PDA

View Full Version : V8SC - Wrong tuning options

Coanda
22-09-2017, 14:10
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this and I vaguely remember this being brought to light in pc1. Firstly V8SC (Ford FG) do not have ABS & TC. Why is this an option whilst using authentic driving assists? Secondly they have a spoll differential. Why do we have LSD options? Please correct this for future builds.

Diluvian
22-09-2017, 14:18
Did you set to authentic driving aids in gameplay options?

Coanda
22-09-2017, 14:18
Yes i do

F1Aussie
22-09-2017, 14:21
I noticed an issue with abs, tc and stability control in general. I chose full I think it is but cannot change them in car on the fly even though I have mapped buttons to do so. I just don't get it.

Coanda
22-09-2017, 14:24
I found you can alter this on the fly via the car management menu..

Casey Ringley
22-09-2017, 16:17
Ah ok. I see some do-nothing values appear open for tuning in the differential. There is a spool on the car now, so those values for bias ratio, ramp angles, etc. don't affect anything even though they show up as adjustable. Will kill those and make the Spool element show as active all the time.

I can't reproduce any TC/ABS issue. They are disallowed in data and it works fine on Authentic settings here.

Mad Al
22-09-2017, 16:25
Ah ok. I see some do-nothing values appear open for tuning in the differential. There is a spool on the car now, so those values for bias ratio, ramp angles, etc. don't affect anything even though they show up as adjustable. Will kill those and make the Spool element show as active all the time.

I can't reproduce any TC/ABS issue. They are disallowed in data and it works fine on Authentic settings here.

I'll second that on the aids showing correctly for the FG (real = none)

Diluvian
22-09-2017, 16:37
Okay the confusing part propably is that the ICM and the car setup shows adjustable ABS and TC settings though they aren't actually activated (those settings should be greyed out). And the car selection screen tells it supports ABS, TC and SC.

@Coanda, can you confirm that this is the confusion you have? If those assists are activated or not is noticeable on the virtual speedometer:

First one: All assists are deactivated (greyed out)
Second one: All assists are activated (white)
Third one: ABS and SC currently at work (green)

Coanda
22-09-2017, 17:36
good find! so they aren't enabled. Very confusing considering values can be adjusted in the ICM & tuning menus. I did find an issue with the Renault 3.5. I don't believe it should have adjustable ARB via the cockpit.

Coanda
22-09-2017, 18:48
100% V8SC (Ford FG) does not use auto blip. Please disable this on future builds as it is subtracting from the realism. These cars are sequential manuals that require heal & toe method.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 18:49
Please don't create a new Thread for such "tiny" Things thanks...

We scan trough all Threads to report Issues... thanks...

Coanda
23-09-2017, 04:43
ok no problem. I was not sure that this new find would get lost in this thread as this thread had already been replied too from the developer.

Coanda
23-09-2017, 06:08
Please don't create a new Thread for such "tiny" Things thanks...

We scan trough all Threads to report Issues... thanks...

I have also noticed the Porsche 98 GT1 has auto blip which is not correct. I am sure there are many more other race cars not supposed to have it. The sequential shift animations are also not working for this car. I have also seen this problem on other cars.

I understand its not a game breaker however for me I am not so sure this is a "tiny" issue. If you scan through pc1 threads there are numerous threads regarding this problem & its still ongoing. If simulation & realism is what is being offered then this should have been sorted out a long time ago or at the very least in pc2. I & others enjoy the challenge of correctly shifting race cars the way they were designed. This oversight or lack of development in this area seems to be catering for gpad or rookie drivers.