PDA

View Full Version : FFB problem with Fanatec v2.5 Please help!

clanky
22-09-2017, 16:34
So I am struggling big time to get FFB to feel "right". I have a ton of hours in iracing and AC. I even have 115 hours in Project Cars 1. I have tweaked and tweaked and I just can't get the FFB to feel like a racing sim should. I get no feeling of what the front tires are doing. Hell I even ran into a wall a couple of times to see how it reacts and it was like hitting a pebble. I also took the Camaro ZL1 out at Laguna Seca and struggled to run consistent laps no matter what setup I used. Is there something major wrong I am doing because I see a ton of people talking about how good the FFB and handling is, but I just don't get it. Tried Raw, Informative, and immersive and tried moving the sliders around and nothing I did ever felt good. It sucks because I really really want this game to do good and spend more time in it, but if it's hard for me to drive good in a racing sim it seems pretty mute. I did try the LMP cars and it was better, but still not good. Anyone with the Fanatec 2.5 care to share/screenshot their settings so I can give a last shot before I do a refund? I dont think i'll refund it anyways in hopes of it getting patched as much as I enjoyed the first one even if I can't get it right.

Boskapongen
22-09-2017, 16:40
I feel pretty much the same with my V2 base....

RomKnight
22-09-2017, 16:53
Can we know your CSW settings please @clanky

I'm sorry I didn't read the OP. headache and walls of text don't combine. I'm switching my eyes after a few words.

@boskapongen
Settings please? (will update my .sig here. Give me a few minutes)

Gloomy
22-09-2017, 18:18
Edit, posted in the wrong section.

Bwana
22-09-2017, 19:05
Took me 2 hrs but got it feeling quite good , at work now but will post this evening . Used informative . Needed to drop FOR on wheel to 540 everything else's off except ff on 120 . Can't recall in game sliders ATM

z3r0cool77
22-09-2017, 19:25
Have had same problem w g920. Best feel I've got so far is
Raw
Gain 100
Volume 80
Tone 100
Fx 50

Removes most of the surface effects that are masking wheel slip but its still quite hard to feel when the fronts or rears are starting to let go.

Sankyo
22-09-2017, 19:33
Took me 2 hrs but got it feeling quite good , at work now but will post this evening . Used informative . Needed to drop FOR on wheel to 540 everything else's off except ff on 120 . Can't recall in game sliders ATM

FOR on 540? I think you mean SEN? If yes, don't do that as the game assumes full 900 degrees rotation. If you set it smaller, FFB will be off from what it should be.

Bwana
22-09-2017, 19:49
at 900 it seemed to not have correct lock ?? not sure but it feels better, Only gave it 2hrs so far so will look into it more once I get off work.

ps you maybe right ,SEN. middle of a 76 hr night shift at work so brain is a little fried ;) .. was loving longbeach in the Formula A time trialing

Sankyo
22-09-2017, 19:55
at 900 it seemed to not have correct lock ?? not sure but it feels better, Only gave it 2hrs so far so will look into it more once I get off work.

ps you maybe right ,SEN. middle of a 76 hr night shift at work so brain is a little fried ;) .. was loving longbeach in the Formula A time trialing

The game will set a soft lock at the maximum steering angle for each individual car, as long as you set your wheel at maximum rotation angle. If that doesn't work, we'll need to look into that.

transfix
22-09-2017, 20:08

You should leave SENS - Aut and allow the game to dictate the DoR.