PDA

View Full Version : (XBox) bug reporting thread

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 13:54
Mods is it ok to have an XBox bug reporting thread here? I found one minor issue on XBox so far but could as well be multi-platform. Here it goes :

When you create your driver info (name, 3-letter tagname, country) in the driver profile then this info is not taken over in the community events. It takes the standard XBox One login name. For example: My XBox gamertag is breyzipp. The game suggested that as my first name and they BRE as the 3-letter abbreviation. I filled all that in with other values (both under the general driver profile AND under the career I started) but still when I did a community race afterwards the game used my breyzipp name on the info screen with the world and personal fastest times and then the BRE abbreviation during the race itself on the left upper corner.

MOD EDIT: All bugs reported in this thread are logged, unless it's not a bug of course and in that case an explanation should be given.

Y22 Rydr
22-09-2017, 15:05
Creating Driver Name

Issue: If the driver name (first, last, or initials) starts with a capital letter the keyboard freezes.

Resolution: Press Xbox home button to remove on screen keyboard. Enter name in lowercase the move cursor to beginning of field at which point you can enter capital letters.

Y22 Rydr
22-09-2017, 15:07
KART brake temperature.

Only left rear displays temperature higher than mid 30s (regardless of race length)

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 15:44
KART brake temperature.

Only left rear displays temperature higher than mid 30s (regardless of race length)

That's not a bug. The kart only has a single brake.

ShneebnaMRR108
22-09-2017, 15:57
1.The Delara front wheels don't turn together respectively. One side turns more in angle than the other.
2. It appears that the Dead Zone removal range is not correctly applied to the G920 wheel. The wheel has way too much back and forth wobble.

Y22 Rydr
22-09-2017, 16:46
That's not a bug. The kart only has a single brake.

Thank you for the education. :)

mkstatto
22-09-2017, 20:44
Mods is it ok to have an XBox bug reporting thread here? I found one minor issue on XBox so far but could as well be multi-platform. Here it goes :

When you create your driver info (name, 3-letter tagname, country) in the driver profile then this info is not taken over in the community events. It takes the standard XBox One login name. For example: My XBox gamertag is breyzipp. The game suggested that as my first name and they BRE as the 3-letter abbreviation. I filled all that in with other values (both under the general driver profile AND under the career I started) but still when I did a community race afterwards the game used my breyzipp name on the info screen with the world and personal fastest times and then the BRE abbreviation during the race itself on the left upper corner.

Noticed this too, having the same issue.

Side note and probably not a big, you can't edit or move around the HUD with a Tx F1 wheel add on and have to hook a controller up all the time, bloody annoying if you combine that it doesn't save your config.

Roddie78
22-09-2017, 21:29
Create online event.

I created a race for myself and friend, the racing line would only show for me and not my friend. He had it switched on but nothing we tried would get it to work

Gix916
22-09-2017, 22:48
Donington Park - on national circuit still has left turn board just before right turn into chicane onto s/f straight.
(also infield should be green now not brown)

Pit Lane Speed limit message appears everytime you go past pit entrance on all tracks i've tried so far.

pad242
22-09-2017, 23:57
Another of the moderators already knows about this issue, but there's a bug with "Cold Tires" when using the Thrustmaster TX wheel. Basically cold tires causes the wheel to jerk violently. Presently the only way to play the game is to disable practice and qualifying (which means we basically cant play the career ,ode till its fixed).

There's a full thread on this already with many folks chiming in, but I figured I would mention it here since this is the thread for bugs.

Cheers

Gix916
23-09-2017, 00:07
ffb clipping gets worse with 11 or more AI.(ferrari 488, audi lms, chev c7r & honda gt3 & ford gte) (g40/lmp1/v8 falcon seem ok with more ai - maybe its just gt3/gte)

not ness a bug as such, just an observation but i cant see the proximity arrows because my wheel is in the way. they dont seem to be moveable.

sounds of some cars are a bit lacklustre. e.g. porch 911 gt3, oreca nissan

rearview mirror disappear when you cycle the HUD

doesn't tel you how many laps your fuel will do anymore so now you have to guess (or run the whole race before the race to work it out)

abs & tcs are turned back on everytime you pause and change a setting.

doesn't give the correct name of car or track when saving setup.

sometimes there's a man floating above the start finish straight on Nurburgring GP

the guy who grew up watching Senna needs more lines rather than keep repeating the same one over and over and over........

pad242
23-09-2017, 00:24
Not sure if this was listed already, but the pit crews sometimes appear and other times they are invisible (or just no-one in pit lane as you do your mandatory pit)...

FIA
23-09-2017, 05:04
Ok, bugs from today, Xbox one

the 1st is, all force feedback from wheel stops after i have been changing car setups
and return to the track, wheel is loose and need to end game to fix it

next car settings not saving all the time and will not overwrite over other setting
save car setting needs some rework, track names always stay the same in new saves
but im now at another track

next is getting sent to dashboard in online lobby, happens alot, nearly every race

next is getting stuck in the pits at the start of quli in online race, and there is a yellow saving game arrow that never goes away,
and all button don't work, so cannot quit, needed to end game to fix it

and wheel in RX Private practice pause menu screens will just start moving all the way round so wheel is upside down and just stays there
until i go back to the track to race,

list view

1: all force feedback from wheel stops after i have been changing car setups

2: car settings not saving all the time and will not overwrite over other setting

3: getting sent to dashboard in online lobby

4: getting stuck in the pits at the start of quli in online race, and there is a yellow saving game arrow that never goes away

5: wheel in RX Private practice pause menu screens will just start moving all the way round so wheel is upside down and just stays there
until i go back to the track to race,

day 1 patch loaded

Grea5eMunki
23-09-2017, 05:36
Just installed game and 11gb update. It detects my Fanatec P1 wheel as a Thrust master and will not allow me to change it. Calibrates wheel and pedals ok except it doesn't pick up clutch pedal. Rev stripe also not working but is enabled in settings.

Freestyler0908
23-09-2017, 06:38
1. In Multiplayer Races the Xbox Party Chat doesn't Work. In Lobby it is ok.
2. In Multiplayer Races Game freezes for about 5 seconds every Lap. And then the car crashes, because it moves during freeze.
3. Setup Saving is buggy.
4. HUD Changes not saving. Same Issue like in PC1.
5. Many other bugs. Same bad release like PC1. Is there nobody testing the xbox version?

FIA
23-09-2017, 06:42
I think only the PC had the beta test, the xbox did not, so all the bugs are showing now

David McKenna
23-09-2017, 07:39
Often finding that taking finger off accelerator and braking, the car continues accelerating and does not brake for a second or two. Same with 2 different controllers.

Lotus 98T on Nordschleiffe somersaulting through the air on first long straight.

Siberian Tiger
23-09-2017, 07:43
1. In Multiplayer Races the Xbox Party Chat doesn't Work. In Lobby it is ok.
2. In Multiplayer Races Game freezes for about 5 seconds every Lap. And then the car crashes, because it moves during freeze.
3. Setup Saving is buggy.
4. HUD Changes not saving. Same Issue like in PC1.
5. Many other bugs. Same bad release like PC1. Is there nobody testing the xbox version?

I think only the PC had the beta test, the xbox did not, so all the bugs are showing now

Not quite right.

Xbox and PS4 where also be tested... But they where tested from Professional Q&A Partners and not WMD.

HUD Changes are definitly saving, you have to use the Controller to Confirm. (Only Thing that is not saving is the Rearviewmirror in Full HUD) - In Light HUD everything get's saved correctly.
Setup Saving buggy - Can you explain further with an Example?
Freezes - Please be sure that ONLY pCars 2 is running on the Xbox, no other Apps. (Also a Hardreset of the Console can solve such Things)

realsgy
23-09-2017, 08:36
Track remains dry even in rain / snow in practice mode

Go to practice, select e.g. Red Bull Ring, weather: rain. It will rain but the track will remain dry even after several laps. It will look dry (no reflection, no puddles) and drive dry.
In custom race and career mode everything is OK.

SobritoS
23-09-2017, 09:02
Love the game but it have some issues that are a bit frustrating.
First, any change of setup is not save, Every time you go back to the pits the setup resets to the previous save it doesn't matter if you click save over an existing slot.
Default setups are incredibly bias towards understeer, new comers can be upsets because it feels "on rails" also as a starting point is just awful to build from there.
Racing line aid is all over the place.
Screeching tires sound is... Disappointing.
Not an issue or bug or anything wrong but what the hell with the diff settings!!?? Omg is so good that is super complex and complete but I don't have a masters degree in mechanical engineer, even with the explanation is like reading in Chinese lol.
Oh yeah, almost forgot: the track boundary penalty is way way too sensitive. Sometimes you make mistakes like running wide I don't need a penalty over my mistakes and usually going wide means that you are losing time already soooo yeah that the most frustrating issue and the setup thing.
Thanx!

Gix916
23-09-2017, 09:25
Not quite right.

Xbox and PS4 where also be tested... But they where tested from Professional Q&A Partners and not WMD.

which bits of the game did they test on xbox, cos the only bits i see that are working properly are the menu screens.

Roddie78
23-09-2017, 10:08
Custom race

When skipping to the end of practice the game freezes at simulating session screen. Reset needed

WizardEwe0
23-09-2017, 10:09
Sometimes when you're in the lobby between qualy and race, where you can set setup and pit strategy, when countdown is over and the race starts, sometimes my car is in the pit and not on the grid, so I can't partecipate.
Happened 2 times
Why?

Super Supes
23-09-2017, 10:22
The racing line is non existant in online play. Even tho lobby is set to on and individual has it set on it foes not display and neither do the turn indicators.

Racing the Caterhams and the replay/end of race view shows only floating helmets ...

Y22 Rydr
23-09-2017, 12:09
Issue: No FFB on Summerton International in Kart 1 (career race and free practice)
System Details: Xbox One / Thrustmaster TX

Resolution: Hard reset of console.

Dameyon
23-09-2017, 13:12
Someone reported they can't access cockpit view on xbox and the track map is greyed out

Edd1e360
23-09-2017, 14:33
- Sometimes when i start the game i have to choose profile sometimes not (already selected)

- Car setup always has the same description (for me McLaren and imola) as this was the first track and car i tried.

Dont know if these are bugs as i have seen this in PC1 also but In time trial selection, why can’t i see certain drivers cars/control scheme/tuning setup and ghost? (you only see gamertag and their laptime car is labeled ---)

snipeme77
23-09-2017, 16:05

Honestly I wouldn't use them again Tiger, because the consoles are really struggling right now. Like I said, we need a known problems thread with ETA to the fix

o Mike V o
23-09-2017, 16:13
Got pole position around Long Beach in the Formula Rookie car in career, led from pole did two laps before realizing I was a lap down somehow. I restarted and it was all good, but not a good first impression for a first career race, lol.

Also having a few issues with saving setups, I probably just need more time with it though.

Y22 Rydr
23-09-2017, 18:22
The issue I have experienced with setups...

I did a career in Karts. I attempted to select All Tracks (so I would have a baseline adjusted setup). The setup does not appear in all tracks. I have to select a previous track to load the setup and then resave it. Sometimes the most recent version I made doesn't even show up.

This is not the biggest issue..

I went to do the community event in the Chevrolet Indy car and the setup I had for the Kart automatically loaded onto the Chevrolet Indy car. This is a significant problem if the last setup you used automatically loads across the cars.

Roddie78
23-09-2017, 19:16
Career mode

After watching the reay of the rest i have just completed the game freezes when i try and back out of it

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 19:30
Track remains dry even in rain / snow in practice mode

Go to practice, select e.g. Red Bull Ring, weather: rain. It will rain but the track will remain dry even after several laps. It will look dry (no reflection, no puddles) and drive dry.
In custom race and career mode everything is OK.

How many laps did you drive in Private Testing, and what rainy weather did you select? Career races will probably have weather progression synched to race length, so water build-up will be quicker.

Gix916
23-09-2017, 19:54
HUD layout is not saving...the Relative times & the car status boxes do not save correctly.

messages do not save where you put them either.

ICM needs to be moveable as well.

why are the diff settings now so complicated? accl, decel & preload were fine before....

fuschs
23-09-2017, 19:57
ffb clipping gets worse with 11 or more AI.(ferrari 488, audi lms, chev c7r & honda gt3 & ford gte) (g40/lmp1/v8 falcon seem ok with more ai - maybe its just gt3/gte)

not ness a bug as such, just an observation but i cant see the proximity arrows because my wheel is in the way. they dont seem to be moveable.

sounds of some cars are a bit lacklustre. e.g. porch 911 gt3, oreca nissan

rearview mirror disappear when you cycle the HUD

doesn't tel you how many laps your fuel will do anymore so now you have to guess (or run the whole race before the race to work it out)

abs & tcs are turned back on everytime you pause and change a setting.

doesn't give the correct name of car or track when saving setup.

sometimes there's a man floating above the start finish straight on Nurburgring GP

the guy who grew up watching Senna needs more lines rather than keep repeating the same one over and over and over........

For fuel just look at your consumption for 2-3 laps and divide.. In PC1 wasn't accurate anyway.

Gix916
23-09-2017, 20:04
i've just played the PS4 version round a friends house and the ffb on there is much better, no steering shake even with full grids of gt3 and we could turn all the ffb sliders right up, whereas on xbox i now have 2 of the sliders set to zero!

for some reason on xbox i just cannot use gt3 cars when theres more than 10 on track, doesn't seem to happen with any other class...

fuschs
23-09-2017, 20:06
Car setup description can be changed, when you are at the menu with Race Engineer and Edit setup.

zzjorzz
23-09-2017, 20:50
2 days after release players already found a lot of bugs and problems wich could have been solved pre-release if there had only been an xbox one betatest. The people (companys?) that have done the tests kinda messed up as some of the issues (low sound, broken ideal line, some ffb problems, career and setup saves problems) were very easily and fast discovered by the day one players on xbox. Maybe the focus has been to much on the PC release. It is a shame because I think a lot of frustration and disappointment could easily have been prevented.
Because of these issues some feel like they are more or less paying betatesters. The biggest problem I have with it that it was the same with the xbox launch of PC1, and because of Microsoft policy WMD cant release fast updates and fixes, so we have to wait way longer for the repairs. Another problem I have with it is that I really cant believe all these issues where unknown pre-release and that would mean they released the game knowing the flaws (some, like the career bug, gamebreaking flaws) where there.
I know the devs are committed to fix as many things asap, but still, I have the feeling a big portion of this could have been prevented. I know this isnt a big budget release like Forza but the way it has been promoted and advertised I expected a little more this time around.

WizardEwe0
23-09-2017, 21:00
When you press the button to see temperatures tyres, brakes tyres etcc... there is a framerate drop

FIA
23-09-2017, 21:14
Car setup description can be changed, when you are at the menu with Race Engineer and Edit setup.

No, if you have the same car at another track and try to overwrite, or you create new setup slot the name should change to the new track we are at
not stay at like imola or tri oval, it just gets confusing and you can not keep the same file name, as it just tells you this name is already in use

and setting don't always save when overwriting

Gix916
23-09-2017, 21:23
what has happened to the AI, they are doing fast laptimes but are struggling to pass slower cars in multi class. they nearly always seem to give me a tap from behind as if they didn't even know i was there.

when editing tyre pressures in pit strategy or in tuning set up it's in "bar" but displayed on screen in car status as PSI

car doesn't get repaired between sessions.

in multi class races, all the dots on the mini map are the same colour so you cannot tell which cars are in your class. This is a missed opportunity because this the way all multi class races I have seen/been in have been displayed.
(dots only change colour when cars not on same lap as you)

dangerousbrian0
23-09-2017, 23:17
I am assuming it is a bug or it is me but I am doing a Career Mode & I am doing the Formula Rookie Asian Championship & I am at the Ruapuna Club Circit & it is in the snow & I have the tyres set to the Automatic by weather setup which are studed tyres yet I was unable to do the practice & qualifying sessions as there is no grip & I cant get the car to stay in a straight line so I am starting from last place which I dont mind as I have all the assists on & both of the AI options down to 0 so I am winning easily enough but can I do anything with this race no by the way I am using a controller not a steering wheel on Xbox One.

Bealdor
23-09-2017, 23:20
I am assuming it is a bug or it is me but I am doing a Career Mode & I am doing the Formula Rookie Asian Championship & I am at the Ruapuna Club Circit & it is in the snow & I have the tyres set to the Automatic by weather setup which are studed tyres yet I was unable to do the practice & qualifying sessions as there is no grip & I cant get the car to stay in a straight line so I am starting from last place which I dont mind as I have all the assists on & both of the AI options down to 0 so I am winning easily enough but can I do anything with this race no.

Known issue. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51966-KNOWN-Snow-is-broken&p=1360812&viewfull=1#post1360812)

dangerousbrian0
24-09-2017, 00:48
Well this issue is across both Xbox One & PS4 formats as I went on to the PS4 forums for the game as I have both versions to be honest & there is a thread about it on there well apperently it is the Career version that is bugged as someone said they tried doing a private test & it controlled a lot easier well I have just recreated the same test they did on Xbox One & it is true there is grip on the straight aways & you can drive in a straight line fine the setup I used was any track you are having an issue on set it to winter then heavy snow that is the best way to get the track what it looks like in career mode well it was for me anyway & like I said earlier I was able to control it fine.Here is the proof I tried to do a lap in career mode it took me over 2 mins to do 1 lap just did a lap in private test & I got 1.30.399 & that is with all assists on so yeah major improvement.

Stonecutter
24-09-2017, 01:01
When the leaderboard on the HUD is set to Minimal it shows 99/99 for the position.

Lukeymonster
24-09-2017, 01:33
When the leaderboard on the HUD is set to Minimal it shows 99/99 for the position.

1saved custom hud configuration don't work at all for me
2 saved tunes from testing not available in career
3 saves tunes have names and descriptions changning
4 a lot of the GT cars "wobble" down straights with full fields. Like a quick darting left and right. Like the physics are pulling it left and right due to a bug
5 I've seen only one pit crew in a replay for another car. I've not seen my crew at all. Same as pcars1. The car goes on it's jacks and takes car of itself.

snipeme77
24-09-2017, 03:37
Cars weaving and wobbling down straght with controller, and already notes wheel problem. Otherwise technically games running like a top

XFR Spike
24-09-2017, 07:43
• If sat on front screen of Time Trial the tyre pressures seem to continually inflate (display top right corner of screen).
• The race license code doesn't update reliably, often we see U---- instead of F---- then minutes later it changes somehow.

More requests than bugs perhaps?

• Could we have some way of seeing which tune is currently applied to a vehicle? There seems to be a strange carry over of tune from one vehicle to another so without tune name indication it forces us to always reset or re-load tunes, even if unnecessary.

• Time Trial groups, what are they? There's no indication in the TT screens. With 170+ cars it would really help to know which TT group each belong to and when in the TT leaderboards, which TT group we were racing in.

• Would be nice to be able to view only the TT leaderboards from other territories for comparison.

• Would be helpful to see the hosts geo-location or ping in the MP lobbies. Little point connecting to a host on 1 bar especially if we're waiting 15mins to join in.

Hope these are useful?

FIA
24-09-2017, 08:01
To add, need of a filter on rally RX tracks, finding them tracks in the long list is hard.

mike3648
24-09-2017, 08:25
Not sure if this was mentioned, but in Test Drive at Hockenheim there is camera flashes going off in the stands, even though there's no crowd there. Not big issue, but I'm just reporting it as a bug. On Xbox One.

Gix916
24-09-2017, 09:16
tyre choices on ICM dont always match tuning setup & what is available for car. Mediums & Intermediates are an option on ICM.

eg. Ginetta G40 Junior

Tuning Tyre Options: all Weather, all terrain, Ice

Pit Strategy Options: soft, inter, wet, extreme wet (once you scrolled thro once you lose the soft option)

ICM Options: hard, medium, soft, inter, wet, extreme wet

mkstatto
24-09-2017, 11:04
Finishing first and not showing on the graphic for p1.

Set up saved and disappeared on boot up the next day.

Stock setup with FC at Indy cannot keep temps in tires so pressures cut in half.

Gix916
24-09-2017, 11:14
practice at Donington - I'm in 1st place - 12mins to go, I know the track so I skip to Qual. All AI are suddenly shown as faster than me in the practice session. (leader now is 5secs quicker than me)

In Qualy I beat my practice time by roughly a second, but all AI are at least 2seconds slower and cannot reproduce the "magic" practice times they put in after I skipped the session.

Victor-J
24-09-2017, 11:44
Sorry for the long post, but after two days of playing this game I found a lot of bugs, some of them really bad in my opinion. Could also be a few double bugs, so sorry for that.

Keep in mind that I’m playing on the Xbox with an Xbox One controller.

Aids/assists
1. The racing line disappears and does not function correctly. For example, the line turns blue, but you really have to slow down in that part.
2. In the assists menu, I selected the Driving Assists to On. Then I selected the Traction Control to be Off. But when racing in career, the traction control is still turned on.
3. Not really a bug, but during driving you can change the traction control and ABS for example. At this moment you have to press the button again and again to get one change. It would be nice if you could just hold the button, making changing that setting up or down way faster.

Main menu
4. When switching between headers in the main menu, with my d-pad or left stick, the selection jumps and sometimes jumps and returns to the original header.

Career
5. When simulating the reminder of the qualification, the AI suddenly drive really (impossible) fast times. Then when driving the race, they drive the normal pace again. This makes the career really unplayable.
6. I started the qualification in career, with the Cayman GT4 and I had no engine sound whatsoever. A restart of the session did not help. Also going back to the main menu did not solve the problem. I had to hard-reset the game.

Car details
7. The RPM meter in the Cayman is off. Where the Cayman shows 7k RPM, where my RPM meter in the HUB shows 6,5k.
8. When driving at speed with the Cayman GT4 and turning, I always get a full line of smoke coming from one of the wheels. I see this in my rear view mirror. This should not be the case with a standard car I think.

Car setups
10. I played the practice in career and change my setup. Used that setup and saved it. Started the qualification a day later and I had to load in the setup again. For some reason it does not save it in the progress.

11. I joined my first online race. The session was in practice, on Watkins Glenn with GT3 cars. I drove a few laps and then suddenly after my first clean lap de AI took over and I could not control my car anymore. I reset myself to the pit box and I could drive again. Then it started to rain, so everybody went to the pits. I tried to spectate other drivers, but all of a sudden everything crashed, cars were all over the place, zapping into the pits and on the track etc. Then at the 4 minute mark all the other cars suddenly lined up on the straight, where my car stayed in the pits. The other cars started what seemed like a race, where I started to drive out of the pits for qualifying… So I was driving a qualification where the other drivers were driving the race, I was qualifying for.

Franglish
24-09-2017, 11:50
Am I the onlyone who gets his lap deleted in private testing for absolutely nothing ? For exammple at Spa, avery lap I get my lap disallowed for braking at La Source...

oscarolim
24-09-2017, 11:56
When using manual gears with clutch, I can still use the paddles without clutch to change gear (if the car is manual in real life) and I can also changer gears with the shifter without using the clutch (the gear should fail in this case).

Super Supes
24-09-2017, 15:17
""
So i tested with stock...
Tuned and was slower...
Reset to default to start again but am unable to go further without saving to a slot.
Which is ridiculous. I should be able to run laps without saving every adjustment/reset to a slot""

Seems to be random as have just reset and backed out fine...

Birkhoff92
24-09-2017, 15:53
Currently if you deactivate the damage you drive better..... in practice while not touching raised curbs or other cars, after a tot of laps (I'm talking about the specific case of the Formula Renault 3.5), it brings me aerodynamic damage and the car starts to go flat straight ( In Algarve pitch from 280 Max to 235..) I think it's a bug

Jubis
24-09-2017, 16:02
When using manual gears with clutch, I can still use the paddles without clutch to change gear (if the car is manual in real life) and I can also changer gears with the shifter without using the clutch (the gear should fail in this case).

Same here. I think that worked yesterday, but today there is no difference is the autoclutch turned off or on. I can change gears with stick or paddles and no damaga and gears goes on.

Thrustmaster tx-wheel ferrari 458 edition
T3pa pedals and TH8A shifter

dreampage
24-09-2017, 16:24
Game breaking bug: When exiting a career event the game may freeze and crash to the Xbox dashboard, deleting all career progress in the process. Next time you start the game your driver will be gone and you have to completely start over.

Bug: When exiting replays at the end of the races the game may freeze, forcing the player to restart the game, losing the last race progress in the process.

Bug: During endurance races, the timer shows wrong time differences between cars. Often the car behind has LESS time gap to the leader than the player car, and the car in front has MORE. Also, even if an AI car attacks because it's very close, the timer may show several seconds of gap to the player car. Overall it's completely unreliable.

Bug: During endurance races, adjusting the fuel map (from rich to normal or lean) has no effect on fuel consumption.

Bug: After long driving (more than 30 minutes) the controller vibration breaks. It becomes "soft" and barely noticable, even during braking, curbs etc. It randomly comes back to normal during the same race.

Bug: Qualifying sessions during "factory drive" events are not taken into account. No matter what time the player achieves, he'll still start from last place.

Bug: AI cars sometimes achieve impossible lap times if the player choose to "skip to end" during qualifying.

Bug: AI cars sometimes are too fast relative to the set difficulty - there is one or two AI cars that pull from the field, or sometimes catch up to the player with unrealistic speed and lap times.

Bug: Sometimes the player starts from the wrong position on a formation lap which results in a penalty. Restarting the session seems to help.

Bug: If an AI car makes contact with the player car from behind during formation lap, the player is penalized for making contact.

Bug: Sometimes the car has no sound at the start of the race (experienced with Group A Audi). Changing views seems to solve it.

Bug: After online races the default camera view changed to the bumper cam, even if the races are finished with chase (or any other) camera. It randomly fixed itself, but it was annoying while it lasted.

Bug / Issue: Tires are impossible to warm up properly. Even after several laps they are not at their proper temperature. Especially problematic during rallycross events which start with ice cold tires, making the cars barely able to corner. Even at the end of the races the tires are far from their optimal temperature. This applies to all cars and track circumstances.

Bug / Issue: Driving in a straight line causes the car to pull to one side, either left or right. Counter-steering causes it to pull to the other side and so on. Could be either a physics issue or a bug. It mostly occures only during sessions where there are a lot of cars on the track. Never experienced it during private testing or time trial, for example.

Issue: BMW factory drives have the wrong texts on them. The first tile actually refers to the second race, the second to the third, the third to the first.

Issue: Race engineer says "This is your first career race" often even if it's not the first career race. He says it at the start of a Tier 5 championship even if the player started in Tier 6.

---

Logitech G920 Force Feedback Bug (not my video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8LHI2s-dpo

Replay Bug (PS4, but also on Xbox One, not my video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z7cG7u-iO8

Lewy
24-09-2017, 16:48
While in helmet cam, Whenever I gear down, the whole screen glitches/flashes.
I’ve tried about 20-30 cars today while trying the game out and it seems to always happen, its not just a specific car it’s happening with but all of them.
The weird thing is it wasn’t doing it yesterday ��

Edit- Also doing it while gearing up now too.

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 16:57
While in helmet cam, Whenever I gear down, the whole screen glitches/flashes.
I’ve tried about 20-30 cars today while trying the game out and it seems to always happen, its not just a specific car it’s happening with but all of them.
The weird thing is it wasn’t doing it yesterday ��

Edit- Also doing it while gearing up now too.
Does it happen in both Private Testing and Career?

pjrblue
24-09-2017, 17:36
Xbox One / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 with CSL P1

- (limitation) Name for file save limited to 16 chars, is this a limitation?
- (bug) After an event with the windshield on, when we start another (like finished qualification then race) the windshield is working when we see the car from outside, but when we get on cockpit the animation stops. If we push DOWN for the windshield to start working it change to the second speed.
- (issue) The wheel shake is game breaking, but if we drive with rain and wet tires we don't have that issue. Could this be some issue with the tyres?
- (opinion) When we RESET the car, the car keeps the same GEAR, perhaps changing to N or 1.
- (missing) Fuel doesn't estimate the number of laps.

Edit: Changing the wheel sensitivity and FFB both to auto (in fanatec wheel, not in game), minimized or removed the wheel shaking.

Lewy
24-09-2017, 17:58
Does it happen in both Private Testing and Career?

Yeah seems to be happening in both now.

Roddie78
24-09-2017, 20:24
Online racing

After the race i click save replay and the little save icon pops up, the game goes no where. I need to restart the gane everytime

APR193
24-09-2017, 22:01
Done some testing on the handling bugs while having ai on track. Cars I have found that are affected so far -

Lambo GT3
Lambo Super Trofeo
Renault RS01 Trophy
Renault RS01 GT3
Porsche GT3 (both versions)
Audi GT3 (both versions)

These cars are as good as undrivable in game modes with ai. They weave from left to right (especially once you get into 3rd gear and above) without any user input. If I find any others are affected I'll post those too.

MXR SMILER
24-09-2017, 22:39
Did some laps on community event 2 today but after setting a sighting lap ( clean ) and recording a ghost I re-started after adding said ghost. All good. Finished a few laps and went quicker so wanted to load my new ghost .... No Ghost available and has not been since, several hours ago and lots of laps. I am wondering if it will refresh eventually or not. Was in a party and all of us were unable to find our ghosts. There was a few in the leaderboard but ours had scarpered...... can anyone shed any light on this?

I tried restart and reset but to no avail...

Freestyler0908
25-09-2017, 07:03
Setup Saving buggy - Can you explain further with an Example?

If you try to save a Setup, the Game mentioned always an old name for setup. By clicking the Setup description to change it, the whole system gets slow, like buffer overflow. It takes up to 30 seconds till the keyboard is shown...
Same appears to Party Chat. Looks like the System is on limit and the Chat can not be handled.

justonce68
25-09-2017, 07:34
Custom Race At Watkins Glen, heavy rain, no spray?, the car reacts when driving through puddles, but no splash or spray coming off car in front. Vid in link

http://xboxclips.com/iTractorboy/8532b819-145f-4ab2-8944-5c5c6f6b379b

fatherseanbrown
25-09-2017, 08:05
Hey Guys I like the new game but I have had some frustrating bugs so far which is stopping me loving it. One of them is the racing line it's really inconsistent it's not there for all the corners and none of the straights it's really annoying when you do Practice and Quali trying to learn the track. Second one is the car swerving so slightly it's hard to get the breaking points right and get the car to hit the apex despite whatever setups I do.

Freestyler0908
25-09-2017, 08:17
Invite to private Lobbies: If you start a private Lobby you can invite friends. Also in Pit you can invite, but if you get on track an then back into pits, there is no more option to invite into the lobby.

fatherseanbrown
25-09-2017, 08:19
and also the BMW M6 GT3 (and a few other cars as well) which is my favorite GT3 car and in real life is unbearable every time I'm not going round a corner the car judders my Thrustmaster TMX steering wheel violently until I brake and turn into another corner.

WizardEwe0
25-09-2017, 09:03
happened to me 2/3 times yesterday, skip to 0:15
The game go slow and 1s later very fast, seems problem framerate, I don't know why. Happened 2/3 times in the same point.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WizardEwe0/video/36992696

Just Another Frog
25-09-2017, 10:14
Sampala ice track displaying as 3.05 miles.

AI making unachievable lap times in career qualify. Latest one was 59.xx seconds around Laguna (I do have a screenshot) in Formula C

To recap. Top left graphic in HUD edit displays position as 99/99 when set to minimal.

"Blown engine disqualification" (Megane V6) straight after leaving pits in m/p qualify (0 laps recorded - default tune). Engine damage displayed as a fast counting timer at roughly 4% per second on three consecutive occasions before resolving itself on the 4th return to pits.

mickrf79
25-09-2017, 12:26
Yeah. I bought pc2 in anticipation that a lot of bugs were fixed after watching this on YouTube - "project cars 2 - Andy Tudor interview"

Kinda feeling led astray and a little taken for a ride... Well not in a good way lol

I would share the link but new to the forums and been restricted to do so.....

Super Supes
25-09-2017, 12:59
Had a career race, Ginetta Jnrs at Silverstone.
Started to rain, quite heavily but the track/environment did not get wet at all.
No puddles, no sheen etc etc.

Infact set faster laps after it had started.

Juiced46
25-09-2017, 13:13
Not sure if it has been mentioned.

-When qualifying using Quick Race/Custom settings, I will have the top time out of the pack. If I "Skip to End" I end up in last place and all other racers somehow become 4-5 seconds faster then me.

-Rearview mirror is extremely pixelated, not really a bug though.

Gix916
25-09-2017, 14:33
in custom events the results show the nationality of the car not the driver?

the paint on the end of the barriers at Brands Hatch should be Orange (like most other circuits) not white with green stripes.

in replay when you toggle the interface only the map stays on screen, the overview turns off with the interface.

on pit monitor screen, when you bring up the timings it said I was on track, when I was obviously in the pit (watching the pit monitor)

moeder_theresa
25-09-2017, 15:12
Career progress gets deleted, mostly when I am at tier 1 or 2.
Very very annoying. I am on Xbox.

mkstatto
25-09-2017, 15:51
Saving a race replay takes forever.

GRTfast
25-09-2017, 17:15
1. Group A career, Skyline car. First race is at Long beach. If I modify my tune, the car no longer has a right rear tire. It's there on the car, but doesn't show up on the temperature/tire health meter, and drives like it has no right rear tire.

2. I get kicked from 75% of the online lobbies I join.

3. Thrustmaster wheel seems "jumpy" if there are a lot of AI in the race with me. I'm using "raw" setting with sliders at 50. Wheel is set to 900.

4. frame rate seems to randomly slow down, and there are aliasing issues.

5. Drift car behaves unnaturally, tends to snap back the other direction in a very unrealistic way (I can drift in real life).

6. BMW M6 GT3 final drive gear ratio is not adjustable

cassito
25-09-2017, 20:47
Despite the problems already read, I would like to add two more:

1) the external camera has the sense of speed inverted, compared to the internal cameras. The bars to control are limited compared to Project Cars 1.

2) the engine is overheating and will broken, even if the car has no damage and radiator open at 75% using default setup.

Did you notice this yourself?

rpstar
26-09-2017, 01:38
Besides the tire temp issues (Ginetta GT5 for example) the most annoying bug is the setup name issues as mentioned. I also could swear it's changed my gear ratios on me after reloading the setup I just saved but I can't 100% reproduce it yet so will have to wait on saying that's for sure happening.

Mikke
26-09-2017, 05:49
When pausing the game to the menu and re-entering, the camera changes to the front camera (situated low on front bumper) and must be adjusted to what it was before the pause.

dreampage
26-09-2017, 09:20
Adding to the tire temperature problem: Wet tires are easier to warm up (in rain, obviously) but slicks are impossible. They actually cool down (!) during a race, starting from ideal temperature then cooling down considerably, even when pushing real hard through several laps. It's clearly not right.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 09:21
Adding to the tire temperature problem: Wet tires are easier to warm up (in rain, obviously) but slicks are impossible. They actually cool down (!) during a race, starting from ideal temperature then cooling down considerably, even when pushing real hard through several laps. It's clearly not right.
Which car(s)? There are some known cars with broken slick tyres (FRookie, FC).

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 09:22

Soft or hard slicks?
Which car/track combo?
Track/Ambient temp?

Wet tires will always warm up quicker because their compound is softer. That's also the reason why they can be very quick for a short period of time.

marcoma
26-09-2017, 11:21
BAC MONO tires not reaching optimum temps.

Canadian_2Four
26-09-2017, 13:02
Anyone else have the issue of FFB just going away after restarting a race? I have the Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel with the F1 Wheel and last night while driving down the Mulsanne Straight (Porsche GT3 24HR) the wheel literally wouldn't stay straight it kept moving left/ right and the car wanted to start sliding so I restarted the race, tried fixing the left to right issue but when I went to start the Race again the FFB was just gone/ dead nothing was there.

I remember this happening often with PC1 but now PC2!!? Damn man! Also my wheel started making a loud humming noise for about 5-10sec then stopped. Not sure if this is a Bug or if my wheel is trying to tell me something. lol

Moonfast
26-09-2017, 13:31
When doing the Ginetta 40 J-cup in Career I can only choose from All-Weather tyres, All-terrain tyres and Ice tyres. Is this right? Shouldn't there be any slicks?

Gix916
26-09-2017, 13:57
Renault Clio has front and rear diff adjustment options available in tuning setup. (edit: didnt do this today!)

player gets penalty if AI hits you on formation lap.

in car rear view mirror on mclaren gt3 has no image on it. cockpit/helmet view

doesn't always stay in the view you select, meaning you have to waste a button assignment to change view. (same as in PC1)

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 14:00
When doing the Ginetta 40 J-cup in Career I can only choose from All-Weather tyres, All-terrain tyres and Ice tyres. Is this right? Shouldn't there be any slicks?

That's correct. This car doesn't have slicks.

Super Supes
26-09-2017, 14:45
Ran the Caterham community event.
On track, In and out of menu adjusting FFB settings and it would screw the steering up.
With the wheel straight the car would be turning left, incar wheel also straight.
Would have to hold almost 90* to opp lock to go straight.

rrusso
26-09-2017, 15:32
Invite to private Lobbies: If you start a private Lobby you can invite friends. Also in Pit you can invite, but if you get on track an then back into pits, there is no more option to invite into the lobby.

Have this problem to...this is normal or its a bug?

LiamDarts180
26-09-2017, 16:02
Playing at Sonoma Raceway National with the Indycars and when you enter the pits in any session I and all the AI are being disqualified.
Also if you return to the pits using the menu once you've started the session you can't move away after you select return to track.

dreampage
26-09-2017, 16:46
Which car(s)? There are some known cars with broken slick tyres (FRookie, FC).

Honestly, any car that I've raced with so far. Just a few examples:

LMP3 Ligier
GTE Ferrari 488
GT3 Porsche 911 Endurance
LMP1 Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
Formula Rookie
TC Euro masters BMW

The car comes out of the box, the tires are blue, and no matter how hard and long I push and try to do laps, they never seem to reach peak temperature, not even after 4-5 laps. Especially on the "inner side" (so if a track is clockwise then the right side, and vice versa). I try weaving left-right in straights, brake hard, push hard... they warm up to a degree but never reach the color that is at the beginning of a race. Also, while racing I can see the slicks even cool down a little.

It applies to both soft and hard slicks in my experience. (Xbox One)

Alan Gamester
26-09-2017, 16:53
Game: Project CARS 2
Platform: Xbox One

Description: Race Driver model is T Posed in middle of Start/Finish Straight during Qualification

Reproduction

1 - Launch Project CARS 2
2 - Start a career
3 - Join Group A Series
4 - race through the Series
5 - During the 4th Round Observe that the Race Driver model is T Posed in middle of Start/Finish Straight during Qualification

Expected Result

There is no Driver model in middle of Start/Finish Straight

Actual Result

Race Driver model is T Posed in middle of Start/Finish Straight during Qualification

Repro Rate

1/5

Notes:

have a screenshot does not want to upload will update as soon as I can

Description: in the middle round there is no Sound aside from the Menu prompts

Reproduction

2 - Start a career
3 - Join a Series
4 - race through the Series
5 - Observe by in the middle round there is no Sound aside from the Menu prompts

Expected Result

There is sound throughout

Actual Result

in the middle round there is no Sound aside from the Menu prompts

Repro Rate

2/5

Notes

Description: the entire grid slowly drives into the Pit wall with no drivers and stay there and player can only quit

Reproduction

2 - Start a career
3 - Join Group A
4 - Race round 1 proceed to Round 2
5 - Soak game for 5 - 6 hours
7 - Observe that the entire grid slowly drives into the Pit wall with no drivers and stay there and player can only quit

Expected Result

the session starts and player has control

Actual Result

the entire grid slowly drives into the Pit wall with no drivers and stay there and player can only quit

Repro Rate

1/5

Notes

Malkovich19
26-09-2017, 17:24
A few points that I have encountered so far:
In Career Ginetta Junior, half way through season points tally stopped displaying and on completion of season after winning 4 of 5 races, unsuccessful season notice as it had me having no victories/poles etc.
G920 steering bounce when straight, I realise its been raised, but just to add another case.
Auto driving in the pits, when entering the pit lane the steering wheel stays at the exact point that it was on entry to the pits, does not turn wheel if car manoeuvring through the pits.
Replays: At the start of a replay your car is in the condition that it was at the end of the Qualification/Race, rather than being in pristine condition.
Replays: If cars have their lights on, they are visible through hills etc.
Replays: Bannochbrae, as cars go over the higher level their shadows show on the road/ground below.

Froggystomper
26-09-2017, 19:38
Tyre temp bug in Formula Rookie on dry tyres only. Car is basically undrivable unless you tiptoe round, in which case you can't win as the AI don't seem affected by it.

Super Supes
26-09-2017, 20:04
Caterham launch event.
Fuel Starts at 5l's and doesnt change. However if you pit in it shows a higher number and decreases.
The lap timer listing world record/personal best etc will not show up if you go into tuning.
Then randomly doesnt appear .

No settings changed for the above ^

snipeme77
26-09-2017, 21:33
Minor bug for ya'll. The dirtfish mill run track has a lot of red and black barriers that float especially on the last corner

Juiced46
26-09-2017, 22:02
Xbox One S with a Digital Download copy. Quick camera flicker ONLY when in Helmet cam view when downshifting or upshifting. It will only do it when the drivers head looks into the turn. Not sure what the flicker is (it looks like it may be looking back) but since it happens so fast, I am unsure. This happens using a Thrustmaster TX wheel. I even re mapped the look back button and it still happens. I think it may be some sort of bug when the "Auto Clutch" Engages quickly during the shift.

mauriziocima
27-09-2017, 08:49
I'm on Xbox one (standard version) - career mode, with Formula Rookie, in Catalunya I got very low FPS (did not measure but I'd say around 20-30fps) on both practice and qualifying. Weather was cloudy. During the actual race, weather was sunny (clear sky, no clouds), and FPS was silky smooth (again did not measure but seemed to me a solid 60fps). Disabling all GFX effects on the corresponding menu had no impact on frame rate.

dreampage
27-09-2017, 09:38
A possible fix for career progress loss on Xbox One:

If you encounter the problem where exiting a career session makes the game freeze then crash to the Xbox dashboard, DO NOT start the game again instantly. The freeze almost certainly corrupted the save file and if you start the game again, it will overwrite your old save with the new one which doesn't include your career progress. It will also automatically overwrite the save file in the cloud, so your progress is lost forever.

What I did last time is before starting the game again, I went to Manage Game and deleted the local save file.

- Press the Menu (Start) button on the game tile
- Choose "Manage Game"
- Go to "Save File"
- Select and choose "Delete from this Xbox" (and NOT "Delete everywhere")

After this, start the game. Since it has no save file on the console, it will pull the save file from Xbox Live, which, hopefully still has your old career.

The last time I encountered this freeze bug I did this method and it seemed to work, my career remained intact. However, it's not 100% that I'm right. Maybe I was just lucky that the freeze didn't delete my progress. So this is still a huge, game breaking bug.

Also, this doesn't help those who simply start the game and their career is gone, although they encountered no problems or freezes before whatsoever.

marcoma
27-09-2017, 11:39
Karts - Glencairn track - about every AI car will loose a wheel you'll pretty much be the only kart on track by the second lap.
Ginetta JR - No matter what difficulty/aggression your car will always be faster than AI on straights.
Road car Zonda invitational Nordschleife at night - really poor graphics/forza multiplayer AI. Tested with cautious AI as well.
no grip at all in races with Ice.
Rain races where there is no WET tires (road cars) the AI can go much faster.

Moonfast
27-09-2017, 14:36
I was doing Clio cup at Snetterton 300 in full practice. There was heavy rain and lots of puddles. I paused in the middle of the session and watched 1 min of replay. When I continued racing the track was completly dry with no puddles. This was on Xbox One.

XFR Spike
27-09-2017, 15:40
+ Two Toyota GT86's in car list of identical spec and design.

breyzipp
27-09-2017, 15:51
+ Two Toyota GT86's in car list of identical spec and design.

Wrong.

Toyota 86 - RHD - steering wheel with red trim.
Toyota GT-86 - LHD - other steering wheel.

I don’t know if you dive deep into tuning options if there are any differences between both but in design they already have some differences.

Mon Pavion
27-09-2017, 18:55
Game seems to be shifting gears automatically even though I have it set to manual. At least in Formula Rookie. Haven't tested in other cars.

If I cycle the setting in the menu it seems to fix it.

Victor-J
27-09-2017, 20:02
At Sportsland SUGO with the Formula Rookie in Practice, there is a kind of freeze in the final part of the track (double left corner). The game slows down, but the sound continues on. Then all of a sudden the game speeds up at 200% of the speed to catch up again. This mostly results in a spin of the car. Tried this with other cars, but that went okay. Also tried it with the Formula Rookie in Free Practice, also went okay.

FTW Leceur
27-09-2017, 22:18
Loved pc1 and gold tested pc2. But the main issue that killed pc1 for me was the online lag/freezing when somebody joined or left the lobby. Same thing happening with pc2 and therefore online is unplayable.

cxMilk
28-09-2017, 03:44
Few minor things figured I'd point out - don't know if any of them have been or not.

1. In the Group 5 Turbo Masters Invitational Event, the Porsche 935/77 is shown as the default car, but if you hit Y to change your car selection, the 935/77 is not available in the car selection menus. This is the only invitational where this appears to be the case, at least that I've noticed so far.

2. What is the actual length of Sampala Ice Circuit? There's absolutely no way it's 3.05 miles. Should it be 0.35 miles? That could be believable?

3. I noticed both Dubai Club's and Ruapuna Outer Loop's incorrect lengths from pCars1 are carried over into pCars2. For reference, check these two (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42425-Dubai-Club-track-length-not-correct&p=1178889&viewfull=1#post1178889) posts (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42425-Dubai-Club-track-length-not-correct&p=1179199&viewfull=1#post1179199).

I assume these are probably issues on all platforms but haven't seen a general bug reporting thread, so I'll put 'em here since I'm on XBox myself.

dreampage
28-09-2017, 10:50
Video about the handling / physics problem:

Catalunya, Porsche 911 GT3 Endurance, warm tires, no damage, default setup.

1st video: Career qualifying session. Please look at the straights, especially the start-finish straight. The car constantly pulls to one side, all I do is try to counter-steer, it's hugely annoying. There are 24 cars on track so it may be the cause (too much load on the game engine?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hplx2IJUk

2nd video: Same car, same track, same setup, Private Test (only car on track), start-finish straight. No problems whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2a6TPiaQs

I also have to add that every car behaves differently during tests than in career / race mode. Cars handle much smoother and are generally more stable, not as nervous in corners compared to when there are many cars on track.

marcoma
28-09-2017, 16:05
Just when i was beginning to get used to the whole lot of bugs, now the wheel settings wont save (steering sensitivity etc). I dont know whats causing this.

Anyone experienced a flickering on the screen when downshifting into a corner?

two new bugs in a couple of hours... I always shutdown the xbox completely (energy saving option). my console doesnt have a bunch of games, I have plenty of space.

Come on, this game was not cheap in my country, please fix asap

thanks

dreampage
28-09-2017, 18:37
Game breaking bug: Today I loaded the game and my career progress was gone. I know this has been indicated before but we simply can't stress enough how big the problem is. Career progress randomly disappears. There was no freezing or any kind of problem - I last played the game yesterday, I quit it normally as always. Now the career is simply not there, my only option is to create a new driver.

Y22 Rydr
28-09-2017, 20:30
In the first race of the tier 6 formula rookie I suffered damage to my car (lost three wheels). Continued to the main race and all three wheels were missing. The track was Sugo.

GRTfast
29-09-2017, 01:50
Formula C career. First race at Brno. Can't get the tires to warm up. Drove the entire qualifying session and they were still blue. I was running slicks.

Juiced46
29-09-2017, 02:20
-- Multiplayer Online games. Got kicked out 3 times in a row after Qualifying. Even a lobby I created.
-- When shifting in chase view- Reverse lights flash quickly (Auto clutch is being used with default button mapping and TM TX Wheel)
-- My profile signed out accidentally because my 2nd Xbox turned on. When I signed back in ALL of my settings were back to default except the camera stuff. Career progress was still there though.
-- All road cars. Trofeo R tires are like driving on ice, even after doing a few laps and green. Way too easy to lose traction, even on the straights. Road A cars are basically useless and undriveable.
-- I can do a standing burnout for a minute straight and tire temps NEVER rise.

WizardEwe0
29-09-2017, 08:59
Yesterday I set the pole (multiplayer race) and the race was with rolling start mode and happened this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WizardEwe0/video/37178747

Happened only for me, not for other guys.
I didn't press any button, all automatically, the game set me 130kmh but the limit was 120kmh, so drive through

rich1e I
29-09-2017, 10:43
When driving the Lambo GT3 on Red Bull Ring I've noticed that telemetry shows a maximum HP of only 440 bhp, but the car actually has 490 bhp or something. Wondering if it's just a display problem or if the car also lacks power on this track. Also I think revs shown on telemetry are not the same as shown in cockpit.

Sankyo
29-09-2017, 10:46
When driving the Lambo GT3 on Red Bull Ring I've noticed that telemetry shows a maximum HP of only 440 bhp, but the car actually has 490 bhp or something. Wondering if it's just a display problem or if the car also lacks power on this track. Also I think revs shown on telemetry are not the same as shown in cockpit.
How high above sea level is the track? Could be that.

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 10:46

The Lambo doesn't have a turbo. That's why it's suffering from power loss because of the high altitude of the RB Ring.

The not matching rev numbers is a known issue.

rich1e I
29-09-2017, 11:03
The Lambo doesn't have a turbo. That's why it's suffering from power loss because of the high altitude of the RB Ring.

The not matching rev numbers is a known issue.

Ok, didn't know the revs issue has already been mentioned. And damn, didn't take altitude into consideration. Is PC really simulating altitude as well? I'll definitely try the R8 GT3 today as it's also naturally aspirated and see if this causes the power loss.

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 11:37
Ok, didn't know the revs issue has already been mentioned. And damn, didn't take altitude into consideration. Is PC really simulating altitude as well? I'll definitely try the R8 GT3 today as it's also naturally aspirated and see if this causes the power loss.

PCARS 1 already did this. :)

Jayerton
29-09-2017, 11:58
Hi all,
First time to this forum, noticed a real game breaker.
Halfway through a season, halfway through a programme, came back to the game, and it won't let me "continue career", it's greyed out, only option is "new driver".
All of my stats are still available, but I now can't continue my career. To the developers read this thread?

rich1e I
29-09-2017, 12:10
PCARS 1 already did this. :)

Well didn't know that. I should've visited the forums more often i guess ^^. So turbo charged is the way to go on Red Bull Ring, or is there a way to fix power loss in naturally aspirated cars?

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 12:13
Well didn't know that. I should've visited the forums more often i guess ^^. So turbo charged is the way to go on Red Bull Ring, or is there a way to fix power loss in naturally aspirated cars?

No.

rich1e I
29-09-2017, 12:17
No.

Alright, thanks for clarifying Bealdor! Forums need a 'thumbs up' smiley!

Killer Bob
29-09-2017, 13:41
Not sure if this has already been posted, but sometimes racing at night in cockpit view i see weird semi-transparent black 'shadows' in the middle of the track in my headlights. They almost look like the shape of cars but seem to float in mid mid air at cockpit height, it's pretty distracting. I paused game went to photo view and used drone cam to look at them but they vanished till i unpaused and they came back. Lasted till dawn. Anyone else see them? Cheers

Renatojsp
29-09-2017, 14:49
After a week on Project Cars 2 I would like to thanks the producer, the game is very good and promises to be a reference. Follow some issues notes.
# 1 race duration and qualify. In the race creation or qualify with duration of time, no matter how many hours you put in the configuration, after the creation of the lobby the game starts with only 2 hours and 20 minutes.
# 2 Mirror on HUD in camera cockpit. It does not matter how many times you go in the HUD settings and you save the internal rearview mirror on the cockpit camera every time you turn to race center and if you return to race the mirror disappears.
# 3 Audio from the otjers cars on the external replay camera. Watching the replay on the external camera the audio of my car looks like the audio of the cockpit and has no variation relative to the distance of the camera that follows it. The audio of the other cars in the scene also behave very artificially and get very low due to the sound of my car being the same as the cockpit camera.
# 4 random weather conditions. This problem already comes from Pcars1, puts itself in the random weather and the chance of rain or fog reaches 80% !!!!!!! This happens even in arid regions. Please fix this, the chance of rain and haze in a real race does not reach 15%. If they could allow which of the climates could be chosen as random, I would also appreciate it because fog and snow break all the fun of this setup. It could be an option called random only sun and rain.
# 5 racing strategy with stock cars. I had understood that Pcars2 would allow you to choose the racing strategy using stock cars. Testing the game I came across this news, but I found it incomplete. Let's see, you can enrich the fuel mixture and choose tire compound, psi and quantity of fuel in the pit stop but you do not choose how the fuel liters, do not choose tyre compound or psi before the race start. This compromises the whole strategy of a pilot. Correct me if I am wrong if this can be done during the qualify.
# 6 Force feedback histogram. My friend who has PC showed me the ffb histogram of PC that is much more complete in PC than in XBOX. Please correct this.

Other welcome suggestions:
-Possibility to turn off only the toolbar and keep partial time information on the upper left side. This would allow for the offline production of racing videos with the information of the race, same in the transmission of the TV and not only in streaming with 2 people just to make the transmission. Nowadays they are not viable because the replay control tool covers the whole video and if it turns off it takes the time of the pilots too. I'm fond of running broadcasts. I would also like to be able to choose to show the accumulated distance for the first or the distance between each pilot. I will apreciate the possibility to choose the pilot without need to show the replay bar tools again and again, only with RB and RL.

xboxReg
29-09-2017, 14:56
Another of the moderators already knows about this issue, but there's a bug with "Cold Tires" when using the Thrustmaster TX wheel. Basically cold tires causes the wheel to jerk violently. Presently the only way to play the game is to disable practice and qualifying (which means we basically cant play the career ,ode till its fixed).

There's a full thread on this already with many folks chiming in, but I figured I would mention it here since this is the thread for bugs.

Cheers

Same here with my Thrustmaster wheel. I purchased on Day 1 and had no problems. Day 2 some minor jerking that i thought was odd. Now, it jerks so bad I can't even complete a lap without ending up in the wall or grass. I wouldn't mind as much if it was just a visual problem, but the jerking is actually steering the car. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Juiced46
29-09-2017, 15:05
Was playing Sugo with the GTR in the snow @ night. The graphics of the AI cars get a serious downgrade. Looks like graphics from a PS1.

PHL33
29-09-2017, 15:31
Tire pressures are inconsistent, and uneven front/rear by a drastic amount in qualifying in career mode. Also it's unrealistic.

Burnouts do not heat up rear tires, no matter how much you do (in any mode). I'll be lucky to get 1 psi. Soft slick or hard slick, don't matter.

Rear tires don't heat up properly in qualifying in career mode, after 20 min of qualifying my fronts are warm and 30 psi, but rears stay 24psi. Setup pressures are default, just changed tires to soft slicks.

Increasing pressure in setup does fix it in qualifying (warm gets to 32 psi evenly all around), but then it's WAY over pressure (40+psi) during the race mode.

Ford mustang RTR gt4, gt4 career mode, american tracks.

pjrblue
29-09-2017, 19:11
Race, 10 laps, Nurburgring GP, 16 cars, Rain, Time 50x
Xbox One, Wheel Fanatec CSW v2 with CSL P1

No water spray, strange and sometimes missing shadows.

https://youtu.be/jYCVOxDmqOY

https://youtu.be/dEItwsOoL_w

https://youtu.be/t7yh9emeTUc

https://youtu.be/XeI16FoCkfk

The replay also has the strange box around the car, video 15 seconds. This also occurs on the first video (clip 1).

https://youtu.be/_r3xarCsyQk

In this video we can see a strange blur in the cockpit after the last turn in Laguna Beach circuit, time trial.

https://youtu.be/-Yi5wTvrrpA

FIA
29-09-2017, 22:25
I dont know about the other videos at the start, but the last one in not a bug, it is this

Helmet Depth of Field
When accelerating, this option will cause the periphery of the screen to blur while driving. It replicates the sensation of focussing more on the track than on the instrument panel of your car.

Iconiqk
30-09-2017, 01:28
Xbox One S with a Digital Download copy. Quick camera flicker ONLY when in Helmet cam view when downshifting or upshifting. It will only do it when the drivers head looks into the turn. Not sure what the flicker is (it looks like it may be looking back) but since it happens so fast, I am unsure. This happens using a Thrustmaster TX wheel. I even re mapped the look back button and it still happens. I think it may be some sort of bug when the "Auto Clutch" Engages quickly during the shift.

Same issue here, also using a Thrustmaster.

Senna94
30-09-2017, 06:52
The idealline is completely not working. In the options it stands on. It is displayed just before the curve. Quasi at the Kurveneingang. And she's gone again at the corner exit. It is also only blue and green. Furthermore, the few ideal line is hard to recognize because it is weak or disappears in the asphalt, and it is extremely pixelated. Please urgently patchen since my son (7) is still dependent on it.

WizardEwe0
30-09-2017, 10:43
I've noticed there is a framerate issues when you press the button to see tyre temperatures, brakes etc... when you're driving with these setting on, there is a bit framerate drop

For pad-drivers, I've noticed gear glitch, when you press the button for decrease the gear, sometimes there is double change, for example form 3rd gear to 1st

TooMuchCyanide
30-09-2017, 11:53
I'm not sure if this happens on other tracks, but when qualifying (not sure if this also applies in free practice) on Spa Historic, upon returning to the pit box and going out, it'll pop up with a warning saying "Retiring - Insufficient Progress", followed by a countdown, which will constantly return you to the pit box when you exit, preventing you from doing a proper qualifying run.

boojumi
30-09-2017, 14:32
This has happened to me as well. If I wait and not skip, times are rational. Skip to the end takes huge amount of lap times away from others.

Not sure if it has been mentioned.

-When qualifying using Quick Race/Custom settings, I will have the top time out of the pack. If I "Skip to End" I end up in last place and all other racers somehow become 4-5 seconds faster then me.

Something Durty
30-09-2017, 15:46
Hello,

I play on Xbox One with a controller, and here are my issues/bugs:

-Tunes created in private testing do not transfer to career mode and vise-versa

-When starting a formation lap in my Porsche Cayman GT4 career mode, my car has a 500+ degree front brake temp, 400+ rear brake temp (it's usually 300-450 when I race), and my tires jump to 35-40psi on all my soft compound tires (I am always under 27psi in practice or quali when racing).Crazy enough, the tires begin to cool down as I am racing to my usual operating temp of around 27psi; this happen during my GT4 Euro-league tour, then I turned it off for Zolder. the formation lap seems to exaggerate car's conditions for only one or two laps. When I watch WEC/ELMS, they start their single formation lap from a standstill, with what seems to be cold brakes and tires.

-I raced the 488 GTE on Nurburging GP on both quick race (quali and race with 31 AI: GTE, LMP2, LMP3), and private session; the quick race had a sluggish slower feel on cornering/acceleration than the private session, which was the average feel for the game that I recognized. My lap times for the quick race was 10+sec more than my private session, same tune.

-I double checked my pit strategy after I just saved it, and my bar rating for the tire went from 1.44 and 1.38, to 0.93 and 0.89; thankfully I caught it, readjusted it, and saved it again. this was on career mode with my cayman gt4 on Zolder.

-During a private session on Imola with my Ligier JS P3, I caught a clone of my driver levitating over the last chicane, could be distracting to others.

-Ai truly do have unreal lap times when you skip to end of session; it turns out that one of their sector times get cut off from their overall lap time, thus shortening their time.

-Track director sometimes delete my time when I have only two wheels over the line (two wheels over is okay). I forgot the tracks, so be on the lookout.

-Photo mode's Drone Camera around Laguna Seca's corkscrew chicane has lots of invisible barriers and makes very tough to fly around it finding good photo angles; it could be because of the turn's dropping height in correlation with the limits of the drone camera from the car.

-When I leave photo mode from a replay, the screen seems to freeze; the car keeps a steady idle, and the wheels keep rotating at full speed. to fix this, I quickly go back to photo mode, and then have to leave again.

-Using ICM for a pit stop is the only way that I can switch to medium, intermediate, and extreme wet tires; you cannot choose them in the pit box whenever you would like.

I'd appreciate any advice

Gix916
30-09-2017, 16:19
career Clio Cup race at Knockhill, during one lap in qualifying about 5 cars stopped by the side of the track at various points or were going slowly. next lap all AI cars were in the pits and didn't come back out again. about 7mins of the session left to go.
(next race at silverstone 12 mins to go 1 car stopped on pit exit and rest in pits.)

pit box indicator is sometimes just black and hard to see. (all tracks)

light green numbers on new laptime widget are impossible to read against a cloudy sky.

custom event pre-race screen doesn't tell you how many laps the race is.

in career mode, first race of every season, Ben tells you it's the first race of your career.

driving on grass is a bit OTT, too easy to spin round.

AI struggle to overtake slower cars in multi class even with aggression turned up.

Mackowski
30-09-2017, 17:40
Hi all

I have digital copy of PCars2. Fantastic game, just needs few things sorted. So far I have found following issues:

- can't save hud layout after changing the layout ***UPDATE*** I have used the controller to change the layout then turn the controller off, sign in with the wheel and was able to save the layout. So far it works fine.

- when in pit box and choose 'MONITOR' then go back to the car, the hud dissapear

- private testing at Knockhill, lap timer counts 2 laps as 1 ***UPDATE*** user error, don't ask because I won't tell. Sorry to waste your time.

Logitech G920

- when in pit box, sometimes, wheel moving slowly by itself

- juggering from right to left (playing with gain setting seems to make it better)

- I was hoping I'll be able to use LSB and RSB. I understand it was my choice to get XB1 and G920 so I accept very limited number of controls (buttons) but since LSB and RSB are there, why can't we use them. Is this something you can add?

UDP

- are you working on adding this feature to the consoles?

Thank you.
Mack

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 17:57
Hi all

I have digital copy of PCars2. Fantastic game, just needs few things sorted. So far I have found following issues:

- can't save hud layout after changing the layout

- when in pit box and choose 'MONITOR' then go back to the car, the hud dissapear

- private testing at Knockhill, lap timer counts 2 laps as 1

Logitech G920

- when in pit box, sometimes, wheel moving slowly by itself

- juggering from right to left (playing with gain setting seems to make it better)

- I was hoping I'll be able to use LSB and RSB. I understand it was my choice to get XB1 and G920 so I accept very limited number of controls (buttons) but since LSB and RSB are there, why can't we use them. Is this something you can add?

UDP

- are you working on adding this feature to the consoles?

Thank you.
Mack

Yep, should be arriving SMSoon.

Robhd
30-09-2017, 18:06
Custom race Donington, single make Ginetta G40 10 laps... Lap 8 slowdown on screen and my lead goes from 7 seconds up to 2 mins 14 in about 3 jumps over about a minute... Now i know i am good lol..but...

Thrustmaster tx with tm rim, th8a and t3pa pedals using manual shift and no aids..

Robhd
30-09-2017, 18:12
Posted elsewhere by mistake, sorry but also career mode Ginetta g40 at knickerbrook chicane the chevron marker next to track is concrete.. Hit it and car trashed.. Should be poly foam... Please shift it, someone will get hurt! Ta

rich1e I
30-09-2017, 21:05
Not sure if this has been already mentioned but I wanted to join a Road America race. When I joined the lobby it said the race wouldn't be on Road America but Long Beach. Also often I join a lobby and get stuck in spectator mode, or sometimes info says there's an opening lap + standing start, which isn't possible afaik. Either opening lap and rolling start, or just standing start.

Agent12253
30-09-2017, 22:36
In Super Trofeo Career Mode as well as hit or miss online sessions, my wheel vibrates uncontrollably until pit out and the limiter is turned off. Force feedback on the track is incredibly polar, the wheel goes from no feedback to feeling like you are driving over massive rocks with no transition in between. The game is unplayable when sessions are like this. I have the TX 458 wheel.

Edit: seems to happen on any session with 15 or more cars for me.

zacmaccraken
01-10-2017, 08:19
Hello folks, long time no see! Well, I've noticed a couple of things that are affecting the PC2 overall experience.
The biggest one is, of course. CHASE CAM view, and the huge problem of its lack of sense of speed. Original PC did a much better work with this.
Another thing is that head lights don´t illuminate at daytime....weird!
And the last thing I've noticed is that there's a reduced raindrop effect on the screen, I think that PC raindrop effect was excellent and it should return, somehow now rain feels lacklustre.
That's all for now!
Hope to see some fixes soon!

Senna94
01-10-2017, 10:59
I give up. Playing the game with a G920 on the Xbox One is impossible. This permanent wiggle of force feedback is an aplum. It is also easy to get over no setting the FFB away. You can set the amplitude to below 30. Then it is so minimal that you barely feel it. But then there is hardly any steering resistance.

The game is, in my opinion, currently not playable with a G920.

When should an update come for the Xbox? And by the way, I and my son also need the ideals! Thank you.

Linx
01-10-2017, 18:06
I've read through all the pages and haven't seen anyone with my problem. During game play the screen freezes and the sound stays stuck wherever it was at. It stays frozen for about 15-20 seconds then the picture moves a bit further up the track and freezes for another 15-20 seconds. Finally the game goes back to working normally but at that point I'm in a wall. Funny thing is during the freeze, the game play continues to be felt through the wheel. I can feel it going down the road, into the dirt, and crashing into the wall. It also still responds to my input. So if I get on the brakes I can avoid hitting the wall or if I hit throttle and turn hard I can feel the sliding. All this while on a frozen screen. I was wondering if my Xbox was faulty but I tried playing AC and Forza 6 for long periods of time with no issues.
Other than that I've been experiencing some of the other bugs reported. Mainly losing FFB settings and button configuration every third time I come back to the game.

JasonSandwich
01-10-2017, 19:27
I just finished the Ginetta series and I saved the race as a file because it took me a long time to get through it. The file saved, I grabbed a screenshot of the trophy, then my game went to this still shot of the car I was driving but it was in the race, engine on a single note, and snow frozen in the sky. It sat like this for about three minutes before I tried to shut it down.

I could not open the Xbox menu. I could not even to go the "turn off controller/wheel" option. Buttons did nothing. I waited a few more minutes, car on display. I tried to turn off the console from the front button, put in a disc to see if that would free it up and nothing.

I finally had to pull the plug, wait, and plug it back in.

This is a standard build of the Xbox OS, not an insider build or beta build. I know better than running a new release game on a beta operating system.

So even saving the race (which worked), grabbing the trophy screenshot (worked fine), the race never registered as finished. I need to do it again and it is a very hard race for me...Brands Hatch while it snows. This sucks. Get the patch out soon, please.

GRTfast
01-10-2017, 21:34
Joined a multiplayer gt3 lobby in the Porsche. Thrustmaster wheel jumping around like crazy, car drifting left to right down the straights, even when the wheel is held straight. Problem is not there in career or time trial.

Also, maybe 1 out of 10 multiplayer lobbies are playable. Maybe. Between all the glitches, game freezes, etc... it is pretty bad. Please fix asap.

Y22 Rydr
01-10-2017, 22:35
I just finished the Ginetta series and I saved the race as a file because it took me a long time to get through it. The file saved, I grabbed a screenshot of the trophy, then my game went to this still shot of the car I was driving but it was in the race, engine on a single note, and snow frozen in the sky. It sat like this for about three minutes before I tried to shut it down.

I could not open the Xbox menu. I could not even to go the "turn off controller/wheel" option. Buttons did nothing. I waited a few more minutes, car on display. I tried to turn off the console from the front button, put in a disc to see if that would free it up and nothing.

I finally had to pull the plug, wait, and plug it back in.

This is a standard build of the Xbox OS, not an insider build or beta build. I know better than running a new release game on a beta operating system.

So even saving the race (which worked), grabbing the trophy screenshot (worked fine), the race never registered as finished. I need to do it again and it is a very hard race for me...Brands Hatch while it snows. This sucks. Get the patch out soon, please.

Same for me except in the formula rookie. Great race , saved video, frozen screen with car running in one spot, reset the game lost the progress of the race and had to run it again. The replay did save...

rkcrusha72
01-10-2017, 22:40
PLEASE FIX

Online racing home screen - please fix retrospective list
the game says they are at Lobby (L) so you go to event only to find they are already racing and you have joined as spectator!!!!
remove the automatic spectator feature! People join online races to race not spectate.
make the race list screen update in realtime

FFB default bug:
was just at an online race did 2 laps and pulled into pits when I rejoined my FFB settings had reset to default WTF!!!!!!!! I spent ages getting ffb right and now they are gone. How does this shit happen!!

Leading up to release I was under the impression we were going to be able to set up online racing series eg 5 races at 5 different tracks - cant see that anywhere!!

Can we set Fuel level back to laps to make it easier to set up for race please

Find Colour
02-10-2017, 06:10
Hi,

First post here, with the hope that some bugs in this game, (which feels generally great so far), can be rectified.

1. The Ai difficulty is really inconsistent. Invitationals are super difficult, where as career races I can be 3 seconds a lap quicker with the same settings.

2. The Silverstone supercar invitational in the wet, on the long straight, is undriveable. I spun so many times I decided to try driving at a constant 20mph with the wheel straight, but both the xj220 and mclaren f1 still just spin out like youre driving on butter.

3. The menu feels quite inconsistent in terms of what you can navigate with the d-pad. Sometimes you can select the equivelant of 'confirm', and sometimes you can only select things like practice/quali/race lengths (eg in the career race set up menu).

4. There is a distinct lack of force feedback change during elevation change. This means im having to guess when the car is losing grip on bumpy circuits such as Oulton and Cadwell. Im using a logitech g920 with my xbox one, and have tried all three ffb flavours.

5. In the clio (my favourite car in PC1), it seems impossible to warm up the rear tyres during practice/quali, meaning every corner is a snap oversteer moment, even at moderate pace. Its almost impossible to correct as well, as it starts doing a pendulum back and forth, even when hitting the throttle again which should neutralise the oversteer. It felt especially bad on brands Hatch short circuit.

6. It would be nice to have an 'apply to all' selector for the HUD setup.

7. Skipping forward practice/quali causes Ai drivers to instantly gain 3 seconds on you, even if they are all in the pits and they dont have enough time to put in a lap.

8. Doing a clio race at knockhill, the Ai sat in the pits for the whole second half of the session. All 15 minutes. Great for my laptimes, not great for realism.

8. It feels like Ai should react to 'blue flag' behaviour. They dont react if you are on a hot lap and you've just come out of the pits.

9. Itd be good to check your own connection stength, incase you are causing issues in a lobby.

10. Some lobbys only allow you to go to 'spectate' rather than join in, with no discernable sign in the menus as to why. Really frustrating.

11. At one point, I lost the engine revs noise and needed to restart.

12. In the car menu while driving, if your d pad is set to look right/left for online racing, it still looks left/right while navigating the menu. Really distracting and unnecessary, as xbox doesnt support vr yet to avoid having a look left/right.

I hope any guys looking at a patch can look at these things to help the game be as good as it can be.

tarbat
02-10-2017, 08:30
Xbox One S with a Digital Download copy. Quick camera flicker ONLY when in Helmet cam view

This - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8udoxSta30 ? (at 4 seconds).

Seems to be caused by the look-to-apex briefly looking straight ahead.

Senna94
02-10-2017, 11:25
Workaround Xbox One with G920.

Until the patch just comes to take these settings for the wheel.
Informative,
amplitude 100,
intensity 25,
tone 50,
FX 0,
menu spring strength 0.00.

Then you have no more feedback from ground , curbs, etc. but the game can be played without jerking in the wheel. Hope the patch for Xbox One comes soon.

NeonFlux
02-10-2017, 11:56
I was hosting an online gt1 race on monza, driving the mercedes. I did a couple of laps in qualifying then went back to the pits to adjust the set up. When i came back out i had no front right wheel on the car. It wasnt just cosmetic and I hadnt crashed on my previous laps. I started a new lobby but the same thing happened again. Started another new lobby but used a different car and it was fine.

PHL33
02-10-2017, 15:00
My list of bugs:

1. Burnouts: Burnouts do not affect tire temperature (RWD car). Front tires oddly raised 1 psi while rears stayed constant after 60 seconds of burnouts, in soft slicks. I do not know if this is the same on all types of cars and tires.
2. Rear view mirror: Rear view mirror does not appear in cockpit unless during the session you go to the start menu, click "edit HUD layout", then back out back into your session and it will appear. It has to be done on restarts as well.
3. Saving setups: it's all messed up.
4. Tuning tire pressure: Why is the measurement in bar and not psi, when everything else is in psi?

Alan Gamester
02-10-2017, 15:46

Desription: Thrustmaster TMX for XB1 becomes uncontrollable when Driving straight and smooths out while driving in corners while using GT3 or GTE class cars

Reproduction

1 - Launch PCARS 2
2 - Choose Custom Race
3 - Create a race with full Grid in either GT3 or GTE
4 - Start the Race (Practice session)
5 - When Out of the Pits Drive straight
6 - Observe that Thrustmaster TMX for XB1 becomes uncontrollable when Driving straight while using GT3 or GTE class cars

I tested this with various Classes and Tracks

Killer Bob
02-10-2017, 17:09

Desription: Thrustmaster TMX for XB1 becomes uncontrollable when Driving straight and smooths out while driving in corners while using GT3 or GTE class cars

Reproduction

1 - Launch PCARS 2
2 - Choose Custom Race
3 - Create a race with full Grid in either GT3 or GTE
4 - Start the Race (Practice session)
5 - When Out of the Pits Drive straight
6 - Observe that Thrustmaster TMX for XB1 becomes uncontrollable when Driving straight while using GT3 or GTE class cars

I tested this with various Classes and Tracks

Hi Alan

Its not just happening with a wheel, the weaving problem happens on controller too. Try dropping your opponent number down to around 15 and see if it still gives you an issue. 15 ai''s seems to fix it for most ppl but i can get away with using 19. I done a ton of testing too.

Cheers

Alan Gamester
02-10-2017, 17:42
Hi Alan

Its not just happening with a wheel, the weaving problem happens on controller too. Try dropping your opponent number down to around 15 and see if it still gives you an issue. 15 ai''s seems to fix it for most ppl but i can get away with using 19. I done a ton of testing too.

Cheers

Thanks I will give it a try for sure! but my issue is less waving then just crazy shaking the wheel It shakes so violently that I fear for the safety of my 300$ investment in a wheel and will this persist in Career mode as I have the GT3 series up next.

snipeme77
02-10-2017, 19:29
Drivers dissappear during race. Very this concerning to see a old Aston Martin GT car driving itself

Alan Gamester
02-10-2017, 19:55
Drivers dissappear during race. Very this concerning to see a old Aston Martin GT car driving itself

This also happened to me in Gr.A series in Career except it was in the pits and all the cars just drove softly into the Pit wall barrier and stayed there

snipeme77
02-10-2017, 20:19
I just witnessed a pit cart appearing on Fuji Speedways front straightaway. Pics to follow

cxMilk
03-10-2017, 00:01
Just suffered the bug where FFB and button maps reset to default.

Don't know how to repro as I'm not certain at what point it happened, but was in Free Practice when I noticed it. Could feel the wheel clipping, checked telemetry, sure enough it was clipping. Checked FFB menus and noticed the settings reset, as well as my button mapping.

Gix916
03-10-2017, 09:20
did a custom multi class race at Watkins Glen, full grid (29 i think). Did cool down lap after race and came into pit to be told the pit box was already occupied. When I went down pitlane to look, there was a car from a different class in my pitbox, so not even my "team mate". There was a space in front so I parked in that to see what would happen when that car came back. Nothing.

So I cant get in my pitbox to finish the race, I have to go to the pause menu and "skip warm up lap" in order to end the race.

Psychomatrix
04-10-2017, 12:59
Since today the game freezes in private Testing and time trial 3 times in a hour. Then Hockenheim Classic Time Trial I have no car sound. On the Scottish track my engine ALWAYS overheating even 100℅ open radiators.

Something Durty
04-10-2017, 17:16
This has happened to me as well. If I wait and not skip, times are rational. Skip to the end takes huge amount of lap times away from others.

It turns out that one of their sector times are just taken out of the question, that seems to be the issue

cxMilk
04-10-2017, 22:26
Just suffered the bug where FFB and button maps reset to default.
To add, I noticed this doesn't just affect FFB and button maps, but maybe everything on the options menu? Didn't check at the time, but checked today as I thought the volume mix seemed a bit off. Sure enough, audio (and visual, since I had changed those too) settings were all default as well. Actually, I think gameplay settings might be fine. Though, I've messed with them since I was hit by this bug, so dunno.

rpstar
04-10-2017, 23:37
Did a search and don't see this one yet. There is an assists bug. You can select either Full, None, or Actual but not individual assists. I believe this is on all cars. If you select Full for assists and then turn off ABS and traction control when you go to the track they are still selected. I even tried to assign them to buttons and toggle them while on the track but it says not available. Basically, there seems to be no way to set just stability control on a car unless that happens to be the only actual assist that car comes with (don't know of any car like that).

GothicMatt
05-10-2017, 00:36
Hi there im a newbie here but i will say im impressed with Project Cars 2 so far i know there is a few bugs i.e pit stops taking ages before your car is released and you dont see your car getting filled up with fuel and struggling to control the nascars or stock cars aswell as indycars as they seem to keep turning left even though ive set the steering or maybe not as much as i need to is there any way to fix this

FIA
05-10-2017, 02:28
Hi there im a newbie here but i will say im impressed with Project Cars 2 so far i know there is a few bugs i.e pit stops taking ages before your car is released and you dont see your car getting filled up with fuel and struggling to control the nascars or stock cars aswell as indycars as they seem to keep turning left even though ive set the steering or maybe not as much as i need to is there any way to fix this

The indycars are set like this in real life for the ovals to turn left, for the oval indy car type that is
are you trying to make the work on other tracks?

Moosebbdl
05-10-2017, 12:06
Hi all I've come across these issues they might all be on here already but just in case
1: Racing line not always there
2: potential lap timing box on Hud keeps coming back and is stuck on even after being removed in Hud settings.
3: if you skip to end in practice or qualification ai seem to set unrealistic times.
4: career mode manufacturer affinity races would be nice to be able to practice with car to be able to set up car.
5: stability control to aggressive in corners
6: the only way to make any car controllable also makes car understeer to much.
7: career race, silverstone rain, ginetta gt5, back straight, car will not drive in a stight line ai cars go fine
8: career ai seem to do whatever lap time they like and changing the difficulty changes nothing.
9: career, formula c stability assist extremely to harsh.
If I've put this in the wrong place I'm sorry I'm new to forums

WizardEwe0
05-10-2017, 12:30
Two bug that I saw it last night about replay
- In race night, not all cars have headlights On
- If you select cockpit cam, the movement of the wheel isn't the same of wheel-movement that you use

Maskmagog
05-10-2017, 20:06
Motorsport preset, open wheeler at Brno. After crossing the finish line when the session ended, the lap times sheet showed that I was 6th. 15-20 sec later, I was 8th. I presumed that two cars had crossed the finish line after me, with better times.
But, when the race starts, I'm in 6th place.

Then, I couldn't start the race. There was no HUD, and no start lights. I went into Settings to change pit strategy. Then, nothing. There was one car ahead of me on the grid, and one behind me. No other cars, though I heard the sound of race cars. So I restarted the session. This time, I saw the track from bird's eye-perspective. Suddenly red flags appeared at lower right of the screen, penalising me for contact with other cars. At this point, I hadn't even seen my car, or any other, just the bird's eye-perspective.

I exited, and then had to do practice & qualification again (that may be how it works for custom events?)

Weird. But still, super fun racing!

Gix916
06-10-2017, 11:37
Had a pit strategy selected, in race I changed the fuel amount with the ICM. now that pit strategy has been renamed to the name of the car I was in.

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 11:41
Had a pit strategy selected, in race I changed the fuel amount with the ICM. now that pit strategy has been renamed to the name of the car I was in.
That's by design.

Gix916
06-10-2017, 20:04
That's by design.

I'm guessing the time above I mentioned it didn't work as intended. I tried it again in Ligier Honda but this time instead of overwriting the pit strategy it created a new one* (I suspect that is what it was designed to do)

I tried again in the BMW M6 & Ferrari 488 and it didn't do either of the above.

*also the "new" pit strategy created wasn't the same as the one I edited + the changes I made because all the tyre pressures were wrong

tried a few cars now and only seen the "new" car named strategy appear for the 3 Ligier LMP2's (it doesn't happen for the Ligier LMP3)

Gix916
06-10-2017, 21:15
driving round Sugo in a KTM GT4, feels like I get a bump from behind but there's nobody there. The AI is now driving my car. 2 laps later there is another "bump" from behind and I'm back in control.

could be related to the fact that in previous race(different car, different track) I tried swapping to AI driver during pitstop and it worked. (i didn't call the AI back into pits before the end of that session but I did start the race in control of the car)

Benkid
06-10-2017, 22:04
In a practice session on Nurburgring combined I keep getting a message saying "taking too long to respond retiring from race" followed by a 19 second countdown and being kicked to the pit area.

breyzipp
07-10-2017, 05:28
During this replay video a GT3 car has an identity crisis. You can see (and hear the narrator comment) on an Audi GT3 swapping in and out with a Renault GT3 depending on the camera used :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73mlHR5YWQg

neefoo
07-10-2017, 05:45
Yesterday, while I was in a single race, I somehow ended up being in a loop going from the replay screen, to the photo-option. I could not - get out of it. There were only these two choices. Either being stuck looking at the replay, or being at that photo-taking screen. No matter what I choosed, I could no get out of there. I hade to restart the game.

Robhd
07-10-2017, 06:02
In practice session at Spa in Ginetta G40 as i get to the hairpin before the pit straight up to eau rouge i keep getting race direction message lap disallowed, although i am well within track limits on the approach... This is prior to entering tye bend itself...oh xbox obvs!

breyzipp
07-10-2017, 07:01
The game is out for 2 weeks now and during those 2 weeks the leaderboards for the community events have been lagging, not updating or not syncing a lot of times.

It’s probably a known issue already but just wanted to make sure it was reported.

At this moment they have a lot of troubles, on my PS4 those have no problems at the moment (just browsing through the passed events like I did on Xbox).

Y22 Rydr
07-10-2017, 10:41
Area: HUD
Issue: Occasional flicker of ABS or TCS on HUD display
Occurrence: Driving down straights under constant acceleration (full throttle). I have not noticed it while cornering.
Car: Formula Rookie (assists set to real)
Tracks: All associated with European, Asian, and Championship races of career mode for Formula Rookie

Protazy
07-10-2017, 17:05
Ginetta gt5 career, Silverstone in rain, skipping part of the practice gave -5 seconds to AI drivers, in quali AI cars much faster than me, like with turbo and completly not affected by weather conditions. Race in the same event, heavy rain ai cars like 10 15% faster than my car. By the end of 15 minutes race, 2 laps before end I was lapped by 5 ai cars even though I didn't crash or left the track and my lap times were between 1:15 1:17 AI 1:11 1:12, the gap at the end of the race between me and winner 33 seconds, how did they manage to lap me if one lap takes over 1:10? Sounds like I'm shitty driver (which might be actually true ;) ) but this must be a bug

rich1e I
07-10-2017, 17:35
I think now is the time for a patch on consoles. I'm not that kind of guy to talk unfair shyte, but MP is a mess. Info about available lobbies is pretty much useless.

Gix916
08-10-2017, 09:38
I signed onto my xbox with a different profile, so obviously all the settings etc were at default just like starting the game for the first time. Now every time i sign in to my main profile the settings for Audio, Visual, FFB & button assignment are set to default. I have deleted the save info for the other profile but made no difference.
so now I have to set up the game everytime I start it as if I'm playing for the first time.

edit: this has stopped happening for me now and all settings are now saving.

Y22 Rydr
08-10-2017, 10:13
Got pole position around Long Beach in the Formula Rookie car in career, led from pole did two laps before realizing I was a lap down somehow. I restarted and it was all good

Similar issue, the game was not logging my laps. Restarting the race did not correct.

Protazy
08-10-2017, 11:25
Ginetta gt5 career, Silverstone in rain, skipping part of the practice gave -5 seconds to AI drivers, in quali AI cars much faster than me, like with turbo and completly not affected by weather conditions. Race in the same event, heavy rain ai cars like 10 15% faster than my car. By the end of 15 minutes race, 2 laps before end I was lapped by 5 ai cars even though I didn't crash or left the track and my lap times were between 1:15 1:17 AI 1:11 1:12, the gap at the end of the race between me and winner 33 seconds, how did they manage to lap me if one lap takes over 1:10? Sounds like I'm shitty driver (which might be actually true ;) ) but this must be a bug

Adding to above, opposite situation. Career rally cross, second event in callendar, AI difficulty settings 70 and aggression 60. In 4 laps race I was lapping everyone, AI cars were barely moving on track. This time I've made a video however due to restrictions on the forum can't attach a link to the video.

breyzipp
08-10-2017, 17:55
When you are sitting idle in a tuning menu whilst on a track with a car apparently the clock is ticking when it comes down to your affinity for that car and track. I just spent a really long time going through all the tuning options reading the descriptions of the tuning explanations. I was in the Toyota GT86 on Laguna Seca but never even raced. Now that is according to my driver profile network affinity my longest used track and car.

It would be much better if only actual time on track was used, not time spent in the pit box garage.

cxMilk
08-10-2017, 18:28
Similar issue, the game was not logging my laps. Restarting the race did not correct.
While the lights are counting down, stand on the brake and shift into first. Once the lights go green, jump on the gas. Laps will then log correctly.

Retro_uk
09-10-2017, 04:21
Doing the Rallycross at Knockhill, the game randomly says you have either been through the joker section when you haven't. Or will claim you have been through the joker section twice when you have only been through once. Or it has said I went off circuit and so the joker section didn't count, when in fact I stuck to the track and didn't go offline. Basically the joker section is all kinds of messed up.

Gix916
09-10-2017, 08:52
on a couple of occasions now while in online qualifying I have been penalized for speeding in pitlane with the pitlane limiter on. Once I was DQ'd immediately from the session, the second time I received a +1 grid position.

I also got a 5 second penalty for speeding in pitlane while in the garage tuning my car.

another smaller issue, on the race results after the race all the Avatars were mixed up against the wrong driver names.

Dai1y Br3ad
10-10-2017, 03:34
X box 1
Car setup saves etc
The lap down thing in F5
Career mode F5 free practice, coming out of the pits on a few occasions the car had no drive. Revs and can flick through the gears but wouldn’t move.
Sugo kerb thing
Ffb thing (g920)
Career mode loss and forced into another session with different race settings etc. couldn’t change it.
Driver network records wrong. Eg qualifying entered keeps increasing though not entering. Etc
Driver Hud gone after watching a replay
The Fast cars I couldn’t put the foot down or reach top speed. Just couldn’t sort it out properly. Power and Turbo issues, this could be me unable to set the car up or whatever. But I will mention it anyway....
Tyres sometimes wouldn’t warm up. Wouldn’t even show where they were on the hud sometimes. No colours or whatever.
Time trial issues, I think it is meant to be car specific, but it’s not.
Pit crew issues etc
And all the various other things that have been mentioned.

The Game is awesome. I cannot wait for the patch. At the moment I am into Forza 7 and project cars2 is in its box. But after the patch I think Project cars 2 will be the Best of the lot. Thanks

Roushman624
10-10-2017, 12:49
Many issues on Nurburgring. Graphical issues and some sort of lag in one section always.

o Mike V o
10-10-2017, 15:33
I have only played a bit of multiplayer but it has not been a fun experience. Today I joined a race, did practice and Q with just the odd frame rate stutter here and there. Started the formation lap, I slow down for the cars ahead coming out of t1 at Watkins Glen and the guy behind crashes into the back of me and somehow I got a penalty for it.

Later on in the race i'm doing ok on the final few laps, i'm coming out of the exit of a corner on the left side of the track and suddenly the game completely freezes up for a second or so and then I suddenly find myself touching the grass on the right side of the track which instantly spins me out to last place. Turned off the xbox after that one.

This game has great potential so I hope they get ironed out ASAP, these kinds of bugs are the only thing stopping me from sinking hundreds (or thousands) of hours into this game.

pd555
10-10-2017, 21:28
Hockenheim Classic. Seen on GT3 Porche and Lamborgini. Set up a single race with 3 weather slots. Cloudy > Rain > Storm. In Stategy I choose Extreme Wets but on pitting it puts Ice tyres on. So it impossible to drive. Ice tyres are not even an option to choose for this race. Can someone replicate please?

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 11:01
Also here mods. :)

Please close this thread and open a new one based on version 2.0 when the patch is live on XBox One. Much easier for the SMS guys then to follow up on newly reported bugs.

Cheers!

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 11:05
^ Already done..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55005-XB1-Patch-2-0-Discussion-thread