PDA

View Full Version : Extreme lag on PS4 Pro

Patrickb1973
22-09-2017, 15:52
There is extreme lag on PS4 Pro, when qualifying and racing it freezes a lot only to transporr your car ahead shortly after, very very bad. Needs a fix big time

Patrickb1973
22-09-2017, 16:02
Mostly happens during qualifying btw

Wheel-user
22-09-2017, 19:15
I'm using a PS4 Pro and on Bathurst the screen keeps flickering on qualifying it's if putting when it's happening when you go round a corner

CinkCobra
22-09-2017, 22:25
I had this issue in qualifying on red bull ring as well.

Holblood
23-09-2017, 00:07
Lag is unreal! Every lobby has it.

Ian Bell
23-09-2017, 02:15
Servers are being absolutely hammered at the minute with users. It will improve hourly.

We're also seeing a join in progress (during qualifying) lag issue which we've bugged internally and will patch ASAP. We didn't get it in late testing so it's something that was introduced last minute.

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 19:44
This lag problem really needs a fix fast, tried doing the BMW brand event 1 at Oschersleben GP with the BMW M3 GT4 and my god if freezes up every single turn and then 2 things can happen when it continues either you come to a complete standstill because you dont know how lkng to brake or you end up in the wall because of the gas. Seriously this is bad. It makes me wonder who tested this game on PS4 because that person needs to find another job man. So many bugs not even funny anymore. They should let a group of people beta test before releasing a game in this state. I even offered to beta test a year ago but never got a response but anyway i hope a fix will be coming soon because it gets unplayable

mass control
24-09-2017, 09:15
The menu is laggy as well going in to and out of modes.

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 16:20
It came to a point now where i had to stop playing career mode, i am doing the Porsche Cayman International Cup and have to qualify at Zolder but it keeps freezing so badly that qualifying is impossible. I seriously hope all these freezing problems are gonna get fixed fast because i dont like when games are gathering dust because they are unplayable and right now this is unplayable.

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 16:51
Just had a solution, TIP for anyone with lag. Try doing a restore database on your PS4, it worked for me as i now have no LAG and no Freezes on the qualify i tried earlier.

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 16:56
Just had a solution, TIP for anyone with lag. Try doing a restore database on your PS4, it worked for me as i now have no LAG and no Freezes on the qualify i tried earlier.

Well went into the race itself and i have a little bit of lag and freezes again, now this is all offline in career mode so we still need a decent fix for this. Lot less after the database reconstructing though

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 17:08
Nevermind previous solution, went into my next qualify and lag is extremely bad again so fix didnt really do that much the game unfortunatly. This really needs fixing guys it is bad really bad.

Edit: just did the race and it was even worse, drive 2 feet freeze, drive 2 feet freeze and so on. Come on guys it makes the game unplayable like this. Even my trophy which by a miracle i still won freezes when its showing and then after the entire game froze up and had to do a hard restart of the game.

And gues what had to do the entire race over again, its pissing me off

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 17:10
And if you rebuild the database again, does it solve the lagging temporarily again? Just to find out in what direction the solution may have to be sought.

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 19:04
Did some further testing, DO not goto the PS4 desktop and then back to the running game it causes lag and freezes also turn off PS4 ingame popups / notifications such as PS4 Trophys alerts or when friends come online etc. Because with it on the game sees it as if you went to the PS4 desktop and the game really doesnt like it. All these things causes lag and freezes in the game by extreme measures even.

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 20:34
Did some further testing, DO not goto the PS4 desktop and then back to the running game it causes lag and freezes also turn off PS4 ingame popups / notifications such as PS4 Trophys alerts or when friends come online etc. Because with it on the game sees it as if you went to the PS4 desktop and the game really doesnt like it. All these things causes lag and freezes in the game by extreme measures even.

I have encountered zero lag after that, absolutly zero lags or freezez

xtro
24-09-2017, 21:14
There is insane lag in the menus.. up to the point where it becomes completely unresponsive and all this is due to Network issues -- too many things getting saved all the time and too many people connected ... if you are not playing MP disconnect your console from the internet and experience instant menu smoothness

porkovich
24-09-2017, 21:17
Somehow it sounds like a memory leak, with time the problem becomes worse or ?

xtro
24-09-2017, 22:15
Somehow it sounds like a memory leak, with time the problem becomes worse or ?

yes sort of... it gets worse and worse then the menu gets almost completely stuck for 15-30s then it resets itself

Patrickb1973
27-09-2017, 02:43
Been racing for 3 days straight with absolutly zero lag after i turned off all notifications on the PS4 just also make sure not to press the PS4 home button so you dont go to the desktop and then back to the game. The game has a serious memory leak that kicks in when either going to the PS4 desktop / homescreen and then back to the game or when popups such as for Trophys popup. For now this is the only workaround for a lagfree game. I been able to enjoy career mode without problems except for the terrible driving controls which has a whole lot of different reasons such as car setups that automaticly get saved for every single car even though you apply it for just that car or settings that are not aligned in every mode as example for that doing a test drive in the test mode a car will handle completely different then driving the same car in the same conditions with the same setup in career mode and so on. These things should have been properly tested before launch but from my understanding the developers had the PS4 version outsourced to a different company and they did not properly test it before release nor do they have a dedicated testing team for the PS4 and Xbox One versions, which might not be a bad idea for them to do in the future. As a retired game developer myself i always considered proper testing in multiple conditions a requirement before a release of a game, now dont get me wrong a game can never be 100% bug and glitch free specially not at launch but a lot of these problems could have easily be detected if a proper test was done.