PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G920 - Angles not right

BobTheDog
22-09-2017, 15:19
Hi Guys,

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have calibrated the wheel to full lock in both directions.

When I play the game though I have to turn the wheel a huge amount, say 360 degrees for what I would expect to use 45 degrees in a real car.

I can't see anyone else here having this problem, is there some trick I am missing?

Thanks for any help as I'm having to use the joystick to play at the moment!

Andy

BCFCBristolRed
22-09-2017, 15:20
What settings do you have your speed sensitivity at? I had the same problem it seems as you and I lowered my speed sensitivity to (I think) 30.

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 15:38
I have calibrated the wheel to full lock in both directions.

That's not how you do it.

Turn your wheel completely to one side (100), confirm, now turn it to 90į rotation. The value that's showing should now be 900 (or whatever steering degree your wheel aloows) or very close to it. Confirm again.

BobTheDog
22-09-2017, 15:44
Thanks guys, I was doing it wrong.

Unfortunately doing it right also doesn't work, turning it full lock and then 90 degrees gives me around 200 degrees. So I just keep turning the wheel till it reads 900 on the display and then accept that and it seems to work fine.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 15:45
No, you should turning it to Full Lock -> Then Back to Neutral (Middle) -> Next Step 90į Hold it and -> Next Step

BobTheDog
22-09-2017, 15:48
Ah ok, I will give that a go.

Thanks very much for the help, I'm a doddering old fool with a few beers inside him!

Methadone Man
22-09-2017, 18:21
In project cars 1, I would fiddle with the steering sensitivity to help this. Then I would not have to turn the wheel so far to get the car to properly turn.

I would then fiddle with the brake sensitivity so that I didn't have to push so hard on the brake to get full braking of the car. Because of that rubber bumper in the g920 brake peddle.

Set dead zones to zero and adjust the steering sensitivity. Not the speed sensitivity but the steering sensitivity.

Methadone Man
22-09-2017, 18:22
No, you should turning it to Full Lock -> Then Back to Neutral (Middle) -> Next Step 90į Hold it and -> Next Step

Really? I may need to calibrate doing this. I never turned it back to neutral after turning it all the way and turning it 90 degrees. I just left the wheel in those positions and hit A.

Ixoye56
22-09-2017, 20:13
Really? I may need to calibrate doing this. I never turned it back to neutral after turning it all the way and turning it 90 degrees. I just left the wheel in those positions and hit A.

You don't need to turned it back to neutral, turn it full 100 and press A, go back until it shows 900 and press A, done.

L4velle
22-09-2017, 20:18
On another topic with G920 has anyone had to alter the break deadzone? The Logitech brake pedal is notoriously stiff although it's almost a year worn in now.

BobTheDog
22-09-2017, 20:35
On another topic with G920 has anyone had to alter the break deadzone? The Logitech brake pedal is notoriously stiff although it's almost a year worn in now.

It is worth getting one of these: http://www.gteye.com.au/product/gteye-progressive-brake-spring-for-g25-g27 and removing the rubber block. Best thing I ever did.

MXR SMILER
24-09-2017, 02:47
The pedals are easily modified and several of my friends have used a conical mod to improve the feel with a 100 pc success rate. Personally I used a piece of high density foam from packaging, trimmed to size to replace the black rubber insert. It is an inexpensive option but depends on the type and density of the foam. You want something similar to stress ball material. The GTEye is very good and properly engineered so is the best option but for no money you can try the foam option .... Takes ten minutes to do with Allen keys and Philips screwdriver. Good luck 😊

HandyAndy1962
30-12-2017, 22:13
I know this is quite an old thread but I have the same problem even though Iíbe calibrated the wheel correctly. For some corners it seems to steer quite well but for sweeping bends such as the two left hand bends that end sector 2 & start sector 3 I find I have to cross my arms & take the corners really slow in order to stay on the track. Iím sure I should be able to take these corners much quicker. Iíve tried changing the steering ratio & different calibration settings but nothing seems to change how much I need to turn the wheel. I donít suffer with this problem in Forza 7, Assetto Corsa or F1 2015. Itís really frustrating when otherwise I really enjoy this game.

never enough
30-12-2017, 23:48
When I play the game though I have to turn the wheel a huge amount, say 360 degrees for what I would expect to use 45 degrees in a real car.

Andy

I have this problem when running a high amount of AI. In private testing though, the steering angles are 'normal'. Apparently the next patch will include improvements to the way the G920 behaves when the game is under heavy load.

Gav88888
31-12-2017, 06:33
It is worth getting one of these: http://www.gteye.com.au/product/gteye-progressive-brake-spring-for-g25-g27 and removing the rubber block. Best thing I ever did.

I removed the rubber block and replaced it with a small 1” block of packing foam, the blue thick stuff. Works great and gives some progression at the end of the travel.

Mowzer
31-12-2017, 10:37
You don't need to turned it back to neutral, turn it full 100 and press A, go back until it shows 900 and press A, done.

Thats how i set my G920 up seems to work just fine.

Mowzer
31-12-2017, 10:39

I did my brake pedal last year with the GTeye spring mod what a difference it makes:).

Zaskarspants
31-12-2017, 10:50
Regarding the logitech pedal mod. I much prefer the std stiff setup as it feels more like a brake pedal irl and if you adjust d zone and saturation carefully works very well.

CraigO
31-12-2017, 15:55
I did my brake pedal last year with the GTeye spring mod what a difference it makes:).

I've got a quick question for you on this spring mod. Reading about the brake spring on GTeye's site, it seems like it's making the pedal stiffer. Is that right? Because the problem I have with my G920 pedals is that the brake pedal gets way too stiff to depress fully. So I've always accommodated for that with the in-game setup, reducing how much of the pedal travel is needed to hit 100% of braking force. If I left it set up normally, I'd be pushing my chair backwards on the carpet each time I hit the brakes because the pedal is so stiff. I've had my G920 for more than a year now, and I'm wondering if I should spring for the springs(!) or just keep it as-is. Thanks Mowzer!

Mowzer
31-12-2017, 16:05
I've got a quick question for you on this spring mod. Reading about the brake spring on GTeye's site, it seems like it's making the pedal stiffer. Is that right? Because the problem I have with my G920 pedals is that the brake pedal gets way too stiff to depress fully. So I've always accommodated for that with the in-game setup, reducing how much of the pedal travel is needed to hit 100% of braking force. If I left it set up normally, I'd be pushing my chair backwards on the carpet each time I hit the brakes because the pedal is so stiff. I've had my G920 for more than a year now, and I'm wondering if I should spring for the springs(!) or just keep it as-is. Thanks Mowzer!

Hi mate yeah the GTeye spring upgrade dose kind of make the pedal stiffer but only at the last bit of pedal travel if you know what i mean? I removed the original rubber stop tobajd just now use the GTeye progressive spring upgrade i feel that the feedback and feeling is much from the brake pedal is much better now :).

Zaskarspants
31-12-2017, 16:14
When I first got my pedals I could only depress them to 90 but after a year they go to 100. This is no issue when you carefully adjust dead zone and saturation as you should do.

I swapped my clutch and accelerator spring to give my accelerator pedal a heavier feel.

Mowzer
31-12-2017, 16:24
When I first got my pedals I could only depress them to 90 but after a year they go to 100. This is no issue when you carefully adjust dead zone and saturation as you should do.

I swapped my clutch and accelerator spring to give my accelerator pedal a heavier feel.

I did a similar thing i put the original brake spring in the clutch and then the original clutch spring in the throttle pedal to improve the feeling :cool:.

chieflongshin
31-12-2017, 16:58

When you calibrate your pedals only press the brake one down about 60-80% of the way. It will mean you then dont need to dig a hole in the floor with your toenails to get a decent braking pressure.

CraigO
31-12-2017, 17:04
@ Mowzer

Ok, thanks for the info!

Mowzer
31-12-2017, 17:22
No problem fella :welcoming:.

Gysepy
31-12-2017, 18:57

I also have the GTeye mod for all 3 pedals. The break pedal becomes stiffer the more you press it but not like the original pedals with the rubber block, its more gradual juts like a real break pedal. The first thing i did when i god the G920 was to take out that Block and it made a difference, but i was getting caught on on F1 2017 where i would lock the fronts pushing the pedal to about 95%. After i installed the mods it made a huge difference. I would go with it if you have the spare cash to purchase them, Im in Ireland and i had them in 3 working days form Order.

CraigO
01-01-2018, 00:48
Thanks Gysepy. The stock brake pedal (as you know) moves fairly easily, to a point. Then it's a wall. Part of my issue is that I don't have a rig with seat and pedals and wheel all attached to each other. So if I have to really mash the brake pedal my chair ends up sliding backwards on the carpet. Still, I may do the spring mods in the future. I just purchased a buttkicker and I'm getting used to that! It's great!