PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G920 Issues

ASpeeedyNiNjA
22-09-2017, 13:45
Hi,

I pre-ordered Project Cars 2 digitally on the Xbox One Store.

I was really excited for this game...day one controller issues yet again, same as project cars one (Gamepad that time)

When driving in a straight line, or sitting still on the track. The Logitech G920 wheel violently yanks left & right non-stop, which makes the game unplayable. I double checked and the issues doesn't exist in project cars one. Just project cars 2. (The wheel still yanks left & right in corners, just not as severely)

Should I be going thru the effort/time to post video of this?

It says on the Xbox store support there are no refunds for online digital games. Does this include games that are broken, glitching out, etc. Right out of the box? If I can't let my guard down for a day, have a day off, and just play a new game. Which isn't too much to ask for, than I want a refund. I can't afford to be spending 100+ on a video game that doesn't even work.

ollieB
22-09-2017, 20:55
I have the same issue, as does a friend. We are back playing PC1 but VERY disappointed that something like this should happen with such an expensive game.

Gix916
22-09-2017, 22:45
to stop the wheel moving like that try setting the steering deadzone to 2 (or 3)

EightAlarmG8r
22-09-2017, 23:28
Yep I have the same problem. PC2 immediately recognized the G920 wheel and the latest LOgitech gaming software has a profile for PC2 but to no avail. The wheel has a mind of it's own, it yanks left and right violently and randomly. I can gain sporadic control if I invert the wheel and drive it 'upside down' but then the paddle shifters are reversed...what a mess! I called Logitech support and escalated a trouble ticket and waiting for a response from a techie...

Legendary4
22-09-2017, 23:51
Same problem here. Feels like the wheel is a robot doing his own thing. The game is totally unplayable. I would really like to know a solution to this bug.

Psychomatrix
23-09-2017, 04:56
What I want to know. Are the devs aware of the FFB issues. At the moment it seems impossible to get good FFB without shaking wheel on the straights. It's a real game braker too me. If that's not on list to fix I call amazon for a refund. I really not wonder now why Microsoft based sites are not so happy. Not because they been influenced from MS. No because the game have real issues. What I can't understand why the FFB that strange after 2,5 years working on the game. Even in the main menu the wheel starts to shake if you turn a bit to the right.

mike3648
23-09-2017, 10:13
Enjoying the game, but I am having a problem on the Logitech G920 wheel on Xbox One. I mapped the 'hand brake' to button 'B', but it fails to hold the car at start & I cannot do a hand brake turn to get around sharp bends. Any others with this issue?

transfix
23-09-2017, 11:04
Hi Guys,

I am running Fanatec however would like to know a few things from other wheel users. Are you able to select the various hud elements in "Edit Hud", can you "Cycle Lap Info" and can you scroll Driver Rosters in P,Q,R?

Thank you.

Switch8000
23-09-2017, 13:23
Is anyone else having problems with there G920 spent hours messing with the settings. It just moves left to right on its own can't drive in a straight line it's horrible. Can't play the game at all. I put project 1 back on an it works perfectly

MXR SMILER
23-09-2017, 13:37
Asked the same question and no response yet. Yes the wheel wobbles violently on G920 for me and at least 5 friends with the same wheel. There are also many other reports on this forum stating the same issue. The closest I have heard to an answer was in another thread and a moderator said that sms/wmd are aware of the issue and it will be fixed. Apparently it is someone else's fault ' cause they were too busy to test it themselves so outsourced the testing. I repeat my question - is this a bug and if so when will it be fixed?

m4nofsteel86
23-09-2017, 13:44
i have had the same issue, the game has been unplayable with my steering wheel. hope they fix this soon

snipeme77
23-09-2017, 14:08
Guys there's no less than 6 threads about this. They have all had on deck trying to fix it, just give them some time.

MXR SMILER
23-09-2017, 14:22
We run racing leagues with over 700 members many of whom own but can't use the G920. We would like to know for sure that this is known about and being fixed. An answer from the Devs is what we want. As yet I have seen no confirmation that they know of this issue and that they are working to fix it.....

Kennytomson
23-09-2017, 15:05
Just wanted to report same issue, g290 xbox1...wobble left/right. Willing to provide more detail/video to developers to help resolve.

EightAlarmG8r
23-09-2017, 18:49
Well I was able to at least make it playable to some degree. First in the Logitech Game software setting I has to disable the Project Cars profile. I set up a new default profile with the max wheel rotation set to 180 (default is 900!). Also the centering Spring Strength is set to 90% up from 10%. The wheel still plays off center to the left by about 15-25 degrees but that better than the 180 degree leeft offset. FFB is set to low for now and if you try different settings be sure re-calibrate in game. Also in the settings menu of LGS on the G920 tab I turned off the 'Allow Game to Adjust Force Settings' it appears this might be the key since the new FFB tweaks in the new version are buggy...

Methadone Man
24-09-2017, 02:19
Well I was able to at least make it playable to some degree. First in the Logitech Game software setting I has to disable the Project Cars profile. I set up a new default profile with the max wheel rotation set to 180 (default is 900!). Also the centering Spring Strength is set to 90% up from 10%. The wheel still plays off center to the left by about 15-25 degrees but that better than the 180 degree leeft offset. FFB is set to low for now and if you try different settings be sure re-calibrate in game. Also in the settings menu of LGS on the G920 tab I turned off the 'Allow Game to Adjust Force Settings' it appears this might be the key since the new FFB tweaks in the new version are buggy...

Wrong platform. This is Xbox technical support page.

Methadone Man
24-09-2017, 02:20
Yes. Me too. It's happening to all Logitech g920 users on Xbox.

Ian Bell
24-09-2017, 03:24
We have already improved it substantially internally. It's coming 'I'm almost sure' in the next patch.

Ian Bell
24-09-2017, 04:27
Multiple threads on this guys but we've already improved things internally and it's coming to you in a patch soon.

denis74
24-09-2017, 10:36
A mate from a spanish forum has deleted the game, downloading again and G920 wheel working fine. Try this guys.

Kennytomson
24-09-2017, 11:59
Thank you for the response Ian Bell. I will stop posting about the issue, wanted to make sure you guys were aware. Hopefully Microsoft can push this through quickly, currently unplayable right now.

By he way, did a clean reinstall with same problem on xbox one, did not fix issue.

Kennytomson
24-09-2017, 12:07
I would advise Xbox one/g290 owners to play with a controller until the patch, the right/left jerking can't be heathy for the wheel.

Thanks to SMS for the quick response to the issue, not sure how something this like this got through on release though?

Elmo
24-09-2017, 12:46
There will be a fix soon. Until then you can mitigate the issue a bit by switching the FFB Flavor from "Immersive" to "Informative" in the game options.

hkraft300
24-09-2017, 13:56
The right/left jerking happens in PC1 too going in a straight line if you don't hold the wheel.
The motor pushes on your hand to give you feedback, but you're holding it too soft so it overshoots and has to correct itself, overshoots again and repeats until you're in the wall.

Hold the wheel at all times. Hold it tight, or reduce gain in force feedback settings.

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 00:13
Problem is tie to fx level. Max out tone to get away from fx focus and turn fx off or nearly off.

Switch8000
25-09-2017, 12:03
Its not how a car handles I got the game an the wheel to drive not use a game pad will not be playing untill it's sorted. If it's still the same by the time forza is out thats the end of me an project cars an not to answer my emails is just poor in my eyes

Jennsen
25-09-2017, 16:32
We have already improved it substantially internally. It's coming 'I'm almost sure' in the next patch.

Hey!

I also have this problem. I'm playing with 35 gain. It feels as the FFB is turned off.

Thanks for the feedback anyway. Can you check with the team and give us an answer that is a little more specific? I saw that you mentioned on another post that "it's coming to you in a patch soon" and now you mention that you're almost sure that it's coming on the next one. This issue is really annoying and i'm pretty sure it has the potential to cause mechanical problems to my steering wheel.

Cya!

Jennsen
25-09-2017, 16:35
The right/left jerking happens in PC1 too going in a straight line if you don't hold the wheel.
The motor pushes on your hand to give you feedback, but you're holding it too soft so it overshoots and has to correct itself, overshoots again and repeats until you're in the wall.

Hold the wheel at all times. Hold it tight, or reduce gain in force feedback settings.

I, respectfully, don't agree with your suggestion. I tried the wheel with several cars and in some of them holding the wheel would make it do a series of strong clicks that sounded like it was going to break. There are some instances in which the wheel jerks violently while the car is stopped, showing that it is not an usual feedback of the track's patterns.

hkraft300
25-09-2017, 20:01
In that case mate please provide more details.
What game mode? Solo/MP/how many AI?
Track? Car? Controller settings? Ffb settings? Manual or auto pits? Driver version...
Every possible detail to replicate the behaviour.
The developers are watching these threads. Help them replicate the issue so they can pinpoint and fix it.

SnowLeopard
25-09-2017, 21:30
Multiple threads on this guys but we've already improved things internally and it's coming to you in a patch soon.

If the same is true for G29 on PS4, could you post in that sub-forum too please? Thanks.

Jennsen
25-09-2017, 23:11
In that case mate please provide more details.
What game mode? Solo/MP/how many AI?
Track? Car? Controller settings? Ffb settings? Manual or auto pits? Driver version...
Every possible detail to replicate the behaviour.
The developers are watching these threads. Help them replicate the issue so they can pinpoint and fix it.

Thanx for the suggestion, but I unfortunately will not have time for that. Hopefully someone will. I know of some videos on youtube on this matter, but can't post links here yet.

Anyhow, I still consider that people should not force their wheel if they have the issue mentioned by the OP.

Jennsen
25-09-2017, 23:12
There will be a fix soon. Until then you can mitigate the issue a bit by switching the FFB Flavor from "Immersive" to "Informative" in the game options.

Just to inform others. This option did not work for me.

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 00:46
Tone to 95-100
Fx to 0-5

ASpeeedyNiNjA
26-09-2017, 02:10
Hi Hix916, I tried out your idea. Same issue though all the way up too steering deadzone 8.

Ian Bell
26-09-2017, 03:38
Same problem here. Cant play it. If all Xbox one + G920 users heve this problem, that means the devs didnt tested the game before the release? Or just ignored the fact that it doesnt work with wheels so they could keep selling lots of pre-sales? Thats bs.. Sorry about my english level, Im Brazilian.

OK I'm losing patience guys. Can we not open new threads on this?

Mods, please merge these in to one of the 5 threads we've responded in detail to....

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 03:40

Mods, please merge these in to one of the 5 threads we've responded in detail to....

From now on I'll be merging every Logitech G920 into a big thread. I'm bored about this threads too.

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 03:42
Merged the G920 XBX Thread. Please everyone note that this issue is being acknowledged by SMS and will be patched as soon as possible.

never enough
26-09-2017, 09:34
I'm bored about this threads too.

Lol I'm sorry you find all these threads boring. I can assure you, those of us with a G920 who visit the forums regularly to share our experiences and check for news on timing of patch with a fix, are far from bored.

Schadows
26-09-2017, 13:45
Lol I'm sorry you find all these threads boring. I can assure you, those of us with a G920 who visit the forums regularly to share our experiences and check for news on timing of patch with a fix, are far from bored.They're bored about the fact people create new threads about their issue without checking if someone already raised the same issue or if it was answered by the team in existing threads pertaining to that same issue. And in that case, it both has been (patch incoming).

I'm sure the fact people have issues isn't funny for them either (more work u__u)

Jennsen
26-09-2017, 14:24
Hey guys, just a suggestion.

Yes, people were creating several posts that should be merged, but mentioning "losing patience" and "bored about this threads" may be perceived as simply unempathic. I know the team was aiming the posts and not the situation of the players, but it may be easily taken out of context.

Facing the issue of the G920, I'm not giving up on PC2 because I can see that the developer really tried to bring the best they have into the game and also because I've been following and helped - just a little bit - fund PC1. My feeling today is that of anxiety, because I bought something that I really liked and can't properly enjoy it.

In my case, this feeling of anxiety led me to the forum just to let the developers know that the issue exists. I think that is the best way to deal with it. Other people, as we have seen, solve their problem of anxiety with creating new posts, with criticism and passive aggression. Although I consider it unnecessary, I can understand the feeling that led them to that.

In these cases, a simple message detailing what the team is doing about the issue would solve the problem. People would try to search for their problem on google and find out that it is being resolved.

What I am sure adds to the anxiety, is that the issue is related to all the G920s, which leads to the question: is it a problem related to my hardware or the game itself? I was really anxious about that yesterday, because where I live the g920 is the only affordable wheel available - and it is still REALLY expensive. Another message detailing what the team know about this issue would, again, solve such kind of anxiety.

Now, however, what is being perpetuated is a sparse message of "we are looking into it" and unempathic messages. I'm pretty sure people that have the same problem I have will keep posting and the moderators will have to keep working on this. Isn't it simpler to tell the consumer how are you guys dealing with the issue?

Just wanted to give this suggestion, maybe it helps. I loved the game and I'll be calmly waiting for the next patch.

Cya.

Coopz21x
26-09-2017, 14:53

I'm assuming you are aware of the issue of the wheel deciding it wants to just fully turn one way while you are in the pit garage.....

I'm not even going to comment on what you just said about getting bored. that just sums up you game creators, but hey ho you win because we gave you our money for this.....

Jennsen
26-09-2017, 16:07
Ah, bored? Really? What about those who paid for your game and cant play it because have to wait a "future patch"? Sad.. You should say "sorry", not "losing patience".

Anyway, thanks for at least admitting that the problem exists.

Maaan. I forgot to answer you last time. I know that in Brazil - as I'm brazilian - the consumer law gives people the right to complain like you are doing, but that is not the case in international sales in which the brazilian consumer law does not apply. They know that you have no power over them. They know you won't litigate to fight for your "rights" for a perfect product since the beggining.

Anyway, Ian just lost his patience because you said that they sold the game voluntarily with this issue so they could profit with the situation and then you said "that is bullshit", something that was totally uncalled for. Try to be polite and good things will come. Soon enough the issue will be solved.

Jennsen
26-09-2017, 18:01
In fact the CD was bought in Brazil, so the CDC (consumer law) defends me. Art. 26, II. (By coincidence, I've been working on Procon for two years now). Either way, I do not want to return the game or get a refund, I want it to work. About the "bs", it really does not make sense that any player has noticed the problem in 2 minutes with the game in hands and a team has not noticed in years of development. I will not continue the discussion, because the team has already answered that it is solving the problem (and also that theyr tired of seeing new posts about this).

I'm sorry if my vocabulary offends someone, but the situation is frustrating.

What I said has nothing to do with applicable law. It is something related to the power you have against the SMS and politeness. What i am saying is that you won't be able to start litigation in London forcing SMS to force them to solve the issue and that the forum is a place in which SMS pays attention to what we say and we should be thankful and always be polite. It is really counterproductive to annoy the SMS members while they are trying to solve our problem. The game is really good and our problem is only related to some players that has the G920 and we should take that into consideration before stating that they are incompetent or are acting in bad faith like you've done.

Sorry about creating this discussion guys, but I find it important that all members act politely in here. Just wanted him to understand.

Cya!

mmaisterrena
27-09-2017, 00:53
I will be checking this thread daily until the fix comes, I will only buy the game after that happens. I’m sorry for all The early adopters who have to deal with this after the excitement, I understand your frustration. Hope the developer gets the fix ASAP so that he can stop getting bored, the game looks awesome just stop the attitude say sorry, fix this and everyone will be happy.

Devosious
27-09-2017, 01:40
Ok - so I have a G920 as well, I get the same thing but it is meant to be like that - it's called Force Feedback - you just have to hold the wheel straight

Maybe try lowering the Volume or not using the Raw FFB setting - I personally wish I could turn the force feedback up more TBH

IMO it is NOT a bug - just the way the game translates the engine vibration

Devosious
27-09-2017, 01:51
I am not trying to be smart either - I have just had a thought though - I have the actual physical disc and have no issues

I am just wondering if the guys experiencing the problem have the digital copy?

EMW Smiler
27-09-2017, 02:09
Yes I have the issue and purchased the digital copy. This issue has been acknowledged by WMD/SMS and will be fixed soon.
If it's working OK why are they fixing it? I think you are in for a pleasant surprise when the patch drops....

Devosious
27-09-2017, 03:50
Mmmmm well I just hope it doesn't stuff it up for me lol

I like how it feels at the moment :-)

Jennsen
27-09-2017, 04:55
I can finally post links.

Here is the video I mentioned: link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn-PL0U9Fpo)

I think you got lucky Devosious. =]

Jennsen
27-09-2017, 05:00
I will be checking this thread daily until the fix comes, I will only buy the game after that happens. I’m sorry for all The early adopters who have to deal with this after the excitement, I understand your frustration. Hope the developer gets the fix ASAP so that he can stop getting bored, the game looks awesome just stop the attitude say sorry, fix this and everyone will be happy.

I'll try to remember and send you a message so you can get the news in your e-mail.

Switch8000
27-09-2017, 06:00
I really dont care about people getting bord or if I'm opting new posts or anything like that. I'm fed up with games coming out an not being 100%. For the record the new forza demo works perfect with the G920. If game makers what to keep a fan base they need to get the basics down first.

z3r0cool77
27-09-2017, 13:18
Forza demo was terrible on g920. Canned wheel wobble any time you hit the brakes is so redic and unbearable. Unistalled after about 20 minutes of attempts to make it not suck.

T Ghost
27-09-2017, 19:30
Forza demo was terrible on g920. Canned wheel wobble any time you hit the brakes is so redic and unbearable. Unistalled after about 20 minutes of attempts to make it not suck.

I had a completely different experience than you. Except for the Porsche FM7 demo was perfect with G920. Turning all assists on Porsche made it perfect with G920 too. Playing on Xbox one S.

T Ghost
27-09-2017, 19:34
Mmmmm well I just hope it doesn't stuff it up for me lol

I like how it feels at the moment :-)

I have physical copy. Even deleted and installed again. Its game breaking. to be able to play I have to drop FFB gain to 30 and almost kill FX. It's a gimped FFB at this point, feels like playing with a $50 wheel. Glad it is working for you with FFB 100. BTW, it is not normal to have the wheel violently wobble left to right with the car on a straight at 20mph. This is not how FFB works.

ASpeeedyNiNjA
27-09-2017, 23:42
I got the digital copy. I understand what you're saying, but trust me. There's a difference between having to hold the wheel straight due to normal FFB reactions, and have to 'force' it straight because it's yanking left and right so violently. Even at a dead stop a wheel isn't supposed to yank left and right, in real life or a simulator. It's a violent yank.

(Glad to hear it's working fine with the physical copies.)

Ok - so I have a G920 as well, I get the same thing but it is meant to be like that - it's called Force Feedback - you just have to hold the wheel straight

Maybe try lowering the Volume or not using the Raw FFB setting - I personally wish I could turn the force feedback up more TBH

IMO it is NOT a bug - just the way the game translates the engine vibration

ASpeeedyNiNjA
27-09-2017, 23:43
I own PC1 too. The wheel doesn't violently yank left and right at a dead stop in PC1. In PC2 however, the yanking is so bad it makes the game unplayable. I have experience racing in real life, it's dastardly bad. Bad enough if it ever did anything that bad in real life it'd be prudent to pull off the track immediately.

hkraft300
27-09-2017, 23:55
Wait a second:

Who's having problems? Disc version or digital?

No ffb problems, disc version.

T Ghost
28-09-2017, 00:33
Wait a second:

Severe FFB issues, broken game level. Disc version.

What is your wheel and hardware (S/original XB1)?

aleph99
28-09-2017, 00:48
As far as I can tell, the issue affects all copies of PC2 on Xbox, whether digital or in disc, and all devices to some extent. Many non-G920 users (including people who use the Xbox controller) seem to be experiencing FFB fluctuations depending on the car, the number of AI on track and other factors. With the G920, however, the wobbling is constant even when the car is parked with the engine off (and sometimes in the menus). According to Ian Bell, SMS is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

hkraft300
28-09-2017, 02:08
I'm on PS4 with G29, disc version. No dramas except a bit of UI slowness.
My mates on PS4 with G29/T300 with disc version are enjoying the title. The ones with digital are having dramas.

Coopz21x
28-09-2017, 03:58
Wait a second:

XBOX Disc version and I have FFB problems... so not that. Don’t see how that would cause a problem

hkraft300
28-09-2017, 07:04
... Don’t see how that would cause a problem

Neither do I! Shouldn't be any different after the Day 1 patch at least.
But it happened on PS4 with PC1. Digital version was more buggy/temperamental.

mi6_
28-09-2017, 19:03
It’s the same game whether it’s disc or digital. Highly doubt that is the problem. Glad to hear a fix is in the works already.

I have a Logitech G920, disc version on original Xbox One. I’ve noticed the following problems:

- wheel vibrates strongly anytime it is moves slightly off-center while sitting in any of the menus outside of a driving session
- when you are in the garage the wheel goes all loose and starts to rotate to lock slowly. As soon as your car leaves the garage it very quickly and violently snaps to center.
- the wheel shakes on center anytime your driving in spa straight line.

Hopefully these bugs are fixed soon. Overall less problems than the first Project Cars on Xbox so I’m optimistic this game will be dialed in soon for Xbox players.

mmaisterrena
29-09-2017, 16:07
Question for the developers, have you all ready submitted the patch containing the fix to Microsoft or are you still working on it in-house?

Tanabe
29-09-2017, 17:46
waiting for the update.

BrulesRule14
30-09-2017, 01:41
On top of the basic G920 issues as above, it's not acceptable for FFB to vary between game modes and AI number without any change in FFB settings. This is what I am experiencing. Is anyone else getting the same and if so, is this only a G920 issue?

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:53
On top of the basic G920 issues as above, it's not acceptable for FFB to vary between game modes and AI number without any change in FFB settings. This is what I am experiencing. Is anyone else getting the same and if so, is this only a G920 issue?

Do you mean for the same car? The feel should absolutely vary between cars, for realism.

mmaisterrena
30-09-2017, 06:07
I think he means that for the same car the behavior will change depending of the mode (solo, career , multi) I have seen videos on YouTube stating that (career working fine but not other modes)

BrulesRule14
30-09-2017, 09:29
I think he means that for the same car the behavior will change depending of the mode (solo, career , multi) I have seen videos on YouTube stating that (career working fine but not other modes)

This. Thanks for clarifying! Same car and setup on same track and conditions in a private session vs. career mode and I need to take a different approach to driving the car, as the FFB behaves differently. I am generally having more trouble getting decent lap times in career quali and FP (traffic not the issue), though I'm not sure if this is a feature of career mode in order to create the sensation of 'dialing in' as the quali or FP progresses.

Then again, I may be imagining this. Then again, not sure if this is limited to the G920. Thanks for readinng.

David Semperger
30-09-2017, 16:46
This. Thanks for clarifying! Same car and setup on same track and conditions in a private session vs. career mode and I need to take a different approach to driving the car, as the FFB behaves differently. I am generally having more trouble getting decent lap times in career quali and FP (traffic not the issue), though I'm not sure if this is a feature of career mode in order to create the sensation of 'dialing in' as the quali or FP progresses.

Then again, I may be imagining this. Then again, not sure if this is limited to the G920. Thanks for readinng.

Are you absolutely sure the FFB (how strongly you feel the road surface, kerbs, tire slip, etc.) changes as well, or only how the car behaves? Mmaisterrena only mentioned the car behavior, to which you replied "This." and then mentioned the FFB again, thereby contradicting yourself a little. FFB changes would be a different thing altogether compared to only if car handling changes.

The car behavior can definitely differ a lot depending on environmental factors, which would need to be checked and compared between the solo, career and multiplayer events you did. Active season, time of day, how clear is the sky (so the amount of sunlight), wind direction and strength, the selected track's elevation above sea level, how much the track is rubbered in (which is increased for time trials I believe), all these affect the a car's behavior. If any of them differed between the events you did, then it follows that the car behaved differently as well, since it may have produced less power due to a difference in track elevation (a slightly less powerful car is a bit easier to drive in general), its tires may have warmed at different rates and reached different temperatures in the end due to the varying ambient and track temperatures (same goes for the brakes) and wind could have affected the aerodynamics.

FFB strength for example shouldn't change however, although how the car feels through the FFB definitely can, due to the above listed factors.

BrulesRule14
30-09-2017, 18:21
With all the factors you mentioned, I'll admit I likely haven't controlled enough of those for sure to say. I won't argue that what I'm perceiving isn't as you summed up: "FFB strength for example shouldn't change however, although how the car feels through the FFB definitely can, due to the above listed factors."

If so, this is separate from the already identified G920 issues that the thread is based on. I'll stop commenting on it.

aleph99
02-10-2017, 00:01
Hey SMS, any news about the fix for the G920?

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 00:03
Hey SMS, any news about the fix for the G920?

Somebody said there's a patch on the way.
In the mean time, you can try deleting the profiler and reinstall the drivers?

aleph99
02-10-2017, 00:21
Somebody said there's a patch on the way.
In the mean time, you can try deleting the profiler and reinstall the drivers?

Thanks, but I mean for the XBox. My profile says PC because this is the version of PC1 I owned, but I bought PC2 for the Xbox (and so far have been unable to enjoy it).

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 00:25
Thanks, but I mean for the XBox. My profile says PC because this is the version of PC1 I owned, but I bought PC2 for the Xbox (and so far have been unable to enjoy it).

Patch is on the way for Xbox and ps4. Not sure if bits been submitted, but bit has to go through Sony and MS red tape too.

Gix916
02-10-2017, 14:41

you can change your profile to say xbox if you want..

Coopz21x
02-10-2017, 18:10
It makes me laugh how shite this game actually is. :very_drunk:

Gix916
02-10-2017, 18:28

i think you meant to have posted this in the Forza section....

Aldo Zampatti
02-10-2017, 18:33

Banned, I would NOT take abusive comments like this.

Aldo Zampatti
02-10-2017, 18:35
i think you meant to have posted this in the Forza section....

And no :) We can critiquice others and our game itself in a respectful way. (I know you did not meant it though) ;)

mmaisterrena
03-10-2017, 00:48
This game looks awesome, a new level of simulation for the console market. I’m just waiting for the fix so I can play it as soon as the download is done and enjoy it using my G920 wheel, hope the fix comes soon.

mmaisterrena
03-10-2017, 17:13
Is everyone with a G920 experiencing the crazy ffb issue or there’s a chance that I get lucky and won’t have this problem?

d4ninho
03-10-2017, 18:04
The patch will be out in around 2 weeks, forza 7 jst came out so no patches for anything else, microsoft make sure there game works though before release and they do what all game companies should do, buy servers.

with the profits from pc1 they should have bought as many servers as they could, then releases smaller changes to pcars 1, with stable lobbies the game would have easily lasted longer, car updates and tracks dlc could have been the future, but instead we got another game which has lots of problems and things that were fixed in 1 broken again.

servers,servers,servers....thats all we really want

rice_classic
03-10-2017, 23:50
servers,servers,servers....thats all we really want

Well - SMS isn't Microsoft and their game is on 3 platforms, neither of which they own. FM is only on 2 platforms both of which are in-house. Secondly - these companies are for-profit businesses and expense dollars need to be met with revenue dollars. Buying servers ain't cheap.

I get that "we want servers" but to be honest - the methods SMS has at their disposal to collect the necessary revenue to fund those servers may, in fact, not be all we really want.

mmaisterrena
03-10-2017, 23:50
2 weeks of agony

mmaisterrena
04-10-2017, 00:48
Bought Forza 7 instead :( at least that works with my G920, will buy this one if the Xbox one x version has some nice enhancements and this gets fixed

Switch8000
05-10-2017, 05:32
Got forza 7 works perfect with the G920 an is a really good game shame pc2 had to mess this up as I really liked the first one an not to reply to me at all is not on. Just a simple e are working on it would of done.

hkraft300
05-10-2017, 07:23
They are working on it. They've said so a few times on this forum, in one of the many xb1/g920 threads.

forza 7 is a really good game...

:glee:

coggin66
05-10-2017, 20:59
Has the G920 patch been submitted to MS yet?

never enough
07-10-2017, 22:16
I played with a controller on PC1 which was unplayable on release. I play with a G920 on PC2 which is virtually unplayable on release. I refuse to play it until it's patched.

tomsku28
08-10-2017, 21:39
Hi, I can't map buttons RSB / LSB to anything on the logitech G920 (Xbox one). Someone who is able to map the buttons?

I have tried Logitech G29 on PS4 with pc2 and there I could map every button on the wheel.

Thank you for your reply :)

z3r0cool77
08-10-2017, 22:41
The rsb and lsb buttons are not supported. I have no idea why but its a logitech microsoft thing as far as I know. I read somewhere that MS was going to add it but no idea. Also no idea why the didnt just map them to the shoulder buttons.

Was actually wondering the other day. I dont know much about controller wiring but I wonder if it might be possible to mod it so that xbox recognizes them as shoulder inputs.

tomsku28
08-10-2017, 23:52
The rsb and lsb buttons are not supported. I have no idea why but its a logitech microsoft thing as far as I know. I read somewhere that MS was going to add it but no idea. Also no idea why the didnt just map them to the shoulder buttons.

Was actually wondering the other day. I dont know much about controller wiring but I wonder if it might be possible to mod it so that xbox recognizes them as shoulder inputs.

Thank you, atleast now I know why..
Well maybe change it to G29 and play PC2 on PS4 pro instead for xbox versjon - G29 feels better than G920 on the supported functions. There you can map all buttons.

And brake pedal on G920 feels stiffer vs G29 ( That said G29 are stiff/hard enough )

mmaisterrena
09-10-2017, 03:35
Has the G920 patch been submitted to MS yet?
Prepair to wait.

BTW yes forza 7 works perfectly with the g920 and its a good game, definetly not a hardcore sim but fun

z3r0cool77
09-10-2017, 11:51
Personally cant stand the ffb in forza 7. Effects are canned and feel terrible. Feels like one of those big racing games at the arcade. Not to mention how much I hate the rediculous 3 lap last to first race style in forza. Again its best comparison is something you have to keep feeding quarters to. Yes, thats what it means to be "arcade racer" but its so blatent its not even amusing. Its just not engaging. Painting the cars is more engaging than the driving in forza. I'll never buy another forza till they cut all the crap.

aleph99
09-10-2017, 13:41
Not to mention how much I hate the rediculous 3 lap last to first race style in forza. Again its best comparison is something you have to keep feeding quarters to.

Actually, in Forza 7, for the first time, you can change career race duration to Long or Very Long in the Assists menu (why they don't allow us to specify the number of laps instead is a mystery to me). The driving model also seems a bit improved. Having said that, the rest is an epic mess, with obnoxious loot crates, ridiculous dancing avatars when all we wanted was a way to paint our helmets, the disappearance of leaderboards, and the inexplicable homologation system, which has made the whole tuning & collecting side of the game pointless. In short, they've killed the game.

z3r0cool77
09-10-2017, 18:44
I was done at forza 5. Was a total mess, then tried 6 for a couple of days and took it back. Wild cards that boost car performance? I mean really? Then played the demo for 7 and was appaled. The day they say "Forza turns sim" will be the day I even consider another one.

mmaisterrena
10-10-2017, 06:18
I wasn’t going to buy Forza 7 but this issue made me do it, and I’m liking it for what it is, although I would have preferred buying PC2 but this was a deal breaker for me

Hvrvldi
11-10-2017, 15:55
Refunds work when u have been played game 10-15 hours and max 2 weeks at buy. And refund is working microsoft accounts website.

mmaisterrena
11-10-2017, 16:16
Actually the refound policy on Xbox games is: less than 2 hours of game play and no more than 2 weeks after the purchase, although I don’t have anything to return, I’m enjoying forza and never got PC2 because of the g920 issue and no date for the patch.

Major Epidemic
11-10-2017, 16:28
Oh give it a rest. Glad your enjoying Forza but please stop posting negatively about PC2.

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 16:50
A closer comparison to forza is mario cart plain and simple. If you want to race you buy pcars if you want sports car barbie dressup you buy forza. Ppl saying they bought forza instead of pcars is like saying you bought a new bra for your wife instead of a new car.

To say you bought forza instead becauseof g920 bugs, do you even know what they are? I play on xbox with a g920 and unless there are over 16 cars on track I have no real issues. In fact I prefer pc2 ffb over other games like f1 2017 and forza. Since I have yet to run a career race with over 16 cars its been a complete non issue for me. I only even became aware of the problem when I was just messing around w custom events and left it set to a max field of cars.

hkraft300
11-10-2017, 22:59
[I’m enjoying forza and never got PC2 ...

Well then you have no effing clue what you're talking about so...
BYE!

Go play forza, chase down some "loot crates" and drivatars :glee:

mmaisterrena
12-10-2017, 06:56
Very funny kid :rolleyes:, I’m not talking bad about PC2 I’m just waiting for the fix, not planning on buying another wheel in the near future, I’m diying to play this game just as some of you, but can’t at the moment, that’s why I check this board daily hopping good news will come up eventually.

mmaisterrena
12-10-2017, 06:59
A closer comparison to forza is mario cart plain and simple. If you want to race you buy pcars if you want sports car barbie dressup you buy forza. Ppl saying they bought forza instead of pcars is like saying you bought a new bra for your wife instead of a new car.

To say you bought forza instead becauseof g920 bugs, do you even know what they are? I play on xbox with a g920 and unless there are over 16 cars on track I have no real issues. In fact I prefer pc2 ffb over other games like f1 2017 and forza. Since I have yet to run a career race with over 16 cars its been a complete non issue for me. I only even became aware of the problem when I was just messing around w custom events and left it set to a max field of cars.

Are you 100% on this? no one has mentioned that in the board, will the problem won’t show up if I do hot lapping?

Kennytomson
14-10-2017, 02:07
Fixed with patch, wanted to publicly thank since I publicly shamed.

but this big of an issue should have never happened, especially since there are really only 2 wheels for the system. Willing to offer my play testing services for any future releases of project car games for Xbox one / g920. Will work for free, and even willing to buy my own copy. Not an expert sim racer by any stretch, but noticed this problem within minutes obviously. Maybe doing a closed beta a month or two before release could have saved some heartache for Xbox one owners out there.

Trabbant
14-10-2017, 02:09
So it's really sorted now? My acid test will be in about 25 minutes...

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 02:10

but this big of an issue should have never happened, especially since there are really only 2 wheels for the system. Willing to offer my services for any future releases of project cars to play test on Xbox one / g920. Will work for free, and willing to buy my own copy.

The annoying thing was that it was fine on 'some' g920s, based on FW version numbers. And of course, the one we tested on was fine... Anyway, we've fixed it now.

Aldo Zampatti
14-10-2017, 02:12

but this big of an issue should have never happened, especially since there are really only 2 wheels for the system. Willing to offer my services for any future releases of project cars to play test on Xbox one / g920. Will work for free, and willing to buy my own copy.

Thanks for confirming. In terms of testing, BETA in consoles is a tough thing for an independent developer. :) IF SMS decides to go WMD3, stay tuned and join them, is an awesome trip :)

Trabbant
14-10-2017, 02:17
It's all good Ian,

My wheel is 2 months old and I bought the game yesterday, I dived in knowing the problems and thought 'how bad can it be'? Answer, not that bad, but not good either, still had a blast though. I love the game. I'm an old school simmer, Revs, Indy 500, LFS, but had a gap of a decade or so...

Problem with testing is you cannot account for every single thing. It's consumer level unfortunately, not like you can request a reference level setup from Logitech to test against.

<edit>

Oh and BTW I think the XBOX release is a bloody brilliant thing, I've been around a while and what you have achieved on the Vanilla Xbox One is amazing really.

Trabbant
14-10-2017, 02:27
And lorks a lordy the wheel is fixed!

Ace, magic and top banana.

ShneebnaMRR108
14-10-2017, 05:21
I'm a G920 user also, and would have and will test for free. 43 years in electronics and a QA manager. Thank you for fixing the G920 issue so quickly.

never enough
14-10-2017, 11:05
Is it fixed?

Custom event
Falcon V8SC
Bathurst, 3 laps
21 opponents
Flavour: Immersive
Hard reset Xbox

Wheel shaking uncontrollably when driving in a straight line.

I repeated the same conditions but with 9 opponents and there was no shaking.

Changed it back to 21 opponents and it started shaking uncontrollably again.

Bluebird76
14-10-2017, 11:08
still have massive Problems

was there some Firmware update for the wheel latley ?

damn I´m so annoyed ......

T Ghost
14-10-2017, 16:07
Is it fixed?

Custom event
Falcon V8SC
Bathurst, 3 laps
21 opponents
Hard reset Xbox

still have massive Problems

was there some Firmware update for the wheel latley ?

damn I´m so annoyed ......

For me it improved but didn't fix the G920:

Stoped issue of wheel fully turning to one side after loading race/session and showing car inside the boxes
At full stop, on the track, wheel doesn't strongly wobble left and right, even with gain at 100
Wheel still wobbles left + right at straights but at a lesser grade

Persistent G920 Issues after 2.0 patch:

Wheel still strongly wobbles left and right
Release the wheel for 1 second, 100% straight, 60 mph, enough to completely spin any car
Issue happens independently of FFB flavor and settings, even with FX at Zero, gain, volume and tone at 50
Xbox One S
OS: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171012-1520 (preview alpha ring 10/13/17 update)
Hard reset Xbox AFTER installing patch and running it once
G920 updated to latest firmware on PC, FW Version 96.3.49, from 6-MAY-2016

This is beyond frustrating. Had high hopes for 2.0...

Trabbant
14-10-2017, 16:30
Trouble is one man's wheel wobble is another man's acceptable level of twitchyness, yes I still have some shakes but barely noticeable when racing.

And 60mph hands off for 1 second? Yeah there is the inkling of a tank slapper but no spinning or anything.

I've got the settings reasonably high for what I want.

The G920 is a bit rough round the edges with its gearing and wotnot, but you need to enjoy what you have, right?

For me the patch has sorted out the wheel problems very well.

Mowzer
14-10-2017, 16:34
I was thinking my G920 was pretty much spot on now really :confused:.

Yoshi63
14-10-2017, 17:33
Since I installed the patch the calibration of the pedals of my G920 no longer work. On my steering wheel the maximum physical brake pressure is equivalent to 50 on the calibration screen gauge. Only once on the track by pressing the pedal to the maximum I have only 50% braking power, like the game do not apply the calibration. I tried to hardreboot the console, unplug the steering wheel, nothing changed. I tried in another game (Dirt Rally) without worries. The game is unplayable because I can not brake hard enough. I had no worries before the patch.

aleph99
14-10-2017, 19:53
I only did some preliminary testing, but to me the wobbling is gone and FFB is spot on. Whew!

I had already expressed my opinion about PC2 here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54316-Praise-where-praise-is-due), but I must add that what SMS did with the weather system is truly evolutionary, in a sector that often seems to be going backwards. This is quite a beautiful game. I still have some qualms about console implementation, but those are all minor issues and I will post them somewhere else. All in all, this is the racing game I had been expecting for a long time.

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 20:34
Is it fixed?

Custom event
Falcon V8SC
Bathurst, 3 laps
21 opponents
Hard reset Xbox

the game

Same for me, the G920 becomes possessed at high speeds, particularly on high speed straights, where it rocks left and right leaving it impossible to steer. I've already had one refund because of this problem with the G920, repurchased the game after learning that the patch had resolved the issue *NOT*, so where do I go form here? Pretty shit for a AAA game. SMS should hang their head in shame...

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 20:40
I only did some preliminary testing, but to me the wobbling is gone and FFB is spot on. Whew!

I had already expressed my opinion about PC2 here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54316-Praise-where-praise-is-due), but I must add that what SMS did with the weather system is truly evolutionary, in a sector that often seems to be going backwards. This is quite a beautiful game. I still have some qualms about console implementation, but those are all minor issues and I will post them somewhere else. All in all, this is the racing game I had been expecting for a long time.

Nope, the "wobbling" hasn't gone away, it's still very prominent on the G920.

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 20:43
For me it improved but didn't fix the G920:

Stoped issue of wheel fully turning to one side after loading race/session and showing car inside the boxes
At full stop, on the track, wheel doesn't strongly wobble left and right, even with gain at 100
Wheel still wobbles left + right at straights but at a lesser grade

Persistent G920 Issues after 2.0 patch:

Wheel still strongly wobbles left and right
Release the wheel for 1 second, 100% straight, 60 mph, enough to completely spin any car
Issue happens independently of FFB flavor and settings, even with FX at Zero, gain, volume and tone at 50
Xbox One S
OS: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171012-1520 (preview alpha ring 10/13/17 update)
Hard reset Xbox AFTER installing patch and running it once
G920 updated to latest firmware on PC, FW Version 96.3.49, from 6-MAY-2016

This is beyond frustrating. Had high hopes for 2.0...

Agreed, same for me, G920 - frustrating and very pissed off

T Ghost
14-10-2017, 21:31
Just reminding that this issue does NOT happen at all with Assetto Corsa, a known true Sim with a great FFB implementation on Xbox One, from a VERY small studio. There is absolutely no wobling on straights and strong, accurate FFB.

Issue also does not happen with Forza 5-7, and Forza Horizon 2 and 3.

Trabbant
15-10-2017, 01:09
Rather than bitching it would help if you listed your FFB settings and perhaps tried some other settings?

For instance, braking, I have set the brake sensitivity to 80%, sorts out the brake pressure issue.

Configure the wheel with a full left hand rotation and then 900 to the right as per instructions.

I have:

Steering deadzone: 0
Flavour: Informative (or Immersive).
Gain: 75
Volume: 50
Tone: 30
FX: 30

With this the force feedback is good and strong.

Go ahead and try it and then say what is happening and it might make more sense.

Boondock
15-10-2017, 10:46
The instructions say 90° to the right, not 900.

The wheel still violently shakes with the above settings.

If someone could post a video showing exactly how they turn the wheel during calibration, it would be really appreciated.

Kennytomson
15-10-2017, 13:58
Honda oval indycar at Indy, private testing vs race with 31cars feels different. Not sure if that’s a bug or not.

Wheel still turns after loading private testing while sitting still in pits. Once press start it goes away.

Wheel has been fixed for the most part, but my guess is there are still minor issues that need to be addressed.

ASpeeedyNiNjA
15-10-2017, 14:31
I just tried PC2 again with the G920, it works fine now in my experience. There are normal level's of wheel oscillation during driving, but the violent wheel wobbles during straight stretch driving are gone, and so are the violent wobbles that happened when your vehicle was at a dead stop.

Thank you everyone at SMS for fixing this so quickly, I can only imagine how difficult the process of making a video game is. Trying to accommodate low budget wheels with high valued wheels such as CXC Simulations in the same game.

Trabbant
15-10-2017, 16:03
To clarify, I configured the wheel with a full left hand rotation and then a right hand rotation to a 90 degree position and with the setting showing 900.

Mowzer
15-10-2017, 18:13
Well I'm really pleased with the update my G920 is working perfect now thanks every one at SMS who worked to sort things out this game is a pleasure now.

Mowzer
15-10-2017, 18:15
The instructions say 90° to the right, not 900.
Yes thats correct you have to turn the wheel back till it says 900 then hit A the wheel shoud they turn itself back to centre then ;).

mmaisterrena
15-10-2017, 19:18
Buying the game right now hopefully the ffb will be ok

Boondock
15-10-2017, 20:55
Just reminding that this issue does NOT happen at all with Assetto Corsa, a known true Sim with a great FFB implementation on Xbox One, from a VERY small studio. There is absolutely no wobling on straights and strong, accurate FFB.

Issue also does not happen with Forza 5-7, and Forza Horizon 2 and 3.

To clarify, I configured the wheel with a full left hand rotation and then a right hand rotation to a 90 degree position and with the setting showing 900.

This is what i did, without being entirely sure it was right, still nada.

So why is mine just violently oscillating when at the starting grid?

This is entering ACCC level's of annoyance, which i would rather not have to resort too.

I am having no issues with any other game, works perfectly with default settings like it should on Dirt Rally & F1 2016/17.

The only thing that resolves the shaking, is to pretty much dampen the ffb until its non existant and then it stops acting like a possessed ferris wheel.

Kennytomson
16-10-2017, 10:35
Honda oval indycar at Indy, private testing vs race with 31cars feels different. Not sure if that’s a bug or not.

Wheel still turns after loading private testing while sitting still in pits. Once press start it goes away.

Wheel has been fixed for the most part, but my guess is there are still minor issues that need to be addressed.

After further review, I guess this is simulating ‘dirty air’?

Boondock
20-10-2017, 16:17
Just did a clean install of the game, problem solved!!!!!

Anyone who is still experiencing the phantom shakes after the recent update, it seems like reinstalling might be a solution.

T Ghost
22-10-2017, 03:12
Just did a clean install of the game, problem solved!!!!!

Anyone who is still experiencing the phantom shakes after the recent update, it seems like reinstalling might be a solution.

Digital or physical copy?

Keyroo
22-10-2017, 03:55
Ok guys i have to put in my 2c on this, after the patch it did fix SOME of the problems. at initial release the game wasn't playable with my G920, after the patch i thought it was fixed, the clio cup worked great and rallycross works fine, no shake or weirdness.

However i just started the GT3 series, first race was fine, wheels was normal, second race at Snetterton and the car is undrivable, see the video for reference.

h t t p s ://youtu.be/TCf0hkjlPc4 (stupid forum won't let me post a link as this is my first post, you will have to take the spaces out of the address)

If i turn all the settings down i'ts drivable but i lose my force feedback which pretty much defeats the purpose of having it.

This wheel has never given me issues, forza 5 and 6 and fine and the dumb thing is project cars 1 it was great! how has this gone so wrong? whatever you guys did with PC1 copy the dam settings over, we've all got a game that is pretty much unplayable.
Also i don't have the ability to skip or end a season either so i'm now stuck in a GT3 season i can't play.

Boondock
26-10-2017, 08:54
Digital or physical copy?

Physical, luckily.

T Ghost
27-10-2017, 00:49
Physical, luckily.

awesome! I have physical as well, will reinstall. Thx.

ASpeeedyNiNjA
25-10-2018, 02:34
It's been over a year since I bought this game. I've been burned twice by Project Cars. (Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me)

Since then I've gotten a new wheel. A Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4 with a Xbox wheel. It's still the exact same issue as when the game was first released.

The wheel shakes violently when driving straight, the wheel for the most part is centered. It's fine when cornering, but the second that wheel is remotely straight. Cue the violent shakes/wobbles.

I'm no stranger to racing... I used to race shifter go-karts in real life competitively. I've also got a little experience in Indy Lite cars.

I know it takes more 'strength' than many realize when driving a race car. (Compared to the power steering in street daily drivers). I also know it takes a lot of force not just to corner, but to keep the wheel 'straight' as well. You want to be able to feel everything.

There's a difference between 'requiring strength/realism' and a violent shake that makes the simulator unplayable. It happens irregardless of what track, vehicle, series, you name it.

I've tried following the advice of forum posts from people that supposedly worked on the force feedback for the game. Maybe it's wonderful to play with a Fanatec Clubsport Wheelbase V2.5. But for any other wheel base, on platforms besides PC. It's atrocious. It's a huge disappointment. I've tried every 'slider' combination, watched videos online of others struggling with the same issue, 'claiming to have the holy grail of fixes/settings'

None of them work.

If I could get a refund, I would....and I should. I can tell there's a great game under there. But any game this bad, should offer full refunds for anyone and everyone affected.

Hi,

I pre-ordered Project Cars 2 digitally on the Xbox One Store.

I was really excited for this game...day one controller issues yet again, same as project cars one (Gamepad that time)

When driving in a straight line, or sitting still on the track. The Logitech G920 wheel violently yanks left & right non-stop, which makes the game unplayable. I double checked and the issues doesn't exist in project cars one. Just project cars 2. (The wheel still yanks left & right in corners, just not as severely)

Should I be going thru the effort/time to post video of this?

It says on the Xbox store support there are no refunds for online digital games. Does this include games that are broken, glitching out, etc. Right out of the box? If I can't let my guard down for a day, have a day off, and just play a new game. Which isn't too much to ask for, than I want a refund. I can't afford to be spending 100+ on a video game that doesn't even work.

ShneebnaMRR108
25-10-2018, 16:49
If you are on a PC and want to get rid of the wheel shake, then calibrate your wheel, (the instructions are on this Forum) pick a Custom profile, and adjust the Dead Zone Removal until it's suitable for you. It can be done. Every wheel is different, and every set of motors is different, so calibration is pretty much of required thing if you want it right.

Even though this is an XBox section, I assumed you are on a PC from your profile. Sorry if mistaken.

ASpeeedyNiNjA
25-10-2018, 19:26
I'm on Xbox, and I've already tried that. I've spent many hours trying to correct these issues. I still stand by my belief that no game should release this broken. It happens irregardless of steering wheel base or in-game settings. There's something wrong with the game.

ShneebnaMRR108
09-11-2018, 15:03
Nothing wrong with the game: If you want a work around, try this: Raw/ 60/ 30/ 78/ 45. The key factor is lowering the gain. (on Console users only)

Also: In the Logitech profiler, set Center Spring effect to OFF, AND zero %.
Check box for "Allow game to adjust settings"
Perform the In-Game wheel calibration like this: Follow the in-game process, and “Turn to 90 degrees from dead center when requested in game”, not 90 on the numbers with the bar in the calibration screen. The
numbers are irrelevant.

The more FFB gain you add to the G920, the more it will tend to do odd things like oscillate, or wobble. So, just set it at 60 as above, everything else is up to you.

AAR GTDon
15-04-2019, 20:15
Was a patch ever issued for this problem? I just got the game with my 920 and it is impossible to drive with the wheel oscillating right and left like this.