PDA

View Full Version : Bug/Performance Issue: Extreme frame-rate drops when players join multiplayer session

CodeCmdr
22-09-2017, 15:58
I'm playing with a PS4 Pro and in multiplayer games I get extreme frame-rate drops whenever someone joins the game. This always happens in practice and qualifying sessions when a driver joins. Maybe it also happens when spectators join, and meaning it can also occur in race sessions, but I'm not absolutely sure about that, though. There's definitely a 100% correlation between these frame-rate drops and new players names appearing in the leader-board HUD during practice and qualifying.

When these extreme frame-rate drops happens during a bunch of complex corners, I have to go off the throttle and reduce my speed a lot to prevent crashing. It's very annoying! :mad: If I'm going through a long, single corner, it's not so bad, because the steering input luckily isn't affected and I can just hold my wheel in position and hope the frame-rate will be back to normal when I exit the corner.

Exoil
22-09-2017, 17:09
I'm playing with a PS4 Pro and in multiplayer games I get extreme frame-rate drops whenever someone joins the game. This always happens in practice and qualifying sessions when a driver joins. Maybe it also happens when spectators join, and meaning it can also occur in race sessions, but I'm not absolutely sure about that, though. There's definitely a 100% correlation between these frame-rate drops and new players names appearing in the leader-board HUD during practice and qualifying.

When these extreme frame-rate drops happens during a bunch of complex corners, I have to go off the throttle and reduce my speed a lot to prevent crashing. It's very annoying! :mad: If I'm going through a long, single corner, it's not so bad, because the steering input luckily isn't affected and I can just hold my wheel in position and hope the frame-rate will be back to normal when I exit the corner.

Man, I thought this annoying thing was going to get fixed in 2..

Dev Nibor
23-09-2017, 08:26
Confirmed, I have the same problem. It's even worse than it was in PC1.

blairmann99
25-09-2017, 18:34
I have the same problem on ps4. It is a joke because in a developer stream they said they had fixed this from PC1 but for me it is 10 times worse near unplayable at points. It is so hard to do a good lap because of it.

ATSS
25-09-2017, 20:05
Same here. (PC)

NexusG
25-09-2017, 20:37
Similar issue here ... on the Xbox One ... screen occasionally freezes whilst the game continues in the background. Had it one time on the start line. Screen froze and half of the field crashed into me from behind ... ruined more than just my game. Only seems to affect MP. Single player game remains quite solid.

JimmyBeez
28-09-2017, 14:36
Confirmed, I have the same problem. It's even worse than it was in PC1.

As hard as that is to believe, it is definately worse this time round. Constant lag during qualifying AND now during the race as people either leave or join. A group of us were racing last night at Catalunya and I experienced the worst ever case of it, so bad the screen actually froze for about a second which led to a huge accident involving the top cars who had all been running close together - race ruined. As has been mentioned previously this was meant to have been sorted for the new game.
We all know of the many annoying fairly minor bugs in the game, but this for me is by far the worst aspect of the new game and needs addressing yesterday. Has anyone heard from devs or anyone associated with the game about why this is happening/worse than the last game?

Stache
01-10-2017, 20:22
yup i know the feeling ,trying to do a hot qualifying lap and then going of in the last corner because someone joins the session, also i feel i'm getting punished in the races for lag issues; racing people with horrible connections who mess up the start and cause collosions ......................not a happy customer atm......:mad: