PDA

View Full Version : The computer blocks after 4 minutes of play

Joan
22-09-2017, 13:52
My system:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
DirectX 12.0

QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
MSI Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)
2x 8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (2 GB) DirectCU II OC
22.21.13.8569 - nVIDIA ForceWare 385.69
G25 Logitech

I install the game and when I start to play, after 4 minutes, the game completely blocks the computer and I can only start again by pressing the reset button 10 seconds.

What have I done:

Format a clean install of windows 10
Install latest driver nvidia and Geforce Experience
Install wheel Logitech Profiler lgs510_x64
Install Steam
Install Project Cars 2

and fails again

Other actions with no results:

Dismount a RAM module
Uncheck/Disable Generics USB (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39027-Project-Cars-keeps-on-freezing)
Delete file: graphicsconfigdx11

Can you help me?

Thanks

(sorry for my google english)

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 13:56
do you have an overlay (MSI Afterburner) etc that will monitor Temps??

Check the Windows Event Viewer and look for entries in the System and Application logs for the times of the crashes.

That should help point us in the right direction.

konnos
22-09-2017, 13:56
You have to insert coin to continue.

Asturbo
22-09-2017, 14:31
Looks a temperature issue.

AVO
22-09-2017, 16:04
I have the same graphic card and exactly the same issue.
It's definitely not a temperature issue 'cause everything is perfectly under control.

Please solve ASAP.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 16:10
Please confirm that you are on the Newest available Driver for your GeForce GTX770. (Should be the one from Yesterday - Released)

If it's only a thing with the GTX770, then Nvidia has to solve it...

AVO
22-09-2017, 16:11
Yes I am.
Already tested all the possible countermeasures an experienced user can do.

My only option after is asking for refund.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 16:12
I have the same graphic card and exactly the same issue.
It's definitely not a temperature issue 'cause everything is perfectly under control.

Please solve ASAP.

What is windows logging in the windows event viewer at the time it crashes??

Joan
22-09-2017, 18:31
windows event:

17:38:19 The id description can not be found. of event 13 in the nvlddmkm source. The component that causes this event is not installed on the local computer, or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the information to be displayed had to be saved with the event. (x5 in the same second)

17:38:41 The nvlddmkm screen driver stopped responding and recovered correctly. (x2 in the same second)

17:38:42 Error 0x800700B7 in the AppContainer profile because it could not register the SID of AppContainer.

17:42:47 The previous close of the system at 16:42:27 on 22/09/27 was unexpected.

PD: sorry for the other thread, i miss this thead, and I thought I had not posted it well :P, please delete

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 18:33
Any overclocking running on the GPU?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 18:41
Ok, googled around seems that on the Nvidia Forum more Peoples have this Problem (With other Games too)

Can you do me a favor and try this older NVidia Driver?

http://www.nvidia.de/download/driverResults.aspx/116407/de

That seems to solve the Issue with the Freezes for quite a few Peoples over there...

*No Guarantee that this will work, but worth a try...

Sampo
22-09-2017, 18:44
The nvidia driver bugs out. I'd first try with vsync on to check if a lower load on the system cures it. Then reinstall nvidia drivers with the custom install option and select "clean install". After that it could be heat, power unit, ram ...

You might also try to reseat the GPU and the power cords that go into it.

AVO
22-09-2017, 20:26
Ok, googled around seems that on the Nvidia Forum more Peoples have this Problem (With other Games too)

Can you do me a favor and try this older NVidia Driver?

http://www.nvidia.de/download/driverResults.aspx/116407/de

That seems to solve the Issue with the Freezes for quite a few Peoples over there...

*No Guarantee that this will work, but worth a try...

As expected it’s not working at all.

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 20:30
I would recommend to try down-clocking your GTX 770. Start with just down-clocking it just a little and run a test. If that doesn't work, down-clock a little more and run another test.

AVO
22-09-2017, 20:42
Already done everything is possibile for a non developer.

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 20:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ux1EJvc_10

AVO
22-09-2017, 21:04
As I said, already done.
NOT WORKING.

Turbo-Noob
22-09-2017, 21:16
Same problem. GTX 760

Mahjik
22-09-2017, 21:42
As I said, already done.
NOT WORKING.

You actually haven't said anything.. You've said "I've done everything a non-developer can do" but you haven't defined what that specifically is... Sometimes, what you don't know you don't know so there might something you can do that hasn't been done yet. Either way, it's up to you as you aren't going to have a developer show up at your house to hold your hand.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 21:45
As expected it’s not working at all.

As expected? You are understanding that we are trying to help you and find a solution?

We have forwarded it to the Devs, like i said. But it's a complex issue, perhaps not in the hands of SMS.

There are Users with GTX770 where it work's flawless so we have to find differences...

AVO
22-09-2017, 21:51
The meaning was: the problem is in the game, not in my system.
So, unless SMS fix it, there is no other solution.

In 30 years of gaming and thousand of titles tested this is the first one not working at all on my computer...

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 22:18
The meaning was: the problem is in the game, not in my system.
So, unless SMS fix it, there is no other solution.

In 30 years of gaming and thousand of titles tested this is the first one not working at all on my computer...

Have a look in this Support forum at the number of threads that start with "I have an issue with xxxxx in Project CARS 2, all other games work fine" and look at how many are now marked as [RESOLVED]........

The Moderators, WMD members and Forum members are giving suggestions to try and get you playing the game, the same as we have done for MANY other users who had an issue that was Only with PCARS 2 but are now happily playing the game. But if you can not provide specific answers to the specific questions being asked, then we will not be able to help you.

Lastly, think about how popular the nvidia 770 was and how many people must be running that card, and then look at the very limited number of people here with this issue......

Back to the issue at hand....

From the entry in the Windows Log, it looks like its the nvidia display driver stopping. When it crashes, does the display go black, or does it freeze??

Does the sound keep going, even for a second, after the display stops??

AVO
22-09-2017, 22:35
Black screen (no output from the gpu) and audio stutter for some seconds before death.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 22:50
Black screen (no output from the gpu) and audio stutter for some seconds before death.

Have a look at this TDR Manipulator (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/694754/geforce-drivers/tdr-manipulator-v1-1-02-23-2014-/) program...

I remember similar issues I had at PCARS 1 release with a 780ti, and it is because the display driver crashes, but Windows tries to keep the game going in the background momentarily, but the display driver can not recover in time and this can cause bluescreens.

This program lets you change the time it waits before windows just says "Stuff It the driver has crashed" and this will cause the game to stop, rather than the entire system crashing.

I would try setting this to 0 initially and see how that goes, and if no good, try increasing the value from the defaults.

It just depends if it is a legit crash, or if it is just windows taking too long to try and recover the driver as to which way the setting could help, and we don't know that yet for certain.

If you know how to overclock etc, another thing that helped was upping the voltage going to the GPU to give it a little extra headroom. from memory I used +.20mv in Afterburner, and this made my 780ti Rock Solid with the TDR set to 0.

Joan
23-09-2017, 09:30
Good morning, I tried to raise voltages and lower the graph a little, and I was able to play for 45 minutes until the pccrash.
A significant improvement, but not yet perfect.
I will try to downgrade the drivers.
Thanks for the suggestions!!!
If there are any more I'll be happy to try!

Joan
25-09-2017, 13:01
Hello again.

After reading the driver nvidia, start searching the nvidia forums, and I gave a solution to the problem. Install driver version: 347.71.

I've tried doing a clean install, and since then I can play without problems ... (from here five minutes fail again, murphy's law, I know)

Thank you very much, I'll keep you informed if there are any more problems.

AVO
25-09-2017, 15:30
Drivers 347.71 solved the issue also for me.
Sadly performances are sub optimal (also in other games) not being a WIN10 driver.

Let's hope they can address asap the problem with new drivers.

AVO
25-09-2017, 20:39
Sadly after second system restart the game is broken again :mad: