PDA

View Full Version : in replay mode trackside not work in vr

tex75
22-09-2017, 15:07
in replay mode trackside view not work in vr ,
remains fixed at the starting point of the circuit and does not follow the car , like tv mode in project cars 1 !!

photo mode in vr not work fine.....
is distorted and not follow traking....

is a bug????

in project cars 1 , replay and photo mode work fine !!!

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 15:07
I get that too. It would be nice to have the trackside camera switch to a different view point to follow the action but it remains stuck at the start line the whole time

tex75
22-09-2017, 15:12
is a bug??

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 15:13
smells like a bug

ironik
22-09-2017, 15:13
On which track(s) do you get this problem ?

tex75
22-09-2017, 15:15
everywhere , also photo mode not work fine on vr oculus

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 15:17
This has intensively beeing worked on during the late WMD (Beta) Phase... Im sure they will come, perhaps missed Initial Release...

ironik
22-09-2017, 15:18
everywhere , also photo mode not work fine on vr oculus

Did you try every tracks ?
The camera should move from point to point but you have to follow the action. The replays in VR are designed like if you are on the side of the track.
If you're stucked at the starting line, there is a problem but this shouldn't be the case for every tracks though.

EDIT: And what Siberian Tiger said. Maybe the patch was not shipped in time for the release.

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 15:18
Last track I tested at with Oulton Park International. The "Trackside" camera is just a single viewpoint looking across the start line and never changes

tex75
22-09-2017, 15:20
all tried circuits do not work, a1 ring, monza, imola, barcelona ....

ironik
22-09-2017, 15:26
Ok...
What you can do though, while waiting for a fix, is to save the replay at the end of a session and watch it later without VR.

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 15:27
If it's still being worked on, would it be possible to have the trackside cameras remain static (no panning or zooming)? So they switch to follow the action, but they're always pointing in a fixed direction unless the player turns their head.

ironik
22-09-2017, 15:29
If it's still being worked on, would it be possible to have the trackside cameras remain static (no panning or zooming)? So they switch to follow the action, but they're always pointing in a fixed direction unless the player turns their head.

That's what it should do IIRC ;)

ironik
22-09-2017, 18:12
Guys, please try this if you have time :

Please use + and - on numpad to change VR Replay cameras

PostBox981
22-09-2017, 19:29
Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad
Please use + and - on numpad to change VR Replay cameras

@Marcel:
Guess this is worth a sticky as it is not documented anywhere and nobody will find out by just trying?

Matt York
25-09-2017, 11:22
When using a trackside cam with a VR headset in replays, you go into a VR Cam mode which are a bunch of predetermined camera positions around the circuit, as if you were stood there like a spectator. You can use the + and - keys on the numpad to flick between the various positions around the track.

At the moment, some tracks have camera's that go out of focus when the focused car moves away from the camera. This is being addressed in a future patch.

PostBox981
25-09-2017, 19:12
Yorkie, once you are around Iīd take the opportunity: What is it planned to be like in the future? Is that pressing + and - thing going to stay or will we get a series of cams following our car around the track? Cheers.

zedeeyen
17-02-2018, 21:21
I'd much prefer if Trackside just did the same thing in VR as it does normally. It's a neat feature and all but it shouldn't replace the TV view.

Bad designer. No cookie.

imz14u2nv
18-02-2018, 01:08
When using a trackside cam with a VR headset in replays, you go into a VR Cam mode which are a bunch of predetermined camera positions around the circuit, as if you were stood there like a spectator. You can use the + and - keys on the numpad to flick between the various positions around the track.

At the moment, some tracks have camera's that go out of focus when the focused car moves away from the camera. This is being addressed in a future patch.

Hi Yorkie,
The problem with this is that when you have the VR HMD on you cannot see your keyboard, I also have one of the "Vortex POK3R RGB" keyboard that is 60%, that really doesn't work well in VR.

Vic Flange
18-02-2018, 06:22

Well I never knew that. Would it be possible to mirror map the + and - keys to an already assigned function on the wheel ? This would make the replays easier to control when wearing the VR headset.

Olijke Poffer
18-02-2018, 07:25
You also could use voice attack to switch between those camera spots alongside the track.

pa_pinkelman
19-02-2018, 13:49

I hope it stays this way. It is realy immersive. I just pick one spot and stay there watching during the whole race(replay) just as if I where at the real track. You can hear the cars in the distance and waiting in anticipation for them to pass by is great!
In between you can look shameless at the girl standing next to you..:rolleyes:

PostBox981
19-02-2018, 17:22
I hope it stays this way. It is realy immersive. I just pick one spot and stay there watching during the whole race(replay) just as if I where at the real track. You can hear the cars in the distance and waiting in anticipation for them to pass by is great!

But still it would be nice if the default line of vision was heading to the track instead the girlīs... ehm... face. :cool:

BigDad
20-02-2018, 01:16

There should be a random Girl flashing her ...........pearly whites :eek:

I was glad to see someone post about the +/- keys moving the camera to different locations , really fixed the whole blurring issue for me .
I quite enjoyed standing on top of the building at the last corner of Donnington , i'd select a bunch of random classes and do a few laps then jump on top of the building and just watch them and jump between the two last cameras on top of that building .
My only gripe would be that there aren't enough "sounds" because as a car gets a little far away its sound just stops and another replaces it instead of it getting softer or overpowered by the one closer by .
Pretty cool though . Did the sounds get improved in the last patch ? I'm really liking them .

PostBox981
20-02-2018, 08:04

I was glad to see someone post about the +/- keys moving the camera to different locations , really fixed the whole blurring issue for me .
I quite enjoyed standing on top of the building at the last corner of Donnington , i'd select a bunch of random classes and do a few laps then jump on top of the building and just watch them and jump between the two last cameras on top of that building .
My only gripe would be that there aren't enough "sounds" because as a car gets a little far away its sound just stops and another replaces it instead of it getting softer or overpowered by the one closer by .
Pretty cool though . Did the sounds get improved in the last patch ? I'm really liking them .

Really did it??? I am still waiting for it to be fixed. Seems like this is not for everybody with a Rift. Have been tinkering a lot with all kinds of graphics settings in the menus but the blurry replays never changed. Thereīs a few cams around the track that are looking okay though. Still wondering whether this is dependent to a setting on my side. :confused:

BrainsBush
20-02-2018, 08:45
I'm (almost) 100% sure that just after release in September the VR replays were less blurry then it is today. Could be all the changes I've made with optimizing the VR experience? May be I'll try a clean install...
As mentioned in other posts now the clearest replay image is around the car you've selected. Anything close and far distance is blurry. Is it the user or the software?

PostBox981
20-02-2018, 09:09
As you say it is clear around the car in a specific distance to the car. Everything else is blurry, apart from a few cameras. So if the car comes close to the camera (so within that distance) everything is sharp for that moment. If a cam is relatively far away it never sharpens up enough and I canīt even recognise which car it is. Not as intended, thatīs for sure. I will wait patiently no problem, just wondering whether itīs on my end.

Olijke Poffer
20-02-2018, 10:44
Yeah let’s hope this will be fixed in the near future.

BigDad
20-02-2018, 13:01
Really did it??? I am still waiting for it to be fixed. Seems like this is not for everybody with a Rift. Have been tinkering a lot with all kinds of graphics settings in the menus but the blurry replays never changed. Thereīs a few cams around the track that are looking okay though. Still wondering whether this is dependent to a setting on my side. :confused:

I mean by using the + and - keys in the numpad that the blur is gone , its still there if i leave pC2 to change camera but if i manually change then its just as clear as using the Rift is usually .

PostBox981
20-02-2018, 16:48
I mean by using the + and - keys in the numpad that the blur is gone , its still there if i leave pC2 to change camera but if i manually change then its just as clear as using the Rift is usually .

Now that you say it... :rolleyes: Could be the same here as well. Will check that next weekend. If so... what does that mean for the coding of replay?

pa_pinkelman
21-02-2018, 21:26

Maybe in the next patch? Would you ask Ian please? :D

PostBox981
22-02-2018, 16:51

You are perfectly right, I checked it today with an old Nürburgring GP replay. All camera views are fine when I manually go round the track. In automatic camera mode I am back to the blurry mess. Wondering why that is... :rolleyes: Only checked that one sample though.

Mike1304
10-03-2018, 12:55
Cool, will try it. But if this really works it sounds like it could as well be easily fixed with a small hot fix patch by the devs...(?).
I hope so because at the moment the replays are unusable for me in VR (and I only play in VR...).

I have some questions:

1) How do you VR guys use replays at the moment?
Do you save them and watch them afterwards on the monitor (without VR? Do you have to unplug your VR headset or change settings to non-VR in order to do so?)?

2) Not only the blurry mess is a problem for me but also self moving cameras (causing nausea for me) and the fact that the action is often far far away and I only see low-res “Mini-cars” in the distance... Do you have the same problems?

3) How can you get longer replays? I test something in free practice and when I want to watch replay it’s only a short clip....

Mike1304
12-03-2018, 17:08
Any answers, no?

PostBox981
12-03-2018, 17:55
Okay, answers (my personal preferences):
1) In instant replay I usually tab through the cams with + and -. Not always a pleasure as sometimes it is hard to find your own car. Concerning race analysis I prefer to save the replay and watch it on my screen.
2) Moving cams are not much of a problem for me. Preferring the static ones though (in VR).
3) AFAIK you canīt change the 2 mins for instant replay. Only chance for longer replays is saving after the race is completed. Or recording whatīs going on on your screen, but thatīs different from internal replays as you canīt change the perspective while playback - you record a video then.

Brainbug
12-03-2018, 18:05
Besides that it would be nice to see also ghosts in replay, right now ghosts are there but they do not move

and save offline race replays

Skylar_Schutz
04-12-2018, 10:42
This bug is very disappointing