PDA

View Full Version : (PS4) bug reporting thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Mrocz
02-10-2017, 09:51
Is anyone experienced problem with manual clutch and downshifting?

It's like the game doesn't register the clutch disengaging, so it gets stuck on downshifts. It is problem only in some cars. For example Nissan Skyline Group A works great, but Audi V8 DTM stalls engine while downshifting. I am not sure is it a bug or it is supposed to work that way. Most of group C cars and GTO cars also have this problem. It is like the game is forcing you to use "heel and toe" technique, and to be honest I am not good at it :D

I am using T300RS with TH8A Shifter and T3PA pedals.

Sorry if it was already reported, but i couldn't find this here.

Tavilha
02-10-2017, 13:42
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I use the T300rs ferrari 599 evo edition with a th8a shifter and t3pa pedals.

I'm experiencing lots of trouble with car setups. They keep saving incorrectly (maybe under other cars) and I can't load them or find them the next time I'm on track. When I save a new setup, a popup comes up saying it already exists with that name.
Rallycross lite Ice racing in career mode:
- on the Norway track I manually select the ice tyres but the AI is 10sec per lap faster
- on the other tracks, it's the other way around. The ice tyres are selected correctly and the AI is 10-20sec slower per lap

Knockhill rallycross track:
- it assumes a joker lap on the normal circuit (single player and multiplayer) and gives you a penalty for taking more than 1 joker lap even if you don't take any

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 13:50
^ Thanks for the report.
All are known issues.

superdry
02-10-2017, 14:01
Is anyone experienced problem with manual clutch and downshifting?

It's like the game doesn't register the clutch disengaging, so it gets stuck on downshifts. It is problem only in some cars. For example Nissan Skyline Group A works great, but Audi V8 DTM stalls engine while downshifting. I am not sure is it a bug or it is supposed to work that way. Most of group C cars and GTO cars also have this problem. It is like the game is forcing you to use "heel and toe" technique, and to be honest I am not good at it :D

I am using T300RS with TH8A Shifter and T3PA pedals.

Sorry if it was already reported, but i couldn't find this here.

I also get this issue. The shifts (both up and down) and very slow but particularly downshifts don't seem to be recognised.

When downshifting, it feels like it doesn't recognise the clutch being pressed and the shift is treated like a mis-shift. The car then engages the gear and the back wheels often lock up.

On the Ford Sierra Cosworth, upchanges to 3/4/5th gear aren't recognised unless you go through the gear box very slowly. It happens on the 2002 Stancework too.

speedy23
02-10-2017, 14:14
I'm using T300RS Alcantara ed. with TH8A Shifter and T3PA pedals.
I confirm shift issue (BMW group-5, Nissan GTO, ...), also in up-shift, like if you don't press clutch. This appens trying to shift fast (didn't appens in PC1).

GBO Possum
02-10-2017, 15:46
I've been having difficulties setting the steering parameters. I found that to get around even the widest of corners (think Big Willow) requires multiple rotations of my wheel. So many rotations that the only way to get around is to slow right down.

My workaround was to calibrate the wheel with about 40 when it asked for 90. This is very inexact and still not great.

I think I have found out why

Here's a replay in cockpit view showing my avatar driver turning his arms into pretzels in the Ginetta G40 Junior

There is no way that a real Ginetta has such a steering box ratio

https://youtu.be/Yd1sAV7-GJU

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 15:59
^ It looks to me that you haven't set up your wheel correctly.
Turn completely all the way to left or right = 100, click next.
Then re-center your wheel and turn to 90 deg hold it there and click save.

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 16:06
I agree with Roger, that don't look right at all.

You sure your car setup hasn't got a really low steering ratio?

EDIT - I have the G29 wheel following the exact set up guide the game gave me and my wheel turns exactly the same as the wheel in the cockpit view, and it certainly doesn't turn multiple times like in your video.

GBO Possum
02-10-2017, 16:26
^ It looks to me that you haven't set up your wheel correctly.
Turn completely all the way to left or right = 100, click next.
Then re-center your wheel and turn to 90 deg hold it there and click save.

That's what I tried the first time around. Exactly.

When I did that, it was a nightmare negotiating the sweepers on Big Willow. It was as though the track was made up of hairpin bends. So I set wheel sensitivity to 100, did the turn to 100 thing, and on the next step, instead of turning to 90, I turned to about 40.

That recipe made cars drivable. Until then it was almost impossible to drive anywhere at high speed

I'm thinking that the parameters I set for my physical wheel should not affect the Ginetta's (virtual) steering geometry!

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 16:29
^ By the way what wheel are you using?
And have you set it up correctly in it's control panel?

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 16:30
So I set wheel sensitivity to 100

There's a BIG mistake!! Change it back to 50, I wouldn't touch that setting at all

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 16:30
Yep correct.... good spot.

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 16:38
GBO, try driving the car with your controller too, see if it has the same problem. If so, car set up is bad, if not, wheel set up!!

jbuzza
02-10-2017, 16:48
Is there a definitive list of PS4 bugs ? Trying to plot a career path that avoids the tyre warming, ice etc issues ?

GBO Possum
02-10-2017, 16:52
I agree with Roger, that don't look right at all.

You sure your car setup hasn't got a really low steering ratio?

EDIT - I have the G29 wheel following the exact set up guide the game gave me and my wheel turns exactly the same as the wheel in the cockpit view, and it certainly doesn't turn multiple times like in your video.

I can't find a place to change a car's steering ratio. Tyres, brakes, chassis, suspension, dampers, ECU, engine, gearing and differential. Pretty much everything except steering.

^ By the way what wheel are you using?
And have you set it up correctly in it's control panel?
Logitech G29 wheel. As far as "correctly", how would I know what is "correct"? Certainly, the defaults don't work, and that why I went off experimenting. "Defaults" in this game seem "slightly mad", like the shutter speed of a third of a second in the drone camera!

There's a BIG mistake!! Change it back to 50, I wouldn't touch that setting at all
I'll try setting it to 50.

Thank you guys for your responses. I appreciate it!

By the way, I'm looking at the Tuning Setup screen. In the top right, it shows my tire pressures are in PSI. In the part of the screen which allows for adjustments it's specified in "bars", not PSI. Oh, and changing from 1.55 bars to 2.50 bars has absolutely no affect on the PSI, nor on the "bars" below the adjustment element.

Oh heck. I was looking at the Tuning Setup, and the display switched to Free Practice without me touching anything! Wow! How do I get back to the previous screen? The "circle" button doesn't do it!

EDIT:-
I'm set up for USA measurement units which is why I see PSI at the top of the screen I guess. And temperatures (ambient and track) in F. However, tyre temperatures are in C it would seem. Whilst not stated as C, the "24 deg" looks like Celsius. Wind speed is in mph, fuel is in kg. Maybe the wheelbase is in cubits? (Just kidding)

Holblood
02-10-2017, 16:56
when doing quali, i drove the pole time. Then i skipped it to the end and i was on the last place. I drove in the GT3 class with the LMP3 & LMP2 in the same race. When i skipped it to the end one of the GT3 cars had driven a lap time faster then the whole field by 50 sec!!!!!!

That is just frustrating af! I dont want to quali for a whole hour. But when i skipp the quali the whole field just got 3 bottles of nitrous and 6 fcking turbo's.......

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 17:01
Logitech G29 wheel. As far as "correctly", how would I know what is "correct"? Certainly, the defaults don't work, and that why I went off experimenting.

I have the same wheel, and it isn't over steering like that. It must be your set up of the wheel mate. Reset it, change deadzone to 0.0, steering sensitivity to 50, then recalibrate wheel and do exactly what it says, full turn to left, then 90 degrees as in image.

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 17:07
I can't find a place to change a car's steering ratio. Tyres, brakes, chassis, suspension, dampers, ECU, engine, gearing and differential. Pretty much everything except steering.

It's under the Suspension tab, click R2 to move over to it. A higher steering ratio means that the steering wheel is turned more to get the wheels turning, but it will be easier to turn the steering wheel. A lower steering ratio means that the steering wheel is turned less to get the wheels turning, but it will be harder to turn the steering wheel

GBO Possum
02-10-2017, 20:03
I have the same wheel, and it isn't over steering like that. It must be your set up of the wheel mate. Reset it, change deadzone to 0.0, steering sensitivity to 50, then recalibrate wheel and do exactly what it says, full turn to left, then 90 degrees as in image.

Before trying recalibration, I only changed steering sensitivity to 50. That didn't seem to change much, and the driver avatar was still having to wind up arms. Video of turn 2 at Big Willow below

https://youtu.be/aoEqAmKuTqE

So I then changed steering sensitivity back to 100, which felt slightly better for me, and the avatar was a whole lot happier. Video below

https://youtu.be/nNQulyX1GzU

Then, feeling guilty that I had not tried all your recommended changes, I did so. That put me right back to being unable to drive fast because I couldn't turn the wheel fast enough. Turn 2 at Big Willow was impossible at speed

To get around this, I tried experimenting with the calibration again. I did step one as requested, full lock and click "next". As before I modified step 2, which asked me to turn to 90 degrees. I tried 45 degrees, but the result was still too indirect. Then I tried about 30 degrees and now have the directness of steering needed. The avatar is back to crazy arm movements, but while that's distracting, it's not a game stopper.

It's under the Suspension tab, click R2 to move over to it. A higher steering ratio means that the steering wheel is turned more to get the wheels turning, but it will be easier to turn the steering wheel. A lower steering ratio means that the steering wheel is turned less to get the wheels turning, but it will be harder to turn the steering wheel

SMH! Of course "steering ratio" is there! I'm feeling like an idiot. Sorry.

Anyway, the Ginetta G40 Junior defaults to 14.0:1. Google found me a website suggesting a number very close, and 14 is a quite direct steering for a road car. I'm not encouraged to mess with this and take it out of spec just yet. I don't want to have to mess with every car in the game. Clearly, the G40's steering ratio is not what defines the steering wheel movements since I have not altered the ratio and yet have experienced a variety of visual behaviors.

I'd be happier if the avatar's steering behavior matched the car's geometry. I'd be happier if the calibration instructions resulted in a drivable car, however...

...bottom line is that the G40 is now drivable again as a result of the "30 degree" workaround above, and I'm hopeful that that drivability will carry over into the other cars in the game

Thank you

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 20:31
Very strange GBO? I don't seem to have that issue, so feel for you there?

One other thing you could do once you're happy with the steering weight etc, turn off the wheel and driver so you don't see his hands flying all over the place?

Options > Gameplay > Onscreen Guides & Display > Cockpit Wheel/Driver

Civic
03-10-2017, 04:41
GBO Possum

You did things in the wrong order giving you misleading results.

Steering sensitivity determines the games response to your input. A setting of 50 always means 1:1 input. A setting higher than 50 means the game input will respond quicker and lower than 50 means slower than 1:1.

So if you set it to 50 and calibrated your wheel and did not adjust other settings your wheel on screen should match your input. If not it is most likely user error.

Steering ratio if implemented correctly shouldn't effect your on screen drivers movements, steering ratio effects how much the cars wheel turns in relation to the steering input.

sirsilver1968
03-10-2017, 06:38
Does the vette zo6 have a h shifter transmission because i have noticed the paddle shifters on the wheel and the driver shifts using the h shifter and im certain the zo6 has a head up display.

Dirtryder
03-10-2017, 08:20
Over the weekend I have lost the split times display for previous laps that is normally shown just below the rear view mirror.I have always had this displayed but the other day it just disappeared. I have gone into the HUD editor, it still shows as being on full but no go. I have tried turning off and saving and back on again, no go. It is no longer there on all cars and tracks I have tried since it disappeared. Has anyone else got this bug.
On a side note, congratulations guys on this game, I did struggle with it for the first few days and some cars are difficult to drive but on the whole, wow. I can only image how good this will be once some of the issue we are having are fixed. As it is the game is very playable, although I know some are having serious issues.
Again, well done and thanks.

porkovich
03-10-2017, 08:48
I will add one more thing, that concerns FFB and T300RS. First i was skeptical, but than more people confirmed similar behavior - When I first star the game, fresh, my FFB settings are resulting in much more powerful forces, and after some time, several laps, the FFB is getting liter. The forces are there, but not that strong as first. The problem is that i spent more than 20 hours only trying to set up the FFB and was confused why at one point it's ok, at another is too much or not enough. This is a major problem...

DaveB87
03-10-2017, 10:33
I've noticed that headlights don't reflect off anything in the environment during the day - where they used to in PCars1 - tried with multiple cars too

Gr8_Lakes
03-10-2017, 10:46
PS4 with T300. Racing online experienced a race start with very low FFB. Did qually, and started race with the low FFB. Another racer got along side me after a couple laps and BAM!!! all of a sudden I had full FFB in my wheel. Had full FFB for the rest of the race. Started another race in the same lobby and had full FFB for qually and full race.

Civic
03-10-2017, 11:20
Over the weekend I have lost the split times display for previous laps that is normally shown just below the rear view mirror.I have always had this displayed but the other day it just disappeared. I have gone into the HUD editor, it still shows as being on full but no go. I have tried turning off and saving and back on again, no go. It is no longer there on all cars and tracks I have tried since it disappeared. Has anyone else got this bug.
On a side note, congratulations guys on this game, I did struggle with it for the first few days and some cars are difficult to drive but on the whole, wow. I can only image how good this will be once some of the issue we are having are fixed. As it is the game is very playable, although I know some are having serious issues.
Again vellas done and thanks.

Did you cycle away from full. Try the left direction button to cycle through them all when you are driving.

I actually find this option really use full to be able to have light set to my main driving HUD and have full set with extra info I can quickly switch to check.

Civic
03-10-2017, 11:26
I will add one more thing, that concerns FFB and T300RS. First i was skeptical, but than more people confirmed similar behavior - When I first star the game, fresh, my FFB settings are resulting in much more powerful forces, and after some time, several laps, the FFB is getting liter. The forces are there, but not that strong as first. The problem is that i spent more than 20 hours only trying to set up the FFB and was confused why at one point it's ok, at another is too much or not enough. This is a major problem...

FFB changes in different cars and different weather conditions and grip levels.

PS4 with T300. Racing online experienced a race start with very low FFB. Did qually, and started race with the low FFB. Another racer got along side me after a couple laps and BAM!!! all of a sudden I had full FFB in my wheel. Had full FFB for the rest of the race. Started another race in the same lobby and had full FFB for qually and full race.

And FFB also changes based on setups which can be effected by damage and tyre wear can also effect FFB. I did an hour race on Soft Slicks, those last few laps I was worried about my G29 getting damaged from the high frequency vibrations.

D-Vibes
03-10-2017, 11:57
The game was tested by external companies? if so, please change the company and reclaim your money SMS. What did they tested? Nothing?
There are so many obviously bugs in the game, its horrible.

SMS put out an unfinished game again and we are the beta testers.

Hope we get a patch asap.. the current version of the game is really a joke.

If this the quality sms stands for??

Dirtryder
03-10-2017, 12:10
Yep, tried cycling through from full to off and back on and used the left d pad on track to cycle the HUD off an on. All no go.

AlexVangeen
03-10-2017, 12:12
1. On launch of the game the starting title goes grey, makes a weird noise, freezes twice then starts
2. Once the menu has loaded it takes 2-3 minutes before I can select anything
3. No UDP settings for App
4. Keyboards do not work for button assignments
5. G29 Wheels have no feel
6. Rear view mirror graphics very low res
7. No option for a warm up pre race
8. Unable to switch between “identical”, “Same Class” & “multi class” without starting a whole new lobby.
9. No further advanced tyre wear rates like in pCars 1
10. Would be nice to have increased fuel flow rates
11. Setups don’t save and come up with wrong track names and the whole process is very clunky
12. Very long wait time once selecting your car lin online lobby
13. Very long wait time when going in to set ups
14 game freezes in pre race screen and the save icon stays and never goes
15. If you run out of time and do not confirm “ready” on pre race screen you do not get to start the race and get put in the pits.
16 invisible wall at spa between la source and raddion
17. Slow down speed up glitch at Sugo at turn 7 (I think)
18. Only hard and soft tyres no medium tyres (GT3)
19 run off areas go see through at COTA
20. Lobby chat audio is so crackly and loud it gives you a headache

Despite all this the physics are great and once in track and it’s all working it’s lovely to drive but please sort all these things as it’s rendering the game unplayable online

GBO Possum
03-10-2017, 14:19
Very strange GBO? I don't seem to have that issue, so feel for you there?

One other thing you could do once you're happy with the steering weight etc, turn off the wheel and driver so you don't see his hands flying all over the place?

Options > Gameplay > Onscreen Guides & Display > Cockpit Wheel/Driver

Thank you SO much for this guidance!

Removing this is a great option, since it declutters the screen (and I can see my actual wheel and hands)!

Hats off to SMS for thinking of this.

GBO Possum
03-10-2017, 14:46
GBO Possum

You did things in the wrong order giving you misleading results.

Steering sensitivity determines the games response to your input. A setting of 50 always means 1:1 input. A setting higher than 50 means the game input will respond quicker and lower than 50 means slower than 1:1.

So if you set it to 50 and calibrated your wheel and did not adjust other settings your wheel on screen should match your input. If not it is most likely user error.

Steering ratio if implemented correctly shouldn't effect your on screen drivers movements, steering ratio effects how much the cars wheel turns in relation to the steering input.

Hi Civic

I appreciate your suggestion about changing the sequence of the settings. I tried it.

1. Set steering sensitivity to 50
2. Calibrated full lock to actual full lock, up against the stop
3. Calibrated the 90 thing to actual 90 as close as I can estimate

The result was not good. Again, I could not make it around turn 2 on Big Willow at speed. It required steering input similar to a hairpin bend on a mountain pass

So I went back into wheel settings, and

1. Sensitivity = 100
3. Calibrated the 90 thing to actual 30 as close as I can estimate

Back to Big Willow and the steering behavior was perfect.

PS I didn't mess with the car's steering ratio, that's stock

Roger Prynne
03-10-2017, 14:58
I've noticed that headlights don't reflect off anything in the environment during the day - where they used to in PCars1 - tried with multiple cars too

Design choice to save some computing power on the consoles.

Dirtryder
03-10-2017, 20:16
Why does selecting soft tyres on setup not carry over to a default tune room like pc1 did. Please fix this. In fact there are several settings that need to carry over to default tune rooms like tyre pleaser brake pressure, etc.

Civic
03-10-2017, 21:31
Hi Civic

I appreciate your suggestion about changing the sequence of the settings. I tried it.

1. Set steering sensitivity to 50
3. Calibrated the 90 thing to actual 90 as close as I can estimate

The result was not good. Again, I could not make it around turn 2 on Big Willow at speed. It required steering input similar to a hairpin bend on a mountain pass

So I went back into wheel settings, and

1. Sensitivity = 100
3. Calibrated the 90 thing to actual 30 as close as I can estimate

Back to Big Willow and the steering behavior was perfect.

PS I didn't mess with the car's steering ratio, that's stock
You are clearly having a strange issue. I forgot, what wheel are you using again?

I think if I was having your issue I might have deleted the game and tried re-installing to see if that fixes this strange behaviour.

Civic
03-10-2017, 21:36
Why does selecting soft tyres on setup not carry over to a default tune room like pc1 did. Please fix this. In fact there are several settings that need to carry over to default tune rooms like tyre pleaser brake pressure, etc.

No I don't agree. Nothing should ever carry over to the games default tune.

GBO Possum
03-10-2017, 22:38
You are clearly having a strange issue. I forgot, what wheel are you using again?

I think if I was having your issue I might have deleted the game and tried re-installing to see if that fixes this strange behaviour.

It's a Logitech G29, or more exactly, a G920 connected via DriveHub which makes it look like a G29. The DriveHub community has not had similar issues with that physical wheel on PS4 games, and are sure it's not a DriveHub problem

Anyway, I have it working just fine now with my workaround, so I'm not going to mess with delete/reinstal

Thank you for continuing to monitor my situation!

Civic
03-10-2017, 22:46
Okay. Yeah I use a G29 and thankfully I haven't had that issue.

GBO Possum
04-10-2017, 00:07
Time Trial

1. California Highway Reverse

In my experience, I get flagged for a dirty lap part way through the "loop" (the 270 degree bend), just before the patched asphalt on the left. Video capture - https://youtu.be/LHO7S8eI_n4

I notice that the leaderboard is empty, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one

2. California Highway Segment 2

There's a place where I get the dirty flag and I don't think I should. I also notice that there are fewer than 10 in the leaderboard. Here's a video capture - https://youtu.be/zibMdQl8-9Q

3. I did get one "clean" run, but it didn't show up. Is that because I have not subscribed to PlayStation Plus?

speedy23
04-10-2017, 07:09
last night:

- I joined a GT3 lobby at Laguna Seca, weather conditions: random in qualifying, cloudless in the race (5 laps). Qualy was snowing (OK), but race started cloudless than began to rain strong. At the end of session, returning to lobby I verified that race was cloudless. Is this a bug?

- suddenly the lobby list stopped working, filters were no longer applied, pressing "X", instead of joining, ordered the highlighted column, pressing "O" did not exit. I had to forced close the application

Zenzic
04-10-2017, 07:19
Practice, qualifying and race with the Cayman GT4 at Watkins Glen in career mode: telemetry screen colors for the temperature of the left front tire are wrong. The inside of the tire was hotter than the outside, yet the color of the tire showed the opposite: bright green on the outside, dark green on the inside. The other tires had their colors displayed correctly.

ProjectCARSFiend
04-10-2017, 07:54
These are some things I've found while I've been playing:

- (Not so much a bug, just something that needs refining) A lot of times, when my pit crew goes to change my tires, they appear to put the replacement tire through the edges of the wheel guard on my car. And also, something else I should mention, when they have your spare tires sitting down either sides of your car, sometimes they appear to sit nearly halfway into the ground.
- This one is a pit stop bug, sometimes your pit crew doesn't actually seem attach your new tires after they use the wheel gun. You don't drive off with no tires, it's just a weird animation that happens that's hard to explain here. Almost like the animation of them using the wheel gun happens, they just don't remove your old tire and then they're like "off you go".
- For some reason, AI cars are unrealistically quick and aren't as cautious as YOU need to be when for example it's raining. I can't speak for other types of weather like snow, just rain, as that's all I've experienced.
- And when I restart a race after I've received any amount of damage, that damage still is present.

Biddrace
04-10-2017, 08:33
when it comes to car setup it does not make you choose intermediate rain tires .. but just wet ... one mistake because if it rains a little go out with the wet tires ... while if it comes to the resting boxes or in the strategy what you do before makes you choose the intermediate ...

ru5ty
04-10-2017, 08:35
Not sure if I'm reading it wrong on the telemetry or what but my tires say they are over 400 degrees celsius and pushing 500 degrees. It seems pretty hot.

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 08:37
Not sure if I'm reading it wrong on the telemetry or what but my tires say they are over 400 degrees celsius and pushing 500 degrees. It seems pretty hot.

Can you do a Screenshot please.

ru5ty
04-10-2017, 08:49
Can you do a Screenshot please.

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 09:05
Thanks for the SS.

That's the brake temps.
The tyre temps are the 3 above the tyre (outside, middle and inner)

Dirtryder
04-10-2017, 09:25
It did in pc1. Most of the issues if you don't are that cars tyres overheat on the rear and are cold on the front or vise versa making them impossible to drive. Pc2 seems to have many cars where the tyres do not heat up at all. Only makes sense to have these adjustable even in a default room.

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 09:33
^ What/who are you replying to?

Dirtryder
04-10-2017, 09:34
No I don't agree. Nothing should ever carry over to the games default tune.

Could adjust these on pc1. Issue is, if tyre pressures etc cannot be adjusted on some cars rears overhear ondvd fronts stay cold or vise versa making the car unrivalled. Some pc2 cars tyres do not heat at all. Only makes sense to be able to adjust some basic things. The incoming tyre pressures can be adjusted in the pit strategy so why not the initial set.
Roll bars were adjustable as we're TCS and ABS settings on the fly.

Don-09141955
04-10-2017, 11:33
" I've seen a cone bounce down the track faster than my car hit it, then bounce upwards out of sight, seemingly into orbit. Funny".......EXCELLENTE! LOL!

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 11:50

Not a bug but a feature, it was changed to allow for AI running headlights during the day without impacting performance too much.

Civic
04-10-2017, 12:03
It did in pc1. Most of the issues if you don't are that cars tyres overheat on the rear and are cold on the front or vise versa making them impossible to drive. Pc2 seems to have many cars where the tyres do not heat up at all. Only makes sense to have these adjustable even in a default room.

Start each session by going to the tuning section and saving when you exit. I can't be sure if it is related but since I have started doing this I haven't experienced the cold tyre bug.

Civic
04-10-2017, 12:07
I don't know if this is a bug but tonight my FFB strength has been changing each time I start a new session. When I first jumped on in the Ferrari I had to check nothing had changed because my FFB was very weak but nothing was changed and from that point each new session I have started in the Ferrari has resulted in it feeling either stronger or weaker.

lucas_mon
04-10-2017, 12:11
Hello!
I was playing career mode and change my setup and saved it. But after skip the career mode and make a single race, I can't find my data file on the setup menu after return to the career mode.

Example: I was playing formula rookie in career and than Indycar on single race. When I return to the career mode, the setup data loaded is Indycar, not formula rookie. The only way is close the game and restart it.

Do you have some news about updates to fix all these problems?
Thanks

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 12:33
It's in the works and will be in a patch SMSoon.
Actually there is plenty of threads/posts about it.

Edit: Moved to correct thread.

Damasosoy
04-10-2017, 13:33
In two races online whose the final was tight and i win por 2 meters, then after the race line the other car pass me and he win the race, are you kiddin me? This is not serious

SPEEDY McSPEEDYFACE
04-10-2017, 14:24
Anybody having issues with the race position indicator. Mine displays 99/99 and has done from the beginning of the game offline and online. I’m on PS4 pro if that helps

GBO Possum
04-10-2017, 17:12
Surely the Race Director should invalidate this drive on California Highway?

Hit the wall twice in the first ten seconds

https://youtu.be/P4W45W9b3PE

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 17:46
^ Why? he only hit the armco but still had two wheels on the road, it would have actually made him slower.

GBO Possum
04-10-2017, 18:17
^ Why? he only hit the armco but still had two wheels on the road, it would have actually made him slower.

I'm sure I have been penalized in similar situations, but maybe you're right

I'll experiment with a crash into Armco with two wheels on track on other circuits

Have you tried to get a clean lap on California Highway Reverse?

Henri5gt
04-10-2017, 19:18
this is a report regarding the 'skip to end' bug. it's probably mentioned mutlple times, but i experienced a related issue. i just did a GT4 career race on the short Nurburgring, on which i did use qyalify, i know ther's a problem that you get set back on the grid when you skip to the end in qually, but i ran through the entire qualify until the end, ended it on pole with a 2 second lead on P2, but when the race started, i got set back on the grid around 7th or 8th regardless of the qualy.

i also did 2 manufacturer drives, more specificly the 2nd and 3rd race for Aston Martin, on which i did do the qualify, got pole on both occasions, but had to start the race dead last.

hossa
04-10-2017, 20:12
According to my ps4pro, I've been playing this game for about 14h - career only.

In this time a experienced about 10-15 major issues which I also contributed to this forum.
And I am not talking about flying tires or missing cars in replays - which do not influence the driving itself, I'm talking about random AI, the ludicrous tracking of times, random grid positions, the inability to save cars setups properly, undriveable cars (like the mclaren F1 invitation) or free joker laps (I just finished all RX events in career. On knockhill every car gets a joker lap after lap 1. - you really have to drive on the right hand patch of grass of the normal route to prevent another joker lap and penalties!)

What I don't understand is:

A) How could these major issues (that so many people are complaining about) not be obvious to the so often mentioned beta-testers? How long did they play? What were their tasks / aims? Twiddle with the options menu and take photos of the cars? I've only played about 14h and driving my 6th season in career. This shouldn't be too much for a beta tester.

B) Why does no one of the mod / devs / sms really pay attention to the people here talking about serious issues and reply in an adequate and non-slapdash way? The only reply that I got was a banning of a thread after I found the first issues. Why, on the other hand, do mods friendly and cheerfully help out when minor "problems" come up here, like how to save the game or what's the best setting for the DS4? (that's no comparison!) The only responses we, users and issue reporters, get are "there was a beta test phase -
we know about this bug - working on it - coming in our patches"

C) Speaking of patches: where is the first for ps4? You've been talking about it for almost 2 weeks now. I'm tired of restarting races because accidently I'm starting P7 instead of P1, but after restarting the event I'm P1 again. I'm tired of exiting the game because I start with -1 lap in RX events, but after starting the whole game again, everything works fine in the race. I'm driving numerous qualifyings in invitation races, get pole and wait til the end of session but eventually start from last position in the race! I don't want to wait 30min til the end of a qualifying because - I already did this in PCars1!

Could anyone (Mod / sms / dev) PLEASE take care of my point B) and really, honestly answer my questions A) - C)?

Olijke Poffer
04-10-2017, 20:44
A) How could these major issues (that so many people are complaining about) not be obvious to the so often mentioned beta-testers? How long did they play? What did they do? Twiddle with the options menu and take photos of the cars? I've only played about 14h and driving my 6th season in career. This shouldn't be too much for a beta tester.

I asked this myself several times and asked this here on the forum as well. How is it possible that this amount of bugs made it through the release version..
I know about the release date and it must be released on this date but with this amount of bugs.....

porkovich
04-10-2017, 20:59
I asked this myself several times and asked this here on the forum as well. How is it possible that this amount of bugs made it through the release version..
I know about the release date and it must be released on this date but with this amount of bugs.....

It’s very simple, they made the game on the PC and with the amount of things they had in mind and the time untill release they focused on the PC version. I am sure they eather have dedicated a small team or just has outsourced the console version. Many if not all do it. Test on PC and than port, but the porting takes time and they need money, so here we have it. A payed beta version of a game that is much more consistent on PC. We first saw console footage 2/3 weeks before release.
What pisses me most is the term - properly tested, used by Ian Bell, where he perfectly, of all other, knows the state of the console version and the unfinished stuff there. Moderators are trying to calm down the angry consumers, but if things get nasty, you are been told to shut up and wait. At least they could have given some enthusiastic PC1 console players a free beta test and recieve feedback at the right time, couse the testing team was pointless as we see now :)

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 21:06
B)Why does no one of the mod / devs / sms really pay attention to the people here talking about serious issues and reply in an adequate and non-slapdash way? The only reply that I got was a banning of a thread after I found the first issues. Why, on the other hand, do mods friendly and cheerfully help out when minor "problems" come up here, like how to save the game or what's the best setting for the DS4? (that's no comparison!) The only responses we, users and issue reporters, get are "there was a beta test phase -
we know about this bug - working on it - coming in our patches"

We do pay attention and ALL bugs are recorded/logged and sent to the Devs.
We also do try and and be as friendly as possible but when we get abuse/slander etc against the Mods/Devs/SMS we have to act in a accordance with the forum rules and deal with these people.
Also what more do you expect than us telling you that the bug/s are(Known, Working on it and it's coming in a patch) as we cant pull the solutions out of our ass no can we.

GBO Possum
04-10-2017, 21:59
We do pay attention and ALL bugs are recorded/logged and sent to the Devs.
We also do try and and be as friendly as possible but when we get abuse/slander etc against the Mods/Devs/SMS we have to act in a accordance with the forum rules and deal with these people.
Also what more do you expect than us telling you that the bug/s are(Known, Working on it and it's coming in a patch) as we cant pull the solutions out of our ass no can we.

As a retired Product Manager, I'm totally sympathetic to your situation, Roger. It's always a heck of a lot better for us consumers to see ourselves as potentially part of the solution, rather than rock-throwers.

So I have some questions for you centered around "how can we best help SMS improve this product and design the next ones?"

First step first. Improvement.

Is this thread THE vehicle for reporting bugs and requesting improvements?
Do you also collect from GTPlanet thread(s)? Which one do you prefer?
How would you like us to report bugs? In other words, what would your ideal bug report look like? If I were a PCars2 Product Manager, I'd hope to see:-

Short description
Software level (from the main PCars2 screen, bottom right corner)
Severity, something like
Sev 1 - Critical issue, crash or data loss
Sev 2 - Major issue, but no crash or data loss and no workaround
Sev 3 - Issue, with no crash or data loss and a workaround exists.
Sev 4 - Fit and finish issues.
My priority, which may not totally align with the Severity code, example a certain Sev 4 might be a real showstopper for me
Area affected
Long description
How to reproduce it
Workarounds

Useful bug reporting is hard work, however I'm prepared to put that work in if it will help

Thoughts?

hossa
05-10-2017, 05:51
Thanks for the reply, roger. I know that you don't have the solution at hand and I do hope that you really track ALL the bugs, because there are a) so many of them and b) old bugs which haven't been solved in pcars1 - so you can understand my doubts and frustration that I fear they will never be solved, can't you.

Unfortunately, you can't give us an expected date for the upcoming patch or which issues are prioritised in it (because you probably don't have the insight to it) nor can you shed some light on the ominous beta-testers.

the game really does look great, after a couple of changes the g29 and ffb it also feels good, but there are really so many things wrong about the actual driving that I'm biting my wheel from time to time. The parts that work are fun - if you know where the bugs are you can circumvent them (in many cases) but then suddenly a new issue pops up. Look at the other rally racing game with the orange cover - there were and are no major bugs since day 1.

with pcars2 it's like forrest gump once put it: "
THE GAME IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES - YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA GET" - races might work or not.

Sankyo
05-10-2017, 07:07
As a retired Product Manager, I'm totally sympathetic to your situation, Roger. It's always a heck of a lot better for us consumers to see ourselves as potentially part of the solution, rather than rock-throwers.

So I have some questions for you centered around "how can we best help SMS improve this product and design the next ones?"

First step first. Improvement.

Is this thread THE vehicle for reporting bugs and requesting improvements?
Do you also collect from GTPlanet thread(s)? Which one do you prefer?
How would you like us to report bugs? In other words, what would your ideal bug report look like? If I were a PCars2 Product Manager, I'd hope to see:-

Short description
Software level (from the main PCars2 screen, bottom right corner)
Severity, something like
Sev 1 - Critical issue, crash or data loss
Sev 2 - Major issue, but no crash or data loss and no workaround
Sev 3 - Issue, with no crash or data loss and a workaround exists.
Sev 4 - Fit and finish issues.
My priority, which may not totally align with the Severity code, example a certain Sev 4 might be a real showstopper for me
Area affected
Long description
How to reproduce it
Workarounds

Useful bug reporting is hard work, however I'm prepared to put that work in if it will help

Thoughts?

This indeed is full-on bug/problem reporting and something that is definitely the aim for WMD during pCARS development (though still not (always) in such a structured way, for several reasons). In this public forum it would also help to get proper problem descriptions, but I'm not sure whether it's something we can ask from regular customers. As you said, filing a proper bug report is hard work involving structured testing in many cases, which I don't think is something that many customers would be willing to go through.

You're hired for WMD3, though :D

BTW GTPlanet is also followed.

dQUIM
05-10-2017, 09:49
Came across a few bugs last night when having a go at the Community event on Texas Motor Speedway Road Course with the BMW V12 LM.

Platform: PS4 (Base).
Version: 1.3
Mode: Community Event (Time Trial)
Track: Texas Motor Speedway Road course

- The framerate drops significantly whilst driving on the infield section of the track. Most noticeable at turns 3, 5, 6 and 7. Happens 100% of the time.

- The tyre barrier across the track at turn 3 pops-in noticeably on approach. As this barrier marks the point at which the speedway section joins the infield section, it catches you out slightly the first time you play it. 100% frequency.

- There is what looks like shadow corruption visible on the track surface, around the players car. This is most noticeable when in chase cam, on the banked speedway section of the track. 100% frequency.

maxx69
05-10-2017, 10:19
Engine damage seems way to severe and random . Change down gently , short shift , ease off the gas and engine temp goes up more than a degree a second.
Front end damage seems to effect some drivers and not others .
In short races we are losing way too many drivers with blown engines.
This is bugged right ?

Sugo Race track has a weird speed up bug when braking into corners and makes the track unusable

johnnyhotrocks
05-10-2017, 14:20
Racing line is definitely up the left on tracks such as combined Nurburgring.....the line is so heavily buried into the track it may as well not be there.
You can see the the line coming out of the road and right back down it again on large portions of this track and its not much better on many other tracks.
Also its breaking zones are way way off most of the time......yes im aware its just a guide but not like this on any other racing game on the market as their racing line actually works and tries to teach you the optimum route and breaking for decent speed/times.
Follow Project Car 2 line and you're screwed when it fails to work and take the red break zones with pinch of salt as most of them the red zone it way too early.

danowat
05-10-2017, 14:22
Game told me that someone had shared 4532 setups with me this morning!

apexbuddha
05-10-2017, 14:40
Someone's probably noted this one, but I raced the DR30 on the Mojave Sidewinder and nailed it pretty good into a tire wall. Crunched the front end magnificently. Figured, okay, I gotta watch the reply. But when the replay started, the car started the race with the crunched front end.

Roger Prynne
05-10-2017, 14:42
Racing line is definitely up the left on tracks such as combined Nurburgring.....the line is so heavily buried into the track it may as well not be there.
You can see the the line coming out of the road and right back down it again on large portions of this track and its not much better on many other tracks.
Also its breaking zones are way way off most of the time......yes im aware its just a guide but not like this on any other racing game on the market as their racing line actually works and tries to teach you the optimum route and breaking for decent speed/times.
Follow Project Car 2 line and you're screwed when it fails to work and take the red break zones with pinch of salt as most of them the red zone it way too early.

It's been Known for a long time and is fixed in an upcoming patch.

Someone's probably noted this one, but I raced the DR30 on the Mojave Sidewinder and nailed it pretty good into a tire wall. Crunched the front end magnificently. Figured, okay, I gotta watch the reply. But when the replay started, the car started the race with the crunched front end.

Same as above.

Game told me that someone had shared 4532 setups with me this morning!
That's definitely a new one though :confused:

sirsilver1968
05-10-2017, 16:44
Ok apologies if this has already been highlighted

Track Sampala
Car Audi A1
3 Ai opponents who no matter what level and aggression i set will always plod along as though they have damage.

And i also noticed on chase cam when i looked behind, the snow clouds from my tyres were being thrown inside the cockpit.

quik-R
05-10-2017, 17:14
Engine damage seems way to severe and random . Change down gently , short shift , ease off the gas and engine temp goes up more than a degree a second.

In short races we are losing way too many drivers with blown engines.

Same issues here, turn the map down to "lean", short shift and it still blows.... :(

GBO Possum
05-10-2017, 21:24
The code for the Japanese Car Pack was meant to deliver a 1990 Nissan GTR. This car did not show up. The other 3 arrived okay.

NateDawg
06-10-2017, 00:20
I'm sure it's already been called out, but couldn't find it specifically in a search...
PS4 Pro (current patch)
Mode: Private practice / career
Track: Hokenheim GP and Donnington National (Done about 5 tracks now, these 2 are the only ones I've been pinged on for no reason)
Cars: Nissan GT-R (road) and Ginetta Junior
Issue: Lap invalidated when driving down the main straight keeping to the racing line... usually occurs when nearing first corner or passing pit exit. Figured initially I might have been crossing pit line, but that wasn't the case. Makes career unplayable when I can't set a qualy lap due to them all being invalidated :( Was really starting to enjoy the game last night, even on game pad.

chops13
06-10-2017, 01:13
At Daytona for sure but likely all tracks, damage incurred in the pit area does not register on the car on terms of performance. Run straight into the wall, no performance damage is registered.

speedy23
06-10-2017, 07:27
Last night online was really unlucky:

- 5 times, joining to practice or qualifying with at least 5 minutes available, I ended up on the waiting screen where I could just press (at least 5 times) on the exit button to quit the session

- 2 times, joining the lobby, session loading stopped at 75%, and I had to close the application

- Once, I managed to qualify, after long waiting I came to the starting grid, but the starting lights never came out; after more than one minute of waiting, starting (without lights) we received the jump-start

- Once, after finishing the qualifiers, the endless wait screen, the race did not start

- 1 time, the race started and at the end of the first round I was disconnected without connection problems

This, with menu lags, setup load lags, etc. it made me spend more than an hour without doing a single race, after which I turned everything off!

Do you think all this is permissible? I paid real money for this software that nowadays call it a beta version is a compliment !!!

Do something seriously. Thank you.

V_sNaiLoRd_12
06-10-2017, 09:33
all replay camera angles/options for the RXL shows an invisible car
the hitbox on Knockhill for the joker is either bugged or too large passing nearby the wall on the last turn triggers it by driving nearby the wall again gives a penalty

JoshTheGeologist
06-10-2017, 12:08
The Sampala track is missing when trying to do a private test session. Other tracks without pit roads are there. Sampala is the only track missing

JoshTheGeologist
06-10-2017, 12:22
When you pit, you get the option of hards, mediums or soft.. why can't I choose that before the race starts?

Sessionerror
06-10-2017, 12:32
Haven't read about that one yet anywhere: Session length can't be set to more than 2h 20 minutes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54506-Session-length-can-t-be-set-to-more-than-2h-20-minutes)

legacy-8
06-10-2017, 13:53
This may have been mentioned before, but I experienced this last night.

Raced online with friends, and saved the replay. We were racing the Lotus 98T at Monza classic, and when viewing the replay later that evening, although I could hear the cars screaming around the track, they were just sat still on the grid start

Still loving the game though!

legacy-8
06-10-2017, 13:57
Can I just add something about the lobbies freezing after qualifying. Within the league I race, you can't select 'continue' until all cars have come into the pits and parked up. If you think about it, this could take up to 5 minutes. Say someone crosses the line just before the end, they still have that whole lap to complete THEN there is the cooldown lap before they enter the pits.

So unless you manually hit options and go back to pit you have to rely on the AI to drive it back

Once all cars were back, we were good to go.

Then later, raced a public lobby, no cooldown laps and there was very little waiting.

maxx69
06-10-2017, 15:19
This may have been mentioned before, but I experienced this last night.

Raced online with friends, and saved the replay. We were racing the Lotus 98T at Monza classic, and when viewing the replay later that evening, although I could hear the cars screaming around the track, they were just sat still on the grid start

Still loving the game though!

Did you use photo mode ? That causes this problem when you are watching a replay and stop to take a photo , then try to restart the video , it crashes .....car sounds , wheels spinning and nothing

maxx69
06-10-2017, 15:24
I'm sure it's already been called out, but couldn't find it specifically in a search...
PS4 Pro (current patch)
Mode: Private practice / career
Track: Hokenheim GP and Donnington National (Done about 5 tracks now, these 2 are the only ones I've been pinged on for no reason)
Cars: Nissan GT-R (road) and Ginetta Junior
Issue: Lap invalidated when driving down the main straight keeping to the racing line... usually occurs when nearing first corner or passing pit exit. Figured initially I might have been crossing pit line, but that wasn't the case. Makes career unplayable when I can't set a qualy lap due to them all being invalidated :( Was really starting to enjoy the game last night, even on game pad.

We raced there on Wednesday and everyone got hammered with penalties , especially in the last sector .

Next lap can also get invalidated and only shows after you cross the start finish .....about where you're suggesting.

Penalties are way to harsh there .....but I suppose that's why they paint white lines for .

breyzipp
06-10-2017, 17:39
Bandai Namco community event with the Renault 3.5 on ZIC: I have driving line off and turn indicator on. The turn indicator doesn’t work on the first corner after the long straight over start-finish.

Edit - But only on the first lap not working, from second lap on its ok.

hossa
06-10-2017, 18:26
WHOA! this guy scared the hell out of me!

242062 242063

great idea for halloween!

GBO Possum
06-10-2017, 19:16
1. Replay limited to 2 minutes
2. Unable to save it

Time Trial on Dubai GP. Session lasted 6+ laps, best lap time 2:46.221 in Ginetta Junior. Paused the TT, chose Replay and it's only the last 2 minutes, not even a full lap. No option to save the Replay

PS4 Pro
PCars2 V01.00.0842
G920 wheel via Drive Hub emulating G29

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 19:48
WHOA! this guy scared the hell out of me!

great idea for halloween!
Bloody hell, he's back again :cower:

azzamann79
06-10-2017, 22:10
Career Bug: Forgive me I know I posted something similar earlier in the week. My game had frozen and I closed application via ps button.
Although I had completed both UK and Euro Superlites after I reloaded neither had been shown as such in the career select screen. UK championship not raced and Euro is locked. Well checking other events I have completed they are all the same. First events not completed and next event locked and can not be raced. Not sure if this can be patched or not. Just as a note to this. I can progress to tier 4 as if the earlier events have been recognised in some way by the game.

Dirtryder
07-10-2017, 05:11
I cannot find any way to adjust abs or tcs in a default room. It can be mapped to wheel buttons to turn on and off but not adjusted.

mass control
07-10-2017, 05:53
On the custom race at moment and i think the auto set by weather tyres not working as should as gives me hard slick tyres most the time and just keep over steering to much even when tires up to temp and thats why keep not getting nowhere most the time.I put soft slicks on and dont have this issue and doing alot better with soft slicks.
Dose this on most GT cars And most other cars can have slick tyres auto weather has hard tyres and this when on overcast weather that seem not suited for hard slicks on most tracks at all as hardly no grip using them corners.And i think the AI have different tyres set by default proberly soft slicks as dont oversteer really and have no problems on corners.
On ps4 pro by the way.

LukeC
07-10-2017, 07:06
Bloody hell, he's back again :cower:

I'm also getting cones and trackside signage suspended in the air after I hit them. Also no matter how many times I restart the race, they remain. To have it back to normal I have to exit the race and reload it from scratch.

mass control
07-10-2017, 09:11
Tyres are wrong

I've played PCars 2 on my brothers original PS4. The SLICKS have very very little grip. No matter what car we drove. When we put wets on to the car we had far far more grip in dry sunny conditions than we did have with slicks. This really needs to be fixed. I am thinking the SLICK tyre model on the PS4 isn't right. Compared to my PC Version which has loads of grip with slick tyres.

Thrustmaster T150 FFB is almost non existent
We were using a Thrustmaster T150 on the PS4 and no matter what we tweaked we couldn't get the FFB to feel right and it felt almost completely dead. We couldn't get any feel of what the weight thansfer of the car was doing , there was no feel on kerbs and there was no feel of the wheel getting loose while understeering

With the slicks and on slick hard tyre that normally does go on when have auto by weather they are rubbish cant really get any grip out of them,You just lose control all the time.If change to soft then can control alot easyer on most tracks.Dont know about medium tyres as cars have tryed dont seem to have them when in set up of car.

mass control
07-10-2017, 09:20
I cannot find any way to adjust abs or tcs in a default room. It can be mapped to wheel buttons to turn on and off but not adjusted.

Can change when press up d-pad in race and under car management.

mass control
07-10-2017, 09:26
- AI insanely hard in custom races... set to 50 it literally fly past me and bumps me out of the way at the starting grid in road cars -- will make a vid of this.. agressivity feels like it's always at the max (ps4 Pro)

seems that way there all drunk the AI and cant see you at all even when plenty of track to pass.

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 10:00
[B]Thrustmaster T150 FFB is almost non existent
We were using a Thrustmaster T150 on the PS4 and no matter what we tweaked we couldn't get the FFB to feel right and it felt almost completely dead. We couldn't get any feel of what the weight thansfer of the car was doing , there was no feel on kerbs and there was no feel of the wheel getting loose while understeering

Strange how this guy and many others say it's OK.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51921-Any-word-from-developers-Slightly-Mad-about-a-patch&p=1386702&viewfull=1#post1386702

Perhaps ask him how he has his setup.

vwpolo
07-10-2017, 14:03
This game is a disappointment. full of bugs.

Olijke Poffer
07-10-2017, 14:12
This game is a disappointment. full of bugs.
Constructive post.

Rotters91
07-10-2017, 16:44
Constructive post.

This thread is 36 pages long. I'd say he has something....

Olijke Poffer
07-10-2017, 16:56
Shure but if this is your first post on a forum I could imagine you post a little bit different hello.

whoistrulees
07-10-2017, 17:30
DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ THIS

Another issue I found is around the Stability Control feature (for the PS4 Deluxe digital download edition - probably on all versions too). When driving an open wheel car especially and the SC is 'ON' then the car (notably the Formula 'C' cars) will lose throttle half way through a corner, dramatically, therefore losing speed massively. It's almost as if the car stalls half way through a corner.

The front of the car lurches into the ground as if it's trying to eat the asphalt. This is hugely annoying as you can lose a lot of time.

The only way I found to not have this happen was to turn the SC OFF, however the car is practically un-driveable, as without SC ON then the car spins out, regardless of how much the brake balance is tweaked and even with traction control on LOW or HIGH.

Please can this be addressed. You either need to fix the 'lurching' and massive throttle delay effect, or, like you have for the traction control and anti-lock brakes, have a HIGH and LOW setting.

The game is awesome but parts of it make the cars undriveable, or at the very least driveable but very slow as you need to slow right down to take a corner, which isn't right as the competition do not seem to suffer the same effects.

vwpolo
07-10-2017, 17:46
Hello, I want to be proactive and this is a list of the major (bug) things found so far on PS4 / PC2 / T300rs.

1. not able to find a decent settings for the T300rs. tried for hours to tune the settings here and there. at the end I keep as it is, but in PC1 the feeling was much better and simpler to tune.
2. Caldwell circuit, VW Polo, settings are always lost. the only way to save it is to save under a different name or explicitly over the old name
3. In private test mode caldwell, polowrc,: , abs,tc, sc are actvitated while in time attack mode it's random. even if it's all ON the abs, tcs and the other are OFF. by using the up arrow you can try to press the options to manage that and from time to time the controls come back and become active in other cases nothing happens and the car is useless. first corner and you go like skiing.

lucas_mon
07-10-2017, 20:51
Hello!
Is there any news about an update? I spent a lot of time working in my setup and the game erase my save. When I come back to the career the game think that my formula rookie is a BMW gt3 and Red Bull circuit is loaded as a Indianapolis or another one, so I can't find my setup. If I start a single race choosing a formula rookie and Red Bull Circuit, my setup is there. But in career the game change everything.

At least say something about how many days we have tho wait until all these bugs are fixed.
I really like the game, it's my first time in Project Cars, but these bugs are turning my expierence very very bad.

Bye, guys...

Zenzic
08-10-2017, 06:08
GT4 championship career, final intercontinental race at Fuji: my custom tuning setup is correctly loaded between practice, qualifying and race. However, the pit strategies I created have changed after loading into qualifying and race; tire pressures are suddenly different from what I set them to.

St4r8ucK
08-10-2017, 07:40
[TROPHIES] Trophie for earning your access to your first invitational event is given before you earn access to any invitational event
[SETUP] On some tracks/cars, using the menu to go back to the pits does not refuel the car

De_Breuk
08-10-2017, 10:18
The playstation system storage shows duplicate files for both the driver profile and ghost files.

Removing the duplicates manually does not effect the game (because my own ghosts can not be loaded anyway...)

vwpolo
08-10-2017, 11:16
you have to pay for the fuel :-) didn't they tell you before buying the game :-)?
just joking. I understand the frustration...

whoistrulees
08-10-2017, 14:51
Any on else's copy extremely slow to load menu's?

Either when starting the game or returning to the menu from a race session? Mine literally takes about 30 secs - 1 minute for it to do 'something' and then allow me to move the selector box around to do what I want.

Is this a common theme?

hossa
08-10-2017, 14:52
Career - renault sport trophy - round 5 barcelona:

after having won the race ad having received the trophy, the game freezes with a shaking in-race-picture. No buttons work. I have to restart the game and drive round 5 again. This has already happened to me twice, although I can't remember the first event

hossa
08-10-2017, 14:56
Any on else's copy extremely slow to load menu's?

Either when starting the game or returning to the menu from a race session? Mine literally takes about 30 secs - 1 minute for it to do 'something' and then allow me to move the selector box around to do what I want.

Is this a common theme?

i exactly had the same issue. However, when the issue with the saving of setups came up last week I went to the ps4's savedata menu and deleted all saved car setups (and the career which I had started) after this the menu and loading is smooth: no more waiting after the intro or the menu itself. I have never touched a setup of a car again and am pretty far with career, invitational events etc. - and still: no slowdowns. My tip: delete the saved setups of the cars in the ps' savedata menu

whoistrulees
08-10-2017, 15:00
i exactly had the same issue. However, when the issue with the saving of setups came up last week I went to the ps4's savedata menu and deleted all saved car setups (and the career which I had started) after this the menu and loading is smooth: no more waiting after the intro or the menu itself. I have never touched a setup of a car again and am pretty far with career, invitational events etc. - and still: no slowdowns. My tip: delete the saved setups of the cars in the ps' savedata menu

Ah, interesting, thanks for that. I'll give it a go and let you know. Cos it has got slower as I've progressed, not that I've progressed far, for all the awesome gameplay, circuits and cars etc, there are a huge amount of bugs which make it sometimes unbearable.

yosri
08-10-2017, 15:05
A few issues I found:

- car damage reset issues: let's say I start a play a race and I damage the front of my car, and then I restart the race. I've caught more than one instance where the visual damage of the vehicle remains in the new race. I don't think the physical damage remains, i.e., the car health gets reset after resetting a race as expected. Another instance I caught was when I was racing a Formula vehicle. It has lost the front wing, I then watched the reply and saw the wing fall of, but then when I resumed the race, I realized that the wing is back on.

- replay crash issue after race: I had just completed a race (a good one too), and viewed the replay from the race result page and went to take a photo using photo mode. While trying to exit and go back to the race result page, the game simply froze and the sound also was just a loop of the engine sound. I had to force shutdown the game, and of course lost the result of the race; frustrating.

- frame rate issues during replay: while watching a replay, the frame rate seems to drop quite a bit, especially in track-side view. The graphics also seem aliased.

yosri
08-10-2017, 15:10
Pit stop issue: when entering pit stop, the crew apparently fixes the car (I think), but I can't leave or do anything after that. The only way out is to exit the session. I can't remember exactly, but this was either during a practice or a qualifying session. I don't know if there is a way to get out of the pit, but it is not obvious.

whoistrulees
08-10-2017, 15:32
A few issues I found:

- car damage reset issues: let's say I start a play a race and I damage the front of my car, and then I restart the race. I've caught more than one instance where the visual damage of the vehicle remains in the new race. I don't think the physical damage remains, i.e., the car health gets reset after resetting a race as expected. Another instance I caught was when I was racing a Formula vehicle. It has lost the front wing, I then watched the reply and saw the wing fall of, but then when I resumed the race, I realized that the wing is back on.

- replay crash issue after race: I had just completed a race (a good one too), and viewed the replay from the race result page and went to take a photo using photo mode. While trying to exit and go back to the race result page, the game simply froze and the sound also was just a loop of the engine sound. I had to force shutdown the game, and of course lost the result of the race; frustrating.

The damage thing is the same on mine, if I smash the windscreen for example, it carries over to the next session, doesn't get repaired.

As for the replay stalling, this was an issue in the first Project Cars too.

mpc-v1
08-10-2017, 16:28
Not sure if it's been said (too many pages to go through). Have a problem with manual rolling starts. I had taken pole and limited my speed to no more than the 75 allowed. However a car from the back rushes through and I get a message that I have to catch the leader. By the time the lights went out I had a 16 second penalty!! Surly other cars should not be able to pass you??

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 00:37
I've had issues under rolling starts too. One time I got penalized for speeding even tho I was under AI control

breyzipp
09-10-2017, 06:32
Minor display bug :

On the car list screen when you have your settings in metric, the acceleration is still listed in 0-60 which is from 0-60 mph. It should be 0-100 (kph).

Below is a screenshot of the page I ment. This is not with metric settings but you'll get what I mean. You see acceleration (0-60) is 3.29 seconds. If you swap your settings to metric the values change to kph, kg, etc, but under acceleration it still says 0-60 instead of 0-100.

To be really picky, the values for acceleration in seconds for the metric system should be recalculated as well since 60 miles is not 100 km but 96.56 km.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9ieF7ndFwLs/maxresdefault.jpg

Dammy89
09-10-2017, 09:56
Hi,

I don't know whether my bug was reported, but if I want to go to multiplayer session I can't participate on it. I am in the lobby and can choose my car etc. and then I click on the button to join the session. After loading a while I see the time schedule, but I just can click on "leave the session" - nothing else! I can't participate - I can listen to the other players while they're qualifying etc., but I can't race myself.

The first 2 races (1 week ago) I was able to race in a session, but since weekend I can't race anymore in multiplayer.

What is the problem? Do you know the answer or the problem? It is strange!

playing on PS4 Pro with Fanatec CSL Elite

vwpolo
09-10-2017, 18:14
same issue on ps4. from time both saving and loading settings are extremely slow. even the menu navigation is slow in general.
I agree with you.

whoistrulees
09-10-2017, 18:23

I tried this last night, fixed it, but.....it deleted my career, d'oh, obviously, haha so had to start again.

This might be an issue going forwards? Guess I'll have to delete all but the very first few saves?

Olijke Poffer
09-10-2017, 19:14
same issue on ps4. from time both saving and loading settings are extremely slow. even the menu navigation is slow in general.
I agree with you.

Same over here. Just did a reinstall but nothing changed..

Zenzic
09-10-2017, 19:43
No idea if I should make a thread for all these little issues, so here goes:

Career mode, both in the Group 5 invitational and the Ginetta manufacturer race; it's as if the game's clock speed suddenly increases for a fraction of a second in between corners 2 & 3 and corners "SP in" and "SP out". It's as if you experienced microsleep, and the car is suddenly a lot closer to the apex than you expected it to be. It's not due to changes in grip, I think. Happens as well if you don't apply any throttle.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/assets/components/phpthumbof/cache/Sugo87.74f120a94b371f44ce0c7ffd70a03c59.png

quik-R
09-10-2017, 20:32
Would be nice the the game also remembered my preferred driving position for each race.

Keeps reverting to outside or bumper or bonnet and NEVER cockpit :(

Also got rammed from behind tonight, 1st corner or Spa and instantly got a warning from race control....I was in 2nd postilion with no one directly in front of me!!!! :mad:

knoop
10-10-2017, 12:33
There used to be a topic regarding PS4 Pro crashing with PC2.... is it gone? (cant find it) cause it sure aint fixed yet

Icecream-Inc
10-10-2017, 12:46
bug in the Formula cars C renault A and X ... probably in Indy.. where during one of the sessions if you lose your front wing. it will stay lost...if u restart it will still behave like you have no
front downforce anymore. pitting to repair it will not fix it..

note it doesnt always happen.. often returning to pit or pitting and repair fixes it.
but once it decides you have no front wing... it decides it for good..until u quit out and restart.

edit: tough to replicate, but i think its linked to the "damage doesnt reset" when you restart your session.

ThePatriot
10-10-2017, 14:07
Ok well now we have the GT Sport beta, any news on when this patch is supposed to be coming? PC2 is definitely in a different class when it comes to an actual sim, but at this point, even the beta version of GT Sport is more enjoyable and controllable. Really pulling for PC2 to come out ahead here, but getting worried.

xtremelead
10-10-2017, 15:12
small bug: when in cockpit view while exiting the pits on auto, the steering wheel does not move visually.

johnnieshere
10-10-2017, 20:06
In Formula A, but possibly other cars (I haven't checked), after a crash and having caused severe damage to my car, if I view the replay the car doesn't lose any of its wheels etc like it just did. Then when I come out of the replay all of the wheels and other parts are still back but the car acts like it is broken.

If I come into the pits during free practice or qualifying the car just floats in mid air during the stop and nothing happens. I haven't tried it in a race yet because I usually turn the PS4 off before I get that far.

There are many more but I haven't time to list them all. I know that people are angry (and rightly so) but I really do have faith that it will come good... eventually

lucas_mon
10-10-2017, 21:55
Ok well now we have the GT Sport beta, any news on when this patch is supposed to be coming? PC2 is definitely in a different class when it comes to an actual sim, but at this point, even the beta version of GT Sport is more enjoyable and controllable. Really pulling for PC2 to come out ahead here, but getting worried.

They should give to us an answer, but I don't why the prefere stay in complete silence. It's past almost 20 days since the game release and we don't know when all theses bugs is going to be fixed. This is the most usless forum ever.

Civic
11-10-2017, 00:00
To be fair at this point the progress is obvious. The PC patch is currently in internal testing. The patch would require internal testing on every platform before being submitted for approval which could take hours to days once submitted.

It is unknown what fixes the patch contains outside of those testing it but they wouldn't tell us that because testing could find unexpected issues.

So at this point think positive thoughts and hopefully we can all mind hack it to happen quicker.

lucas_mon
11-10-2017, 01:16
To be fair at this point the progress is obvious. The PC patch is currently in internal testing. The patch would require internal testing on every platform before being submitted for approval which could take hours to days once submitted.

It is unknown what fixes the patch contains outside of those testing it but they wouldn't tell us that because testing could find unexpected issues.

So at this point think positive thoughts and hopefully we can all mind hack it to happen quicker.

I hope so

Icecream-Inc
11-10-2017, 04:05

1.3 is already out on PC, has been for a couple weeks now.

porkovich
11-10-2017, 05:36
At this point i really have lost interest in the game. The GT Sport Demo showed me how much the game improved over the beta. Even as a demo, it's a working product, with some server issues (as to be expected) and no obvious game-braking bugs. The wait in the dark for a patch, which will eventually contain, at max, 1/3 of the problems we have on console is ridiculous. We are gong for the end of the month as it looks like. The momentum the game had vanished after the first week and as much a sim the game is, the concurrence have a finished, gorgeous looking product and a " DEMO " for you to check before you buy... What a waste of everybody's time this has become, hating and looking for patch info in a forum...

Biddrace
11-10-2017, 07:22
It does not save game replay.
save maximum 45 minutes. :neglected:

Civic
11-10-2017, 07:23
1.3 is already out on PC, has been for a couple weeks now.

When 1.3 was released they said 1.3 would not come to consoles and consoles will wait until 2.0 is ready for every platform. Someone linked to a page that shows a build was released on Steam that is only available for upper WMD which would indicate a new build is currently in testing.

Civic
11-10-2017, 07:31
At this point i really have lost interest in the game. The GT Sport Demo showed me how much the game improved over the beta. Even as a demo, it's a working product, with some server issues (as to be expected) and no obvious game-braking bugs. The wait in the dark for a patch, which will eventually contain, at max, 1/3 of the problems we have on console is ridiculous. We are gong for the end of the month as it looks like. The momentum the game had vanished after the first week and as much a sim the game is, the concurrence have a finished, gorgeous looking product and a " DEMO " for you to check before you buy... What a waste of everybody's time this has become, hating and looking for patch info in a forum...

Fairs fair, GTS has one minor game breaking bug. There is a bug that causes blue screen crashes if you try to access options directly when you first start the game. The work around fixes the game entirely so those who have never been effected probably never will but a few of us had a frustrating start with GTS.

denboogie
11-10-2017, 08:41
I dont know if it's a real Bug but the Opponents in the Career Mode are super fast in the Pratice Sessions and much slower in the Qualification Session. I noticed that in the first two Races with the Ginetta. In Practice the Opponents are at least five Seconds faster than me, but in the Qualification I'm able to get the Podium with the excat same Time I drove in Practice.

vwpolo
11-10-2017, 08:47
NEW (medium) BUG (?).

I don' t know if someone else has already mentioned this, and in case someone did it sorry if I just repeat it.

I'm playing in the "time trial" section of the game.
In two cases (one at Cadwell using a VW Polo, the other at Circuit of Americas using a Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo...) the lap time happens to be cancelled by the race director for no reason in the same place in both cases: end of straight, after the starting line, few meter after the pit lane exit, before the turn.

What I noticed is that it happens in both circuits, in the straight, 20-30 meters after the pit lane exit even if I am in the middle of the track and did not touch neither one of the white lines or any curb.

So imagine you in the straight, alone, mid track, braking from 230km/h down to 100km/h and before the turn it appears the yellow sign with the message "cancelled by the race director" (I have it in Italian) !

It does'nt happen all the times. It looks like it happens when the deceleration is higher and the brakes applied strongly...

My interpretation is that SMS did not mark well the area of the pit lane in which there is a speed limit and so it's considered pit lane also the part of the track in proximity of the pit lane. this is just my interpretation. I don't know but it's the same in both circuits, approximately same place. there should be something in the code triggering an event ...that's wrongly set.

If SMS team wants to see it I made a video.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 08:53
^ Don't worry we got it covered.

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 10:53
^ Don't worry we got it covered.

Roger just a suggestion. When the console patch is rolled out by Microsoft and Sony, maybe it’s best the current bug report threads are closed and we start new ones based on the new version number?

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 10:53
Yep, good suggestion.