PDA

View Full Version : No FFB on kerbs or car to car contact?

SimpleSkin
22-09-2017, 14:27
Should I be feeling anything when I make contact with the kerbs or drive off the track? Right now there is zero indication other than visual and sound that I am hitting the kerbs or driving partially off the track. It's like I'm driving on ice. The same thing when bumping into other cars. What setting am I missing? I'm using a Fanatec CSW V1 and playing on PC. It's the latest firmware and the games recognizes it as such. I'm using the "Raw" FFB setting but I still feel nothing. Driving normally on track feels good with decent FFB in corners etc. It just feels so artificial when I hit the kerbs, hear the rumble but feel nothing but smooth glass. Anybody else having this problem? Thanks

-Justin

Mad Al
22-09-2017, 14:32
Should I be feeling anything when I make contact with the kerbs or drive off the track? Right now there is zero indication other than visual and sound that I am hitting the kerbs or driving partially off the track. It's like I'm driving on ice. The same thing when bumping into other cars. What setting am I missing? I'm using a Fanatec CSW V1 and playing on PC. It's the latest firmware and the games recognizes it as such. I'm using the "Raw" FFB setting but I still feel nothing. Driving normally on track feels good with decent FFB in corners etc. It just feels so artificial when I hit the kerbs, hear the rumble but feel nothing but smooth glass. Anybody else having this problem? Thanks

-Justin

Not all kerbs are kerbs.. some really are flat as a pancake.

Try the exit of turn 3 at Brands Hatch

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 14:33
You can also try the Immersive FFB Option, as this will give more Effects on Curbs and offroad etc.

Roger Prynne
22-09-2017, 19:15
Also try turning up the FX.

Molda
22-09-2017, 20:19
I have the same problem with T300RS. On F1 2017 (just an example) when i drive on the kerb or off the road, the wheel vibrates and FFB kicks in and i can "feel" the kerbs, grass etc. But in PC2 no matter the FFB flavour, no matter the tone, FX i feel nothing. The normal on track FFB is ok but there is zero feeling of kerbs etc.

SimpleSkin
22-09-2017, 21:27
You can also try the Immersive FFB Option, as this will give more Effects on Curbs and offroad etc.

This fixed my problem. I'll also tweak the FX and see what that does. I guess I should have read the descriptions a bit closer. I just assumed RAW would be what I expected.

Thanks

-Justin