PDA

View Full Version : Jack Spade Custom FFB Files

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jack Spade
22-09-2017, 16:18
In pCARS 2 individual car tweaker files are no more, so these are global files, one for all cars. The files contain certain wheel specifics
like deadzone removal and anti drag and should be set accordingly to type of wheel.

How to use?
1. Unpack/copy all files into "My Documents/Project CARS 2" folder.
2. Delete the SMS default "ffb_custom_settings" file. (Note, the game automatically creates a new file if none is detected at game start)
3. Activate - relable your selected one to "ffb_custom_settings".
4. Start the game and select Custom on the FFB flavor menu.

This posting contents 24 different custom files which are based on RAW at 2 stages of game/FFB development.

Standard files - with artificial (canned) road noise, moderate bumps/kerbs/grass response (severely more than the SMS 4 custom preset)
Alternative files - no artificial road noise, more bumps/kerbs/grass response

An important feature of these files are the Compressor settings and the old PC1 Relative Gain stuff, which better balances the forces
at all turning angles and driving scenarios and to a certain extent the different types of cars. FFB basically is free of clipping.
In PC2 now the compressor works just like the ones in the audio world, severely improves the old Soft Clip.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Files V2.1.3 update Notes:

1. Vol & Tone list only - DLC Ferrari Essentials Pack added.

Custom Files V2.1.2 update Notes:

1. Vol & Tone balance list only - Spirit of Le Mans Pack added.

Custom Files V2.1.1 update Notes:

1. Vol & Tone balance list only - Ferrari 488 Challenge added.

Custom Files V2.1 update Notes:

1. All Standard and Tire Files - better/cleaner tire scrub effect. Thanks to skoader for discovering an issue in the code.

2. Vol & Tone Balance List - Porsche Legends DLC added and small corrections on various cars.

Anti Jolt 2 and Scoop disabled, delete this # in front of corresponding lines to enable. Scoop and Deadzone Removal require
appropriate values for your type of wheel.

Custom Files V2.0 update Notes:

1. Tone (Mz/Fy) and Volume balance - a list of all cars (Notepad++ text file). Improves feel for over/understeer,
eliminates inconsistencies, steering feels more direct and precise, all cars in the same ballpark.

2. New set of Custom files - forces directly sampled from the Tires as in PC1, similar to Standard files but
slightly different feel, slightly reduced compression.

3. Additional set of Custom files extended with SopDifferential - only to use with corresponding Volume & Tone
balance, purpose to suppress out of phase issues.
Improves point #1, fixes issues on many cars that seem odd or even broken...Lamborghini anybody? Detailed info
text about it inside the zip file.
Especially many thanks to "skoader", known for his FCM 1.2 tool, for making the additional code work.

The Files V2.1.3:

Traditional Files:
1. standard low comp
2. standard low comp DD
3. standard mid comp
4. standard high comp
5. alternative low comp
6. alternative low comp DD
7. alternative mid comp
8. alternative high comp
9. tire low comp
10. tire low comp DD
11. tire mid comp
12. tire high comp

SopDifferential Files:
13. - 24. As above + SopDiff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggested FFB setting: Gain 100, FX 50 ( FX to taste, lower with alternative file), Volume & Tone balance list.

FFB is directly derived from physics, thereīs no special feature to emphasize over or understeer.
Tone - more or less balances Mz/Fy and generally should stay at default 50.
FX - controls the level of bumps, kerbs, grass, scrub and road noise, level to taste.
Gain - always at 100, use Volume to adjust the global FFB level to taste.

Checking different files requires restart of the game each time an other file is activated or/and edited, session restart is not enough.

Reference - use the Porsche 911 GT3 or McLaren 650S GT3 at Oulton Park and Fuji, these are laser scanned tracks and have the natural road texture and
normaly donīt require the artificial road noise effect of the standard files.
Silverstone and Imola are non laser scanned tracks and are pretty flat and boring maybe, ideal to check what the road noise files do.

Note, with the suggested global settings and in combo with the custom files FFB is severely stronger than with any of the SMS flavors, the alternative
files tend to cause oscillation, so always keep your hands on the wheel.

Also note, I decided to disable the "Anti Jolt" feature, due to the degrading side effect it has on the vast majority of cars that are not affected
by the issue anyway, to enable delete this "#" in the corresponding lines.

IlIlSHADOWlIlI
22-09-2017, 16:45
standard mid comp with tx felt amazing, SMS needs to hire you.

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 16:46
Stickied

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 16:46
Thanks for your consistent support Jack!. Stickied :)

EDIT: Ninjaed??

RomKnight
22-09-2017, 16:49
shared on other forums as well :)

Tony Rickard
22-09-2017, 16:56
I tried these with my OSW and tried the alt ones which feel great. I turned tone up a bit to 70 and reduced FX to 0 as it was plenty bumpy enough!

I found the feedback a bit weak especially the SAT with the default setup, this really brings it alive.

Thank you!

4dri3l
22-09-2017, 17:13
Nice!

amazed
22-09-2017, 17:21
Jack's back!

Now all we need is OscarOlim's wonderful website....

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 17:23
Jack's back!

Sorry mate but this time around custom FFB files/settings are PC only.

amazed
22-09-2017, 18:47
Sorry mate but this time around custom FFB files/settings are PC only.

:confusion::blue:

bmanic
22-09-2017, 18:59
Frankly, the RAW ffb setting is hard to beat in my opinion. Been tweaking the FFB a lot during development and almost always returned to what the RAW preset offers or something that is very close to it.

Anyhow, I hope custom FFB files can be implemented for the consoles as well.

poirqc
22-09-2017, 19:15
Frankly, the RAW ffb setting is hard to beat in my opinion. Been tweaking the FFB a lot during development and almost always returned to what the RAW preset offers or something that is very close to it.

Anyhow, I hope custom FFB files can be implemented for the consoles as well.

How do you run your RAW?

Thanks,

ShimonART
22-09-2017, 19:24
g27\logitech wheels owners, what setting do you recommend for overall good ffb for all types of cars.

oscarolim
22-09-2017, 19:44
Jack's back!

Unless something changes in the game, unfortunately we won't be able to change things on console.
But if that changes, so will my stance ;)

bmanic
22-09-2017, 19:53
How do you run your RAW?

Thanks,

Exactly as it is by default, except VOLUME which I tweak per car.

I think so many people are looking for FFB to "fix" their driving or the car setup.. in my opinion the RAW unfiltered output is showing very well what the car is doing. So if it feels "weird" I actually go into the car setup and change it until it doesn't feel weird. Magically this usually results in me getting better laptimes as well.

It is beneficial on cheaper wheels though to have some compression so this is where the custom files can help.. and if you are used to the way pCars 1 felt, then the custom files can get you closer to that (but never identical as majority of the "feel" comes from the updated physics).

biancazzurro
22-09-2017, 20:07
I use the OSW as well. We have the issue of no bumpstop working sometimes with the new firmware. In the ffb text file there are some instructions about bumpstop but I do not know how to manage them to work.
Could someone help me please.

konnos
22-09-2017, 20:12
I agree with you bmanic. Although I only tried a handful of cars, I have to say that Raw was the better feeling, probably because I didn't like what RaG was doing, giving out noise a bit too much. I tried both the "mid comp" files. I like the more constant weight that Raw provides. I do the same thing as you said, just map two buttons for increase and decrease volume and give it a couple of clicks if something feels too weak or strong. Works great so far.

My T300 (profile at 75%) settings are Raw / Volume 42-45 / Tone 50 / Fx 35 without too much testing. My only complaint is that the centre is a little loose, nothing major though, but if that was tighter it would feel even better. Prefectly drivable though.

SwiftyOne
22-09-2017, 21:53
Awesomely Amazin!! Nice one Jack....Thank you! ;)

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 00:10
I agree with you bmanic. Although I only tried a handful of cars, I have to say that Raw was the better feeling, probably because I didn't like what RaG was doing, giving out noise a bit too much. I tried both the "mid comp" files. I like the more constant weight that Raw provides. I do the same thing as you said, just map two buttons for increase and decrease volume and give it a couple of clicks if something feels too weak or strong. Works great so far.

My T300 (profile at 75%) settings are Raw / Volume 42-45 / Tone 50 / Fx 35 without too much testing. My only complaint is that the centre is a little loose, nothing major though, but if that was tighter it would feel even better. Prefectly drivable though.

Some of us agreed on this at WMD2!

Andrew_WOT
23-09-2017, 00:20
Which comp is for OSW, high, low?
Thx

F1_Racer68
23-09-2017, 00:24
Using RAW on my CSW v2.5 and LOVING IT!!

Totoal agree with bmanic. It's the way to go. No extra tweakign needed outside of the game. Just play with the volume/tone/etc. and you will find something amazing. Just don't go to strong.... you'll lose all the low end details. Very strong settings drown out the little stuff.

isamu
23-09-2017, 00:24
Thank you very much Jack Spade, this is very much appreciated. Don't have the game yet, but will utilize these settings when I do.

sherpa25
23-09-2017, 03:08

Sorry, to clarify, you mean 'rename'?

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 04:13
Probably since that's the name of the (one ffb) file you'll find inside /my docs/pc2 folder and it's the one you'll substitute

Andrew_WOT
23-09-2017, 04:30
Thx

Lower compression means more dynamic range, correct?

Jack, you are saving everyone again. Thanks for your work, feels really good on OSW, which otherwise was quite anemic, now need to lower volume to 35.

Nestoche
23-09-2017, 05:44
I also have the TM TX wheel and your right, the standard mid comp are excellent! Thanks for letting us know how great they work with the TX wheel! What a difference!..With the out of the box setup I couldn't feel anything. Also, your right, they should hire Jack Spade to do their force feedback in game. Thanks Jack, I very much appreciate the work you did for us to enjoy the game!

standard mid comp with tx felt amazing, SMS needs to hire you.

Coanda
23-09-2017, 05:52
Thank you very much. I was using RAW however I enjoy your Alt Low with FX @ 0. If I may, two things i would like to alter for myself.

1. Slightly tone down the kerb ripples
2. Add in a very very small amount of shock on rear tyre slip. I can slip above 5 deg, power slide or even doughnuts and feel nothing.

Can you provide some guidance for altering the txt file?

Chad711
23-09-2017, 05:52
Hello,

What is the main difference between the standard and alternative? I just got done trying the stan mid one with my CSW v2.5 base. I liked how it picked up the curbs..it was like a 200% improvement from Raw. However my wheel was vibrating the whole on Fuji in the GT3. I'm about to try the lo next.

PaulSmithAU
23-09-2017, 06:23
Can confirm awesomeness! Thanks!!!

Kebabfelix
23-09-2017, 07:15
Never played PC1 but heard about this Jack guy a lot.

Problem is I don't really know so much about these FFB files, so can anyone tell me what I should use.

Mid or low comp? I suppose that's the quality of my wheel? I have a G29 so guessing it's mid or low.

Coanda
23-09-2017, 07:19

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 07:56
Never played PC1 but heard about this Jack guy a lot.

Problem is I don't really know so much about these FFB files, so can anyone tell me what I should use.

Mid or low comp? I suppose that's the quality of my wheel? I have a G29 so guessing it's mid or low.

Try the mid comp first, this should work for most of the wheels.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 08:00
Thx

Low first, mid could be an option.

Coolerking
23-09-2017, 08:24
I’m using mid standard with my G920. Is that what you’d recommend Jack? I’m liking it better than RAW, can feel much more, but I’m no expert at all so any further guidance would be appreciated.
By the way, a big thank you to Jack from me too for taking the time to do this. Cheers mate...

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 08:25
Hello,

What is the main difference between the standard and alternative? I just got done trying the stan mid one with my CSW v2.5 base. I liked how it picked up the curbs..it was like a 200% improvement from Raw. However my wheel was vibrating the whole on Fuji in the GT3. I'm about to try the lo next.

Regarding this I think the OP is pretty clear.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 08:29
I’m using mid standard with my G920. Is that what you’d recommend Jack? I’m liking it better than RAW, can feel much more, but I’m no expert at all so any further guidance would be appreciated.
By the way, a big thank you to Jack from me too for taking the time to do this. Cheers mate...

Yes, this one will probably work for many wheels.

unknwn
23-09-2017, 08:35
@Jack Spade
Please could you tell how to adjust minimum force and linearity of FFB in pcars2 (previously scoop knee/reduction)?
I havent got time for deep dive in to pcars2 ffb settings yet...

Also, any idea is the "immersive" stock FFB profile broken? There is a horrible FFB deadzone around the center. Or this is "as designed"?

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 08:42
@Jack Spade
Please could you tell how to adjust minimum force and linearity of FFB in pcars2 (previously scoop knee/reduction)?

Minimum Force = Deadzone Removal or Tighten Center is part of the files. Thereīs no more Scoop in this game.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 08:52
@Jack Spade

Also, any idea is the "immersive" stock FFB profile broken? There is a horrible FFB deadzone around the center. Or this is "as designed"?

Not broken, but thatīs the way it is.

Diablo_rf
23-09-2017, 09:21
Guys can you advice me which one I should use with an T500RS??

SlowBloke
23-09-2017, 11:00
@Jack Spade - Awesome stuff again - got rid of the dampening / wooly feeling - thank you!! :):)

tennenbaum
23-09-2017, 11:21
bmaniac, can you share your settings? i'd highly appreciate.

Shooter80
23-09-2017, 11:25
I read through the thread, and still not 100% sure. What is the definitions of low/mid/high in this context?

I'm thinking its like 'overall strength level', so people with a strong wheel wouldn't want to use high in case it ripped their hands off? That right?
(originally I had assumed it related to the 'quality' of the wheel, so if you have a crap wheel, pick low, but now it seems the other way round)

Thanks for the time you spent creating and releasing these Jack.

AitchPattern
23-09-2017, 11:38
I read through the thread, and still not 100% sure. What is the definitions of low/mid/high in this context?

I'm thinking its like 'overall strength level', so people with a strong wheel wouldn't want to use high in case it ripped their hands off? That right?
(originally I had assumed it related to the 'quality' of the wheel, so if you have a crap wheel, pick low, but now it seems the other way round)

It seems to me (as I'm not entirely clear about this either)
That this is essentially working like dynamic range on an AVR.

It appears to me (after some testing) that the low setting has the largest dynamic range, lots of light bumps and some heavy turns etc when under load and a large range in between them.

The "higher" you go (low/med/high) the "louder" the lower range bumps etc become, which in turn "reduces" dynamic range.

It's basically functioning like DRC on an amplifier (imo)

Low - Largest Dynamic Range (biggest difference between light and heavy forces)

Med - Medium Dynamic Range (lower forces slightly increased, less difference between light and heavy forces)

High - Smallest Dynamic Range (lower forces increased further but they are now much closer/similar in output to that of the higher forces, so the difference between the 2 is lessened)

It seems like the dynamic range is less in the medium setting (than it is in the low setting) and therefore, little bumps feel slightly bigger) but there is less difference between the lightest and strongest bumps etc e.g. less dynamic range.

However with "med" you "feel" more like your in a vehicle actually feeling the bumps etc in the road.

High is to much for me as everything just feels the same, it just feels very strong all the time for me.

Medium actually feels very nice on a CSW V2.5

It gives a nice strong bumpy road feel, lots of heavy turns and twists and gives me that feeling of driving a big heavy car. I also set my fastest lap using medium as I was able to anticipate (not necessarily "feel") where the limit of the car was a little better.

In all fairness the FFB in pcars 2 is still years behind iRacing and AC etc but it's manageable with some tweaking. I just wish they could give more actual feeling to what the front tyres are actually doing as it's essentially almost all entirely guess work on the users behalf at the moment.

If thats wrong Jack will clear it up, but that's certainly how it "appears" to me after testing them.

konnos
23-09-2017, 11:58
Hm after driving more cars I am quite liking your files Jack. Especially on high downforce cars. They are not necessary like in PCARS1 but they spice up the experience. Nice work once again.

konnos
23-09-2017, 12:02
In all fairness the FFB in pcars 2 is still years behind iRacing and AC etc but it's manageable with some tweaking. I just wish they could give more actual feeling to what the front tyres are actually doing as it's essentially almost all entirely guess work on the users behalf at the moment.

I highly disagree. Maybe that was so for PCARS1. Now I prefer PCARS2 for sure. Yes AC does some things better, a bit more hardcore, I don't know if that s a good thing or not regarding realism, but now the car is much more alive. If you want to compare, some cars are a little better in AC, but the overall experience is not, for me. And certainly not years behind in any case, but ffb is all about preference, so I won't go any further.

h3ll.driver
23-09-2017, 12:09
I highly disagree. Maybe that was so for PCARS1. Now I prefer PCARS2 for sure. Yes AC does some things better, a bit more hardcore, I don't know if that s a good thing or not regarding realism, but now the car is much more alive. If you want to compare, some cars are a little better in AC, but the overall experience is not, for me. And certainly not years behind in any case, but ffb is all about preference, so I won't go any further.

Why do always guys with low level equipment write stuff like this?!? I don't get it. Get a decent wheel and you will see which FFB is quite good. And PC2 it's not. The FFB is ok with the files Jack provided in this thread, but it's not nearly as good as iracing provides nor AC. As in PC1 SMS did a bad job on the FFB baseline. You can setup some cars that feel ok and other are awfull as hell.

piotr.kustal
23-09-2017, 12:14
Customs made by Jack feel a lot better than both Raw and Informative flavours IMHO. Still AC feels better by default + ffbclip monitoring app which adopts gain on the fly.

Tony Rickard
23-09-2017, 12:20

Why do always guys with low level equipment write stuff like this?!? I don't get it. Get a decent wheel and you will see which FFB is quite good. And PC2 it's not. The FFB is ok with the files Jack provided in this thread, but it's not nearly as good as iracing provides nor AC. As in PC1 SMS did a bad job on the FFB baseline. You can setup some cars that feel ok and other are awfull as hell.I have an OSW and I prefer Project CARS 2 & iRacing to AC. I wouldn't say AC is years behind or anything like that, simply I prefer the feel of the others. The odd thing is I really liked AC with a G29 over the others as it felt more alive. Getting the OSW was a revelation in iRacing and PC2, less so with AC.

I wouldn't argue there isn't good and poor FFB, something like WRC7 would probably be universally declared as poor. However, when you get dialled into a sim, get the FFB working as you like it then I do think preference plays a massive role.

konnos
23-09-2017, 12:22
Well would a disclaimer make you happy then? Of course I am talking from the experience with my hardware. I am not talking about every wheel possible. Some games are better with DD than others obviously.

Stu In Blackpool
23-09-2017, 12:30
Hi Guys,
Could someone please interject with what the T500RS Control panel PC settings should be to benefit from these files?

Mine are at default now, but i see many people turn off the Spring and Damper settings?

Stu In Blackpool
23-09-2017, 12:50
Having continued to search, I have come across this video and at 8minutes it seems that SMS also advise the Spring and Damper settings are set to zero too.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51351-Force-feedback-explained-Configuration-settings-for-all-cars-and-tips

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 12:57

Actually Iīm an audio guy, indeed compressors in general reduce the dynamics but on the other side they are used as an effect to give it more punch, modern pop/rock music without it
is unthinkable, in this game itīs a bit of both. In PC1 we had the individual car tweaker files and I was able to adjust each car plus some global wheel specific stuff which we donīt have
anymore, so special global treatment wasnīt really necessary. Now here itīs a different situation, everything has to be done globally for each car and wheel type and the better compressor
is a great to tool dealing with all of that. How much effect one prefers could depend on personal taste and type of wheel... why not using hi comp with a DD wheel?

konnos
23-09-2017, 13:07
So, to get this straight. Do we manually need to edit the txt and enter our deadzone removal and falloff? So it would be (tighten output 0.08 0.02) if i wanted 8% deadzone removal and the other the falloff?

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 13:08
Having continued to search, I have come across this video and at 8minutes it seems that SMS also advise the Spring and Damper settings are set to zero too.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51351-Force-feedback-explained-Configuration-settings-for-all-cars-and-tips

AFAIK this stuff only is used when youīre on the menu, so the wheel returns to center, in modern games on track none of it is used.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 13:09
So, to get this straight. Do we manually need to edit the txt and enter our deadzone removal and falloff? So it would be (tighten output 0.08 0.02) if i wanted 8% deadzone removal and the other the falloff?

Correct

Shooter80
23-09-2017, 13:10
Thanks for the explination, seems to tie in with what AitchPattern (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files&p=1360154&viewfull=1#post1360154) said. And makes good sense.

I've went with Standard Low, and I have to say, I'm astonished how much I like it. Coming from >1000 hours in AC (and running that with 0 on all the 'Effects'), to using your 'Standard Low Comp' with 100/50/50/0 makes it feel instantly familiar. I'm just going to leave it exactly like this forever, and learn the cars/setups.

Thanks, much appreciated.

TommyFresh
23-09-2017, 13:15
Medium worked great for me. Thanks :)

tennenbaum
23-09-2017, 14:08
Jack, thank you so much!

With the pCars2 default ffb settings i was pretty disappointed. Thanks to your files i got back - at least to a point, but unfortunately not fully - the ffb feel that was so great with pCars1, and was on par or better with/than AC.

Though looking at the ffb_setting file i got the impression that we still have access to all (?!) the parameters as in pCars1. Problem is, for 'normal' people accessing the setting file and figuring out their "old" pCars1 settings is close to impossible, due to the nature of the file.

Do you think there is any chance that someone might come up with an editor app allowing us to fine tune the ffb as it was possible in pCars2?

Please keep going on to do your great work on pCars2. (Frankly i wonder why the devs with all their pro driver consultants rather made a step back in terms of ffb quality than at least keeping it where you and others were already with pCars1?)

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 14:28
Jack, thank you so much!

With the pCars2 default ffb settings i was pretty disappointed. Thanks to your files i got back - at least to a point, but unfortunately not fully - the ffb feel that was so great with pCars1, and was on par or better with/than AC.

Though looking at the ffb_setting file i got the impression that we still have access to all (?!) the parameters as in pCars1. Problem is, for 'normal' people accessing the setting file and figuring out their "old" pCars1 settings is close to impossible, due to the nature of the file.

Do you think there is any chance that someone might come up with an editor app allowing us to fine tune the ffb as it was possible in pCars2?

Please keep going on to do your great work on pCars2. (Frankly i wonder why the devs with all their pro driver consultants rather made a step back in terms of ffb quality than at least keeping it where you and others were already with pCars1?)

It was intended to keep it simple for the casual gamer, so certain PC1 features are no more. Iīm not one of those computer nerds who seem to write code all day long, but I do know
this system is capable of many things that could come in. tennenbaum, Iīm a music and audio guy and for the most part can setup and handle such equipment, upgrading this FFB system
stuff is not what I could do.

quadrophenia
23-09-2017, 14:29
i have tried both standard and alternative and they are both better than raw but there is to much roadnoise. on knockhill for example its shaking like hell on the straights. is there any way to make the roadnoise less but still keep the same strenght for curbs, gravel and grass?

Andrew_WOT
23-09-2017, 14:31
Actually Iīm an audio guy, indeed compressors in general reduce the dynamics but on the other side they are used as an effect to give it more punch, modern pop/rock music without it
is unthinkable, in this game itīs a bit of both. In PC1 we had the individual car tweaker files and I was able to adjust each car plus some global wheel specific stuff which we donīt have
anymore, so special global treatment wasnīt really necessary. Now here itīs a different situation, everything has to be done globally for each car and wheel type and the better compressor
is a great to tool dealing with all of that. How much effect one prefers could depend on personal taste and type of wheel... why not using hi comp with a DD wheel?

That's a real shame as gain is all over the place on different cars, has to jump to global Volume to adjust. Any plans from SMS to add them back (individual car gain (volume, whatever))?

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 14:37
Generally good and better than game default RAW, but the wheel oscillated quite heavy (I think because the under the hood CSW v2.5 fine tuning is not possible with this custom file?!).

Also Anti-Jolt is a MUST. Without Anti-Jolt cars like the 911 GT3 R or the Lambo GT3 are jolting very bad..

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 14:43
i have tried both standard and alternative and they are both better than raw but there is to much roadnoise. on knockhill for example its shaking like hell on the straights. is there any way to make the roadnoise less but still keep the same strenght for curbs, gravel and grass?

Knockhill by the way is the bumpiest track of them all, laser scanned as well, FX is the only way to tame it down I`m afraid.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 14:49
Generally good and better than game default RAW, but the wheel oscillated quite heavy (I think because the under the hood CSW v2.5 fine tuning is not possible with this custom file?!).

Also Anti-Jolt is a MUST. Without Anti-Jolt cars like the 911 GT3 R or the Lambo GT3 are jolting very bad..

We WMD guys know about the Jolts and there are reasons why I have it disabled though, if you prefer it the other way simple enable it.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 15:06
That's a real shame as gain is all over the place on different cars, has to jump to global Volume to adjust. Any plans from SMS to add them back (individual car gain (volume, whatever))?

Unfortunately yes, it was reported many times in WMD that the per car multipliers very much needed to be adjusted in order to archive a balanced level among the various cars, one can hope it
will be fixed in a patch.
BTW in WMD we had a per car Volume and Tone slider on the car setup menu for quite some time though it never was working, for some reason they decided to remove it.

daveneverend
23-09-2017, 15:17
In pCARS 2 individual car tweaker files are no more, so these are global files, one for all cars. The files contain certain wheel specifics
like deadzone removal and anti drag and should be set accordingly to type of wheel.

How to use?
1. Unpack/copy all files into "My Documents/Project CARS 2" folder.
2. Delete the SMS default "ffb_custom_settings" file. (Note, the game automatically creates a new file if none is detected at game start)
4. Start the game and select Custom on the FFB flavor menu.

This posting contents 6 different custom files which are based on RAW at 2 stages of game/FFB development.

Standard files - with artificial road noise, moderate bumps/kerbs/grass response (severely more than the SMS 4 custom preset)
Alternative files - no artificial road noise, more bumps/kerbs/grass response

An important feature of these files are the Compressor settings and the old PC1 Relative Gain stuff, which better balances the forces
at all turning angles and driving scenarios and to a certain extent the different types of cars. FFB basically is free of clipping.
In PC2 now the compressor works just like the ones in the audio world, severely improves the old Soft Clip.

The files:

1. standard low comp.
2. standard mid comp.
3. standard high comp.
4. alternative low comp.
5. alternative mid comp.
6. alternative high comp.

Suggested FFB setting: Gain 100, Volume 50, Tone 50, FX 50 ( FX to taste, lower with alternative file)

FFB is directly derived from physics, thereīs no special feature to emphasize over or understeer.
Tone - more or less balances Mz/Fy and generally should stay at default 50.
FX - controls the level of bumps, kerbs, grass, scrub and road noise, level to taste.
Gain - always at 100, use Volume to adjust the global FFB level to taste.

Checking different files requires restart of the game each time an other file is activated or/and edited, session restart is not enough.

Reference - use the Porsche 911 GT3 or McLaren 650S GT3 at Oulton Park and Fuji, these are laser scanned tracks and have the natural road texture and
normally donīt require the artificial road noise effect.
Silverstone and Imola are non laser scanned tracks and are pretty flat and boring maybe, ideal to check what the road noise files do.

Note, with the suggested global settings and in combo with the custom files FFB is severely stronger than with any of the SMS flavors, the alternative
files tend to cause oscillation, so always keep your hands on the wheel.

Also note, I decided to disable the "Anti Jolt" feature, due to the degrading side effect it has on the vast majority of cars that are not affected
by the issue anyway, to enable delete this "#" in the corresponding lines.

in the option and wheel and configuration *second colum...what is your setting

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 15:28
in the option and wheel and configuration *second colum...what is your setting

Iīm not on my gaming PC at the moment and canīt recall what the second colum is, so could you be more specific maybe.

Kebabfelix
23-09-2017, 15:52
Anyway of getting the deadzone lower on the mid alternative file?

Huge deadzone on my G29 with it.

(output (tighten output 0.01 0.01))

Can I set it 0.001? or will that brake it?

daveneverend
23-09-2017, 15:53
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 50
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 50
Clutch Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 50
Speed Sensitivity 50
Damper Saturation 25
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 0
Damper Saturation 0
Gamepad Damping 0
RMP/Gear Display Yes

Seubi42
23-09-2017, 16:31
Ā lot lot lot better (mid standard for me) !!!!
Thanks for your Work!
Why sms did not include something like that Day 1 ?

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 16:32
Anyway of getting the deadzone lower on the mid alternative file?

Huge deadzone on my G29 with it.

(output (tighten output 0.01 0.01))

Can I set it 0.001? or will that brake it?

I donīt know the deadzone of your wheel, letīs assume itīs 12%, this itīs how it should be.

(output (tighten output 0.12 0.06))

sherpa25
23-09-2017, 16:42
I donīt know the deadzone of your wheel, letīs assume itīs 12%, this itīs how it should be.

What does ‘falloff’ mean (ie. the 2nd parameter after deazone)?

maxstep
23-09-2017, 17:07

Dear Jack, your work is phenomenal and absolutely transforms both games from bland and washed out to stellar experience! Thank you so much.

If I may trouble you with a quick question, for 19% deadzone (tested with wheelcheck and such) g27, would the formula be then

(output (tighten output 0.19 0.09)) ?

And that replaces the

(output (tighten output device_tighten 0.02))

line in your file, correct?

I thought that the device_tighten is the file scope variable, but it wasn't anywhere else in the file.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 17:11
Dear Jack, your work is phenomenal and absolutely transforms both games from bland and washed out to stellar experience! Thank you so much.

If I may trouble you with a quick question, for 19% deadzone (tested with wheelcheck and such) g27, would the formula be then
(output (tighten output 0.19 0.09)) ? And that replaces the (output (tighten output device_tighten 0.02)) line in your file, correct?

I thought that the device_tighten is the file scope variable, but it wasn't anywhere else in the file.

Yes, the values are correct, you can replace the lines.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 17:18
What does ‘falloff’ mean (ie. the 2nd parameter after deazone)?

IIRC itīs a time factor, should be about half of the deadzone value.

cpl
23-09-2017, 17:28
which kind of values should i enter for a csl elite ps4, i think i read it doesn't have a deadzone like a g27 or t300?

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 17:34
To all deadzone removers.
Due to the compression the value could be slightly lower than what you normally used to have set.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 17:38
which kind of values should i enter for a csl elite ps4, i think i read it doesn't have a deadzone like a g27 or t300?

Custom files donīt work on Consoles, so no deadzone removal for you.

cpl
23-09-2017, 17:49
i use the wheel on pc.

Jack Spade
23-09-2017, 18:04
i use the wheel on pc.

Didnīt you mention PS4?...anyway. In the PC1 forum you probably find something about the deadzone of your wheel, on my old CSW v2 itīs 5%, just to give you an idea.

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 18:12
Didnīt you mention PS4?...anyway. In the PC1 forum you probably find something about the deadzone of your wheel, on my old CSW v2 itīs 5%, just to give you an idea.

Thats because the wheels name is CSL Elite PS4. But of course it's also PC compatible. ;)
As it has same electronics and same motor as CSW V2.5 deadzone should be 0 as that wheel has no deadzone

Ciccina2016
23-09-2017, 18:55
Custom files donīt work on Consoles, so no deadzone removal for you.

Hi Jack

Can the same settings be applied to consoles? OR at least get closer to PC.. if so, can the settings be posted here?

Flamaros
23-09-2017, 20:27
Thank you Jack I'll test it tomorrow and I am already sure that it will works much better than SMS flavors.

I was a little disappointed to see that the FFB isn't really better than in Pcars1.

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 20:32
Ultimately you can blame me for the final antijolt settings! That AJ said were really good and implemented them into D1P for RAW. It did reduce some of the feeling of kerbs, but a fix was going into a patch after D1P for kerbs.

jimortality
23-09-2017, 20:42
Thank you Jack I'll test it tomorrow and I am already sure that it will works much better than SMS flavors.

I was a little disappointed to see that the FFB isn't really better than in Pcars1.

Well we all have different feelings about ffb but for me, I really like it and I'm messing with Jack's files and getting some really good feel. Hope you find something you like anyway.

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 20:56
I don't find any issue with SMS defaults, but I only spend about 13 hours a day in a vehicle and exceeding speed limits!

daveneverend
23-09-2017, 21:06
t500rs thrusmaster control panel...60-100-100-0-0 or 60-100-100-100-100????
and in game ?240350

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 21:12
Jack, I just compared your Standard mid compressed custom file with the default raw.
With Anti-Jolt enabled I quite like your custom file, especially the compressor is in my opinion really nice so you dont have to concern about clipping anymore. But I have one concern and thats the fact it seems not to be fine-tuned for the CSW v2.5?! Even with FX only at 25 I get heavy oscillations with your custom file which are not there with the default raw preset because the default raw preset has under-the-hood adjustments for the v2.5 to prevent it from oscillating.
Is it possible to add this to your custom?

Also when you turn the wheel from left to right it does not feel smooth compared to the default raw. It feels much heavier und more notchy with a heavy center spring force...

4dri3l
23-09-2017, 21:18
hmm... trying to understand how the compressor works.. (can we get a thread to learn how this file works?) :p :p

#(output (compressor output threshold ratio attack release))
(output (compressor output (* 0.8) (* 2.0) (* 0.04) (* 0.02)))

so i supose the threshold is 0 to compress everything and 1 to compress nothing.. ratio is how much compression above the threshold, attack is how fast the comp will enter in action and release is how long the comp will keep active...

and what about that?

(output (relative output 1.4 0.1 0.99))

(histogram output)

(output (hard_clip (* output gain) 1.0))

R74NN
23-09-2017, 21:21
Is there a way how to set minimum force? I'm used to set it on other sims to get rid of weak feel at the center.

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 22:10
Jack, I just compared your Standard mid compressed custom file with the default raw.
With Anti-Jolt enabled I quite like your custom file, especially the compressor is in my opinion really nice so you dont have to concern about clipping anymore. But I have one concern and thats the fact it seems not to be fine-tuned for the CSW v2.5?! Even with FX only at 25 I get heavy oscillations with your custom file which are not there with the default raw preset because the default raw preset has under-the-hood adjustments for the v2.5 to prevent it from oscillating.

Also when you turn the wheel from left to right it does not feel smooth compared to the default raw. It feels much heavier und more notchy with a heavy center spring force...

Probably why AJ advised against and it should be on the immersive flavor!

Molda
23-09-2017, 22:40
First of all i would like to thank Jack for this. I thought that i will never be able to set/tune my T300RS with PCars 2 but with these custom FFB files it is much much better. I love the details and how i can finally feel the kerbs which was impossible with the default flavours. But my excitement went down after few happy moments - because i was only testing everything on oulton park or knockhill so after i was happy with the custom ALT_MID FFB file and i made little tuning ingame i thought that now i can finally start playing properly and try different tracks and cars etc and there was the dissapointment. I tried Brno (which i love as a track) but there was almost zero FFB. I guess because it is not laser scanned, it is super flat and thus no FFB right? It was extreme difference when compared to Oulton Park or Knockhill. When i tried to up the volume and FX, it only made the weight of the wheel higher, but it still felt like there is "no" FFB.
So thank you so much Jack for your files and they will be mega awesome to use on the better tracks but i guess there is nothing that can be done with the FFB on the worse tracks.

nbyriel
23-09-2017, 22:50
So i tried searching here for some help aswell with my problem, since im now using Jack's standard mid comp. file for my FFB, and i see alot of people writing alot about deadzones.. clearly i must be missing something, cause, if i set my ingame steering deadzone to 0 my wheel goes crazy as soon as i get out of the auto-driving pitlane (ie: the wheel keeps going full force left and right about 90 degrees each way) unless i grab it and force it just a bit to either side, then it actually "works" untill i hit center, and then it starts again (dosnt matter if car is holding still or anything either) does any1 have a clue whats going on or what i might be missing?

I can fix the issue by setting steering deadzone in game to 2 or above, but obviously this creastes a deadzone for me, where there isnt any input to the steering in the center, which is annoying...

Im using Fanatec CSW v2.5 with an xbox universal hub on it and forza rim, all in PC mode of course, i checked firmware/driver for newest version aswell..

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 22:56
So i tried searching here for some help aswell with my problem, since im now using Jack's standard mid comp. file for my FFB, and i see alot of people writing alot about deadzones.. clearly i must be missing something, cause, if i set my ingame steering deadzone to 0 my wheel goes crazy as soon as i get out of the auto-driving pitlane (ie: the wheel keeps going full force left and right about 90 degrees each way) unless i grab it and force it just a bit to either side, then it actually "works" untill i hit center, and then it starts again (dosnt matter if car is holding still or anything either) does any1 have a clue whats going on or what i might be missing?

I can fix the issue by setting steering deadzone in game to 2 or above, but obviously this creastes a deadzone for me, where there isnt any input to the steering in the center, which is annoying...

Im using Fanatec CSW v2.5 with an xbox universal hub on it and forza rim, all in PC mode of course, i checked firmware/driver for newest version aswell..

Thats because the deadzone fine tuning is not in this custom file because it's based on a raw preset where the fine tuning for the v2.5 was not done.
I also get massive oscillations.

Bobbydakid
24-09-2017, 01:02
First of all i would like to thank Jack for this. I thought that i will never be able to set/tune my T300RS with PCars 2 but with these custom FFB files it is much much better. I love the details and how i can finally feel the kerbs which was impossible with the default flavours. But my excitement went down after few happy moments - because i was only testing everything on oulton park or knockhill so after i was happy with the custom ALT_MID FFB file and i made little tuning ingame i thought that now i can finally start playing properly and try different tracks and cars etc and there was the dissapointment. I tried Brno (which i love as a track) but there was almost zero FFB. I guess because it is not laser scanned, it is super flat and thus no FFB right? It was extreme difference when compared to Oulton Park or Knockhill. When i tried to up the volume and FX, it only made the weight of the wheel higher, but it still felt like there is "no" FFB.
So thank you so much Jack for your files and they will be mega awesome to use on the better tracks but i guess there is nothing that can be done with the FFB on the worse tracks.

I've noticed this too, on the laser scanned tracks the force feedback is amazing. However on tracks like Road America there is almost no feel at all from the road so the force feedback feels worse.

senna94f1
24-09-2017, 02:14
Hello jack ,tbh I much rather have the ffb settings from the 1st game ,I can't feel no curb rumble on any ffb settings on the 3 flavours lol,at first I thought It was my t300 but nope ,so why do we have no curb rumble,I am disappointed with the run up to this game pc2 people were saying how great in beta mode,obviously monkeys were used as now f12017 feels superior on my wheel,so what's gone wrong,I wish I hadn't bought the game,as first game graphics looked way better,I've beta tested for a lot of racing games and don't understand how u set your wheel up for curb feel, this is on the ps4 I am talking about,

bmanic
24-09-2017, 02:49
Hello jack ,tbh I much rather have the ffb settings from the 1st game ,I can't feel no curb rumble on any ffb settings on the 3 flavours lol,at first I thought It was my t300 but nope ,so why do we have no curb rumble,I am disappointed with the run up to this game pc2 people were saying how great in beta mode,obviously monkeys were used as now f12017 feels superior on my wheel,so what's gone wrong,I wish I hadn't bought the game,as first game graphics looked way better,I've beta tested for a lot of racing games and don't understand how u set your wheel up for curb feel, this is on the ps4 I am talking about,

It's possible the PS4 settings are bugged or just that the wheel feels very different on consoles. There is absolutely tons of curb rumbling on the PC.. if I set FX to 100 my T300 shakes violently (and you can see tons of spikes on the FFB histogram).

One thing: Make sure you are ACTUALLY driving on curbs that have ridges! Some tracks have only painted curbs.. those are smooth and will of course produce no effect.

Andrew_WOT
24-09-2017, 03:18
I have an OSW and I prefer Project CARS 2 & iRacing to AC. I wouldn't say AC is years behind or anything like that, simply I prefer the feel of the others. The odd thing is I really liked AC with a G29 over the others as it felt more alive. Getting the OSW was a revelation in iRacing and PC2, less so with AC.

I wouldn't argue there isn't good and poor FFB, something like WRC7 would probably be universally declared as poor. However, when you get dialled into a sim, get the FFB working as you like it then I do think preference plays a massive role.
Hi Tony, don't remember seeing you in AC OSW thread, unless you use different alias. Find your findings quite surprising and opposite to what I and the the rest of AC OSW group experiencing, but please drop us a line or two here (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/osw-owners-thread.28560/), curios if this is specific settings that you are using that make it outshine the rest.

And for the custom profiles, after some careful back and forth testing I think that with OSW it's better to stay with RAW profile. Jack's file seems to be working better with cars that have broken (brick wall) FFB, but for ones with the decent one (I've used Huracan ST for testing), RAW is definitely more informative, consistent, with more wheel weight and rubber feeling, perhaps not so exciting, but with DD you don't need extra accentuation on effects, even with RAW, you can drop FX to 10-15 and still find them overwhelming.

Coanda
24-09-2017, 03:34
Any chance you could please explain how the anti jolt function works? What does each input parameter represent?

# Anti Jolt ------------------------------------------
(left_scale (* left_scale (antijolt FL_load 0.05 0.3)))
(right_scale (* right_scale (antijolt FR_load 0.05 0.3)))

Gsx31
24-09-2017, 03:47
Hello,

First of all thank you Jack Spade for everything work and the follow-up which you made since PCars 1

I have a probléme with the zone died of my G25.
With PCars 1 I had calculated that she was 17 %

If I understood well, to settle the dead zone, it is necessary to take one of the files "ALT" because in files "STAN" there is not a line

#Deadzone Removal have pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off (output (tighten output 0.02 0.01))

I changed the line like that

#Deadzone Removal have pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off (output (tighten output 0.17 0.08))

But that changes nothing, I always have a dead zone which does that I have no information in a straight line.

I tried to increase him, (output (tighten output 0.25 0.12)) but that changes nothing.

You could tell me what I have to make

Thank you in advance

Solved problem. I had not put the profile on Personalized

Ramjet
24-09-2017, 04:56
Firstly thanks heaps Jack, fantastic work and makes a huge difference to the FFB. I am using an AccuForce wheel and although Raw & Informative were ok I found some effects missing or muted with the overall feel too weak. Just tried your Standard High and it was good but bit muted, however I then went to the Alternate Low and the strength is really good, had to turn down to 40 and dropped Tone to 35 with 22 FX and it really came to life, the FFB is now easily better than both Assetto Corsa and RRRE on my rig by a huge margin - incredibly good actually.

Once again, huge props to you for the obvious time and effort you put into creating these custom files, excellent work mate ! :eagerness:

For reference of other AF owners, I had overall smoothing at 26, game FFB smoothing at about 2% and no other effects added with wheel mode Responsive. Tested using the Ferrari F40 at Nordschleife.

@Jack Spade ~ Would you please be able to explain a bit more exactly what the compression settings are and what they do please ?
I am guessing with Direct Drive wheels like AF or OSW it is better to have lower compression or is it the opposite ?

Eric Rowland
24-09-2017, 05:29
Hey Ramjet I'm also using the AF. How did you arrive at 26 overall smoothing? I'm going to try your settings. A lot of trial and error with this stuff.....

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 07:02

As mentioned in OP alt files tend to oscillate, so never let go of the wheel. Thus far I have not seen any special V2.5 parameter in any of AJīs posting that deals with the issue.

NRey
24-09-2017, 07:03
Just registered to thank you, i tried only alternative hi and it just changed everything.
Thank you

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 07:05
Is there a way how to set minimum force? I'm used to set it on other sims to get rid of weak feel at the center.

Look for this:

#Deadzone Removal as pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off
(output (tighten output 0.02 0.01))

Maurice Boeschen
24-09-2017, 07:12
As mentioned in OP alt files tend to oscillate, so never let go of the wheel. Thus far I have not seen any special V2.5 parameter in any of AJīs posting that deals with the issue.

But I am using the standard file, not the alternative...

Mascot
24-09-2017, 07:12
Any recommendations for the Fanatec CSR Elite? Thanks.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 07:18

All laser scanned tracks and a few others have enough road feel and yes unfortunately quite a few none laser scanned tracks seem a bit boring, thatīs why we now have the artificial
road noise feature which is present in the standard files. In WMD forum I often plead to give those tracks in question the nice micro bump treatment of the PC1 DLC tracks, as you
can see now no success.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 07:32
Any chance you could please explain how the anti jolt function works? What does each input parameter represent?

# Anti Jolt ------------------------------------------
(left_scale (* left_scale (antijolt FL_load 0.05 0.3)))
(right_scale (* right_scale (antijolt FR_load 0.05 0.3)))

The values in the files causes the least side effects of this feature so I would not mess much, as I did, with these. AJ did not say much about this stuff and I canīt recall
the details, perhaps other WMD guys can clarify. Note, only just very few cars are affected by the issue and the vast majority does not need this but get the side effects.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 07:41
Any recommendations for the Fanatec CSR Elite? Thanks.

Files are not necessarily for a certain type of wheel, standard mid is the one I would suggest first.

4dri3l
24-09-2017, 07:53
hmm... trying to understand how the compressor works.. (can we get a thread to learn how this file works?) :p :p

so i supose the threshold is 0 to compress everything and 1 to compress nothing.. ratio is how much compression above the threshold, attack is how fast the comp will enter in action and release is how long the comp will keep active...

and what about that?

(histogram output)

Bump

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 08:04

and what about that?

(histogram output)

Yes, the comp works like that.
Relative Output is an imported PC1 feature to spice up FFB, more info in PC1.
histogram output is what you can see on that FFB widget on the HUD down on the left.
hard clip is AJīs last resort.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 08:56
Firstly thanks heaps Jack, fantastic work and makes a huge difference to the FFB. I am using an AccuForce wheel and although Raw & Informative were ok I found some effects missing or muted with the overall feel too weak. Just tried your Standard High and it was good but bit muted, however I then went to the Alternate Low and the strength is really good, had to turn down to 40 and dropped Tone to 35 with 22 FX and it really came to life, the FFB is now easily better than both Assetto Corsa and RRRE on my rig by a huge margin - incredibly good actually.

Once again, huge props to you for the obvious time and effort you put into creating these custom files, excellent work mate ! :eagerness:

For reference of other AF owners, I had overall smoothing at 26, game FFB smoothing at about 2% and no other effects added with wheel mode Responsive. Tested using the Ferrari F40 at Nordschleife.

@Jack Spade ~ Would you please be able to explain a bit more exactly what the compression settings are and what they do please ?
I am guessing with Direct Drive wheels like AF or OSW it is better to have lower compression or is it the opposite ?

In general comps reduce the dynamics, but on the other side they give it more punch without clipping, thatīs the effect youīre after in rock/pop music. How much effect you want is a matter of taste.
In this game Iīm using it to better deal with different car types and wheels and also to better balance the forces that occur in typical driving scenarios. I would say low compression is probably
what you would prefer with a high end wheel, but it must not be necessarily so.

mancSLO
24-09-2017, 09:10
Hi.
I'm use standard mid comp. Which setting i must reduce, to turn my G27 easier. Maby some setting here:
Suggested FFB setting: Gain 100, Volume 50, Tone 50, FX 50 ( FX to taste, lower with alternative file)

Thx.

Karvon
24-09-2017, 09:16
Hello,

Wanted to thank you Mr. Jack Spade. Tried the game "out of the box" but unlike many people did saying that the FFB was nice from the beginning, IMO it was a sh1t like PCars1. Tried your settings (in PCars1 I must admit I didn't even like it with your settings) and the improvement is incredible, much more inmersive.

Again, thank you.

P.S I just saw that you own a GTX 570. Do you have stuttering? It would be nice if you could share your video settings (at least it would be nice for me) I own a GTX 660 which similar performance and I'm not a handyman on that topic, would be nice to apply your settings for low-mid end graphic cards.

4dri3l
24-09-2017, 09:25
Yes, the comp works like that.
Relative Output is an imported PC1 feature to spice up FFB, more info in PC1.
histogram output is what you can see on that FFB widget on the HUD down on the left.
hard clip is AJīs last resort.

Oh I see... I thought those lines were correlated with the comp function... thank you for the info.

rosko
24-09-2017, 09:29
Exactly as it is by default, except VOLUME which I tweak per car.

I think so many people are looking for FFB to "fix" their driving or the car setup.. in my opinion the RAW unfiltered output is showing very well what the car is doing. So if it feels "weird" I actually go into the car setup and change it until it doesn't feel weird. Magically this usually results in me getting better laptimes as well.

It is beneficial on cheaper wheels though to have some compression so this is where the custom files can help.. and if you are used to the way pCars 1 felt, then the custom files can get you closer to that (but never identical as majority of the "feel" comes from the updated physics).

This is the problem with RAW though you have to change volume a significant amount, i think this is why many people say the game is a mixed bag but actually get the correct volume the ffb is mostly consistently good. IMO this is bad design on SMS part not allow us to save the per car settings.

Maurice Boeschen
24-09-2017, 09:37
In general comps reduce the dynamics, but on the other side they give it more punch without clipping, thatīs the effect youīre after in rock/pop music. How much effect you want is a matter of taste.
In this game Iīm using it to better deal with different car types and wheels and also to better balance the forces that occur in typical driving scenarios. I would say low compression is probably

As you also use a csw v2.5: which comp setting are you using yourself? Canr decide between standard mid and standard low.. :D

Miwwa
24-09-2017, 09:51
All laser scanned tracks and a few others have enough road feel and yes unfortunately quite a few none laser scanned tracks seem a bit boring, thatīs why we now have the artificial
road noise feature which is present in the standard files. In WMD forum I often plead to give those tracks in question the nice micro bump treatment of the PC1 DLC tracks, as you
can see now no success.

Jack you have done it again. Why you don't work for these guys is beyond me. Is there a list or do you happen to know what tracks are scanned and witch aren't? Don't care for Artificial effects, but might switch out files if I dont care for how flat the tracks feel.

rosko
24-09-2017, 09:53
I seem to have lost soft lock, any way to get that back?

GTsimms
24-09-2017, 09:57
Hello,

Wanted to thank you Mr. Jack Spade. Tried the game "out of the box" but unlike many people did saying that the FFB was nice from the beginning, IMO it was a sh1t like PCars1. Tried your settings (in PCars1 I must admit I didn't even like it with your settings) and the improvement is incredible, much more inmersive.

Again, thank you.

P.S I just saw that you own a GTX 570. Do you have stuttering? It would be nice if you could share your video settings (at least it would be nice for me) I own a GTX 660 which similar performance and I'm not a handyman on that topic, would be nice to apply your settings for low-mid end graphic cards.

It's good out of the box with RAW, but with a reduced kerb feeling. The kerbs should be patched soon! Lowering the FX can give you a good feeling of the tires, but without a motion rig to simulate the suspension. This is where the FX needs to come in for most of the sim community. Because those road vehicles, most people don't really pay attention to how lifeless the wheel really is! So for most of the Sim racing community these effects have been added to simulate the feedback and most have gotten used to them or a higher feedback than a normal vehicle! I have found once you set a car like the BMW 1 M, it seems alike the majority of cars are within a small range of ffb +/-.

jim jonez
24-09-2017, 10:19
Thx Jack, Sorry ,Am being very dumb here . step 3 how do i activate ? "Activate - relable your selected one to "ffb_custom_settings".

rosko
24-09-2017, 10:41
It's good out of the box with RAW, but with a reduced kerb feeling. The kerbs should be patched soon! Lowering the FX can give you a good feeling of the tires, but without a motion rig to simulate the suspension. This is where the FX needs to come in for most of the sim community. Because those road vehicles, most people don't really pay attention to how lifeless the wheel really is! So for most of the Sim racing community these effects have been added to simulate the feedback and most have gotten used to them or a higher feedback than a normal vehicle! I have found once you set a car like the BMW 1 M, it seems alike the majority of cars are within a small range of ffb +/-.

You say its good.

But on my wheel some of the ffb strength was so low that there was practically nothing. But set at 50 volume default the road cars non stop clipping. I do not want or expect the cars to feel the same, i want the little lotus 49c to feel lighter on turn in but still should feel the surface & some load when going faster into turns. What we get is some of the cars are just out of the scope of my wheel with RAW settings. I don't want to use compression as imo RAW does feel better, its just much more of a pia to have to recalibrate every time i sit in a new car.

I wonder if the wmd members really tested all of the cars with all the different versions of ffb or did you just stick with your favorite cars.

GTsimms
24-09-2017, 10:57
The values in the files causes the least side effects of this feature so I would not mess much, as I did, with these. AJ did not say much about this stuff and I canīt recall
the details, perhaps other WMD guys can clarify. Note, only just very few cars are affected by the issue and the vast majority does not need this but get the side effects.

The first affected the steering more and set too high would alter the steering ratio feel and made things feel really reduced. The second was reducing the level of the vibrations from the jolts. But, both work to reduce the level of jolting. This was tested thoroughly and AJ agreed .09 and .22 was the way to go! The levels in RAW reduced the effect the best overall. But, I think any further reduction would need to come with another change from AJ. AJ was submitting an under the hood fix for the kerbs for patch 2. It did not make D1P as the antijolt was more critical. I think, we have managed the tire jolt well out of the box. But, further testing needs to be done. The game feels great, but small tweaks need to be done!

Edit: Like Maurice said, it might be better to use Raw and a Custom without antijolt at WMD2.

GTsimms
24-09-2017, 11:13
You say its good.

But on my wheel some of the ffb strength was so low that there was practically nothing. But set at 50 volume default the road cars non stop clipping. I do not want or expect the cars to feel the same, i want the little lotus 49c to feel lighter on turn in but still should feel the surface & some load when going faster into turns. What we get is some of the cars are just out of the scope of my wheel with RAW settings. I don't want to use compression as imo RAW does feel better, its just much more of a pia to have to recalibrate every time i sit in a new car.

I wonder if the wmd members really tested all of the cars with all the different versions of ffb or did you just stick with your favorite cars.
The notes had: the settings may not work with every wheel. I've had comments like, I can turn the wheel one finger. Yeah, I can do the same in every road car that I have driven with not too much effort and set it the same level on the road cars in game. Most pro drivers do not have Dewayne Johnson arms for turning a steering wheel.

Edit: give me a list of cars, that you are using!

drizzit
24-09-2017, 11:54
Thank you very much for these Jack, standard mid comp with my T300 (100,60,50,50) feels great!

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 12:15
Hi.
I'm use standard mid comp. Which setting i must reduce, to turn my G27 easier. Maby some setting here:

Thx.

What do mean "easier", weaker, less bumpy....?

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 12:18
As you also use a csw v2.5: which comp setting are you using yourself? Canr decide between standard mid and standard low.. :D

standard mid

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 12:20
Jack you have done it again. Why you don't work for these guys is beyond me. Is there a list or do you happen to know what tracks are scanned and witch aren't? Don't care for Artificial effects, but might switch out files if I dont care for how flat the tracks feel.

There must be a listing here somewhere.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 12:24
Thx Jack, Sorry ,Am being very dumb here . step 3 how do i activate ? "Activate - relable your selected one to "ffb_custom_settings".

"any file name" > rename to this "ffb_custom_settings" ...without this " of course.

McErono
24-09-2017, 12:33
Jack, thanks a lot again, you saved pCars1 and you are doing great work again in pCars2.

This is some of the best FFB that I ever driven in any Sim. Yes its totally specific with the mentioned settings below but it is mindblowing:

Wheel: Simucube Lenze, 960w powersupply

McLaren 650S GT3, Brandshatch.

Jack Spade custom FFB, Standard Low Compression file.

SimCube Configuration Tool:
Overall Strength 90%
Reconstruction Filter 5
TBW 1500hz (don't go over 680hz if you use a Mige)
Damping 2
Friction 1.5

pCars 2:
Custom FFB
amp 60
Int 60
Tone 50
FX 50

Jack's file does get rid of the ugly FFB Deadzone in the Center and the Wheel wont go light over curbs anymore.

rosko
24-09-2017, 12:43
The notes had: the settings may not work with every wheel. I've had comments like, I can turn the wheel one finger. Yeah, I can do the same in every road car that I have driven with not too much effort and set it the same level on the road cars in game. Most pro drivers do not have Dewayne Johnson arms for turning a steering wheel.

Edit: give me a list of cars, that you are using!
:confused:
Never mind dude just forget it.

SimonJ
24-09-2017, 12:55
Jack, thanks a lot again, you saved pCars1 and you are doing great work again in pCars2.

This is some of the best FFB that I ever driven in any Sim. Yes its totally specific with the mentioned settings below but it is mindblowing:

Wheel: Simucube Lenze, 960w powersupply

McLaren 650S GT3, Brandshatch.

Jack Spade custom FFB, Standard Low Compression file.

SimCube Configuration Tool:
Overall Strength 90%
Reconstruction Filter 5
TBW 1500hz (don't go over 680hz if you use a Mige)
Damping 2
Friction 1.5

pCars 2:
Custom FFB
amp 60
Int 60
Tone 50
FX 50

Jack's file does get rid of the ugly FFB Deadzone in the Center and the Wheel wont go light over curbs anymore.

i have it feeling very nice also will try your settings too :)

tried a few so far got volume and FX mapped to knobs got Jack Spade alternative mid compressor file at moment
posted them here
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/project-cars-trouble-shooting/574/21

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 13:03
Tried different versions of the tweakers and I'm not sure what to think.

The wheel is always strong, whatever happens and even under rain. I just can't feel the tyres "charging up" grip. Raw FFB delivers this. Yes it's lighter on straights but that makes sense ! There's no slip angle on straights !
With this FFB I just can't know where I have grip or not and I simply understeer.
Raw FFB under rain is trickier to drive as well, it gives you less weight on the wheel ( like on a real car IMO ), and every little time the rear is loose is harder to catch due to the dampness of the wheel compared to your tweaker which seems to have massive spring centering forces.

I think your FFB is "faster" due to heavy "centering" forces but I struggle to see where it is more authentic though.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 13:19
You say its good.

It was intended to make it easier for casual gamer, so lots of PC1 features are no more. Why thereīs no per car Volume/Tone adjustment anymore is beyond me, it was in for quite some time
but never was activated. Per car FFB multiplier balance is all over the place which makes things really worse at the moment, was reported many times in WMD, so letīs hope a for a fix in a
patch. BTW my custom files are SMS Raw based, nothing really changed on the base except the dynamics treatment, basically what a mastering studio could do as the final polish in a music
recording process.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 13:29
Tried different versions of the tweakers and I'm not sure what to think.

The wheel is always strong, whatever happens and even under rain. I just can't feel the tyres "charging up" grip. Raw FFB delivers this. Yes it's lighter on straights but that makes sense ! There's no slip angle on straights !
With this FFB I just can't know where I have grip or not and I simply understeer.
Raw FFB under rain is trickier to drive as well, it gives you less weight on the wheel ( like on a real car IMO ), and every little time the rear is loose is harder to catch due to the dampness of the wheel compared to your tweaker which seems to have massive spring centering forces.

I think your FFB is "faster" due to heavy "centering" forces but I struggle to see where it is more authentic though.

The stronger FFB the more centering force, Iīm not talking about a spring here, thatīs how FFB works. As mentioned in OP with the files FFB is severely stronger than
with the SMS presets, in order to have the global force on par with the presets you need to lower the Volume.

jpmmuc
24-09-2017, 15:00
Why thereīs no per car Volume/Tone adjustment anymore is beyond me, it was in for quite some time but never was activated. Per car FFB multiplier balance is all over the place which makes things really worse at the moment, was reported many times in WMD, so letīs hope a for a fix in a patch.

That's also something I'm hoping for. But as the volume is mappable to a button it's no real deal breaker meanwhile.

I'm wondering how much a early in game volume adjustment and the autoscaler interfere with each other?

As my wheel has a very low drag, ist this the right line to remove the anti drag (power-steering) from the game?
(output (anti_drag output scaled_anti_drag device_friction 0.3)) -> reduce this from 0.3 to e.g. 0.1 to minimize the anti drag?

And THANKS for your support !

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 15:10
That's also something I'm hoping for. But as the volume is mappable to a button it's no real deal breaker meanwhile.

I'm wondering how much a early in game volume adjustment and the autoscaler interfere with each other?

As my wheel has a very low drag, ist this the right line to remove the anti drag (power-steering) from the game?
(output (anti_drag output scaled_anti_drag device_friction 0.3)) -> reduce this from 0.3 to e.g. 0.1 to minimize the anti drag?

And THANKS for your support !

Iīm not sure about this one, never touched it. Put this # in front of the lines to disable, check if it makes a difference.

Edit: In PC1 itīs Per Wheel Movement, best to try and adjust if no FFB active. Try Volume and/or Gain and FX at zero.

Ramjet
24-09-2017, 15:29
Jack is it possible to have the Alternative version files but with the Road Noise added ? I like the strength of the Alternative low or mid comp but miss the Road noise. The standard files all feel bit muted or with damper whereas the Alternative have a sharper crisper feel which feels good on the Accuforce wheel. Thanks.:peaceful:

Moonmatrix1
24-09-2017, 15:37
Jack is it possible to have the Alternative version files but with the Road Noise added ? I like the strength of the Alternative low or mid comp but miss the Road noise. The standard files all feel bit muted or with damper whereas the Alternative have a sharper crisper feel which feels good on the Accuforce wheel. Thanks.:peaceful:

+1 :)

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 15:39

Tried it already, but as soon this noise stuff comes in it becomes a standard, seems some code behind needs to be changed.

jpmmuc
24-09-2017, 16:03
Why do always guys with low level equipment write stuff like this?!? I don't get it. Get a decent wheel and you will see which FFB is quite good. And PC2 it's not. The FFB is ok with the files Jack provided in this thread, but it's not nearly as good as iracing provides nor AC. As in PC1 SMS did a bad job on the FFB baseline. You can setup some cars that feel ok and other are awfull as hell.
I don't think that a T300 is a low level equipment, it's a good mid range wheel and you sound a little arrogant.
As I like AC FFB, I like also the new FFB from PC2, even more with the Jack Spade low comp files.

Exoil
24-09-2017, 16:16
If only we console players could use your setup again, I don't understand why SMS removed it when they have the simplified sliders this time for the ones who don't likes to tinker around

GTsimms
24-09-2017, 16:31
Tried it already, but as soon this noise stuff comes in it becomes a standard, seems some code behind needs to be changed.

Agree with Jack, during the antijolt testing. Things under the hood would need to be changed as somethings seemed to be preset in the custom.

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 16:34
If only we console players could use your setup again, I don't understand why SMS removed it when they have the simplified sliders this time for the ones who don't likes to tinker around

The thing is SMS got many critics regarding the complicated FFB system of PC1. It was intended to make it easy for casual gamer this time, so some of the PC1 stuff is no more.
Unfortunately restrictions on consoles donīt allow to run stuff like this here.

jpmmuc
24-09-2017, 17:01
Iīm not sure about this one, never touched it. Put this # in front of the lines to disable, check if it makes a difference.

Edit: In PC1 itīs Per Wheel Movement, best to try and adjust if no FFB active. Try Volume and/or Gain and FX at zero.
Surprisingly this function adds drag to the wheel with # it's removed.
(output (anti_drag output scaled_anti_drag device_friction 0.3)) -> with 0.01 there is more drag and with e.g. 5.0 is less drag
So I'm not exactly sure what this function adds beside the drag and if it's needed for the normal resistance from the tires, maybe this is also different for different wheels?

I will try later more but for the moment I'm going without this extra drag.

daveneverend
24-09-2017, 17:05
best reality (like real life) setting i found...1st download..: jackspade (STANDARD MID ffb)
try it pls and send me some feedback

Jack Spade
24-09-2017, 17:12
Surprisingly this function adds drag to the wheel with # it's removed.
(output (anti_drag output scaled_anti_drag device_friction 0.3)) -> with 0.01 there is more drag and with e.g. 5.0 is less drag
So I'm not exactly sure what this function adds beside the drag and if it's needed for the normal resistance from the tires, maybe this is also different for different wheels?

I will try later more but for the moment I'm going without this extra drag.

If you ask me I would leave it as it is and use Dri on your Fanatec if it need to be.

Karvon
24-09-2017, 17:49

Sadly you are completely right. I have no idea how racing cars feel and I always expect a strong FFB with a "nice feeling" on the road but I'm totally sure it's as you tell, some cars are more simple than we expect them to be and when that happens we automatically think "this is arcadish".

Jack Spade as commented before, would you be so kind to tell me your graphic settings? We have a similar graphic card (gtx 660) and I would like to know how do you have it setup.

Pteradon
24-09-2017, 18:20
Thanks Jack Spade.
I was using the "raw" ffb setup for my OSW, but i've just tried the "standard low comp" file and it feels much better.

David Wright
24-09-2017, 19:13
Can I add my thanks too!! My G25 is much much better with your file and the inclusion of "tighten output " to get rid of the deadzone.

R74NN
24-09-2017, 19:19
I used standard high compression file to compensate lack of detail on some flat tracks like Silverstone and it quite helps. It also solved my problem with weak center and the forces feel more "linear" to me. Thanks.

Flamaros
24-09-2017, 20:47
Thank you so much Jake, as expected with your mod it is just how it should be.

For record I use the alternative high compression for my Logitech G27, all options to default (Gain 100, volume 50, tune 50, FX 50).

Kebabfelix
24-09-2017, 20:57
Jack, just wondering are these presets the final version or are you working on a even better FFB file?

Not saying it's bad, I love it. Just wondering if it's worth tracking this post :)

ELAhrairah
24-09-2017, 21:00
Maybe this was already asked but what is the difference between high compressed and low? How does it translate to ffb feel?

Ubermongo
24-09-2017, 21:08
Jack, I cant thank you enough these new settings have completely transformed the game for me. Great job

Kwazi Pig
24-09-2017, 21:12
Jack, just wondering are these presets the final version or are you working on a even better FFB file?

Not saying it's bad, I love it. Just wondering if it's worth tracking this post :)

Knowing Jack keep coming back :)

rosko
24-09-2017, 21:29
Noticed a few things today, the Audi DTM felt really strange like something is borked with the ffb. Also i think the compression is not good with puddles feels a bit weird.

Exoil
24-09-2017, 22:42
The thing is SMS got many critics regarding the complicated FFB system of PC1. It was intended to make it easy for casual gamer this time, so some of the PC1 stuff is no more.
Unfortunately restrictions on consoles donīt allow to run stuff like this here.

Yeah, I know Jack, I just thing they could have added a checkbox in the options to let us open advanced FFB settings.

geubes
24-09-2017, 23:24
Logitech G29:
Standard Mid.
Gain 100
Volume 55
Tone 50
FX 20

its pretty damn gooood!!

ddm
24-09-2017, 23:55
I have a TS PC racer and like the RAW default setting and feel except for the loose feel around the centre. Is there any way to tighten the centre of just the RAW file itself?

Rolacka
25-09-2017, 00:35
T300 RS & using alternative mid, before I tried this I spent a good while dialing in the ffb on raw, I thought I had it as good as it could get then I tried THIS lol, ffs I really gotta stop pretending I know what I'm doing!
Thanks for the ffb setting files, the difference it made is huge 11/10.

GregP
25-09-2017, 02:03
Excellent work here, Jack -- thank you once again for doing so much to improve FFB for so many of us.

May I again make a request that I first made a few years ago with the original PCARS? There's really no reason for anyone to still be manually copying-and-pasting mod files into game directories anymore, when one-click mod enablers like JSGME (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml)or, more recently, the excellent OvGME (http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/), are available. Might you in the future distribute your zip file as a series of folders with different names, but with the single file inside each one having just the default FFB file name? That way we could drag-and-drop your folders into our mod enabler of choice, and with a single click be able to choose the file we want to use. As it is now, we'd have to manually create six separate folders and then rename each of your files to the default filename.

ELAhrairah
25-09-2017, 04:00
I have a TS PC racer and like the RAW default setting and feel except for the loose feel around the centre. Is there any way to tighten the centre of just the RAW file itself?

You should try one of jacks file they really fix this issue. I believe that only the custom option allows you to have more specific ffb or a third party ffb app for your wheelbase like simcommander.

Chicken Patty
25-09-2017, 05:27
I was actually very satisfied with the FFB in the raw setting. But I just tried the standard mid and boy am I in love. Once again Jack comes through. Thank you so much!

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 07:06

I canīt predict what comes in in the future, but this will never be on the PC1 tweaker files scale.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 07:18
Excellent work here, Jack -- thank you once again for doing so much to improve FFB for so many of us.

May I again make a request that I first made a few years ago with the original PCARS? There's really no reason for anyone to still be manually copying-and-pasting mod files into game directories anymore, when one-click mod enablers like JSGME (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml)or, more recently, the excellent OvGME (http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/), are available. Might you in the future distribute your zip file as a series of folders with different names, but with the single file inside each one having just the default FFB file name? That way we could drag-and-drop your folders into our mod enabler of choice, and with a single click be able to choose the file we want to use. As it is now, we'd have to manually create six separate folders and then rename each of your files to the default filename.

Iīm not familiar with what youīre asking for. You normally would do your file test once or twice and make your decision, constantly changing seems unlikely to me to justify
this effort.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 07:43
Sadly you are completely right. I have no idea how racing cars feel and I always expect a strong FFB with a "nice feeling" on the road but I'm totally sure it's as you tell, some cars are more simple than we expect them to be and when that happens we automatically think "this is arcadish".

Jack Spade as commented before, would you be so kind to tell me your graphic settings? We have a similar graphic card (gtx 660) and I would like to know how do you have it setup.

This:

<data class="GraphicConfigData" id="0x42240880">
<prop name="Name" data="" />
<prop name="Build" data="866" />
<prop name="Version" version="2" />
<prop name="Mode" adapter="0" width="1920" height="1200" refresh_num="59950" refresh_dem="1000" />
<prop name="Vsync" vsync="0" />
<prop name="FrameLatency" framelatency="1" />
<prop name="AntiAlias" antialias="2" />
<prop name="SMAAFXAA" smaafxaa="0" />
<prop name="Windowed" windowed="0" />
<prop name="TextureFilter" texturefilter="4" />
<prop name="TextureResolution" textureresolution="2" />
<prop name="Brightness" brightness="10" />
<prop name="CarDetailLevel" cardetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="TrackDetailLevel" trackdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="ShadowDetailLevel" shadowdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="MotionblurLevel" motionblurLevel="1" />
<prop name="EffectsDetailLevel" effectsdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="EnvmapDetailLevel" envmapdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="MirrorEnabled" mirrorenabled="0" />
<prop name="MirrorEnhanced" mirrorenhanced="0" />
<prop name="EnvmapReflectionDetailLevel" envmapreflectiondetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="GraphicsLevel" graphicslevel="4" />
<prop name="SuperSampling" supersampling="0" />
<prop name="LowSuperSampling" lowsupersampling="0" />
<prop name="VRSuperSampling" vrsupersampling="0" />
</data>
</Reflection>

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 07:48

A custom file is required.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 08:15
Maybe this was already asked but what is the difference between high compressed and low? How does it translate to ffb feel?

Similar question answered.

Adrian-
25-09-2017, 08:51
wrong thread ...Sorry

Maurice Boeschen
25-09-2017, 08:52
Hi Guys
I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right thread I'm struggling to get some decent frame rates in this game.
my computer specs are Rayzen 5 1600x @4 GHz 8Gb of DDR4 GTX 1080 8Gb Asus 27inch 144hz monitor running a resolution of 2560 x 1440 could someone share some Graphic setting with a similar system.
Thanks in advance

no, this thread is for Jack Spades Custom Force Feedback files, not for frame rate problems...

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 10:48
Hello, PC g920 user here.

I'm testing J.Spade's ffb txt files, and although I'm having good feelings with them, the point is I don't have ffb at all with kerbs. Can someone give me a orientation about what parameter increase in the files?

Much appreciated

JetPistol1
25-09-2017, 10:54
Is the "-ffb600" start parameter still in effect with the release version?

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 12:20
Hello, PC g920 user here.

I'm testing J.Spade's ffb txt files, and although I'm having good feelings with them, the point is I don't have ffb at all with kerbs. Can someone give me a orientation about what parameter increase in the files?

Much appreciated

Strange, thereīs more than enough of it with the files, FX controls it.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 12:34
Is the "-ffb600" start parameter still in effect with the release version?

Preset default of CSW v2.5 and DD wheels now is 600 Hz, so start parameter is no longer needed, but there was no official statement about the present condition.

SPAZ
25-09-2017, 12:34
Hello, i have G27 and what I need to set in logitech profiler for standard mid?

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 12:52
Strange, thereīs more than enough of it with the files, FX controls it.

Jeah, is strange, even in pcars 1 I don't have kerb ffb. Is curious but I have perfect kerb ffb in fm6 apex and fm7 demo, and AC too, but not in this one. Maybe it's being camouflaged by other forces? I have road feeling ffb but not 3d kerbs...

Jack, inside FX parameters is there one specifically for kerbs?

GTsimms
25-09-2017, 12:59
Jeah, is strange, even in pcars 1 I don't have kerb ffb. Is curious but I have perfect kerb ffb in fm6 apex and fm7 demo, and AC too, but not in this one. Maybe it's being camouflaged by other forces? I have road feeling ffb but not 3d kerbs...

Kerbs should be in next patch!

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 13:03

There probably is deep in the code under the hood, dev territory. But I donīt think it would help you, as mentioned much kerbs, bumps, grass response is there already, I have no idea
what is causing your issue.

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 15:03
There probably is deep in the code under the hood, dev territory. But I donīt think it would help you, as mentioned much kerbs, bumps, grass response is there already, I have no idea
what is causing your issue.

Could it deal with this? (taken from original file):

# Bump -----------------------------------------------
(FL_bump_period (+ (* 0.4 FL_bump_kerb) (* 0.1 FL_bump_track)))
(FL_bump_amplitude (+ (* 0.2 FL_bump_kerb) (* 0.06 FL_bump_track)))
(FL_bump_sharpness 0.99)
(inv_period (/ 1.0 (+ FL_bump_period 0.001)))
(dphase (* FL_vel_x dt inv_period))
(FL_bump (oscillator dphase))
(FL_bump (scoop FL_bump FL_bump_sharpness 0.99))
(FL_bump (* FL_bump FL_load FL_bump_amplitude FL_angvel))
#(FL_bump (split FL_bump 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.4 0.02))

(FR_bump_period (+ (* 0.4 FR_bump_kerb) (* 0.1 FR_bump_track)))
(FR_bump_amplitude (+ (* 0.2 FR_bump_kerb) (* 0.06 FR_bump_track)))
(FR_bump_sharpness 0.99)
(inv_period (/ 1.0 (+ FR_bump_period 0.001)))
(dphase (* FR_vel_x dt inv_period))
(FR_bump (oscillator dphase))
(FR_bump (scoop FR_bump FR_bump_sharpness 0.99))
(FR_bump (* FR_bump FR_load FR_bump_amplitude FR_angvel))
#(FR_bump (split FR_bump 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.4 0.02))

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 15:15
Could it deal with this? (taken from original file):

# Bump -----------------------------------------------
(FL_bump_period (+ (* 0.4 FL_bump_kerb) (* 0.1 FL_bump_track)))
(FL_bump_amplitude (+ (* 0.2 FL_bump_kerb) (* 0.06 FL_bump_track)))
(FL_bump_sharpness 0.99)
(inv_period (/ 1.0 (+ FL_bump_period 0.001)))
(dphase (* FL_vel_x dt inv_period))
(FL_bump (oscillator dphase))
(FL_bump (scoop FL_bump FL_bump_sharpness 0.99))
(FL_bump (* FL_bump FL_load FL_bump_amplitude FL_angvel))
#(FL_bump (split FL_bump 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.4 0.02))

(FR_bump_period (+ (* 0.4 FR_bump_kerb) (* 0.1 FR_bump_track)))
(FR_bump_amplitude (+ (* 0.2 FR_bump_kerb) (* 0.06 FR_bump_track)))
(FR_bump_sharpness 0.99)
(inv_period (/ 1.0 (+ FR_bump_period 0.001)))
(dphase (* FR_vel_x dt inv_period))
(FR_bump (oscillator dphase))
(FR_bump (scoop FR_bump FR_bump_sharpness 0.99))
(FR_bump (* FR_bump FR_load FR_bump_amplitude FR_angvel))
#(FR_bump (split FR_bump 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.4 0.02))

Try it then, donīt forget game restart after edit.

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 15:29
Try it then, donīt forget game restart after edit.

Ok, seems work but not obtaining the effect i'm looking for. i'm driving trough Spa, and passing trough 3d kerbs. Instead of feel rumble the wheel just move left right very slowly...

4.4 FL_bump_kerb (what could be the max scale? 1.0? 10.0? 100.0?

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 15:56
Ok, seems work but not obtaining the effect i'm looking for. i'm driving trough Spa, and passing trough 3d kerbs. Instead of feel rumble the wheel just move left right very slowly...

Scale varies here and there, in this environment 1.0 I guess.

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 16:12
Scale varies here and there, in this environment 1.0 I guess.

Thx, i'll try to do my best.

blot
25-09-2017, 16:19
Jack, Thanks for your continued FFB support and hard work, I wont get to try them untill the weekend but i bet i wont be disappointed! Cheers :)

Thaar
25-09-2017, 16:38
For the T150 what is the recommended setting?

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 16:39

Kerb effect BMW 1M/Oulton Park - standard mid file, FX 50....what more than this? Unfortunately the FFB monitor is tiny in this game.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 16:55
For the T150 what is the recommended setting?

Start with - standard hi comp file, game 100/50/50/50

theVenerable
25-09-2017, 17:22
I get major clipping with my Thrustmaster T150
But If I tweak the settings, I lose some of the needed feedback sensations.
Thrustmaster control panel all on defaults,
Test driving the Caterham seven car.
I guess I'll wait for a T150 profile if someone posts one.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 17:27
I get major clipping with my THrustmaster T150
But If I tweak the settings, I lose some of the needed feedback sensations.
I guess I'll wait for a T150 profile if someone posts one.

Are you sure the file is active? game 100/50/50/50 and with any file there is no clipping.

theVenerable
25-09-2017, 17:30
I put the file in my document PC2 folder (replace the existing one and rename it) And then select custom FFB profile in the game. So yes, I think it is running?

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 17:40
Kerb effect BMW 1M/Oulton Park - standard mid file, FX 50....what more than this? Unfortunately the FFB monitor is tiny in this game.

Yea you are right, i'm trying the same file and is true, i have rumble in some kerbs and not in others, i mean some 3d kerbs are not sending rumble signal (like if they were flat) while others are doing it, so is game develop (not perfect). Your files are great.

briklebritt
25-09-2017, 17:42
@Jack
You use the same hardware like me. Which custom ffb file did you like most and drive with? Would be great when you share your settings. Cannot tell which file i should use with CSW :)

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 17:45
I put the file in my document PC2 folder (replace the existing one and rename it) And then select custom FFB profile in the game. So yes, I think it is running?

Major clipping is when the FFB histogram shows a lot of red on the right led, this should not be the case with the above mentioned settings, the compressor keeps
it below clipping level, if it does show red there something is bugged.

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 17:45
Yea you are right, i'm trying the same file and is true, i have rumble in some kerbs and not in others, i mean some 3d kerbs are not sending rumble signal (like if they were flat) while others are doing it, so is game develop (not perfect). Your files are great.

if you try FM Apex and try for example spa or sebring, you will see the level of rumble i'm talking about.

Is curious because, FM6 and 7 don't have any road feeling but kerbs works cool, and viceversa in this game xD.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 17:46
@Jack
You use the same hardware like me. Which custom ffb file did you like most and drive with? Would be great when you share your settings. Cannot tell which file i should use with CSW :)

standard mid comp

GTsimms
25-09-2017, 17:48

Yes, it's a known issue. Since, the antijolt was implemented the kerbs were reduced. The next patch should fix it as posted on page 18. The fix is not in a custom file other than removing the antijolt lines, but something needing adjustment by AJ!

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 17:53

Some of the kerbs are just paint on tarmac, this is normal on some of the tracks in the real world, but irritating is you get the rumble noise as well, audio teamīs fault.

argent81
25-09-2017, 17:55
Some help with OSW DD Small mige? i

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 17:59
@Jack

Of course mate:

"Jack Spade alternative mid compressor" is the one i'm having better feelings. Just in Logitech gaming software i have set 60% centering spring with 900 degrees, and in game:

- G: 100
- V: 65
- T: 30
- FX: 55
- PW: 50

Deadzones - sensitivity (Wheel,Tro,Bra,Clu):

0 - 100
0 - 100
0 - 100
0 - 80

And, when driving, for example with any gt3 class, i'm very comfortable with 60-40 brake balance and 72 brake pressure.

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 18:02
Yes, it's a known issue. Since, the antijolt was implemented the kerbs were reduced. The next patch should fix it as posted on page 18. The fix is not in a custom file other than removing the antijolt lines, but something needing adjustment by AJ!

Is good to know, because i was strugling my head thinking i was the one experimenting this. However, i had a g29 previously to g920, but sold it for this one. Until i remember g29 had more FFB signal overall...

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 18:02
Some help with OSW DD Small mige? i

Whatīs the issue?

CodenameJack
25-09-2017, 18:05
Some of the kerbs are just paint on tarmac, this is normal on some of the tracks in the real world, but irritating is you get the rumble noise as well, audio teamīs fault.

Wow, that makes a lot of sense, anyways i cannot avoid to do comparissons between FM6's Spa circuit and PC2 Spa's circuit, the kerbs sense are really awesome in FM6 but really bad roadfeel (almost 0).

Oh one more thing: what about cars or wall collisions?? i neither feel anything than my wheels moving a bit, or a lot when i'm out of control but i should feel some rumbles too?? I'm not feeling them...

argent81
25-09-2017, 18:08
Whatīs the issue?

So when i turn i cant feel the center , so after a little movement the car turn a lot, no weight in the wheel . i use the same ac settings in mmos but ac feels great.

you use 1080? wich file do you use?

rosko
25-09-2017, 18:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plywqhLILOQ

Have to say i agree regarding front end grip.

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 18:13
So when i turn i cant feel the center , so after a little movement the car turn a lot, no weight in the wheel . i use the same ac settings in mmos but ac feels great.

you use 1080? wich file do you use?

Perhaps something went wrong with your calibration. CSW v2.5 is 900, for a DD wheel take a low comp file.

theVenerable
25-09-2017, 18:31
I've double checked everything.
Sorry, these setting are just to strong for the Thrustmaster T150. I'm sure they work for many wheels, but certainly not the T150

Paul Hagen
25-09-2017, 18:38
Jack, remember when I wrote to you about that? I had a feeling you would be active for the 2nd installment ;)
Nice work, as far as I can say. Trying mid standard right now with my T500RS. Feels good. Maybe I will check later if another version feels even better.

Thank you!

UltraTM
25-09-2017, 18:38
Sorry, these setting are just to strong for the Thrustmaster T150. I'm sure they work for many wheels, but certainly not the T150

I would also love to have a great file for the T150. Since im new to simulator racing. But the in some case the wheel is shaking a lot.
Would be happy for an good example file for the T150 to get a feeling how it should feel like :)

Jack Spade
25-09-2017, 18:45

Too strong, too loud:confused:...lower the volume.

Too much bumps and kerbs chatter...lower FX.

theVenerable
25-09-2017, 18:50
I tried. But it takes away the sensations that I want to be there. I can't find a setting that give me the FFB, but doesn't include the clipping.
I think the standard settings are actually better for the T150 than these custom ones.
As I say, I'm sure your settings are great, and many people appreciate them. But they don't work well with the T150.

Ramjet
25-09-2017, 23:34
Preset default of CSW v2.5 and DD wheels now is 600 Hz, so start parameter is no longer needed, but there was no official statement about the present condition.

Thanks for the info Jack. I use the custom preset for my AF so it seems I should add -ffb600 to my start line... Correct?

Chad711
26-09-2017, 00:08
To all deadzone removers.
Due to the compression the value could be slightly lower than what you normally used to have set.

Hello what should I be entering for CSW v2.5? Every once in a while
I feel this no FFB for a second when coming from center to either left or right turn. Not sure if that's a good explanation but hope it helps.

Also what should I do about the road noise? Wheel shakes too much for me going down a flat surface. Do I need to try alt mid? Currently using standard mid

Chad711
26-09-2017, 00:11
I tried. But it takes away the sensations that I want to be there. I can't find a setting that give me the FFB, but doesn't include the clipping.
I think the standard settings are actually better for the T150 than these custom ones.
As I say, I'm sure your settings are great, and many people appreciate them. But they don't work well with the T150.

Maybe it's all personal preference. My buddy had the T150 and the standard mid has completely changed his mind about the FFB in this game. He plays AC and iRacing and stated this is the best FFB he's ever had in a game.

Mike W
26-09-2017, 01:40
Maybe it's all personal preference. My buddy had the T150 and the standard mid has completely changed his mind about the FFB in this game. He plays AC and iRacing and stated this is the best FFB he's ever had in a game.

It completely changed my impression of FFB in the game! I have a Fanatec Clubsport V2, and the FFB felt vague with some dead area right in the middle of the wheel. I tried the medium Jack Spade file, and it completely blew me away. Just as I wanted after I turned down some settings on the wheel. The wheel feels alive in the center with great feedback. I was so/so on PCars 2 before, but love it now! Thanks Jack!

koly
26-09-2017, 01:50
i have ts pc racer, and i use ALT MID, it's nice but in the center of the wheel, when i 'm at the top speed, there's an big shake effect, i had this effect in other sims each time minimal force is too high.
I think to feel the virbrator, you had to raise so much value for minimal force, hard to choose, no vibrator or sahking wheel effect ?

theVenerable
26-09-2017, 02:33

From another thread:
""There is an issue with the TM wheels atm. It has surfaced, it was fine during dev!"

I tried the Alternative Mid and put my FX to 0 and gain around 90 - 95
So its 95/50/50/0
This is a lot better. I think the T150 is picking up and amplifying too much road noise/FX which gives a lot of shaking/clipping even when just driving straight.
FX to Zero and gain to 90 - 100 ish seems to greatly help the problem. And I don't seem to be loosing much in the way of sensations- weight distributions feels good, slides feel good, curbs feel good.
Hope that helps anyone else with a T150.

I agree with everyone else, As I thought I would. These Setting are fabulous. Thanks

Kostman22
26-09-2017, 03:56
Can someone please explain to me how to use these files in more detail? So far I have downloaded the files copied them deleted the default ffb file and then pasted the downloaded files . Then in game I set the ffb flavor too custom. I'm assuming I was supposed to change something in the JS files to "Activate" them. Did I miss anything?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX wheel

theVenerable
26-09-2017, 04:31
Can someone please explain to me how to use these files in more detail? So far I have downloaded the files copied them deleted the default ffb file and then pasted the downloaded files . Then in game I set the ffb flavor too custom. I'm assuming I was supposed to change something in the JS files to "Activate" them. Did I miss anything?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX wheel

Hi Kostman. You dont have to do anything that technical.
Make a new folder in your Documents/Project Cars 2 folder and unzip this files into it. Then chose the custom FFB that you want to use. Copy it from the folder, paste it into the place where your original FFb settings file is. Delete the old file, and rename the new one so it is exactly the same name as the old one was.
With this method you will always have all the available custom ffb files to chose in the folder, and can just copy/paste /rename any one you want to try.
Do this before you start the game, because the game requires a restart for the changes to occur.

Gsx31
26-09-2017, 05:28
can see now no success.

There is a thing that I have a little of evil to be understood.
How were they able to take out a game with so many tracks as smoother as a mirror, on whom have has any felt on straight line?

Any person who knows how to make a track for games as Assetto Corsa, Rfactor, Automobolista ... etc. at his home at the house, will manage to make a track with some asphalt which looks like some asphalt, with microbump.

In all other games, there is/are not only scanned tracks, nevertheless in the great majority of the cases, they have all microbump.

For me it is an excellent game. He is much better than PCars 1. But there are really far too many tracks, on which have more wants to run because they are too smooth.
I hope that they are very quickly going to correct

Jack Spade
26-09-2017, 07:06
i have ts pc racer, and i use ALT MID, it's nice but in the center of the wheel, when i 'm at the top speed, there's an big shake effect, i had this effect in other sims each time minimal force is too high.
I think to feel the virbrator, you had to raise so much value for minimal force, hard to choose, no vibrator or sahking wheel effect ?

Especially high downforce cars LMP 1, 2 and open wheelers have a high dynamic, the comp only can deal with it to a certain extent, so in general lower the Volume a bit
when you drive these. Minimal force or Tighten Center in the files is at 2%.

konnos
26-09-2017, 07:13
Do you have any sort of guess as to what the deadzone should be for some of the wheels? I am asking because you mentioned that deadzone should be lower than in PCARS1 since there is compression in the tweak file. I tried going with 9% for my T300 (regular deadzone from 9 to 11) and it was kinda too sudden in the middle, and I now have it at 3 or 5 i cant remember and it's not something I notice unless I remember to.

Jack Spade
26-09-2017, 07:18
Thanks for the info Jack. I use the custom preset for my AF so it seems I should add -ffb600 to my start line... Correct?

There was a statement by AJ in WMD forum some time ago, that DD wheels and the CSW v2.5 donīt need this start line anymore, itīs now default for those wheels.
I donīt know how the game detects whether thereīs DD or not.

Jack Spade
26-09-2017, 07:29
Do you have any sort of guess as to what the deadzone should be for some of the wheels? I am asking because you mentioned that deadzone should be lower than in PCARS1 since there is compression in the tweak file. I tried going with 9% for my T300 (regular deadzone from 9 to 11) and it was kinda too sudden in the middle, and I now have it at 3 or 5 i cant remember and it's not something I notice unless I remember to.

Sorry, I canīt give you a defined value, it depends how much comp is used, Iīm guessing it would not be more than 25% for the most, you simply have to try.

koly
26-09-2017, 09:59
Especially high downforce cars LMP 1, 2 and open wheelers have a high dynamic, the comp only can deal with it to a certain extent, so in general lower the Volume a bit
when you drive these. Minimal force or Tighten Center in the files is at 2%.

it was the porsche 911 red/white/black.
so do you think it's normal that at top speed i have a big vibration exactly when my wheel it's at the center ?
i have noticed your FFB is less smooth/soft than default, i can feel the "teeth" when i turn the wheel.
it's a better FFb but if we can remove the vibration effect at top speed and add the smooth/soft effect like the default when i turn the wheel it would be perfect.

i used alt low/mid maybe i have to use stand mid/high but i feel vibrator only with alt.
is there an option to add vibration when tires are squeaking ? cause we feel nothing at this moment which is normaly strong about sensations.

Kloever
26-09-2017, 10:04
Hi,

Thanks for this FFB file! But, i think i'm missing someting. I have downloaden the Zip and put it in a different folder. I deleted the old ffb_custom_settings file and renamed the standard high comp file to ffb_custom_settings.

In game i changed the settings to custom. But then i don't see anything different then from my old settings. Do i need to change the FFB Settings like Gain mannualy? I'm using the Thrustmaster TMX

Gr. Paul

HeatFire
26-09-2017, 10:09
You will still need to change gain etc manually. the file changes different settings.

Ekona
26-09-2017, 11:23
Jack, just wanted to say a massive thank you for doing this for us all.

I'm using a Thrustmaster TX Xbone wheel and am running your Alt Mid settings at 100/60/50/10, and it feels wonderful. The wheel weights up nicely under load, and the random jittering has gone completely. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain everything as well, especially to those of us like me who really don't understand any of this whatsoever!

Thomas Sikora
26-09-2017, 11:45
Could maybe someone explain the Speed sensitivity Settings for the wheel?
Per Default it was set to Zero, Looks like the wheel is then very sharp. What are the recomendations here for Jacks Files?

Or...is or what is the influence on the steering Ratio?

magicaldog
26-09-2017, 11:59
Wow Thanks a lot mr Spade

This completely transformed the FFB with my Fanatec CSW V1

The "alternative mid comp" feels brilliant !

THANK YOU !

PS

SMS should definitely hire you ;)

DS

Kostman22
26-09-2017, 12:02
thank you

clar4565
26-09-2017, 12:25
Been waiting for this. I really thought it'll take you time to make one lol.

megala
26-09-2017, 12:40
Jack, thank you for putting this together and for all the work you did on PC1. I just bought the game last night and am using my T300RS on a new PC. Couple requests:

1) Could you provide recommended Thrustmaster control panel settings for the T300, T3PA (separate pedals) and TH8A (H-shifter)
2) Are there any other in game settings we should configure when using your files?
3) Would you recommend changing anything if we play in VR? I have a Vive but have not tried it with the game yet.

I experimented a little with the game last night using only the gen6 Camaro since I own the car in RL. The steering felt nothing like the actual car and I was very disappointed. Honestly, the FFB in PC1 with your custom files felt 100x's better than PC2 without any adjustments on raw. I'm really hoping that your settings and files will save the game for me just like they did with PC1. Thank you again for all of your contributions.

Kwazi Pig
26-09-2017, 12:51
Without a doubt magicaldog, why they have not is one of life's great mysteries.
If he does not then Ian needs shooting.
Just kidding Ian :)

Jack Spade
26-09-2017, 13:35
Jack, thank you for putting this together and for all the work you did on PC1. I just bought the game last night and am using my T300RS on a new PC. Couple requests:

1) Could you provide recommended Thrustmaster control panel settings for the T300, T3PA (separate pedals) and TH8A (H-shifter)
2) Are there any other in game settings we should configure when using your files?
3) Would you recommend changing anything if we play in VR? I have a Vive but have not tried it with the game yet.

I experimented a little with the game last night using only the gen6 Camaro since I own the car in RL. The steering felt nothing like the actual car and I was very disappointed. Honestly, the FFB in PC1 with your custom files felt 100x's better than PC2 without any adjustments on raw. I'm really hoping that your settings and files will save the game for me just like they did with PC1. Thank you again for all of your contributions.

1. I donīt have a Thrustmaster so no control panel, perhaps others can help.
2. Not really, start with my suggestion on OP. Volume and Tone controller can be mapped to keyboard or wheel buttons, to deal with various car levels
3. I donīt have VR.

AitchPattern
26-09-2017, 13:38
Without a doubt magicaldog, why they have not is one of life's great mysteries.
If he does not then Ian needs shooting.
Just kidding Ian :)

Agreed. I think the SMS team could benefit massively from the community if they utilised them as contractors now and again.

Even QA testers could be farmed from the community too.
We have people here finding a lot of bugs that perhaps (arguably) should have been caught pre launch, and we have Jacks awesome FFB files that absolutely transform this games FFB from being average (in my experience with my kit) to being very close to the best it's ever been in an SMS game (minus the fact we still lack front end grip/info in comparison to some other titles).

And it was a member of the community that did this? He and others really should be hired and their knowledge skills etc should be retained.

GAT_Montana
26-09-2017, 13:55
Agreed. I think the SMS team could benefit massively from the community if they utilised them as contractors now and again.

Even QA testers could be farmed from the community too.
We have people here finding a lot of bugs that perhaps (arguably) should have been caught pre launch, and we have Jacks awesome FFB files that absolutely transform this games FFB from being average (in my experience with my kit) to being very close to the best it's ever been in an SMS game (minus the fact we still lack front end grip/info in comparison to some other titles).

And it was a member of the community that did this? He and others really should be hired and their knowledge skills etc should be retained.

You know how the development of Project Cars was set up? Just try to figure out what CARS means. I will help a little: Comunity Assisted Racing Simulation :)

valart
26-09-2017, 15:39
He almost saved pc1, pc2 looks very promising! Thank you Jack!

DaWu
26-09-2017, 17:57
Thx man!
Made the FFB on point for me and the game eaven more fun ( using Alt. med ) with T150

pakhooooo
26-09-2017, 18:16
Could maybe someone explain the Speed sensitivity Settings for the wheel?
Per Default it was set to Zero, Looks like the wheel is then very sharp. What are the recomendations here for Jacks Files?

Or...is or what is the influence on the steering Ratio?

Set it to zero will be fine. If you set it higher than zero, the steering angle will adjust according to its traveling speed. Some cars, with elect rack, might act like this in the real world (eg. BMW M4). However, 99% wouldn't. So zero would be fine.

Chad711
26-09-2017, 19:02
Hi Jack,

Asked this earlier but didn't get a response so wanted to post again.

What should I be entering for CSW v2.5 deadzone? Every once in a while
I feel this no FFB for a second when coming from center to either left or right turn. Not sure if that's a good explanation but hope it helps. It also seems to happen when I transition from hitting a curb to coming off of it. Not always but some times.

Also what should I do about the road noise? Wheel shakes too much for me going down a flat surface. Do I need to try alt mid? Currently using standard mid

Thank you

Jack Spade
26-09-2017, 19:29
Hi Jack,

Asked this earlier but didn't get a response so wanted to post again.

What should I be entering for CSW v2.5 deadzone? Every once in a while
I feel this no FFB for a second when coming from center to either left or right turn. Not sure if that's a good explanation but hope it helps. It also seems to happen when I transition from hitting a curb to coming off of it. Not always but some times.

Thank you

Unfortunately I havenīt measured the deadzone of my V2.5 yet, someone mentioned zero, but...? On a V2 itīs 5%.
Actually I had a strange issue today when setting it at zero in a file, extreme force pulling to the right at session start, so I went back to 2% as it was before as test default.
Too much rattle and shake reduce FX, alt files donīt have road noise but more bumps and kerbs again reduce FX if too much.

Chad711
26-09-2017, 19:40
Ok thank you Jack! Any idea when you might get to check your v2.5? If so I will come back here around then to check back with you. Nice work on the custom files!

Edit: Forgot to ask. Where in the file is the deadzone info where i need to edit it? Haven't looked around in these custom files yet.

Edit 2: Maybe I found it?
# Final Tighten for some particularly deadzoney wheels
(output (tighten output device_tighten 0.02))

change that to 0.00?

MARCIOGS
26-09-2017, 19:49
não entendi como fazer a instalaįão.... (3. Ativar - relable seu selecionado para "ffb_custom_settings".

Chad711
26-09-2017, 19:54
não entendi como fazer a instalaįão.... (3. Ativar - relable seu selecionado para "ffb_custom_settings".

All you do is rename the file that you want to use to "ffb_custom_settings.txt" and then place it in the folder "C:\Users\MARCIOGS\Documents\Project CARS 2

Hayabusaa
26-09-2017, 20:19
hi jack, i own a t300 ferrari alcantara and i would like to know if you could recommend any settings for both ingame and FFB settings file.

ty

Crokas
26-09-2017, 20:38
hi jack, i own a t300 ferrari alcantara and i would like to know if you could recommend any settings for both ingame and FFB settings file.

ty

From another post:

1. I donīt have a Thrustmaster so no control panel, perhaps others can help.
2. Not really, start with my suggestion on OP. Volume and Tone controller can be mapped to keyboard or wheel buttons, to deal with various car levels
3. I donīt have VR.

Also Try to use default settings and then tune with the Jack's files.

kondor999
26-09-2017, 20:59
These custom FFB files took the FFB for "Quite Good" to "OMFG Good".

My settings:
TM TX wheel
100% everything in TM control panel, 900deg (of course).
Flavor: Custom :) (standard mid comp)
Gain: 100.
Volume: 25-35 (depends on car, bind buttons to change in-game).
Tone: 70 (50 makes the FFB too sudden IMHO, 70 seems to smear it out across a greater range of wheel movement).
FX: 50

Try the GTP-ZX at Nurburgring GP. It's unbelievably good.

One additional suggestion is to give the cars slower steering where you can (increased steering ratio). Many of the cars (the Jaguar XJR-9 is a good example) have really fast steering that makes them difficult to control. Increasing the steering ratio will make them a lot less twitchy, and the range of steering will better match the on-boards I've seen.