief. Would get me rid of the whole interface :)

mr_belowski
24-09-2017, 12:46
Hopefully the pcars 2 API includes all this cool stuff.
The logic and sound recordings for it are all in the app so there's loads of scope for improvements if the data are available

CXR PhilGDUK
24-09-2017, 12:48
Cannot wait for the UDP and Crew Chief to work on Xbox One, I feel naked driving without them! Great job on Crew Chief btw.

Ramjet
26-09-2017, 14:05
Does CrewChief work with Shared Memory setting at pCars2 also ? Those of us with AccuForce wheels or using Simvibe via SimCommander4 software have to now set Shared memory to pCars2 to work.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 14:13
Yes it should.

mr_belowski
26-09-2017, 14:44
Should it? If crew chief works with pcars2 shared memory this means it must be the same as the pcars1 shared memory, which was my understanding. So how come simvibe doesn't work when you run it in pcars1 mode? Aren't they exactly the same?

Ramjet
26-09-2017, 23:28
I thought it was different because simxperience just released an update for the Accufforce wheel and told us we must now enable pCars2 shared memory, for it to work. I would assume that effects simvibe being same software sc4. Did not try crewchief yet that is why I asked.

Dynomight Motorsports
28-09-2017, 17:48
Love the Crew Chief, can't wait to get him working on Console. I need his Positive Fucking bits of Insight. Having my name on there is big plus too!

Zenzic
28-09-2017, 21:53
I need his Positive Fucking bits of Insight.

You're talking about the "pearls of wisdom". "Apexes and exits, Jerry, apexes and exits!" :D Man, I miss this app.

Roger Prynne
28-09-2017, 22:31
Love the Crew Chief, can't wait to get him working on Console. I need his Positive Fucking bits of Insight. Having my name on there is big plus too!

Watch your language please.

brettcee
28-09-2017, 22:55
How does one go about getting a name added to Crew Chief?

ZulfoDK
29-09-2017, 20:58

I was wondering if the data contained any weather informations that could be added?

Would be great if you could ask about weather changes coming up...

Dynomight Motorsports
29-09-2017, 21:50
Watch your language please.

Sorry Roger, just illustrating the awesome scale-able swearing of my Crew Chief!

Ramjet
30-09-2017, 11:25
I finally got to try CrewChief with pC2 but I cannot get it working using Shared Memory as pCars2 ... did anyone have it working like that ?

BullWinkle
30-09-2017, 12:26
I finally got to try CrewChief with pC2 but I cannot get it working using Shared Memory as pCars2 ... did anyone have it working like that ?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51574-Crewchief&p=1357710&viewfull=1#post1357710

Ramjet
01-10-2017, 00:48
Thanks Bullwinkle but I already knew that, my problem is that I must run in Shared Memory pCars2 option instead of pCars1, for my Accuforce wheel to work properly, it only got updated from simxperience simcommander4 software last week.

So I guess unless or until Crewchief has some update to use the shared mem 2 option it is a no go for Accuforce users.
No worries and thanks for the input anyway. cheers markb :)

ZulfoDK
01-10-2017, 07:55
Thanks Bullwinkle but I already knew that, my problem is that I must run in Shared Memory pCars2 option instead of pCars1, for my Accuforce wheel to work properly, it only got updated from simxperience simcommander4 software last week.

So I guess unless or until Crewchief has some update to use the shared mem 2 option it is a no go for Accuforce users.
No worries and thanks for the input anyway. cheers markb :)

I'm using Shared Memory with Project Cars 2 protocol, SimVibe and Crew Chief - so it does work...

mr_belowski
01-10-2017, 15:53
shared memory in pCARS 2 mode outputs (last time I checked) *exactly* the same data as in pCARS 1 mode, so Crew Chief shouldn't care which is selected

Ramjet
02-10-2017, 03:35
Thanks guys I am not sure what I had done wrong but after a reboot and checked all the settings again it is now working, appreciate the advice, cheers :)

ZulfoDK
02-10-2017, 04:28
shared memory in pCARS 2 mode outputs (last time I checked) *exactly* the same data as in pCARS 1 mode, so Crew Chief shouldn't care which is selected

I have asked in another thread, but will try here too - are there any chance that weather-reports could be implemented, or does the data not contain information about weather?

mr_belowski
02-10-2017, 11:47
If the data is made available crew chief will use it. I would like to contribute to the format and content of the new shared memory / UDP data but it seems that SMS have their hands very full at the moment. So we'll all have to wait and see

ZulfoDK
02-10-2017, 15:43
If the data is made available crew chief will use it. I would like to contribute to the format and content of the new shared memory / UDP data but it seems that SMS have their hands very full at the moment. So we'll all have to wait and see

Ah, okay - I guess it's not availanle in the shared memory / UDP data of PC1.

Lets hope that more data is available in PC2 ;)

Gix916
02-10-2017, 20:06
with the extra spotter voices would it be possible to use different ones like the ingame one does - ie American @ American tracks?

would it be possible to have an option to turn off the negativity? I'd prefer my crewcheif to offer words of encouragement not disparaging comments. I have had to make him shut up a few times when things aren't going my way.

does the crewcheif report positions and gaps based only on your class in a multiclass race.

jimortality
03-10-2017, 00:30
I can't get it to work, I've tried all the different pcars but I'm doing something basically wrong, I can feel it in my water.

doodleco
03-10-2017, 10:40
Talk about immersion, I got so focused that I tried to start an argument with the engineer after he complained that I was last! For a second I thought he would actually respond but then I remembered it wasn't real. It would be great if voice recognition could pick up on me insulting it and respond with a calm down message.

This program has really brought life to the game, great job.

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 13:23
Talk about immersion, I got so focused that I tried to start an argument with the engineer after he complained that I was last! For a second I thought he would actually respond but then I remembered it wasn't real. It would be great if voice recognition could pick up on me insulting it and respond with a calm down message.

This program has really brought life to the game, great job.

I fired up PCARS1 last night, and ran Crew Chief while doing the current community event. I really miss his info and words of encouragement. Stiggy isn't bad in PC2, but I can't talk to him! lol. Really looking forward to getting UDP back again on consoles.

freeon
04-10-2017, 13:22

Were do I enable shared memory. Look for it in the game last night and couldn't find it.

Zenzic
04-10-2017, 15:18
^ Shared memory is a PC only feature. We, PS4 players, have to wait for the first patch before we can use UDP apps again.

freeon
05-10-2017, 15:24
^ Shared memory is a PC only feature. We, PS4 players, have to wait for the first patch before we can use UDP apps again.

I am on PC and I finally found where to change the setting. And I have to say this is awesome:D.

Paradyski
10-10-2017, 10:03
Thanks Mr Belowski

Zenzic
11-10-2017, 19:23
First and foremost: I'm chuffed I can have this app running again while racing! It's incredible how much immersion this adds! :D

It's probably a bit premature since we've just gained UDP support again, but it seems there's a bug with how Crewchief interprets a planned visit to the pits. When I request a pit stop via ICM, or get a black flag (mandatory pit stop due to issue with car deemed dangerous), Crewchief warns me incorrectly I've received a drive through penalty.

senfsenfsenf
11-10-2017, 20:11
When I request a pit stop via ICM, or get a black flag (mandatory pit stop due to issue with car deemed dangerous), Crewchief warns me incorrectly I've received a drive through penalty. Can confirm this.

thevilleky
16-10-2017, 01:53
Awesome app. Great job. I usually race with a wheel but didn't drag it out. Used the controller just to test functionality. Got a nice laugh when I finished last and my crew chief said "well that was a waste of fuk!ng time" just so great. I also liked the colorful language when I did manage to make a pass. Thanks for making the language optional. All around if you play pc2 you have to get this app!

I have the turtle beach wireless headset and I just plug my phone into the headset. Blends perfectly with the in game audio. Sounds like it's part of the game which is just unbelievably cool.

Gloomy
16-10-2017, 02:06
Wow, just discovered this app. Fantastic! Thanks so much, adds a whole new level to the game.
Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working at first, had to set my primary audio to the rift.

Mascot
16-10-2017, 08:15
Cross-post from another forum:

Here's an excellent way to get Crew Chief to come through a headset while keeping the main game audio fed from your TV or amp:

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?125-Routing-game-audio-to-a-different-output-device

Totally transforms Crew Chief for me as I can now actually hear the engineer and spotter over my engine. Plus, it's pretty damn cool having CC piped directly into your 'helmet' like a real racing driver. The new spotter voice choices are great too.

Works like a dream with the Rift's built-in headphones.

Mascot
18-10-2017, 07:20
Cross-post from another forum:

Here's an excellent way to get Crew Chief to come through a headset while keeping the main game audio fed from your TV or amp:

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?125-Routing-game-audio-to-a-different-output-device

Totally transforms Crew Chief for me as I can now actually hear the engineer and spotter over my engine. Plus, it's pretty damn cool having CC piped directly into your 'helmet' like a real racing driver. The new spotter voice choices are great too.

Works like a dream with the Rift's built-in headphones.

Further to the above, I seem to lose 5.1 surround sound of the on-track audio when doing this audio routing, and CC comes through the headset incredibly loudly with the volume slider in the CC control panel having no effect.

Any ideas Mr B?

Edit: no idea why it was doing this, but it's all good now.
Phew.

Maskmagog
20-10-2017, 18:01
What an incredible app! I'm in awe of the smart programming, great voices, and it's really useful. Magic! It ups the immersion level with 100%, so big thanks.

One small detail: I've been hit by other cars a few times, invalidating my lap times, and Crew Chief told me to respect the white lines. Small misinterpretation, it seems.

I'm not really missing anything, but I'm still hoping PC2 format includes some new info/data for Crew Chief.

Youngbumpy
20-10-2017, 23:27
How is the chief heard through your tv or phone

FInroDz
23-10-2017, 07:19
Ps4 Pro and Android app. Works perfectly on PC1. I tried everything after patch 2.0, but no chance to work properly. App starts, but no signals at all. Menu into the game is correctly set (udp port and PC1). Zero packets on the app screen.

I tried differents udp ports, reset app configuration. Nothing has changed.

mr_belowski
23-10-2017, 12:52
that's strange. Nothing has changed at all? Are you sure? Because I've not had any other reports of patch 2.0 breaking the app for Ps4 users

FInroDz
23-10-2017, 20:51
that's strange. Nothing has changed at all? Are you sure? Because I've not had any other reports of patch 2.0 breaking the app for Ps4 users

Solved. I have changed wifi options on ps4

Skev
25-10-2017, 12:04
Anyone use Crewchief in their Rift?
I'm finding that the Rifts mic output is too low for it to be recognised in game. I'm using Audacity to check the levels and have played around with the mic volume both in Windows and Oculus home, which are both set to 100%.
There is no microphone boost for the Rift mic in Windows, but have checked the AGC checkbox, but still no dice.

This is clearly an issue with the Rift, but keen to hear other peoples experiences.

Mascot
25-10-2017, 13:48
Anyone use Crewchief in their Rift?
I'm finding that the Rifts mic output is too low for it to be recognised in game. I'm using Audacity to check the levels and have played around with the mic volume both in Windows and Oculus home, which are both set to 100%.
There is no microphone boost for the Rift mic in Windows, but have checked the AGC checkbox, but still no dice.

This is clearly an issue with the Rift, but keen to hear other peoples experiences.

I use Crew Chief audio through my Rift earphones and direct the game audio to my 5.1 amp via Audiorouter (see my posts above). This makes a huge difference to the clarity of the messages from the race engineer and the spotter, and feels a lot more immersive. I don't think I've tried voice commands since getting the Rift though. Is all of your audio coming through the headset (game AND Crew Chief)? I can imagine my set-up giving me problems with spoken commands into the mic as my background noise is always set high, but if your room is quiet then it shouldn't be a problem.

mr_belowski
25-10-2017, 13:50
The Vive mic is utterly hopeless but CC voice recognition works fine with it. Not sure why (or even 'how') the Rift mic would be any worse.

Not sure if it's the same for Rift, but on Vive I have to activate SteamVR (which starts up the Vive), *then* change the default sound recording device in Windows to be the Vive's USB Mic, *then* start Crew Chief

binarywarrior
25-10-2017, 14:09
I don't know if this has been requested previously:

Basically crew chief saved my ass in so many races where I forgot how many laps the race is going to be (hopefully SMS will patch this soon). 25% of the time crew chief will tell me in the race ready screen how many laps race is, would it be possible for it to tell me 100% of the time :).

Many thanks for this app and the amazing amount of updates you make, whilst I'm here.

Skev
25-10-2017, 21:21
I use Crew Chief audio through my Rift earphones and direct the game audio to my 5.1 amp via Audiorouter (see my posts above). This makes a huge difference to the clarity of the messages from the race engineer and the spotter, and feels a lot more immersive. I don't think I've tried voice commands since getting the Rift though. Is all of your audio coming through the headset (game AND Crew Chief)? I can imagine my set-up giving me problems with spoken commands into the mic as my background noise is always set high, but if your room is quiet then it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah all audio coming through the Rift. Audio coming out of another device makes sense, but with a wife a child close by, not really feasible.
Crewchief works fine outside of game, but I guess the low volume from the Rift mic and the sound during game is distorting things. Clearly the output from the Rift mic is too low. Gutted

AEIDOLONE
26-10-2017, 23:43
Thanks mr_belowski for this great program. I also bought the android app. But on the very first run of the app I encounter this glitch (very obvious) where the crew chief's always says: "Checkered flag - P1" before the begin of the race on the START RACE screen just after loading Time Trails and Custom Race (other modes I didn't tried) without touching anything of the controls.

Is this a know glitch, or is it only me? But he says that every time...

EDIT: I set all the report frequencies to 10, and PRAC. QUAL, and RACE sector reports after every sector, all other is DEFAULT.

Mascot
29-10-2017, 15:10
Yeah all audio coming through the Rift. Audio coming out of another device makes sense, but with a wife a child close by, not really feasible.
Crewchief works fine outside of game, but I guess the low volume from the Rift mic and the sound during game is distorting things. Clearly the output from the Rift mic is too low. Gutted

I tried spoken instructions today and it worked fine with my Rift, and that's with VERY loud background engine noise from my amp/5.1 setup. CC heard everything I said and responded accordingly. Maybe the mic is fubar on your HMD?

Which reminds me: Mr B, is there an updated list of accepted voice commands anywhere?

Edit: is this the up-to-date list?

"how's my [fuel / tyre wear / body work / aero / engine / transmission / suspension / pace ]"
"how are my [tyre temps / tyre temperatures / brakes / brake temps / brake temperatures / engine temps / engine temperatures]"
"what's my [gap in front / gap ahead / gap behind / last lap / last lap time / lap time / position / fuel level]"
"keep quiet / I know what I'm doing / leave me alone" (switches off messages)
"keep me informed / keep me posted / keep me updated" (switches messages back on)
"how long's left / how many laps are left / how many laps to go"
"spot / don't spot" (switches the spotter on and off - note even in "leave me alone" mode the spotter still operates unless you explicitly switch it off)
"do I still have a penalty / do I have a penalty / have I served my penalty"
"do I have to pit / do I need to pit / do I have a mandatory pit stop / do I have a mandatory stop / do I have to make a pit stop"
"where's [opponent driver last name]"
"what's [opponent driver last name]'s last lap"
"what's [opponent driver last name]'s best lap"
"what's [opponent race position]'s last lap" (for example, "what's p 4's best lap", or "what's position 4's last lap")
"what's [opponent race position]'s best lap"
"what's [the car in front / the guy in front / the car ahead / the guy ahead]'s last lap"
"what's [the car in front / the guy in front / the car ahead / the guy ahead]'s best lap"
"what's [the car behind / the guy behind]'s last lap"
"what's [the car behind / the guy behind]'s best lap"
"what are my sector times"
"what's my last sector time"
"who's leading" (this one only works if you have the driver name recording for the lead car)
"who's [ahead / ahead in the race / in front / in front in the race / behind / behind in the race]" (gives the name of the car in front / behind in the race or on the timing sheet for qual / practice. This one only works if you have the driver name recording for that driver)
"who's [ahead on track / in front on track / behind on track]" (gives the name of the car in front / behind in on track, regardless of his race / qual position. This one only works if you have the driver name recording for that driver)
"tell me the gaps / give me the gaps / tell me the deltas / give me the deltas" (switch on 'deltas' mode where the time deltas in front and behind get read out on each lap. Note that these messages will play even if you have disabled messages)
"don't tell me the gaps / don't tell me the deltas / no more gaps / no more deltas" (switch off deltas mode)
"repeat last message / say again" (replays the last message)
"What's the air temp / what's the air temperature / what's the track temp / what's the track temperature" (current air / track temps in celsius)
"What are my [brake / tyre] temps"

I must admit that earlier today I did ask Crew Chief:

Why did the chicken cross the road?
What is the meaning of life?
Is there a God?
Where is Lord Lucan?
What's your favourite colour?

ZulfoDK
29-10-2017, 15:28
Why did the chicken cross the road?
What is the meaning of life?
Is there a God?
Where is Lord Lucan?
What's your favourite colour?

I keep thanking my Crew Chief, but he just replies with a "Didn't get that"...

Would be nice if he understood "Thanks" or "Thank you", and also when he tells me I'm not doing well, it woulde be nice to be able to talk back at him, Raikkonen style..

Just a little more interactivity would be great, not that it's going to turn into a chat...

mr_belowski
29-10-2017, 16:13
that list of voice commands is a little out of date - I'll update it when I've finished implementing the new PCars2 API :)

I can add a couple of additional voice recognition things to make the app a bit more conversational but I need to be careful here - each voice command I add makes the grammar larger so the speech recognition engine has a larger search space, and is more likely to make errors. Adding a couple won't make much difference, but adding a load of possible versions of "thankyou" or "yeah yeah, stop nagging" and so on might be a problem

ZulfoDK
29-10-2017, 19:44
that list of voice commands is a little out of date - I'll update it when I've finished implementing the new PCars2 API :)

I can add a couple of additional voice recognition things to make the app a bit more conversational but I need to be careful here - each voice command I add makes the grammar larger so the speech recognition engine has a larger search space, and is more likely to make errors. Adding a couple won't make much difference, but adding a load of possible versions of "thankyou" or "yeah yeah, stop nagging" and so on might be a problem

Sounds great - doesn't need a lot to be more engaging, I think just a few phrases would be enough.

I know that adding more adds to the likeliness of mistakes - I learned that when doing Voice Attack for Elite Dangerous...

Just promoted Crew Chief on GamerMuscles youtube stream :)

AEIDOLONE
29-10-2017, 22:45
Thanks mr_belowski for this great program. I also bought the android app. But on the very first run of the app I encounter this glitch (very obvious) where the crew chief's always says: "Checkered flag - P1" before the begin of the race on the START RACE screen just after loading Time Trails and Custom Race (other modes I didn't tried) without touching anything of the controls.

Is this a know glitch, or is it only me? But he says that every time...

EDIT: I set all the report frequencies to 10, and PRAC. QUAL, and RACE sector reports after every sector, all other is DEFAULT.

:confused:

OctoberDusk06
30-10-2017, 09:49
First off, I have loved your app since it became available for PC1. It's a stroke of genius. SMS should have hired you. Anyway, the only niggle I have (was playing IndyCar at Watkins) is that Crew Chief says "black flag" every time I go off road or have a spin w/ damage. I tried disabling the yellow flags hoping that would do it, but no luck. I use UDP on xbox, set to PC1 and #3. Thanks for any help.

mr_belowski
30-10-2017, 10:01
i've got my head down implementing the pcars2 UDP and MMF stuff at the moment - will check the status of these issues as I test it thought, so hopefully they'll disappear

Zenzic
30-10-2017, 10:13
Thanks for all the efforts, Mr B!

It's not a biggy, but right now the app interprets a pit request as a drive through penalty. Quite funny how the guy in my ear says "Ah f**k..." whenever I want to change tires. :D

ZulfoDK
30-10-2017, 14:31
i've got my head down implementing the pcars2 UDP and MMF stuff at the moment - will check the status of these issues as I test it thought, so hopefully they'll disappear

Great Work!!

mr_belowski
31-10-2017, 09:26
this drive through penalty stuff is actually a bug in the game. In pcars1 mode the game sends a pitScheduleMode value, which is 0 for 'none', 1 for 'pit requested', 2 for 'drive through' and 3 for 'stop-go'. This is correct in the shared memory, but in UDP mode it's sending 2 instead of 1 for 'pit requested'. Any changes I make here to accommodate pcars2 bugs will break backwards compatibility with pcars1. When running in UDP mode the app has no way of knowing whether it's connected to pcars1 or pcars2.

The only thing I can do is to disable penalties and pit stuff for UDP until the pcars2 UDP format and output (which SMS are still working on) is complete.

The inappropriate session end message is caused by another small change in the UDP data when running pcars2 in pcars1 mode - I think this may be fixable without breaking pcars1 backwards compatibility

Zenzic
31-10-2017, 09:40
The only thing I can do is to disable penalties and pit stuff for UDP until the pcars2 UDP format and output (which SMS are still working on) is complete.

Personally I'd rather you keep all functionality as it is. I can live with it. :)

mr_belowski
31-10-2017, 09:47
i'm leaning towards disabling the drive through and stop-go messages actually. These aren't that common anyway, and if they're triggering when they shouldn't surely they have no value? All this will (hopefully...) be temporary.

I've implemented the pcars2 stuff as per this weekend' specs as far as I can but there's still work to be done on SMS's side (some important stuff in UDP is missing in shared memory, some important stuff in shared memory is missing in UDP, some UDP packets have been defined but are never sent). PCars2 shared memory seems a bit more mature so I might release an initial version of that this week, but it doesn't contain much more than the old format to be honest

Dynomight Motorsports
31-10-2017, 11:43
this drive through penalty stuff is actually a bug in the game. In pcars1 mode the game sends a pitScheduleMode value, which is 0 for 'none', 1 for 'pit requested', 2 for 'drive through' and 3 for 'stop-go'. This is correct in the shared memory, but in UDP mode it's sending 2 instead of 1 for 'pit requested'. Any changes I make here to accommodate pcars2 bugs will break backwards compatibility with pcars1. When running in UDP mode the app has no way of knowing whether it's connected to pcars1 or pcars2.

The inappropriate session end message is caused by another small change in the UDP data when running pcars2 in pcars1 mode - I think this may be fixable without breaking pcars1 backwards compatibility

What about simply saying "Box Box Box" No other explanation needed

Mascot
01-11-2017, 13:45
Don't forget we still need that updated voice command list please, Mr B. :)

I'll entertain myself in the meantime by saying "syphilis" and chuckling when Crew Chief replies "I didn't catch that".

ZulfoDK
01-11-2017, 15:41
Don't forget we still need that updated voice command list please, Mr B. :)

I'll entertain myself in the meantime by saying "syphilis" and chuckling when Crew Chief replies "I didn't catch that".

Okay, I laughed out load... for real!! :)

mr_belowski
01-11-2017, 16:03
I've made an updated list and will publish it with this week's cc update, that contains a frankly outrageous number of new features. And no new bugs at all ;)

Mascot
01-11-2017, 16:48
I've made an updated list and will publish it with this week's cc update, that contains a frankly outrageous number of new features. And no new bugs at all ;)

You da man, Mr B!

ZulfoDK
01-11-2017, 18:00
I've made an updated list and will publish it with this week's cc update, that containan't s a frankly outrageous number of new features. And no new bugs at all ;)

Can't wait!!! :)

ZulfoDK
01-11-2017, 18:02

Just threw you a donation, you are doing a great job!

mr_belowski
01-11-2017, 18:19
Well most of the new stuff is for iracing, rf2 and initial support for the new pcars2 shared memory, along with pit macros so you don't need to use voice attack to navigate the pit menu. So you might not see a massive leap forward for pcars yet, but as the shared memory output matures and the UDP format is finalised things will move very quickly. I also added like 50 more personalisations (1200+ recordings) today and have the sore throat to prove it

ZulfoDK
01-11-2017, 19:42
Well most of the new stuff is for iracing, rf2 and initial support for the new pcars2 shared memory, along with pit macros so you don't need to use voice attack to navigate the pit menu. So you might not see a massive leap forward for pcars yet, but as the shared memory output matures and the UDP format is finalised things will move very quickly. I also added like 50 more personalisations (1200+ recordings) today and have the sore throat to prove it

Sounds great none the less :)

Btw - just had a 15 lap race on Monza in GT3, and towards the end some people start pitting. I ask Crew Cheif if we have a mandatory pit stop, and he responds with "no".

I ended up getting disqualified because I missed the mandatory pit stop :)

mr_belowski
01-11-2017, 22:04
you can thank SMS for that. The mandatory pitstop stuff never worked right in pcars1 shared memory

Mascot
01-11-2017, 22:18
Any new features for Assetto Corsa in the next update Mr B?

mr_belowski
01-11-2017, 22:27
a couple of bug fixes but nothing new I think. Well, that's not really true, the 'command macros' will work with AC but none have been defined - these are sequences of button presses triggered by a voice command. I'll have a quick look tomorrow to see if AC will benefit from these

ZulfoDK
02-11-2017, 06:35
you can thank SMS for that. The mandatory pitstop stuff never worked right in pcars1 shared memory

I was guessing that I had something to do with that. Do you have any idea if this is better in PC2's shared memory, or do you still not have access to that?

mr_belowski
02-11-2017, 07:43
It's in the shared memory for pcars2 but I don't know if it works. In pcars it works but only offline (or something weird like that)

ZulfoDK
02-11-2017, 08:06
It's in the shared memory for pcars2 but I don't know if it works. In pcars it works but only offline (or something weird like that)

Should be easy to test when it gets implemented - creating an online event with a mandatory pit stop. I'll give it a go when you release ;)

mr_belowski
02-11-2017, 15:43
OK guys, first cut of the PCars2 shared memory (PC only) stuff has just been released. This is had very limited testing but what testing I have done suggests it kinda works OK. Obviously report any bugs :)

UDP is a long way from being ready - there's still a lot of work to do on the game, as well as my implementation, and I'd rather not shoot at a moving target

Mascot
02-11-2017, 22:55
I noticed there were audio updates for CC today, but couldn't work out what they were. Do you have that new list yet, Mr B?

ZulfoDK
03-11-2017, 21:20
OK guys, first cut of the PCars2 shared memory (PC only) stuff has just been released. This is had very limited testing but what testing I have done suggests it kinda works OK. Obviously report any bugs :)

Did a few races, and the first one Crew Chief acted really strange.

I was in 6. place, 3 seconds behind the leader - but Crew Chief told me I was 8 seconds behind, and also told me that the leader had just set a time, with no one in front of me.

This continued through the race too, getting told strange sector times, also that I was 8 seconds too slow in sector two of Monza!

But to be fair, the whole race was strange with people lagging out, and also cars occasionally driving out of bounds of the map, and also I got green lights 2-3 seconds before every one else, so I might have been the game glitching out.

The race after was a 30 minuts Le Mans, and Crew Chief did not set one foot wrong.

Can we get an updated list of commands, if there are any new ones? I did find the PIT info in the help-file, and set the game up to use the keys accordingly.

pablito
04-11-2017, 01:24
For me after update CC stopped working, I mean its workin in background but no communicates anymore.

Sparten
04-11-2017, 06:13
For me after update CC stopped working, I mean its workin in background but no communicates anymore.

Change shared memory version to pcar2 in game settings, and see if that fixes it.

pablito
04-11-2017, 11:10
I got now lap info, fuel etc..but spotter works only in single player. Online i have only engineer info.

belaki
04-11-2017, 16:37
OooRAW! CrewChief4 now has voice commands (standing ovation followed by electronic cash to CC4 folks!).

Yes, I also have Voice Attack, but it is a bit of a resource hog. Further, after testing and rebuilding the Voice Attack file available here in the forum (it's OK, I'm a professional), I have yet to build ICM macros are dead nuts stable in PC2 with Voice Attack.

CC4's approach is more generic than Voice Attack, but the navigation macros are more stable as is the voice recognition.

CC4 ISSUES:
The only odd-behavior I've seen so far is the menu navigation commands coming from Crew Chief ARE ALSO MOVING MY SEAT AROUND IN THE CAR. I checked all my PC2 settings four or five times. I have performed a re-boot but I haven't been able to retest.

Another observation is the manual up, down commands are a bit plodding. Adjusting keystroke parameters within the JSON didn't seem to help.

PC2 ISSUES:
Before continuing, there are issues in PC2 that should be discussed and hopefully addressed in future patches. These fixes will make ICM navigation via voice more consistent and easier to use as this technology continues to evolve:

1 - Pit Strategy list should always sort ALPHANUMERIC. Period. Did I say always? ALWAYS.
2 - The strategy otherwise known as "Default" should be delete-able and rename-able.
3 - The ICM should have a reset keystroke so macro builders can call it to place the ICM into a known navigation condition. Currently the ICM appears to try to remember where the user was on a given sub-menu when the ICM last canceled itself. When the ICM is called back up via macro, the macro assumes it's working from a known position in the ICM, when it isn't, rendering the macro useless.
4 - ICM key assignments mapping should be expanded to accept both keyboard keys + wheel/joystick/controller mappings. Currently you will pretty much lose access to the ICM if VC fails during a race - unless you attempt to navigate ICM with your keyboard (if its even accessible).

CREW CHIEF 4 VOICE COMMAND:

Although CC4's navigation macros are more stable, I did have to do a little work on the JSON file to smooth things out (still not sure if I got it down yet, but it is more consistent). It is essential you adjust keyPressTime and waitBetweenEachCommand to the requirements of your environment. My rig runs best with "keyPressTime": 30 and "waitBetweenEachCommand": 100.

My edited version of the original CrewChief4 JSON is below. The edited sections force the macro to the top of the ICM menu/sub-menu before navigating into a sub-menu or down to the voice-commanded selection item on the desired sub-list. In this fashion the macro is assured of a consistent starting point (e.g. top of the list) no matter what the ICM has saved in its navigation buffer. This brute-force approach is necessary to avoid the issue in item 3, above. Not elegant, I know - I am seriously all ears for better ideas!

(reaches for dust encrusted JSON book on dust encrusted shelf in dust encrusted library.....)

Remember to Stop and re-Start CC4 (just stop\start - you don't need to close and re-open the application) every time you make an adjustment to the JSON file for your changes to take effect...

===================================================
Original CC4 JSON. All non-PC2 items are removed. my edits are in RED:
===================================================
{
"description": "This is the default command macro configuration. You can modify this file directly if you want, but it'll be overwritten when the app is updated. Make a copy in your Documents folder in a subfolder called CrewChiefV4 and modify the copy - the app will load this file from Documents/CrewChiefV4/ if it can find it, and will then fall back to the one in the installation folder. All text in 'description' elements will be ignored. These elements are only to provide a place to put comments.",
"assignments": [
{
"description": "Project Cars 2 command mappings - these are the key assignments in the Controller menu -> Game",
"gameDefinition": "PCARS2",
"keyBindings" : [
{
"action": "Car Management",
"key": "KEY_E"
},
{
"action": "ICM Menu Up",
"key": "KEY_W"
},
{
"action": "ICM Menu Down",
"key": "KEY_S"
},
{
"action": "ICM Menu Left",
"key": "KEY_A"
},
{
"action": "ICM Menu Right",
"key": "KEY_D"
}
]
}],
"macros": [
{
"name": "request pit",
"description": "requests a pitstop",
"confirmationMessage": "acknowledge/OK",
"voiceTriggers": [ "request pit", "box this lap", "in this lap" ],
"buttonTriggers": [
{
"description": "wheel button X - button trigger not yet implemented",
"deviceId": "12345456",
"buttonIndex": "1"
},
{
"description": "keyboard key z - key trigger not yet implemented",
"deviceId": "1",
"buttonIndex": "99"
}],
"commandSets": [
{
"description": "pcars2 version, keyPressTime longer",
"actionSequence": [ "Car Management", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right" ],
"keyPressTime": 30,
"waitBetweenEachCommand": 100
}]
},
{
"name": "select race strategy 1",
"description": "selects strategy 1 from the pCARS2 ICM",
"voiceTriggers": [ "strategy one", "strat one" ],
"buttonTriggers": [],
"confirmationMessage": "acknowledge/pit_strategy_1",
{
"description": "pcars2 select strat 1",
"actionSequence": [ "Car Management", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "select race strategy 2",
"description": "selects strategy 2 from the pCARS2 ICM",
"voiceTriggers": [ "strategy two", "strat two" ],
"confirmationMessage": "acknowledge/pit_strategy_2",
{
"description": "pcars2 select strat 2",
"actionSequence": [ "Car Management", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "select race strategy 3",
"description": "selects strategy 3 from the pCARS2 ICM",
"voiceTriggers": [ "strategy three", "strat three" ],
"confirmationMessage": "acknowledge/pit_strategy_3",
{
"description": "pcars2 select strat 3",
"actionSequence": [ "Car Management", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "select race strategy 4",
"description": "selects strategy 4 from the pCARS2 ICM",
"voiceTriggers": [ "strategy four", "strat four" ],
"confirmationMessage": "acknowledge/pit_strategy_4",
{
"description": "pcars2 select strat 4",
"actionSequence": [ "Car Management", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Up", "ICM Menu Right", "ICM Menu Down", "ICM Menu Right" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "open / close pit menu",
"description": "open or close the pit menu - fallback for manual navigation",
"voiceTriggers": ["toggle pit menu", "pit menu toggle" ],
{
"description": "pcars2 version",
"actionSequence": [ "Car Management" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "pit menu up",
"description": "pit menu up - fallback for manual navigation",
"voiceTriggers": [ "pit menu up" ],
{
"actionSequence": [ "ICM Menu Up" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "pit menu down",
"description": "pit menu down - fallback for manual navigation",
"voiceTriggers": [ "pit menu down" ],
{
"actionSequence": [ "ICM Menu Down" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "pit menu left",
"description": "pit menu left - fallback for manual navigation",
"voiceTriggers": [ "pit menu left" ],
{
"actionSequence": [ "ICM Menu Left" ],
}]
},
{
"name": "pit menu right",
"description": "pit menu right - fallback for manual navigation",
"voiceTriggers": [ "pit menu right" ],
{
"actionSequence": [ "ICM Menu Right" ],
}]
}]
}[/FONT]

mr_belowski
04-11-2017, 22:01
Nice one dude, really great feedback. Is it ok if I use this macro config with the app as it's default? I did try to get the out-of-the-box config as good as I could, but it was hard to find enough time to test it thoroughly with all the other changes that went in this release.

No idea why your seat moves around though - unless wasd keys are hard wired to move seat position in pcars2?

belaki
05-11-2017, 01:27
Certainly, use it for sure.

Just competed practice sessions at Daytona and Le Mans. I did not see the seat moving thing again.

Which is unfortunate, because it was funny. My wife cracked up when she saw it.

Great work guys!

senfsenfsenf
05-11-2017, 22:52
I have a bug report: When you select mandatory pitstop in the race, crew chief tells you when the pit window closes. He tells me that I have to make a pitstop now although I have already done the mandatory pitstop some laps ago.

ZulfoDK
06-11-2017, 05:02
I have a bug report: When you select mandatory pitstop in the race, crew chief tells you when the pit window closes. He tells me that I have to make a pitstop now although I have already done the mandatory pitstop some laps ago.

Yeah, I noticed that too - I got a "pit this lap..." in a race with a mandatory pit stop, even though I pitted on the first lap due to damages (because... idiots in first corner).

I guess there is no way to check in the shared memory if you already did a pit stop?

But this is alot better than before where you could miss a pit stop as Crew Chief was not aware of mandatory pit stops - I don't mind ignoring the message about pitting when I know I already did..

Mascot
06-11-2017, 09:08
I've had a good scout around the Crew Chief forums (http://thecrewchief.org/forum.php) but can't find a list of the new commands that rolled out last week.

Can anyone help please?

ZulfoDK
06-11-2017, 10:50
I've had a good scout around the Crew Chief forums (http://thecrewchief.org/forum.php) but can't find a list of the new commands that rolled out last week.

Can anyone help please?

You can get a lot of information from looking at the SpeechRecogniser.cs for Crew Chief in GitHub :)

I'm just not sure how to check what the exact command are (yet) :)

mr_belowski
06-11-2017, 11:01
the help file (accessible from the Help button in the app) should have an up to date voice command list

ZulfoDK
06-11-2017, 11:34
the help file (accessible from the Help button in the app) should have an up to date voice command list

Is it really complete?

Just checked the speech_recognition_config.txt and I think it contains more commands than the help file, but can't check right now.

Terrell Olvera
08-11-2017, 06:41
I haven't had any luck with the "box this lap" feature. I set the e,w,s,a,d keys and still nothing. I just get a reply saying they didn't understand. Any tips?

mr_belowski
08-11-2017, 07:39
Bear with me on this. Last night's update seems to have affected the voice recognition reliability, perhaps I've broken something

mr_belowski
08-11-2017, 12:53
Fixed a few bugs today, including some speech recognition issues, so it should behave a little better now

Terrell Olvera
10-11-2017, 04:21
I'm still not having any luck with the pit menu commands. Everything else seems to work fine though. Is it working for everyone else?

Terrell Olvera
11-11-2017, 09:30
I'm still not having any luck with the pit menu commands. Everything else seems to work fine though. Is it working for everyone else?

So...I had pCARS selected and not pCARS 2. It is working great now.

Johnny Tavares
13-11-2017, 19:48
Is it possible to know the fuel needed to finish the race with a button? exactly like car status?

Zenzic
14-11-2017, 09:36
Since Crewchief listens to voice commands, I'm not sure what you mean with "with a button". Anyway, if I remember the new commands correctly, you can now ask Crewchief something along the lines of "how much fuel needed to finish the race".

Johnny Tavares
14-11-2017, 10:36
Since Crewchief listens to voice commands, I'm not sure what you mean with "with a button". Anyway, if I remember the new commands correctly, you can now ask Crewchief something along the lines of "how much fuel needed to finish the race".

I do not speak English so it's hard for the crewchief to recognize what I'm saying. If I could get that same information with just one button it would be a lot easier.

mr_belowski
14-11-2017, 10:48
you can get a fuel status update by assigning a button to the "Report fuel status" action. This will give you the number of laps or minutes remaining, and the estimated fuel consumption per lap

Johnny Tavares
14-11-2017, 10:55
you can get a fuel status update by assigning a button to the "Report fuel status" action. This will give you the number of laps or minutes remaining, and the estimated fuel consumption per lap

Thank you!!!! I'll check it as soon as I get home.

Nyreen
14-11-2017, 11:32
I've been messing around with this app for a week now (along with Profiler), I'm glad you were there instead of Fake Jeff to support me in endurance races and warn me of divebombs in multiplayer. I hope everyone would've got a spotter not to crash me because they didn't see.

Useful out of ten, thank you Mr Belowski.

Enzo One 365
18-11-2017, 13:06
Can anyone confirm if crew chief will work on my Sony Xperia z3. As would like to run this with project cars 2.
Is it possible to download this and is it an easy set up, or is there a guide that will show me how to set it up on my Android phone?
Any help much appreciated

MaXyM
19-11-2017, 10:29
Hello.
What I'm missing is some warning about lasting fuel. at first to know I will not make it with current amount and the at second I have to go for fuel in a few laps.
However I can imagine a few edge cases which it would be hard to cope with.

mr_belowski
19-11-2017, 19:50
enzo - the crew chief lite app is available in the google play store and is free

MaXyM
20-11-2017, 00:22
After my recent MP GT3 race, some noted that he got warning about overheating brakes which temp was about 400*C.
I just checked carClassData.json file, and indeed GT3 class has no brakeType attribute. So it uses defaults which limits are for sure too low.
Could you please check it out?

Thanx for great piece of software
regards

Eugene Flerko
20-11-2017, 08:16
Just to check, I can't open your website (tried long ago and today)

Olijke Poffer
20-11-2017, 08:21

You have to smile friendly when opening this webpage. Otherwise you will see the warning as stated.. Sorry m8.. You did not smiled enough I guess.

Dinos
20-11-2017, 08:21
Good morning, can someone tell me if this app working with pc2 in ps4? I just discover it and i want to download it but it is not free.

Olijke Poffer
20-11-2017, 08:22
Good morning, can someone tell me if this app working with pc2 in ps4? I just discover it and i want to download it but it is not free.

It does. I have it and I love it. Do not hesitate and just press the buy button.
I have it for android.. Don't know if there is an IOS version atm.

Dinos
20-11-2017, 08:25
It does. I have it and I love it. Do not hesitate and just press the buy button.
I have it for android.. Don't know if there is an IOS version atm.
Thank you very much for your quick response

Dinos
20-11-2017, 22:07
Very nice app. I have one question, i play with a 5.1 sound system, can i hear the commands from my speakers instead from my mobile phone??? like it happens with the default command of the game??? I play on ps4

Olijke Poffer
20-11-2017, 22:08
Nope can’t be done.

maxx69
21-11-2017, 00:04
I've noticed on PS4, crew chief tells me I have a drive through when I don't .
Can't quite work out what causes it , but it not just myself as others from the MRC have experienced the same

Dinos
21-11-2017, 09:55
The voice commands works on ps4? Can someone explain me how is this working? Or send me a link to read? Are there any specific voice commands i can say? Can you give me an example? I push the button but whatever i said it tells me back repeat or i can't understand...

Dinos
21-11-2017, 15:01
The voice commands works on ps4? Can someone explain me how is this working? Or send me a link to read? Are there any specific voice commands i can say? Can you give me an example? I push the button but whatever i said it tells me back repeat or i can't understand...

I read on net that voice commands are working only on pc because you need voice recognition on windows, is this true?

Dinos
21-11-2017, 19:14
I read on net that voice commands are working only on pc because you need voice recognition on windows, is this true?
Finally i found it, it is working. Where i can find a command list??????

Zenzic
21-11-2017, 20:03
Hi, I'm having trouble updating Crewchief from version 4.8.1.7 to 4.8.1.9. As soon as it's done downloading the update, Windows shows this message: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package".

mr_belowski
21-11-2017, 20:16
that's weird. It worked fine for me. Have you tried downloading the installer directly and running it? The download link is http://thecrewchief.org/forumdisplay.php?15-Download-CrewChief-for-PC

Zenzic
21-11-2017, 22:08
Could it be there's something wrong with the .msi file on the webserver? I've tried a few different things using the link in your post:

- Manual download with Firefox on Windows 10 machine: a few seconds before reaching 100% Firefox reports the download failed.
- Manual download with Edge on different Windows 10 machine: a few seconds before the end Edge reports the download was interrupted.
- Manual download with Chrome on Ubuntu machine: the download skips the final few bytes and says it's complete. Copying the file to and then running it on either of the Windows 10 machines triggers the message from my previous post.

The md5sum of the file I downloaded with Ubuntu is e0010431f466eca26acbb409cfe4e308

mr_belowski
21-11-2017, 22:24
the md5 hash should be 1086697B24E9F096EFF0C3C1D30FF764

Try getting it directly of the secondary ftp server here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.msi

Nyreen
21-11-2017, 22:32
Hey Mr Belowski ! The game is a bit hazy about race spec in online lobbies. I always have to double-check Online Lobby to be sure about the laps, damages and assists to make sure I do not make a mistake.

I can't ask you all of that but it would be a very nice feature to also announce, on the pre-race screen, not only the number of laps, but at least the mandatory pit-stops, which is stressing me on long races when the back of the grid is pitting because they forgot to add enough fuel, and I can't help asking the chat if it's mandatory. Maybe it only bothers me, but I'd like Crew Chief to be able to triple-check that. I already have to double check the tuning because it always loads the default setup for whatever reason...

Zenzic
22-11-2017, 07:59
the md5 hash should be 1086697B24E9F096EFF0C3C1D30FF764

Try getting it directly of the secondary ftp server here:

Both download links now result in the same file with the right md5sum, and a different file size than the corrupted file last night. Thanks for the support!

Eugene Flerko
22-11-2017, 08:37

You have to smile friendly when opening this webpage. Otherwise you will see the warning as stated.. Sorry m8.. You did not smiled enough I guess.

Haha, very funny.
I'm addressing it to mr.Belowsky to be sure that he's aware of the issue with access to his website. I have no access to it whenever I try to open it.

Sparten
22-11-2017, 12:30
Haha, very funny.
I'm addressing it to mr.Belowsky to be sure that he's aware of the issue with access to his website. I have no access to it whenever I try to open it.

We had to block a few ranges of ip's coming from the Russian area do to massive spam and other stupid activities. My best suggestion is to use a proxy or a vpn to access the site.
If you just need to download the file you can also get it here:

Eugene Flerko
22-11-2017, 14:46
We had to block a few ranges of ip's coming from the Russian area do to massive spam and other stupid activities. My best suggestion is to use a proxy or a vpn to access the site.
If you just need to download the file you can also get it here:

Thank you Sparten for information and DL link!
I don't think I need a DL link as the program updates itself perfectly, however it may be useful for others who like me can't open the website.

Enzo One 365
23-11-2017, 10:41
Hi I downloaded the lite version to my phone, it shows a dark grey screen with crew chief lite at the top, packets received, oos packets accepted, packets discarded, packet rate (hz), packet processing time (ms). And a start stop button at the bottom.
I clicked start and can see that values going up, but in game or on the phone I don't get any messages, under the options, system tab, I have it set to up frequency 3 and UDP protocol version, I've tried project cars 1 & 2
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance

mr_belowski
23-11-2017, 11:33
go to your device's 'sound settings' and check that the media volume isn't muted

Enzo One 365
23-11-2017, 12:09
That seems to be it, thanks great app

belaki
23-11-2017, 16:17
nAudio addition! Choose your CrewChief playback device!

Fantastic!

Jim, you guys just rock. 'nuf said.

Narly Boy
23-11-2017, 21:02
nAudio addition! Choose your CrewChief playback device!

Fantastic!

Jim, you guys just rock. 'nuf said.

This is a great app but......Is there any chance that Crewchief will ever be supported on OSX or IOS? At the moment I have to create a Windows VM to run it on Mac and use remote desktop to send the audio to my Astros input, not the easiest install ever!

Sparten
24-11-2017, 07:50
This is a great app but......Is there any chance that Crewchief will ever be supported on OSX or IOS? At the moment I have to create a Windows VM to run it on Mac and use remote desktop to send the audio to my Astros input, not the easiest install ever!

They day someone supply us all with up to date ios and osx hardware, then maby it will happen, but don't count on it.
Anyways why do you want something so cool as Crew Chief on shitty devices from a shitty company.

mr_belowski
24-11-2017, 07:58
Unfortunately, developing for iOS or any other Apple device requires that you own (or rent) a Mac. I simply don't have the money for this. I also think it's a bit of a p!ss-take for Apple to require this

Zenzic
02-12-2017, 12:25
"For F sake, Jerry, don't spend all day bringing up the rear!" It would seem Crewchief wants me to do better this practice session. :D

In the release notes of the latest update there was something about PCars 2 pit stops, which made me wonder: should PS4 users set their UDP settings to PCars 1 or 2? At the moment I'm still using 1.

mr_belowski
02-12-2017, 13:14
no, PS4 users need to stick with pcars1 mode. The PCars2 UDP format is still too unstable to be usable

Zenzic
03-12-2017, 18:34
Got it, thanks!

GAT_Montana
03-12-2017, 19:14
Could you please check what happened to the size of the menue boxes? On my 4K Monitor its impossible to read the changelog anymore for instance. Thanks! And by the way, great work as usual, I love the app!

satco1066
05-12-2017, 10:18
That might be a problem with scaling in Windows on 4k Monitors.
Try to right click Crewchief Icon and select properties, then select compatibility tab and check that checkbox where somthing with High DPI Scaling is written.
As i have a german Windows, i do not know the real spelling.

Minimitch
07-12-2017, 23:37
Does the app work with the 3.01 update on PS4? Just had a race and 0 packets were received the entire time it was running

EDIT: Never mind, it's working fine again now

Olijke Poffer
08-12-2017, 07:25
no, PS4 users need to stick with pcars1 mode. The PCars2 UDP format is still too unstable to be usable

I just installed the PC version after I made the switch from PS4 to PC. I bought the android version at the time. Now I have the PC version and I only can say, wow works like a charm mr Belowski.
Thanks for this great piece of software... Finally I can hear the spotter via my Rift headphone instead of an in-ear bud in one of my ears underneath my headphone coming from a android phone.
Now I only have to train speech recognition to be able to give voice commands... :-)

Roger Prynne
08-12-2017, 10:10
I just installed the PC version after I made the switch from PS4 to PC. I bought the android version at the time. Now I have the PC version and I only can say, wow works like a charm mr Belowski.
Thanks for this great piece of software... Finally I can hear the spotter via my Rift headphone instead of an in-ear bud in one of my ears underneath my headphone coming from a android phone.
Now I only have to train speech recognition to be able to give voice commands... :-)

I didn't find the need to train voice for it to work as it just worked straight away.

Olijke Poffer
08-12-2017, 11:17
I didn't find the need to train voice for it to work as it just worked straight away.

Well I think I have to train it because English is not my native language. Although Windows speech recognition works wonderfully well indeed. I also use Voice attack in cooperation with a voicepack in Elite Dangerous. There I had to train the software a bit.. Some words are harder to be recognised I guess.

Roger Prynne
08-12-2017, 11:31
Well I think I have to train it because English is not my native language. Although Windows speech recognition works wonderfully well indeed. I also use Voice attack in cooperation with a voicepack in Elite Dangerous. There I had to train the software a bit.. Some words are harder to be recognised I guess.

Ah yeah forgot about that.

Schumi-
17-12-2017, 09:40
Any one else having trouble updating to the latest version ? It prompts me to update to version 4.8.3.1 , when i click on update it downloads, i click next leave it to modify click on next , install finish, when booting it back up asks me to update again, tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, no joy.

mr_belowski
17-12-2017, 09:50
is it being flagged by your virus checker or something?

Schumi-
17-12-2017, 09:58
is it being flagged by your virus checker or something?

Thanks for the swift reply, not as far as i am aware, just disabled everything tried again, same problem. Very strange indeed. Running the latest W10 update.

Lowhangingfruits
17-12-2017, 10:17
Try starting the app without updating it when it asks, then once started do a "Force update check" bottom right corner of the app window and see if that does the trick.

Schumi-
17-12-2017, 10:35
Try starting the app without updating it when it asks, then once started do a "Force update check" bottom right corner of the app window and see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the suggestion, , just tried it and the same thing.

Olijke Poffer
17-12-2017, 10:36
Any one else having trouble updating to the latest version ? It prompts me to update to version 4.8.3.1 , when i click on update it downloads, i click next leave it to modify click on next , install finish, when booting it back up asks me to update again, tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, no joy.

No problems for me.. updated without errors.

Schumi-
17-12-2017, 10:39
No problems for me.. updated without errors.

Thanks must be something my end then, will try a fesh install of it.

Lowhangingfruits
17-12-2017, 10:50
Thanks for the suggestion, , just tried it and the same thing.

Ok, did you try and download the file directly off our website thecrewchief org

Schumi-
17-12-2017, 10:59
Ok, did you try and download the file directly off our website thecrewchief org

Thanks, downloaded it from your website, still had the same problem, uninstalled it all again, run install, all working fine now, many thanks for everyone's help.

davidt33
17-12-2017, 11:11
They day someone supply us all with up to date ios and osx hardware, then maby it will happen, but don't count on it.
Anyways why do you want something so cool as Crew Chief on shitty devices from a shitty company.

Apple is the best. Mercedes of computers and devices. Fact.
If Crew Chief was available for Apple devices I'd have bought it in a minute. Only thing that's keeping me from buying it thus far is because it isn't.
Really have to think long and hard to contemplate installing VM software to run virus magnet PC OS on my good Mac or have to buy equally virus magnet Android devices to run Crew Chief.

*Runs*

mr_belowski
17-12-2017, 11:18
Meh, Apple might be the most wonderful thing in the world but because they won't let me create an iOS app without buying one of their eye-wateringly expensive Macs, they can go to hell

davidt33
17-12-2017, 11:24
Meh, Apple might be the most wonderful thing in the world but because they won't let me create an iOS app without buying one of their eye-wateringly expensive Macs, they can go to hell

Pity though because your app is the only one of its kind I'd rather get. It really is that good from what I've heard and seen. Kudos to you for creating and developing it sir.

Edit: BTW, there may be many other Apple users out there wanting to buy too. Growing consumer base you know.
Once you go Apple you won't go back (Old saying). *Runs again*

mr_belowski
17-12-2017, 11:35
Give me a £2000 Mac, a month to learn Swift and to port it to iOS, and a guarantee that Apple won't randomly decide to remove the app from the store for no reason (or perhaps they don't like the swearing). And *then* we'll talk :D

Lowhangingfruits
17-12-2017, 11:45
Give me a £2000 Mac, a month to learn Swift and to port it to iOS, and a guarantee that Apple won't randomly decide to remove the app from the store for no reason (or perhaps they don't like the swearing). And *then* we'll talk :D

As CEO for a MEGA CORP you should not settle for less then the new imac pro, starting price is 4999$, but make sure you select the correct one the first time as it can't be upgraded on a later state.

mr_belowski
17-12-2017, 11:50
thankyou, I'll be sure to order the top of the range version once I've got a buyer for my children.

In the mean time, Mac users can console themselves with videos of how awesome the app is on my YooToob channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYXKKKNlvy_grORxxmsrhzw?view_as=subscriber

davidt33
17-12-2017, 11:56
thankyou, I'll be sure to order the top of the range version once I've got a buyer for my children.

In the mean time, Mac users can console themselves with videos of how awesome the app is on my YooToob channel

Sonovagun. I see what you did there.

Olijke Poffer
17-12-2017, 18:47

Is this a new to come update?

mr_belowski
17-12-2017, 19:29
No, this is all from the current version of the app. Which video did you mean?

Olijke Poffer
17-12-2017, 19:39
No, this is all from the current version of the app. Which video did you mean?

Sorry, I now see it is for RF2.. that is why it is different than Pcars.. lol.
I viewed this one,

http://youtu.be/6hcJr9dyaeQ

mr_belowski
17-12-2017, 21:37
the rolling start stuff is really cool but there's not enough data available to make it work for pCARS 2

Olijke Poffer
17-12-2017, 22:08
To bad, sounds fun indeed. But don’t get me wrong, I really love your app and voice but that I already told you.:applause:

TheBaldReverend
19-12-2017, 08:47
I'm late to the party but after watching a Youtube vid with Crew Chief I thought 'I've got to get it'. The trouble is I'm playing on PS4 and don't have an Android device.

I've got it running on Windows 7 through a VM but haven't so far got any data received. Before I plough on, is what I'm trying to do possible i.e. get crew chief running on a Mac through a VM when playing on PS4?

Thanks

mr_belowski
19-12-2017, 08:56
it's probably something to do with networking - I expect the UDP broadcast packets aren't being forwarded from the host to the guest. Not sure what to suggest really. Something like this maybe (assuming you're using VBox)?

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49612
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42861

TheBaldReverend
19-12-2017, 08:59
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm on VMWare but will look into it.

TheBaldReverend
19-12-2017, 09:28
Sorted it, here's what I did just in case anyone else is searching:

Turned Windows firewall off (Don't know if this helped?
Went into VM Ware network adaptor settings and changed the internet connection setting from 'Share with my mac' to 'Wi-Fi' and voilą, it works.

Amazing app, thanks for your hard work.

ttb57
19-12-2017, 09:40
Late to the party...I remember using this app very early on and was impressed (can't remember when) and now I've started using it again nothing's changed. It's amazing. Have a laugh at some of the things the spotter says when I **** things up and I get even more updates than I do about the wife's headaches.;)

TrueValue
19-12-2017, 17:58
Hey Mr Belowski, I noticed, that the Crew Chief always tells me to be about 23 seconds off the pace in sector 2 at Hockenheimring National. Is this a bug from the game or the app? Because although I may not be the fastest driver in the world, 23s sounds a bit much :D.

mr_belowski
19-12-2017, 21:19
That's odd. I'll take a quick look tomorrow

Martinbooker
19-12-2017, 22:22
Awesome app thank you. One question though, with an oculus rift headset in Assetto Corsa the volume mix sounds perfect. I.e I can always hear you swearing at me clearly over the normal engine noise ;-) . In PC2 though, i can barely make out you bitching about my lap times even with voice volume maxed in the app, especially in open wheelers.

I haven’t tried it yet but I think I’m gonna have to basically turn down all in game PC2 volume settings (apart from master volume) to compensate which I don’t really want to do. Would this be something to do with the whole spatial audio thing that PC2 does very well (where AC doesn’t) ? If so, is there any way I can alter how the crew chief volume is “mixed in” somehow?

mr_belowski
20-12-2017, 09:35
if you go to the Properties screen in CC and search for naudio (the search box is in the top right corner), and enable it. This changes the app to use a different audio pipeline. Restart the app and you'll now have select boxes to choose which device to output audio to. In nAudio mode the app's volume slider and the volume slider in the Windows Mixer can be combined - if they're both at full volume the app should be much louder

mr_belowski
20-12-2017, 09:36
Hey Mr Belowski, I noticed, that the Crew Chief always tells me to be about 23 seconds off the pace in sector 2 at Hockenheimring National. Is this a bug from the game or the app? Because although I may not be the fastest driver in the world, 23s sounds a bit much :D.

I can't reproduce this with the PC app. Are you using the Android app? Does it happen at any other circuits or just Hockenheim National?

OddTimer
20-12-2017, 14:06
I am running CC on Android, just bought the full app last week. The app runs well if I don't like my phone. if I lock it, CC will stop sending messages after a few minutes. Is it a matter of settings in this case? thanks!

Martinbooker
20-12-2017, 18:17
if you go to the Properties screen in CC and search for naudio (the search box is in the top right corner), and enable it. This changes the app to use a different audio pipeline. Restart the app and you'll now have select boxes to choose which device to output audio to. In nAudio mode the app's volume slider and the volume slider in the Windows Mixer can be combined - if they're both at full volume the app should be much louder

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated. Turned on nAudio and can see the crew chief channel in the sound mixer but it’s locked to the master rift volume unfortunately. I think it’s fine if I’m sat in a tin top car but the formula Renault open wheeler jobby is screaming away an inch behind my head and tends to drown stuff out. I’ll have a play with individual settings in the audio menu in PC2 try and tune things better.

Cheers for your help again

mr_belowski
20-12-2017, 19:26
In nAudio mode I could actually boost the app volume even more but I expect it would start to clip and sound weird

TrueValue
21-12-2017, 16:38
I can't reproduce this with the PC app. Are you using the Android app? Does it happen at any other circuits or just Hockenheim National?

Yes the Android App. It is also on some other tracks and always sector 2.

OddTimer
22-12-2017, 11:34
I am running CC on Android, just bought the full app last week. The app runs well if I don't like my phone. if I lock it, CC will stop sending messages after a few minutes. Is it a matter of settings in this case? thanks!

Hi Mr. Belowski, any suggestions on this one please?

Olijke Poffer
22-12-2017, 11:46

I had it run also on my android phone when I played Pcars on the Playstation. I never have seen the app stops sending messages after a few minutes when in lock status.

SpinnPaget
22-12-2017, 15:20

I haven't had it happen to me (the few times I've had my phone lock on me when using.) I'm running a stock Samsung Galaxy 7+.

The main setup I use is have CC running, and also using RS Dash for telemetry reporting. Because of this, the phone never locks / screen turns off. And both apps play together very nicely running at the same time on the same device.

(When I'm feeling really frisky I'll even have RS Dash running on my daughter's tablet as well, so I can have 2 different telemetry screens at once!)

SpinnPaget
22-12-2017, 15:50
My phone just alerted me that the CC obb file is taking up a lot of space. Is it safe to delete this file (was it only part of the install process) or is it still needed to run the app once installed? (Android, if it matters)

mr_belowski
24-12-2017, 12:11
Don't delete the obb file - the android app needs it
It's large because it contains all the sound files.

Regarding android app bugs (specifically the sector timing issue) I'll set aside a day to work on this over the next week or two, but things are always a bit nuts over Christmas :).

I've had a few questions about updating the android app to use the V2 API. Unfortunately it simply doesn't work so in its current state is not usable. I don't know if SMS plan to update it or fix it. I don't know where or how to submit bug reports, whether SMS read this forum, whether the API will have more unannounced breaking changes, or anything really. Sorry guys.

So the next android app update will not be adding pcars 2 support - you'll still need to use to pcars1 UDP mode

rich1e I
24-12-2017, 12:25
When I'm in a race with a mandatory pitstop and I request my pitstop with the ICM Geoffrey tells me that I got a drive through penalty. After the pitstop he says that I served my penalty. It happens every time. I'm using the android app. Sorry if this has already been reported 593 time.

mr_belowski
24-12-2017, 12:28
It's broken data in the pcars 2 implementation of the pcars 1 API. I can fix it for pcars2 but this will break it for pcars1 players

rich1e I
24-12-2017, 14:32
Yeah I was assuming it must be a data issue. Not a big deal, just a bit confusing at first because you wonder where you got a slow down and didn't serve it, then you wonder why there's no "DT" behind your gamertag etc.

BrainsBush
08-01-2018, 14:32
This post is just to show my appreciation for this great addition to Pcars (2). Like many have already said: A MUST HAVE!

I played around with Crewchief but this time in combination with VR. What an extra immersion and personalisation when using e.g. your own name. Also enabled voice commands and still have to learn to pronounce the words/sentences better. Respect for digital Jim he is not losing his anger when listening to this Dutch trying to speak english racer ;) .

Then I changed my name 'Brian' to my sons name 'Robin' (without noticing him) and put own the VR goggles on his head. Jim started communicating with him. My sons non verbal reaction is still epic. He thought and still thinks I'm cheating in some way. So only for that moment of joy a big thumbs up (and a well deserved donation).

Keep up the good work!!

mr_belowski
08-01-2018, 14:59

cpcdem
08-01-2018, 17:20

Just saw this, I think it's a bug from the game, because very often in TT and in qualifying, at the end of sector 2, I am seeing in the delta time shown in the HUD a gap of around 23 seconds to the fastest lap, which is obviously incorrect. If CrewChief relies on the same lap info provided by the game, then it makes sense that such a message is spoken. In my own little app I am doing the lap/sector timing manually (time passed from start of previous sector to end) so I am not getting this problem.

Zenzic
08-01-2018, 20:31
My Crewchief seems to be having an off-day. I'm having a 90 minute GT3 race at Nurburgring GP and every lap he informs me "there's an incident at turn 12". An hour in he also still announces new fastest laps by me or AI drivers quite often, while in fact those lap times are nowhere near the fastest times set in the race so far. Gaps in front are an issue as well: he says the gap in front is increasing while in reality it's decreased since the previous mentioning. While I was still in the pre-race menu he also said "well, that's this race done, 13th place", so it seems something was off from the start.

I had restarted my pc right before the race so it's not like a previous session might have thrown the app off. I'm running the app on the same pc in network mode. Does anyone have any pointers on what might cause this?

Thanks!

Edit: No combination of game/app/pc restarts fixed the issue. Changing from udp to shared memory however seems like it did the job. No idea whether that makes sense.

mr_belowski
10-01-2018, 09:25
only the PCars2 Shared Memory mode is in active development at the moment. I strongly recommend you use this mode if you're using the PC app - it's tons better.

Regarding lap times, the app's concept of 'the pace' is based on the fastest laps over all the participants' last 4 (IIRC) laps - so this value will change as the race progresses. The app's concept of the fastest lap in the race should *not* change - it should be the absolute fastest lap in that session - so what you experienced there certainly sounds like a bug. It's probably caused by something tripping the apps 'session end detection' which clears out all the app's internal state (including fastest laps). The pcars 2 shared memory mode is more reliable here and less likely to think the session has been restarted.

The incident logic is based on the game reporting opponent cars that have stopped somewhere. Unfortunately the game often sends a lot of stale and incorrect data - sometimes the game sends multiple copies of opponent data so the app sees many versions of the same opponent. Some of these copies may be moving, some may be stopped. This makes the app think there's a car stopped somewhere so it reports it. The shared memory mode is a lot better at detecting and discarding this broken data.

Reporting changing gaps is a bit tricky. The app measures the gap in front every tick (every 0.1 seconds by default) and if that gap has grown consistently for a while, the app reports this. Unfortunately the way the app works here is that it will correctly identify an increasing gap and queue a "the gap in front is increasing" message. Depending on what else is in the queue of messages to be played, it might be several seconds before this message gets played. This sometimes means that the message is no longer accurate. I've done a lot of work to mitigate this in various messages but there are still some cases where the app doesn't double check before playing - this might be one of them.

Also bear in mind that with all these duplicate opponent data copies being thrown around, it's possible that the gap message was triggered by broken data - again, shared memory mode may help here.

Zenzic
10-01-2018, 10:35
Thank for the detailed breakdown, I appreciate the insight!

Herege
10-01-2018, 17:22
Always I use CrewChief, online and offline and no problems at all for me. Try a clean install.

Zenzic
11-01-2018, 10:29
Try a clean install.

It is. But since switching to shared memory I no longer have any issues. :)

-

On a side note: would it be possible to have Crewchief warn about changing weather conditions? If I'm not mistaken Crewchief only says it's raining when it's already started, while the pause menu has a prediction that shows up a bit earlier. I think the in-game spotter does warn about changing conditions in advance.

mr_belowski
11-01-2018, 10:35
the data isn't available. There's a CloudBrightness value that does change maybe a minute (usually less) before it starts raining but this is all the info the app has access to. The new UDP API was supposed to have more weather data but it doesn't

Zenzic
11-01-2018, 10:43
Good to know, thanks!

MaXyM
11-01-2018, 12:56
Hello
At the ene of each race CC notify me about pit window closing which is OK. But it also contain a message which encourages me to take a pit at this point. Of course I don't want to pit because there is no reason for that.
Any idea why CC yells 'pit this lap' a lap before the end of a race?

mr_belowski
11-01-2018, 13:42
UDP or shared memory?

MaXyM
11-01-2018, 19:19
Shared Memory.
Don't know if it does matter but I mostly race online.

mr_belowski
11-01-2018, 22:34
i'll check that tomorrow. If you pit during the pit window the app should consider the stop completed

Schnizz58
11-01-2018, 22:41
Hello
At the ene of each race CC notify me about pit window closing which is OK. But it also contain a message which encourages me to take a pit at this point. Of course I don't want to pit because there is no reason for that.
I can confirm this happens to me also.

i'll check that tomorrow. If you pit during the pit window the app should consider the stop completed
For some reason I thought you were already aware of it or I'd have said something about it. Thanks for having a look.

mr_belowski
11-01-2018, 22:55
There shouldn't be any of these issues with pCARS 2 shared memory mode, so it looks like I have work to do

Laserbeak43
12-01-2018, 00:05
The volume's pretty low on my budget tablet. Not that it would matter if it wasn't. I play with as much volume as possible. I'm looking for some earbuds that I could wear under my cup headphones for this app. Something that doesn't block outside sound. Any suggestions?

davidt33
12-01-2018, 00:26
The volume's pretty low on my budget tablet. Not that it would matter if it wasn't. I play with as much volume as possible. I'm looking for some earbuds that I could wear under my cup headphones for this app. Something that doesn't block outside sound. Any suggestions?

After some research I bought this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07219MJ7V

Laserbeak43
12-01-2018, 03:26
After some research I bought this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07219MJ7V

Those look really sweet, but can you hear anything other than the earbud? How well can you hear other things?

Mascot
12-01-2018, 07:55
Heads up VR users of Crew Chief, and anyone who uses external speakers: I don't think this is common knowledge (I just found out today, and it has been mentioned in this thread, but it's SO DAMN AWESOME it needs mentioning again because it's SO DAMN AWESOME) but nAudio was added to Crew Chief some time before Christmas which lets you route CC audio from the app to any device. In my case this will mean I have main game audio piped to my 5.1 amp as normal, and Crew Chief sent to my Rift's headphones, just like it would be in a driver's helmet. I can't tell you how happy I am about this. I previously used Audiorouter to do a similar thing but it was a total hoop-jumping pain in the ass, needed resetting every race, sometimes stopped working altogether and always demoted my 5.1 audio to stereo. Having CC come through headphones makes it always clear and easy to understand, even over a LOUD amp, and just having the sound piped to my 'helmet' adds tremendously to immersion. Hell, even if you aren't a VR user but use external speakers it'll probably be better piping Crew Chief to headphones anyway for the same reasons. In Jim's own words from the AC forums:

First make sure your Rift is running. Then enable the "Use nAudio playback" option in the app's Properties screen and restart the app. The app's main screen will have 2 new select boxes under the volume sliders. These contain all the audio devices the app can send its output to - select the one you want (whatever the Rift's audio device is called) for messages and background sounds. That's it.

Did I mention it's SO DAMN AWESOME?

Laserbeak43
12-01-2018, 10:35
That's sick! Can't wait to try that! Thanks! Even though I have it for PC, I play mostly on PS4 though...but that's definitely good to know.

V3nom
12-01-2018, 12:39
Is there a way to make the crewchief Audio come out of the tv as the game?

mr_belowski
12-01-2018, 12:54
not if you use the android app

mr_belowski
12-01-2018, 17:15
Hello

I think today's update should have fixed this, but I've not really had enough testing time so if it's still wrong please holler :)

V3nom
12-01-2018, 17:58
Can I use the windows crewchief for a PS4 version of the game?

mr_belowski
12-01-2018, 18:14
yes, but you're stuck with UDP (project cars 1 mode) which isn't as good as shared memory (pcars 2 mode).

I wanted to implement support for pcars 2 udp mode but it's not usable at the moment (it doesn't work properly) and there's nowhere to report bugs or raise issues

J4yR3yn0ld5
13-01-2018, 08:07
Just started using this, and I'm very impressed! Keep up the great work Mr Belowski!

Sid Snott
13-01-2018, 14:33
I like the sound of this. Just few questions.
Will it run on the PS4 or should it be run on my laptop with PS4 remote play enabled?
Will the mike plugged into PS4 controller be ok for voice control & will the sound be played through the controller speaker or the laptop speaker (as I like to play music through the laptop speakers while playing) if this can't run on the PS4?

davidt33
14-01-2018, 11:50
Hi @mr_belowski (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?99072-mr_belowski) (or anyone else can assist).
Well I finally received my Android tablet, purchased and installed Crew Chief and preparing to set up for Project Cars 2 (This is for the PS4 console). I'm wondering which UDP to chose for the In-Game option:---->2 or 3.

In the Crew Chief Android documentation I see:

The in-game UDP setting controls how frequently the game sends data over the network. ‘1’ is the highest rate (60 packets per second), ‘10’ is the lowest (1 packet per second). Crew Chief works best with this set to 1, 2, 3, or 4. The app will be most accurate with it set to ‘1’, but this may be too much data for your network or your device to handle reliably. 2 or 3 seem to work well for most users.
Being 1 (highest data rate) is not advised, should I chose 2? (However from the vid tuts or whatever I've seen all or most choose 3)....Hence the question.
(Again points to remember: PS4 console, Crew Chief...Android, UDP in-game option).
Speedy response will be appreciated.

mr_belowski
14-01-2018, 11:55
actually, i think sms might have reversed this for pcars 2 so the highest rate is now 10, not 1. I'd go for 6 or 7 and see how it works out, no need to go higher that 7 really. I some cases higher rates can flood the network and actually slow things down. Make sure you use pcars 1 UDP mode (pcars 2 mode doesn't work).

Also, "speedy response appreciated" doesn't get you a speedier response, it's just comes across a bit rude :encouragement:

davidt33
14-01-2018, 12:03
actually, i think sms might have reversed this for pcars 2 so the highest rate is now 10, not 1. I'd go for 6 or 7 and see how it works out, no need to go higher that 7 really. I some cases higher rates can flood the network and actually slow things down. Make sure you use pcars 1 UDP mode (pcars 2 mode doesn't work).

Also, "speedy response appreciated" doesn't get you a speedier response, it's just comes across a bit rude :encouragement:

Thanks Mr Belowski.
Sorry for the "speedy response appreciated". No rudeness or offence was intended. Cheers.

Mascot
14-01-2018, 13:13
Heads up VR users of Crew Chief, and anyone who uses external speakers: I don't think this is common knowledge (I just found out today, and it has been mentioned in this thread, but it's SO DAMN AWESOME it needs mentioning again because it's SO DAMN AWESOME) but nAudio was added to Crew Chief some time before Christmas which lets you route CC audio from the app to any device. In my case this will mean I have main game audio piped to my 5.1 amp as normal, and Crew Chief sent to my Rift's headphones, just like it would be in a driver's helmet. I can't tell you how happy I am about this. I previously used Audiorouter to do a similar thing but it was a total hoop-jumping pain in the ass, needed resetting every race, sometimes stopped working altogether and always demoted my 5.1 audio to stereo. Having CC come through headphones makes it always clear and easy to understand, even over a LOUD amp, and just having the sound piped to my 'helmet' adds tremendously to immersion. Hell, even if you aren't a VR user but use external speakers it'll probably be better piping Crew Chief to headphones anyway for the same reasons. In Jim's own words from the AC forums:

Did I mention it's SO DAMN AWESOME?

Of course, a by-product of all this is that I can go totally HUD-free again now, which helps even more with immersion. Happy, happy, happy.

I love the new CC comments BTW, i seem to be hearing new ones all the time. Mr B, next time you are doing some voice work would it be possible to add a few more variations to the 'off track' message? I think there's just a couple of them at the moment ('stewards warning' and 'keep it between the white lines') and for incontinent cats like me who spend a lot of time in the kitty litter they can get a little repetitive. ;)
Many thanks if so, and many thanks if not. :)

BOB0011
15-01-2018, 23:12
Mascot: I have 5.1 surround sound and it provides both game and Crew Chief audio. You indicated that you can separate the two audio files and send CC to headphones. Can you provide some additional detail about what you did to accomplish this great idea. Thanks

Laserbeak43
16-01-2018, 12:32
Just bought these - they allow for simultaneous audio inputs. I'll have it running on the android app while I play on PS4.
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/g933-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

@mr_belowski can I have the app running in the background and use other apps?

mr_belowski
16-01-2018, 12:50
yes you can have the app running in the background and use other apps.

Bob - enable the "Use nAudio for playback" option in the Properties screen, restart the app, and you'll see 2 new list boxes (underneath the volume controls). These allow you to select which audio device to send the CC output to (one for messages, one for background sounds)

Mascot
16-01-2018, 13:41
Mascot: I have 5.1 surround sound and it provides both game and Crew Chief audio. You indicated that you can separate the two audio files and send CC to headphones. Can you provide some additional detail about what you did to accomplish this great idea. Thanks

Edit: See the post directly above this one. :)