PDA

View Full Version : (PS4) bug reporting thread

Pages : [1] 2

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 16:45
Just found a weird bug in Ginetta career on my PS4 Pro.

I did the practice, all fine. When I was done I went back to the pits and clicked on monitor, fiddled around a bit sitting my my garage box but not that much useful info on that screen. So I continued to qualifying.

In qualifying my HUD was completely gone! Every fixed HUD element gone, the corner indicator arrows I have switched on did still work. I went to options from within the race and HUD was switched off. I switched it back on, nothing happened. I pitted and toggled HUD option again off and on and nothing happened.

Was quite a fun and exiting experience to drive without any HUD element, I actually gotta play with that a bit more, but it was a bug nevertheless.

After qualifying I went to the race and BAM, my missing HUD had reappeared.

So, I'm not sure what that monitor window and all those buttons supposed to do while you are sitting in the garage box but for sure it messes with the HUD settings.

MOD EDIT: All bugs reported in this thread are logged, unless it's not a bug of course and in that case an explanation should be given.

Vic Flange
22-09-2017, 17:22
There is a graphical twitch on the front wheels of the Lotus 49 when in cockpit view.

mattikake
22-09-2017, 18:11
I noticed the engine sound cutting out is still present. I think it must be some sort of cheeky buffer reset. The sound comes back on after about a second. Fruity.

I've also noticed my drivers gloves/arms occasionally blink out of existence for a moment. Freaky.

Removable trackside objects - cones, signs, poles etc. - are very flickery when your car collects them. And I've seen a cone bounce down the track faster than my car hit it, then bounce upwards out of sight, seemingly into orbit. Funny.

And I have (had) the pit lane on auto and the driver doesn't turn the wheel and the wheels don't steer when exiting the pit box. It kind of floats out of the pitbox. Funky.

William23Heath
22-09-2017, 20:38
I can’t use my T300 RS wheel, I load the game and it just doesn’t work at all. The DualShock controller works fine but the wheel is unresponsive.

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 21:08
I think there is something wrong with the Ginetta GT4 of the Ginetta Proving Grounds event (Cadwell Park). I have raced all 4 community events, a couple of quick races, I'm busy in the Ginetta Junior Championship and so far every car I drove felt really good with the controller. When I came to this proving ground event the car behaved really weird under braking and/or steering. I actually had to lower AI difficulty and aggression to zero, lower the race laps to the bare minimum 2, get out of my immersive helmet camera and drive with bonnet camera instead, restart the race a handful of times and eventually I managed to win the race. It should not be needed this way.

I saw a YouTube video of a streamer who had the exact same things happening as me, I think he even uses a wheel so it's not controller related. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/r6uh7XDa9ro?t=1h28m30s
(don't forward from the time index I gave (1:28:30) since soon you will also see what I also experience on my PS4 Pro and that are the very washed out intro videos)

For me on my controller this car on this track behaves similar to the worse cars in PCARS 1 so I don't know what exactly went wrong here.

This is a really important event since everyone who starts career in Ginetta Junior will eagerly see this event pop up and after 3 or more races in the Junior probably want to try this one out. And then the race that follows is quite the frustration.

I hope some car setup experts from SMS/WMD can check this one out since the car feels all wrong to me (the Ginetta GT3 after this event felt much better again and that was even in the wet).

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 21:29
This one is happening on both PS4 Pro and XBox:

When you set pit stops to manual and also switch the pit sign indicator on, then there is some weird grey thing just in front of what is the red stop sign (which the pit crew guy is holding down to indicate where you need to stop the car). I only saw the red stop sign when I gave automatic pitstops a try so it seems to be related to that.

Vic Flange
22-09-2017, 21:35
Occasionally when the car is on the grid the gearbox is in 1st gear instead of neutral. Not good when you rev the engine and the car moves forwards.

breyzipp
22-09-2017, 23:22
Occasionally when the car is on the grid the gearbox is in 1st gear instead of neutral. Not good when you rev the engine and the car moves forwards.

That reminds me of my Ginetta Junior pitstops, while the pitcrew was working on it, the in-car dashboard gear light showed 1 while the HUD gear number was 0. No functional issues whatsoever though, just a minor visual bug.

Dev Nibor
22-09-2017, 23:41
Just a small bug, whenever you finish a race at spa and the game switches to the trackside camera, the camera is just showing a brick wall. This disappears when the car passes the first corner.

sgfw
23-09-2017, 15:10
Thought I'd be helpful and report a few bugs I've noticed:

- Steering rack seems incredibly slow on the T500 RS (to the point where Formula Rookie is practically undrivable). Suspect the game might be applying 900 degrees of rotation to the wheel (which is 1080 degrees), as there was a similar issue in GT6 when that first came out. I'm getting around this temporarily by making the steering rack quicker. Also no complaints from friends using the G29, which has 900 degrees of rotation.

- Tyres don't seem to get up to correct operating temperature in the Formula Rookie. Most they seem to get up to in a practice/qualifying session is blue-green (they're yellow at the beginning of a race). Can counteract this somewhat by reducing the tyre pressures (doesn't make the tyres warm but makes them more manageable).

- T500 RS wheel sometimes isn't recognised. I've seen other posts saying to only use the wheel in the left USB port but it only works in the right USB port on mine.

- Occasionally the T500 RS wheel will lose all force feedback and the steering becomes very quick (full lock in about 90 degrees of rotation). Found the easiest way to fix this is to unplug it and plug it back in again. This was also a bug in PC1.

- T500 RS doesn't seem to be recognised in conjunction with TH8 RS shifter when both are plugged in at the same time (T500 RS on the right USB port, TH8 RS on the left). I counteract this by starting the game with the wheel plugged in then plug in the shifter after the wheel has calibrated.

- Skipping a practice or qualifying session makes AI drivers set ridiculous times (seems to be around 10 seconds quicker than the fastest time that would have been set if you just sat and let the session finish).

- Tyre noise is very loud under braking (particularly noticeable with ABS on). Noticed this on a few live streams as well.

- Setting the audio to 'headphones' output doesn't seem to work correctly. I get very quiet engine noise when facing forwards in the cockpit view, then very loud engine noise when looking backwards (think looking backwards the engine noise is at the correct volume; it's just very quiet when looking forwards).

Setup:
- T500 RS (latest firmware)
- TH8 RS
- PS4 (standard, 500GB)
- PC2 version 1.03

Netminder
23-09-2017, 15:47
The Porsche 918 hybrid doesn't recover hybrid energy. Runs out of power 2/3 of the way around Nordschlife (spelling?).

JoshTheGeologist
23-09-2017, 16:00
Hello,

My name is Josh. I am hoping this post will bring to light multiple bugs I've noticed while playing Project Cars 2. The game is absolutely 1000 times better than PC1, and I want to thank the devs in advance for making a fantastic game. Unfortunately, I have noticed several bugs hampering my experience playing the game.

1. Pit stops appear to be broken. - I was doing a couple of races using the Ford Fusion stock car and the Honda indycar oval. In each case, I had mandatory pit stops on, I used the ICM menu to tell my pit crew I was pitting. I used my pit road speed limiter and had manual control on pit road. No pit crews stood on pit road. I had no idea which pit box was mine. I tried it again with pit road manual control off. I told my pit crew and everything, and the car quickly pulled in and out of my box. There was no animated pit crew that changed anything. I believe this happened at Texas and Daytona Ovals. I didn't try pitting else where.

2. Damage does not fix on restart. - If I crash with full damage, and restart the race I will still have damage. In one such case I restarted the game and was driving a Indy car with missing tires. The damage is only cosmetic it appears and the tire acted like it was there even though it wasn't.

3. In quick races, my name abbreviation is set to KLI, however it always displays as the abbreviation of my PSN PIE. When I go to change it, it shows it set as KLI, but still displays as PIE. In career mode I do not have this issue, and my abbreviation is correctly displayed as KLI.

4. After racing a quick race where there was a formation lap, I did a rally race at Daytona in the Honda Civic Coupe. When I started, the AI went very slow the entire first lap as if they were doing a formation lap. A notice appeared telling me to slow down to avoid a penalty. Restarting the race did not fix this issue. I quit and selected a different race from the menu and turned the formation lap on, then off and retired the rally race and this appeared to correct the issue.

I understand there are a few other bugs out there. I just wanted to bring these to light to the devs that are roaming around here. If you have also experienced the same/similar comment below, but be patient and treat them nicely.

If I find anymore/remember any I forgot to mention, I will post it here.

JoshTheGeologist
23-09-2017, 16:15
5. Formation lap speed. - During the formation lap I've often noticed the AI get strung out and do not seem to hold any speed. They range from 60mph to 20mph for seemingly no reason.

JoshTheGeologist
23-09-2017, 18:14
6. If damage is sustained at any point during the race, the damage will be present the entire time during a replay. So like you have crash damage before actually crashing. Definitely ruins picture taking :/

wicker man
23-09-2017, 20:41
Car engine sounds drop out
Some cars are so quiet
Quite a few cars nismo skyline & errm o God I can't remember the others they can not be driven in a straight line without swaying left & right the swaying gets bigger & bigger then you crash
Picking car/track in free run (can't remember what it's called now) will not take press X to select nope car/track not changed

shiftt
23-09-2017, 21:01
Just found a weird bug in Ginetta career on my PS4 Pro.

I did the practice, all fine. When I was done I went back to the pits and clicked on monitor, fiddled around a bit sitting my my garage box but not that much useful info on that screen. So I continued to qualifying.

In qualifying my HUD was completely gone! Every fixed HUD element gone, the corner indicator arrows I have switched on did still work. I went to options from within the race and HUD was switched off. I switched it back on, nothing happened. I pitted and toggled HUD option again off and on and nothing happened.

Was quite a fun and exiting experience to drive without any HUD element, I actually gotta play with that a bit more, but it was a bug nevertheless.

After qualifying I went to the race and BAM, my missing HUD had reappeared.

So, I'm not sure what that monitor window and all those buttons supposed to do while you are sitting in the garage box but for sure it messes with the HUD settings.

bugs are many even if you set the manual clutch it is possible to change gear without crushing the clutch

Marky264
23-09-2017, 21:39
Found a bug in Ginetta Juniors, 1st Race at Oulton Park Fosters, Bang in fastest Lap of the Practice Session Skip to the End then My fastest time becomes absolute 1:15.650, Rest of field is 1:16.XXX's then when I skip to the end somehow the AI in 1st Place takes it by over 6 Seconds with a 1:09:XXX's & Rest of field 1:10's.... Sorry but how? Seems to be a bug when you skip to the end of the Session Just like in F1 2017 when first launched. Needs to be patched as I'm now waiting in Practice Sessions for timer to run down on half an hour is a little misleading.

CPS-3
23-09-2017, 22:00
I started my career in formula rookie and canít get my tire temp high enough. When the race starts they are at 80 but after one lap they allready dropped to 50. No matter what bar i put into them, all i can get is max 50 degrees in practice/quali and race.

jcrk2013
23-09-2017, 22:07
I have noticed with sun beams on some tracks it looks like they render blue instead of the normal colors

breyzipp
24-09-2017, 00:27
Community events don't always save time on exit.

Just happened both on the community event #2 (Catherham @ Knockhill Intl.) where first on my XBox my time didn't save after exiting. I set another time and that one did save. Now on my PS4 the same happened as well.

edit - that PS4 time did show up when I checked back more than an hour later. But that first XBox One time was not added (it was a faster time than the second one that was still there)

Civic
24-09-2017, 01:51
Tyres are wrong in ICM/Pit Strategy. They don't match, the names are wrong and sometimes there are more selections than the car even has. It is game breaking for races that have changing weather.

Driving assists are not greyed out even in cars that don't have them on the realistic setting.

Laps are sometimes disallowed for no reason.

Audio Glitches

Audio volume is very low

Audio cuts out momentarily often

Engine audio drops out when you reset or go to pit box from option menu and needs another reset or pit to restore.

Graphical Glitches

Giant white blobs sometimes randomly appear and grow on the screen and then sometimes divide into smaller blobs but disappear after a while.

Annoying Flickering

Random visual artifacts.

Hud Glitches

Virtual Mirror always disappears and you must go back in the hud customiser every session to restore it.

You can't move the In Car Management box

There is a save issue where you sometimes can't save the hud. The work around is to press R2, then the right direction on the d pad and then x and after this you can save the hud. It took me forever to work this out.

Civic
24-09-2017, 01:53
bugs are many even if you set the manual clutch it is possible to change gear without crushing the clutch

In what car?

I have only noticed you can change gears without clutch in cars that have DCT which is correct.

JoshTheGeologist
24-09-2017, 01:57
New bugs

7. When in practice at Long Beach in the Aston Martin GT3, I paused and returned to my pit box... Upside down. Repeatedly. So every time I try to go back to my pit box, I just flip over with no way of unflipping..

8. When going to private testing mode, Sampla ice circuit is not an option. It is missing. Not sure if others are as well.

jfk33
24-09-2017, 12:16
In career mode, went through practice, qualifying, tweaking tune setup the whole way and saving several iterations.

Got to race day and went to upload a tuning setup and get the message there are no saved setups for my car. It's not even showing the correct car... I mean it's not even a car in my class. Not sure what's going on but talk about frustrating, all those hours spent on setup, GONE.

middle finger
24-09-2017, 12:21
In pit monitor mode I'm watching a car now on monza at night and rear brake discs are constantly red, not during braking.

maxx69
24-09-2017, 13:25
Sugo Race track in the Jag F type in private multi-player, car locked to identical , clear weather , realistic settings , car speeds up all on its own (like 40-100mph in 1 second ) normally under braking for a second .
No buttons assigned to turn off assists , but for some reason they went off mid Race.
In a lobby of 12, it only affected 3 of us .

rono_thomas
24-09-2017, 14:07
I have three Drivers ratings.

So todays aim was going to be raise my driver rating above 1600 to start filtering out some of the riff raff as it were. Finished race, game increased me to E1556. Exited online before the next race started so I could eat something, just before I left the PS4 I checked my drivers profile only to notice the game has classified me as a U1509?

(Cant insert pictures don't have the privilege to)

The progress graph shows me what I am, the Licence part and the game shows me as something else? Kind of pointless paying attention to a drivers rating if it changes randomly. Also been some random lobby explosions today between qualifying and races that's the differences between Starts, Qualifying and Completed, the game doesn't recognise them as DNF's kind of annoying that they show up on your record at all.

xtro
24-09-2017, 14:27
- AI insanely hard in custom races... set to 50 it literally fly past me and bumps me out of the way at the starting grid in road cars -- will make a vid of this.. agressivity feels like it's always at the max (ps4 Pro)

AceVice
24-09-2017, 15:30
Kart career mode, I win a race and also I obtain fast lap. When race ends my player is shown as fast lap but NOT shown at podium section !? Next screen shows assigned points correctly

gufazi
24-09-2017, 16:32
HUD Issues
Moving elements, minimizing them or turning them off are simply not saving, no matter the car.

Manufacturers Events
I'm working multiple careers. In one, I was invited to Nissan's Proving Ground, which I won, and earned some trophies and accolades. After, it showed three dots on the event which I assumed were other Nissan races. I turn of PCARS2 for the night. Now, no matter which career I'm in, I'm invited to Nissan's Proving Ground still, no matter how many times I win it in any career.

Set Ups
In career, when you move on to another series, it still shows the previous car's set-up name when you tune. Once you save, however, it switches back.

BirdPlayer
24-09-2017, 18:00
On my very first race (Junior Formula, America) I went through practice just fine. Next for the qualify section, I had no HUD whatsoever. Managed to place pole. Now the actual race, I'm started in pole position. However, mirror is just showing a static image, meaning it's not working. I get done with the first lap and the lap tracker does not update (from 1/5) untill my second pass around the finish line. What I mean is, I passed the start line three times before it updated to 2/5. Next the position tracker kept saying I was dead last. When I finished the race (first place, 2-3 seconds ahead of second) it gave my time to the AI even though I had fastest laps. And lastly, with AI difficulty and agression on default, I basically didn't see any of them past the first lap. PS4 Pro.

Trevhead
24-09-2017, 19:00

This happened in a career race of mine as well, and I had not thought to connect it to using the Monitor function. Once I saw your note I realized that was exactly what I had done in the session (Qualifying) previous to the session where I lost the HUD (Race).

steve30x
24-09-2017, 19:43
Tyres are wrong

I've played PCars 2 on my brothers original PS4. The SLICKS have very very little grip. No matter what car we drove. When we put wets on to the car we had far far more grip in dry sunny conditions than we did have with slicks. This really needs to be fixed. I am thinking the SLICK tyre model on the PS4 isn't right. Compared to my PC Version which has loads of grip with slick tyres.

Thrustmaster T150 FFB is almost non existent
We were using a Thrustmaster T150 on the PS4 and no matter what we tweaked we couldn't get the FFB to feel right and it felt almost completely dead. We couldn't get any feel of what the weight thansfer of the car was doing , there was no feel on kerbs and there was no feel of the wheel getting loose while understeering

Civic
24-09-2017, 20:28
HUD Issues
Moving elements, minimizing them or turning them off are simply not saving, no matter the car.

The bug is that the HUD gets stuck and will not let you press X on save but there is a work around that allows you to press X on save, first you need to select an item from the (R2) Messages Menu. Once you get that working you will be able to save and you will also be able to press L2 and be able to toggle HUD elements off. The bug might be a focus issue where the game is not sure which menu you are focused on as it wasn't an issue for me until after the first time I accessed the R2 menu.

The work around for saving is

Press R2 (to bring up the messages menu)
Press Right Direction on the D pad (to select a menu item from the messages menu)
Press X (to select a menu item)

Now you should see the corresponding message appear on the screen from the message menu. Once messages from the message menu appear you will be able to save your HUD

If you want to first toggle HUD elements that are not messages

Press L2 to go back to put focus back the main HUD elements. You should now be able to toggle the main HUD elements and you should still be able to save.

Any time you get stuck and can't save or toggle all you need to do is get a message to appear from the Messages Menu and focus will be regained.

However there is another bug that causes the Virtual Mirror to not be present when you first jump in a car at the beginning of a session and you must go to the HUD customiser every session to restore it. When this happens simply going to the custom HUD screen restores it, you don't need to change anything if you have already toggled the Virtual mirror on.

Civic
24-09-2017, 20:38
Tyres are wrong

I've played PCars 2 on my brothers original PS4. The SLICKS have very very little grip. No matter what car we drove. When we put wets on to the car we had far far more grip in dry sunny conditions than we did have with slicks. This really needs to be fixed. I am thinking the SLICK tyre model on the PS4 isn't right. Compared to my PC Version which has loads of grip with slick tyres.

On the PS4 did you select the tyres from the garage or did you select them from the Pit management menu?

I only have the PS4 version so your answer will help me understand if there is another Bug in addition to the tyre selection bug I already know about.

There is an issue with the names in the Pit Management window, they do not match the tyre that is put on the car but if you have Pit animations active you can watch what tyre is actually put on the car and work out what each menu item represents from there. Sometimes the same tyre is accessed by more than one Menu Item, other times the order matches whatever the order is in the Tuning Menu.

For me it seems at least that if I have Auto By Weather selected that in dry conditions I get the grippiest tyre available. I believe this is Slicks on cars that have them but perhaps it is not and hopefully you will answer so I can know.

Cobi
24-09-2017, 20:45
I've not been able to find any other mention of this problem but is anyone else having issues with the final gear settings? When I try and increase/decrease the slider the numbers don't change.. I've not been able to shorten the gear ratio on any car so far.

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 20:54
Tyres are wrong

I've played PCars 2 on my brothers original PS4. The SLICKS have very very little grip. No matter what car we drove. When we put wets on to the car we had far far more grip in dry sunny conditions than we did have with slicks. This really needs to be fixed. I am thinking the SLICK tyre model on the PS4 isn't right. Compared to my PC Version which has loads of grip with slicontrols tyres

Are we talking slick hard, or slick soft? Slick softs are ALOT grippier than slick hard. And I’d be tempted to say that wets will grip well, for a short period of time but will wear hella fast on a dry track!

steve30x
24-09-2017, 20:54
Sorry double posted by accident

steve30x
24-09-2017, 20:58
On the PS4 did you select the tyres from the garage or did you select them from the Pit management menu?

I only have the PS4 version so your answer will help me understand if there is another Bug in addition to the tyre selection bug I already know about.

There is an issue with the names in the Pit Management window, they do not match the tyre that is put on the car but if you have Pit animations active you can watch what tyre is actually put on the car and work out what each menu item represents from there. Sometimes the same tyre is accessed by more than one Menu Item, other times the order matches whatever the order is in the Tuning Menu.

For me it seems at least that if I have Auto By Weather selected that in dry conditions I get the grippiest tyre available. I believe this is Slicks on cars that have them but perhaps it is not and hopefully you will answer so I can know.I know rain tyres are being installed because I clearly see that they aren't slicks. They have the wet weather thread on them. When those tyres are installed the car grips incredibly well. When I have slicks , the tyres that are bald it feels like the tyres have oil spilled on them. And I am selecting the tyres both from the pit screen and garage. It makes no difference where the tyres are sleceted.

Are we talking slick hard, or slick soft? Slick softs are ALOT grippier than slick hard. And Iíd be tempted to say that wets will grip well, for a short period of time but will wear hella fast on a dry track!

We are talking slicks. I'm not sure if you've played PCars 2 but there is no selection of hard medium or soft slicks. Its just SLICKS.

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 21:01
Well, in my pre race menu I’ve got the option of slicks hard or slicks soft .. ps4 version .. do you need a picture?

steve30x
24-09-2017, 21:06
Well, in my pre race menu I’ve got the option of slicks hard or slicks soft .. ps4 version .. do you need a picture?

Both my brothers copy of PCars 2 and mine we don't have that option. All we have is Slick. Theres no slick compound option

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 21:12
Interesting .!

CPS-3
24-09-2017, 21:13
Rain/wiper bug - Knockhill/Ginetta Junior

I was driving on track with rain so i turned on my wimpers, when i went to the pit and was at the garage the wipers were still on. Out of the pits onto the track You Could hear the wipers but they weren’t moving, but they were invisible actieve because the window kept clear of rain.

steve30x
24-09-2017, 21:21
Wrong picture

steve30x
24-09-2017, 21:25
I posted the wrong picture

https://preview.ibb.co/fnLbuQ/p_CARS2_AVX_2017_09_24_22_22_56_84.png (https://ibb.co/i0EfM5)

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 21:28
Must be car specific then :(

FramedOne
24-09-2017, 21:35
You can save only one setup.

If you try to save a copy with a different name it always reverts the name to the name of the first setup.

FramedOne
24-09-2017, 21:40
Weird lap deletion messages

I get lap deletion messages even if I don’t cut track. For example braking into turn 1 at SPA. The cut track penalties are also too sensitive on PS4 in many tracks.

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 22:01

I get lap deletion messages even if I don’t cut track. For example braking into turn 1 at SPA. The cut track penalties are also too sensitive on PS4 in many tracks.

Did you cut the last chicane? A previous lap cut can delete the next laps time ..

Civic
24-09-2017, 22:02
I posted the wrong picture

https://preview.ibb.co/fnLbuQ/p_CARS2_AVX_2017_09_24_22_22_56_84.png (https://ibb.co/i0EfM5)

What car is this? It seems to be a bug specific to that car and I'd like to test it.

In most cars there is an issue where the ICM pit strategy menu options are incorrect and apply the incorrect tyre to the car. It is important to pay attention during the pit animation not to the tyre the pit crew carries but to the tyre it magically changes to when it is put on the car. If you blink you will miss it.

But in most cars that have the ICM naming issue the names in the tuning garage are still all correct.

Keep in mind that Slicks are extremely slippery when cold and only grip when up to temperature. Perhaps the car you are testing is one of those that suffers from a temperature bug I saw someone post earlier and the tyres are never getting up to operational temperature. This might give all terrain tyres more grip as cold AT tyres may actually have more grip than cold slicks.

Civic
24-09-2017, 22:08
Did you cut the last chicane? A previous lap cut can delete the next laps time ..

No this is a problem at Spa and also other tracks.

Spa has multiple detection bugs. The pit message will randomly appear before the chicane even when you drive down the middle of the road. And laps are deleted randomly even if you drive down the centre of the road at moderate speeds for the entire track as I have had laps deleted even when driving slow and never getting near the lines. This issue plagues lots of tracks. Random lap deletions occur at Nordschleife even when you are driving down the centre of the road. At Indy, pit entry messages appear even when driving the middle line.

steve30x
24-09-2017, 22:40
What car is this? It seems to be a bug specific to that car and I'd like to test it.

In most cars there is an issue where the ICM pit strategy menu options are incorrect and apply the incorrect tyre to the car. It is important to pay attention during the pit animation not to the tyre the pit crew carries but to the tyre it magically changes to when it is put on the car. If you blink you will miss it.

But in most cars that have the ICM naming issue the names in the tuning garage are still all correct.

Keep in mind that Slicks are extremely slippery when cold and only grip when up to temperature. Perhaps the car you are testing is one of those that suffers from a temperature bug I saw someone post earlier and the tyres are never getting up to operational temperature. This might give all terrain tyres more grip as cold AT tyres may actually have more grip than cold slicks.Its the Formula rookie and I am well aware that cold Slicks have very little grip when they are cold. I am not a newbie to racing sims. I have been playing racing sims with fifteen years. I started in Live for speed. Also its rain tyres I said have far more grip. I can't actually test this now because I am at my own house now. My brother does not live with me and he is he one with the PS4 version. As I said Its clearly the slicks that are on the car when the car is slippery. When he puts on rain tyres which are threaded tyres the car has far far more grip than slicks the bald tyres.

Kinna39
24-09-2017, 22:58
Time Trial mode - can't select 'Best in Session' ghost. Also selecting anything other than World Record ghost seems hardly ever work either.

maxx69
24-09-2017, 23:50
What's the score with the engine damage ? Slight tap on the front and engine overheats a degree a second and poof it's blown . Sometimes without any damage . I get it that the radiator sits in the front but it seems very severe. Is this bugged ?
Just did a race I got helped of track and received 10% front damage which blew my engine within a lap. Another guy had 14% and had no problem . Pit engineer told me to cool the engine ??? Not sure what I'm meant to do , so eased off . Even put it in neutral and coasted , still the temp rocketed .

cwinnbari
25-09-2017, 04:30
The Main menu screen lags like crazy (like takes 15-20 seconds to load)... seems like it takes forever to load the GTR graphic, also happens in the quick race menu

slimsign
25-09-2017, 06:57
I can not see de rear view mirror in helmet view and Cockpit view.
Any ideas?

Dev Nibor
25-09-2017, 06:59
I can not see de rear view mirror in helmet view and Cockpit view.
Any ideas?

did you try changing the FOV?

slimsign
25-09-2017, 07:08
FOV? is that the menu where you can change the HUD-settings? Like changing the place of de hud-items?

Dev Nibor
25-09-2017, 07:16
FOV? is that the menu where you can change the HUD-settings? Like changing the place of de hud-items?

No, Field Of View is changed in camera settings, it's a numerical value and either widens or narrows your viewing experience.

Your mirrors might not show up, because your viewing angle is too narrow.

slimsign
25-09-2017, 07:31
No, Field Of View is changed in camera settings, it's a numerical value and either widens or narrows your viewing experience.

Your mirrors might not show up, because your viewing angle is too narrow.

Aha ok, i will try that tonight!! thanks for your answer..

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 07:32
Bug with car setup saves :
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52581-how-do-car-setup-backups-work&p=1365018&viewfull=1#post1365018

Slicker_VR
25-09-2017, 08:06
Just a small bug, whenever you finish a race at spa and the game switches to the trackside camera, the camera is just showing a brick wall. This disappears when the car passes the first corner.

also on replays, every lap from start line to exit of 1st corner

Dereenigne
25-09-2017, 08:12

I get lap deletion messages even if I donít cut track. For example braking into turn 1 at SPA. The cut track penalties are also too sensitive on PS4 in many tracks.

I was doing some time trail yesterday at Watkins Glen Short and was getting lap deleted for braking too hard into turn 1....

Pink_650S
25-09-2017, 08:13
@OP: If you create a thread with the title “PS4 bug report thread“, you should gather all subsequent bug reports in your first post, so people dont report the same bugs over and over again. And so that mods and devs have a good overview of whats wrong. :)

danowat
25-09-2017, 08:45
Add these to the list

Despite finishing qualifying in a high(er) position, the game demotes you (for no reason), to the back of the grid.

Game crashes on PS4 Pro

The setup system is broken, and keeps trying to save the setup as Circuit of the Americas, rather than the track I'm at, something very similar to the way pc1 would load up random setups.

Some cars become undriveable after you've entered the setting menu, Ginetta GT4 is a good example.

Setup menu lags, tells me I've received a shared setup and then greys out the shared setup button.

Steering rack adjustment has no affect on some cars, and works the wrong way on others (i.e. increasing the rack ratio actually makes the steering more twitchy)

Pad has no way to define non linearity, being able to define some non-linearity would help pad drivers massively.

I can't save the mirror on in the HUD, another problem brought in from pc1.

Menus hang for 30s at a time.

Pink_650S
25-09-2017, 08:45
I was doing some time trail yesterday at Watkins Glen Short and was getting lap deleted for braking too hard into turn 1....

Same.
Not on Watkins Glen, but pretty much on any track. Its hideous.

Menus hang for 30s at a time.

This drives me crazy, as it kills the flow and makes you want to play something else.

Civic
25-09-2017, 08:53
Its the Formula rookie and I am well aware that cold Slicks have very little grip when they are cold. I am not a newbie to racing sims. I have been playing racing sims with fifteen years. I started in Live for speed. Also its rain tyres I said have far more grip. I can't actually test this now because I am at my own house now. My brother does not live with me and he is he one with the PS4 version. As I said Its clearly the slicks that are on the car when the car is slippery. When he puts on rain tyres which are threaded tyres the car has far far more grip than slicks the bald tyres.

I've tested it for you. The tyres work as I'd expect. These tyres work as I'd expect the type of tyres for this class of racing to work. The Slicks are faster when they are up to temperature, the Wets which are actually grooved racing tyres are better suited for cooler conditions and are faster than the Slicks when the Slicks are cold.

FWIW 15 years experience playing games isn't what I'd use as a reference for judging a Sim that is claiming not to be comparable to other Sims but comparable to real life. And although I think PCARS2 is currently falling short of the claim in plenty of areas this isn't one of them. This IMO is a great example of a very realistic tyre model.

slimsign
25-09-2017, 09:22

I even got a drive through.

danowat
25-09-2017, 09:33
Add graphical errors (weirdly blue portion on the screen) at Lydden Hill Rx track.

steve30x
25-09-2017, 09:42
I've tested it for you. The tyres work as I'd expect. These tyres work as I'd expect the type of tyres for this class of racing to work. The Slicks are faster when they are up to temperature, the Wets which are actually grooved racing tyres are better suited for cooler conditions and are faster than the Slicks when the Slicks are cold.

You didn't need to test it for me I know well what I am talking about. We drove the car up to when the tyres got up to temperature with slicks installed and the car still drove like a hovercraft. We drove the car for ten laps and it was no better with slick tyres. It was still a whole lot slippier with slicks than rain tyres. When the tyres get warm in dry sunny conditions with slicks installed he was 30 seconds slower than he was with wet grooved tyres installed.

FWIW 15 years experience playing games isn't what I'd use as a reference for judging a Sim that is claiming not to be comparable to other Sims but comparable to real life. And although I think PCARS2 is currently falling short of the claim in plenty of areas this isn't one of them. This IMO is a great example of a very realistic tyre model.FWIW I also race Real life Go Karts too. I am not comparing PCars 2 to any other game. I was saying that I have 15 years experience in trying to tell you I am no noob. I know how slicks react when they are cold and overheating.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 10:15
I've not been able to find any other mention of this problem but is anyone else having issues with the final gear settings? When I try and increase/decrease the slider the numbers don't change.. I've not been able to shorten the gear ratio on any car so far.

If you are using GT3 cars then no you cannot change the final gear just like real life.

xrnzaaas
25-09-2017, 10:18
I think there is something wrong with the Ginetta GT4 of the Ginetta Proving Grounds event (Cadwell Park). I have raced all 4 community events, a couple of quick races, I'm busy in the Ginetta Junior Championship and so far every car I drove felt really good with the controller. When I came to this proving ground event the car behaved really weird under braking and/or steering. I actually had to lower AI difficulty and aggression to zero, lower the race laps to the bare minimum 2, get out of my immersive helmet camera and drive with bonnet camera instead, restart the race a handful of times and eventually I managed to win the race. It should not be needed this way.

I saw a YouTube video of a streamer who had the exact same things happening as me, I think he even uses a wheel so it's not controller related. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/r6uh7XDa9ro?t=1h28m30s
(don't forward from the time index I gave (1:28:30) since soon you will also see what I also experience on my PS4 Pro and that are the very washed out intro videos)

For me on my controller this car on this track behaves similar to the worse cars in PCARS 1 so I don't know what exactly went wrong here.

This is a really important event since everyone who starts career in Ginetta Junior will eagerly see this event pop up and after 3 or more races in the Junior probably want to try this one out. And then the race that follows is quite the frustration.

I hope some car setup experts from SMS/WMD can check this one out since the car feels all wrong to me (the Ginetta GT3 after this event felt much better again and that was even in the wet).

I had the same problem (also playing using the controller). No issues with the Ginetta Junior cup or random races using Ginetta GT3 model, but in this event however I kept having serious problems on braking and turning. I ended up turning on stability control and low traction control and somehow after x tries finally won (by the way the AI was much faster than on other tracks).

danowat
25-09-2017, 10:20
I had the same problem (also playing using the controller), no issues with the Ginetta Junior cup. In this event however I kept having serious problems on braking and turning. I ended up turning on stability control and low traction control and somehow after x tries finally won (by the way the AI was much faster on other tracks).

The issue seems to present itself if you change (anything) on the tuning setup, if you just run the event without touching the setup, the car is "OK", if you touch the setup, the car seems to go wild.

DeviousDoley
25-09-2017, 10:42
Iím running a new t300rs and find the feedback weak on pj2, as soon as the tyres warm up it goes to light and lacks feel and feed back canít even feel kerbs, currently on informative and default. When tyres are cold itís fine bit heavy but add temperature and itís extremely light, you can one hand most of the cars and the Indy car tyres must be filled with helium. Game needs a ffb patch.

Zenzic
25-09-2017, 11:38
@DeviousDoley: could also be your T300 is scaling down to compensate for internal heat of the FFB motor. You can set the T300 to always run the fans at full speed. See the link below for details on how to activate:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf

RacerDude
25-09-2017, 13:10
I will share my bugs. I do not know if they have been mentioned or not. I do not have time to read through 8 pages at work
INDY car cockpit sounds cuts in and out (mostly out) Noticed mostly at Texas
If you delete a career mode driver the main menu freezes
Damage does not reset when restarting a session
Car setups load for the wrong track
Main menu in general is buggy.
That is all I can think of off the top of my head. Will update later.

JoshTheGeologist
25-09-2017, 13:38

When I enter a private test session on a rally track, my first lap is always deleted the second I move my car

Civic
25-09-2017, 13:40
You didn't need to test it for me I know well what I am talking about. We drove the car up to when the tyres got up to temperature with slicks installed and the car still drove like a hovercraft. We drove the car for ten laps and it was no better with slick tyres. It was still a whole lot slippier with slicks than rain tyres. When the tyres get warm in dry sunny conditions with slicks installed he was 30 seconds slower than he was with wet grooved tyres installed.

FWIW I also race Real life Go Karts too. I am not comparing PCars 2 to any other game. I was saying that I have 15 years experience in trying to tell you I am no noob. I know how slicks react when they are cold and overheating.

What track was he 30 seconds slower at?

I don't know what to say to you, perhaps you will read back and see I never called you a noob. But perhaps you will look back and also see that even though you are telling me you are not a noob you are also telling me that you can't drive on Slicks in the Formula R but I'm having no issue.

Do you know what temperature you got the tyres up to. Do you know they need to be above 80 Celcius? I'd bet you were at only about 60 after multiple laps. And even at 60 it is still easy enough to drive without changing anything in the setup, maybe a little tail happy if there is a shadow over a corner. On a cold day I imagine it would be a bit of a handful but even with the tyres at 40 I can drive it easy enough, you just need to be more careful.

So with all that experience I'm sure you know how to set a car up to put heat in the tyres.

There is an issue with the tyres for what it is worth. On some tracks you come out with them already at 80 in the pits and on other tracks they are below 40. I guess the developers decided F1 tracks have tyre warmers while tracks like Oulton do not. At Oulton I'm one second slower on slicks but at Bahrain I was multiple seconds faster on Slicks. I can't imagine a track where I'd be 30 seconds slower with one of the tyres in decent weather, not even Nordschleife. And I'd be surprised if I can't set up the car to put heat in the tyres so that the Slicks are faster even on a day where the Wet has a slight advantage.

Keep in mind this noob here only drove the Formula R for the first time today and I was running 1:49's on Slicks at Oulton International after just a few laps with the stock setup. Sure the time isn't record breaking but it was easy to do and by what you are saying that should have been impossible considering when I switched to Wet I only ran a 1:48. Both times at 1PM on a Default Sunny Summer day. I went to Bahrain and did 10 laps with wet, then I switched to Slick and went 2 seconds quicker on my first timed lap not to mention that with Wet most of my laps went red at Bahrain because I was right at the track limits but with Slick the car had much more grip and it was easy to stay within the lines.

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 14:15
Tyre temperature does not work for formula rookie, ginetta gt5 and clio cup. Tyres do not warm making practices/ qualify impossible and thus career unplayable in that series.

FramedOne
25-09-2017, 14:38
If you are using GT3 cars then no you cannot change the final gear just like real life.

Is it intentional that you can select shorter ratios for the 2nd gear than the 1st gear for example? I don't know why you would do so, but the game allows it...

Y22 Rydr
25-09-2017, 14:55
You can save only one setup.

If you try to save a copy with a different name it always reverts the name to the name of the first setup.

I have reverted to manually recording my saves. It is a PTA... It would be nice to see the car tune setup saves redone to something like the following:

Track Name (Auto) / Car Name (Auto) / Tune Name (User Input) / Date Created (Auto)

I have no idea why when I make a tune that it disappears at times. Then when I recreate it and name it the same way (I have my own naming convention) it tells me that the name already exists. I go to load the tune and it is not anywhere in the listing.

Death Proof
25-09-2017, 16:48
- Issues with tuning data changing after being save. I have had this happen multiple times.

-Cannot use saved setup data for a car and track from one mode to another. Example: a saved kart/Lemans setup done in practice will not be availabe in career mode.

- I don't notice the AI slider making much of a difference.

-Pit mechanical repairs don't always fix the performance.

-It would be nice to be able to tune the controller input curve.

Brilliant game so far I hope it gets the polish it deserves.

azzamann79
25-09-2017, 20:21
1: Long Beach when sitting in the pits any car. When you first load in there is a patch of blue to the left at the pit wall which slowly disappears as you exit and is not there when driving.

2: Moon physics seem to apply in Formula rookie especially on wet tracks. I lightly tapped the back of the car in front and it shot off into the air like gravity does not apply.

3:Formula Rookie any track: In chase cam the front wheels twitch while on straights with no input from steering

4: Not sure if this is a bug or bad car set up. Clio cup car felt very floaty at Brands Hatch Indy. After trying to dial it in I still had no confidence with it at all. No issues on the rest of the tracks in the series where it felt planted with minimal setup required.

Col-T-Parker_
25-09-2017, 20:58
noticed no crew chief when using head phones

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 21:04
^ No API apps will work with the consoles yet as it's not implemented..... coming to a console near you SMSoon.

Dirtryder
25-09-2017, 21:08
Has anyone worked out how to have soft compound tyres and adjust abs setting in a room with forced default or no tune room. I guess you could include room bars as well. All these could be adjusted in no tune rooms on pc1.
Thanks,

KasperVJensen
25-09-2017, 21:31
The track limits at Portimao. In some places you get penalised for touching the curb.

azzamann79
25-09-2017, 22:43
The track limits at Portimao. In some places you get penalised for touching the curb.

The track limits on many tracks seem a little harsh to me. I am not sure in what series around the world running a little wide on corner exit will earn the wrath of series officials invalidating your time.

Tjeerd
25-09-2017, 22:47
There are so many bugs in this game, it unbelieveble. This game is just not finished. Fortunately gran turismo sport is coming soon.

Lunar_Twisted
25-09-2017, 23:45
This has been bothering me for quite some time now since day 1. I can't hear the guy speaking in the main menu after naming my driver or when I'm about to select a tier. I only see the text at the bottom. Everything in the audio settings are at 100% by default. Also, when I choose my tier, the introduction video starts and I can't hear the female talking. Also, same thing goes with during a race. Unlike what I saw on Youtube, the Xbox One version, the audio seem to work fine.

TristanF
25-09-2017, 23:50
Gonna throw in my few issues.

- The lag when coming out of lobbies I've already seen mentioned, along with the sometimes apocalyptic lag during qualifying/practice with people coming and going.

- Sometimes when joining a session that's in qualifying or practice the game will load up with "waiting" as the session time remaining and will not move beyond that point. I've even had friends join the same session at the same time and theyre able to drive normally so I know it not just that i'm not being pateint enough.

- I have to calibrate my pedals and wheel (t300 w/t3pa) several times every time I start the game, and I mean several times, it's bizarre. If I don't I only get half braking or not quite full throttle etc.

- Game crashes quite frequently (happened to me right after my first pole position qualifying online welp)

- The damage not resetting on a restart that everyone has already moaned about that happens every single time (how was this not picked up?)

- The engine sometimes gets hotter and hotter, even when sitting idle in the pits resulting in an eventual disqualification - damn irritating.

- Not really a bug but just a pointer, when I join an oval race and an IndyCar is selected for me, please make it the oval one and not the road one! I know I can pick myself but sometimes the game pulls you straight in from the lobby when a practice session ends with little warning only to have to leave again anyway.

- Lastly, a request; Please let me change my temperature to Celsius, I know I have it set to imperial for everything else, but in these British isles we have a slightly mad combination of mesurements that i'd love to see reflected in my racing expereince! cheers.

Civic
25-09-2017, 23:56
The track limits on many tracks seem a little harsh to me. I am not sure in what series around the world running a little wide on corner exit will earn the wrath of series officials invalidating your time.

This is a hard one for developers of an serious online racing platform and there have been many complaints about track limits on iRacing.

As crazy and unrealistic as it is to be penalised for driving a line that every real life driver runs the path SMS have taken here I think is the most ideal.

If you have a painted white line around the track and everyone knows that putting your centre line of your car over that line results in a penalty the boundary is clearly established for everyone and that is far superior to the unknown boundaries iRacing has that people need to test and find to gain an advantage.

The only issue I have with the game in this regard is the triggering issues resulting in laps being falsely disallowed and pit entry notifications when you are no where near pit entry.

SaskRacer
26-09-2017, 00:04
I've noticed some issues mostly around trying to save any kind of custom setting. I've customized the HUD every time I start the game and I save it, but it always reverts back to the default every time I start the game again. As well, even though the mirror is set to "On" by default when I go into the HUD set up, unless I toggle it off and then on again, it does not show up in game.

I've found that multiple times, after adjusting and then saving a set up change, the set up change never actually happens. When I go on track to test the change, it has obviously not been done and when I go back to the setup, the change I made has reverted back to default. This is in addition to the issues with saving set ups and only having one setup to take to every track that many have reported.

I find that many vehicles are not geared properly for a given track, which is obviously the case when the car's default set up is the same for Le Mans as it is for Laguna Seca. I've found that at times, with the same car, same track and in fact within the same session, sometimes I can adjust a gear ratio and other times I can't. Once at Laguna with the AMG GT3 I accidentally changed the final drive ratio in the wrong direction and was immediately unable to put it back to default. Weird. Some of these would be minor details, if I could change the set up and then save it. But without that ability, it's impossible to improve on a set up or find speed when a car runs out of RPM half way down the straight or alternatively never gets close to redline due to improper gearing that can't be changed.

Edit: I've now noticed that my final gear ratio will change on it's own, but I still cannot adjust it. When I started a new race, it had saved part of my setup, but had changed the gear ratio from 3.10 to 3.56 which was great, still not the gear you need for an AMG GT3 at Laguna but closer at least. But, after 10 laps I was ready to make some changes, I went in and it was showing the final ratio as 3.10 again and I could not shorten the rear gear at all, never mind to 3.56. At the same time, I tried to change the roll bars and rear springs and they automatically go back to the default and I cannot try a modified set up. I've tried saving multiple times, but nothing works. The brake bias was also set unrealistically to the rear on the AMG so I moved it forward but again can't get it to stay. Every time a new session starts I have to remember to move it from 63% front to 70% front, but can only do so with my wheel. If I set the brake bias up right using the set up menu, it's back to default as soon as I go on track. I usually remember to change it with the wheel AFTER I spin the first time I touch the brake pedal.

More minor issues: tire pressures show as PSI on the HUD app, but as bar in the set up section. As well, in the set up section the fuel is added as Litres, but the HUD shows it as Kgs (though the numerical value stays the same between L and Kgs, despite gasoline not weighing 1Kg/L). I don't understand why you wouldn't make the units the same for both the set up and HUD...

Tjeerd
26-09-2017, 00:16
Roekie car: tyre tempertures drop to zero when leaving the pitlane. The wet tire is faster when the circuit is dry woehahaha. You can put all terrain tyres on a race car, for what?

azzamann79
26-09-2017, 00:26
Well if you are unlucky like me you will get put into a formula rookie race in the middle of winter on a completely iced over track. Not that the ice tyres did any good. I could not make any traction yet the AI seemed to be able to drive the car at pace as if it were a dry track on a fine day. I ended up quitting the event in frustration.

You can put all terrain tyres on a race car, for what?

JoshTheGeologist
26-09-2017, 02:17
Post deleted by user

Sorry it wouldn't let me remove my comment.

Mgizzle
26-09-2017, 02:57
If I start PC2 with my thrustmaster shifter TH8 plugged in, the game doesnt recognize T500RS. If I plug shifter in after hitting the start button in game start up shifter works fine.

Red line in bumper view mode doesnt match actual RPM digital readout. ZL1 camaro shows redline at 6k yet car revs to 6600 for redline. Apmost all other cars the same.

philsen89
26-09-2017, 06:05
- The AI can't start a race without a crash. Every race I start in the career begins with a massiv crash. Sometimes I have to reset the race 10 or more times, just to pass the first corner. I cant believe how bad the AI in this game is, very disappointing.

- Also, there are massive graphic problems in the PS4 (non pro) version. The anti aliasing for example is just worse than the anti aliasing in PCars 1. In some races with rain, there is a grid in the sky, which makes the game look like Toca 3 on my PSone.

- Everytime i try to pit in manually, there is a black pixel ball where my crew should be.

- The textures are sometimes so bad, i can't believe it's not the PS2 Version.

- Last time i tryed time trial in Imola, all the trees beside the pit were full of big green pixels like my gpu is broken or something like that.

I love the physics in project cars 2 and i love the cars, but the technical condition on PS4 is so bad, its really unbelievable and embarrassing for your team. I dont like the physics in forza or gt, but both games have a good technical base without massive bugs like PCars 2.

itonz
26-09-2017, 07:05
pCARS2 ON PS4 Pro with T300rs

I don't know why the weight of steering wheel
on the same car, same track, and the same ambient
sometime HEAVIER sometime LIGHTER?

- a lot of bugs in Multi players
- not Support Button Box, Keyboard
- not support Telemetry app such as "pCars Dash"
- can't adjust HUD by button on steering wheel !!
- some part of font type it's too small
- engine's sound too light

Stocky81
26-09-2017, 07:18
Hi All, rookie car....been testing since friday on T300rs wheel.......

Known issue i believe is the tyre temp on slick. 8 laps in on practice and no hint of change to blue or orange. temps not right. as previous post said. rain tyres faster!!

getting around all this eventually with FFB settings, sensitivity etc. start winning races then race 4.............Rapuna park........ON ICE!!!:mad:

Another known issue is that despite ice tyres, all terain etc. you simply cannot control it. gave up and tried Ferrari 455 i think it was at banochbrae. TOTALLY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE. i almost cried with how much fun i was having.

the game is a masterpiece if they can just fix all these issues.

setups can be worked around but a faff (prev threads describe how). and dont get me started on the HUD!!! hahaha

St4r8ucK
26-09-2017, 07:25
Hello guys! Here is the list of bugs I've noticed in game. Some are critical...

[CAREER] The standings that count for championship points are the standings after the cool down lap (instead of finish line standings) if this feature is enabled !!!
[CAREER] When restarting a race at Long Beach in Formula Rookie in career, pole sitter is a lap down after crossing the starting line
[CAREER] Podium at the end of a career race displays current standings of the replay if you watch the replay after race (example : you look the replay until lap 3, Podium will be the one at Lap 3 and not at the end of race). It doesn't affect championship points though.
[OTHER] Visual damages don't disappear when exiting to pits or restarting the event
[OTHER] At Le Mans with a Porsche RSR. The engine die within a lap every run
[AI] Multiclass in Le Mans with LMP and GT. LMP ignore my presence on the track and destroy me at the pit exit
[OTHER] Setups names and descriptions are screwed up and setup is not sharable among different tracks
[CAREER] When in practice session in career mode, if I use observer mode, the ATH disappears until next session
[OTHER] When simulating the end of a session, AI drivers make unrealistic times (no weather change)
[OTHER] Filter intensity in photo mode has no effect on the image
[CAREER] Missing season standing at the end of a season in career mode (Example : American Formula Rookie)

Final comment : I can't stop playing despite the bugs, you need to fix that guys ;-)

xrnzaaas
26-09-2017, 07:37
Issues from my yesterday's session (everything is from career mode):
- Game froze after showing the cup video after completing the Ginetta Junior championship (I watched the replay before that, don't know if that affected it). I had to close the game and restart the last race in Brands Hatch, because it didn't save the progress.
- Weather in the aforementioned Brand Hatch GP race switches between snow and rain upon restarting the race. You can also have stuff like snow in the race but rain in the replay.
- Sometimes when you start a wet race the windscreen is clean and you hear the wipers working. You have to push the wipers button to fix this.
- In the Ginneta GT3 affinity race in Snetterton I qualified first but then started last.
- I switched the gear change buttons to Square and Circle and quite often I double upshift (happens the most in the Ligier community event). It's not a button issue. I also had one situation when I suddenly dropped from 4th to 1st gear while downshifting. Also sometimes when I pause the game, filter through some options and then resume my car is in one gear higher than before.
- Sometimes the visual damage transfers to the next race after restarting it. I had it in the Vintage Lotus invitational when I started with a cracked windscreen.
- The tire glitches appear sometimes when playing with a controller (they move max left or max right for a fraction of the second). Doesn't affect how the car behaves.
- In the Vintage Lotus Trophy invitational at Monza AI cars crash 9 out 10 times in the first corner.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 08:27
- In the Ginneta GT3 affinity race in Snetterton I qualified first but then started last.

Did you skip to the end of qualification?

Scuderia Paul
26-09-2017, 08:46
After exiting Photo Mode in a Replay gameplay will more often than not fail to continue to play. The car will remain in the same position on circuit, while the camera pans erratically, but the wheels will remain in motion. Sound is also unaffected.

PS4 Standard

Apologies but I cannot remember how to post YT videos properly.

https://youtu.be/7g7w0VP_n60

Odd items appearing on circuit at Fuji Speedway. Typical that it appears at Fuji while the entire Mount Fuji disappears from Replays. Looks like an advertising hoarding. The object cannot be crashed into - I did it for science!

HalfMoonRider
26-09-2017, 09:57
I started my career yesterday and despite of the bugs i've already know appear, i had fun with it.

I dont know has this been informed yet, but one thing i noticed that almost ruined my race. I had a over 40-seconds lead and managed to reach the last competitor of the race. The problem was that this driver didn't give me any room and raced with me like i was racing with him. I started to pass him in straight line and we were side by side when braking point arrived. I was on a outside line and he tried to push me out of the road (there was a contact). Luckyly i managed to keep my car under control and finally passed him, but this is pretty important thing what should be fixed.

I dont know does it matter, but i drived Ginetta Juniors UK Championship and track was Oulton Park.

breyzipp
26-09-2017, 11:35
When in replay and you pause the playing and then go to photo mode (or maybe straight to photo mode which pauses it as well), if you then go back and want to continue the replay the “play/pause” button does not work anymore.

Scuderia Paul
26-09-2017, 11:37
When in replay and you pause the playing and then go to photo mode (or maybe straight to photo mode which pauses it as well), if you then go back and want to continue the replay the “play/pause” button does not work anymore.
If you click into Photo Mode then back out again it will sort it. It solves the issue I posted just above too.

The_Flurk
26-09-2017, 11:43
Setup:
PS4 version (up to date)
CSLE PS4 + CSP v2 (up to date) + Formula Carbon Rim

Wheel is listed as a Thrustmaster Fanatec CSRE >> acknowledged text bug by forum mods
Very bad FFB, feels hugely saturated, no FX (bumps, kerbs) response at all >> very critical, game is unplayable due to this
Cannot use left joystick and "funky switches" and rotation dials on the Formula Carbon rim
Sometimes (I had it during private test on Monza cannot remember the car, all damage full enabled) engine temperature keeps rising and eventually the engine blows

xrnzaaas
26-09-2017, 11:45
Did you skip to the end of qualification?

No I didn't. I set a pole time and then waited until the 15 minutes was over (I know about the qualy bug when you skip to the end and I'm avoiding it). My buddy Danowat had the same issue apparently (he qualified 4th, was demoted to 21st).

zimbarbaluba
26-09-2017, 11:50
No I didn't. I set a pole time and then waited until the 15 minutes was over (I know about the qualy bug when you skip to the end and I'm avoiding it). My buddy Danowat had the same issue apparently (he qualified 4th, was demoted to 21st).

Same happened to me and being aware of the skip session bug I was careful to wait until the end of the session. I qualified 8th and start 22nd.

JoshTheGeologist
26-09-2017, 12:04
Hello guys! Here is the list of bugs I've noticed in game. Some are critical...

[CAREER] The standings that count for championship points are the standings after the cooldown lap if this feature is enabled !!!
[CAREER] When restarting a race at Long Beach in Formula Rookie in career, pole sitter is a lap down after crossing the starting line
[CAREER] Podium at the end of a career race displays standings of the replay if you watch the replay after race
[OTHER] Visual damages don't disappear when exiting to pits or restarting the event
[OTHER] At Le Mans with a Porsche RSR. The engine die within a lap every run
[AI] Multiclass in Le Mans with LMP and GT. LMP ignore my presence on the track and destroy me at the pit exit
[OTHER] Setups names and descriptions are screwed up and setup is not sharable among different tracks
[CAREER] When in practice session in career mode, if I use observer mode, the ATH disappears until next session
[OTHER] When simulating the end of a session, AI drivers make unrealistic times (no weather change)
[OTHER] Filter intensity in photo mode has no effect on the image
[CAREER] Missing season standing at the end of a season in career mode (Example : American Formula Rookie)

Final comment : I can't stop playing despite the bugs, you need to fix that guys ;-)

The standings change based on the cool down lap or if you watch the replay? Oh boy, that's huge

RaceFace85
26-09-2017, 12:05
There is a problem that the FFB setup is not applied after starting the game. You have to go to the FFB setup menu to apply the settings.

Olijke Poffer
26-09-2017, 13:16
Found a nasty display bug at the Road America track. On the straight there is a scenery build error. See image,

Flins
26-09-2017, 14:52
hi

PS4 Pro User

I don't know if it has been reported,
- Rainy conditions are not working properly in private tests. The track is still dry from light rain to storm.
- During Race, Rainy conditions are working properly but replay doesn't display water on the track

rmboss
26-09-2017, 15:58
Found a nasty display bug at the Road America track. On the straight there is a scenery build error. See image,

I have bugs like this on about 10 different tracks, also changin colour to blue etc.

rmboss
26-09-2017, 16:18

Olijke Poffer
26-09-2017, 16:28
Let’s hope they can fix this in a short time frame. It is really an annoying bug.

breyzipp
26-09-2017, 18:55

Wrong colour for the standard 1971 Ford Escort RS1600. This is called yellow/black but it has the exact same colour scheme as the one to the right (which is red/gun metal)

Zenzic
26-09-2017, 21:14
Noticed an issue in career mode, racing the Ginetta Jr at Silverstone National, exiting Becketts onto Wellington straight: looking into the rear view mirror towards Becketts the tarmac seems to disappear for a few seconds, seemingly taking on the color of the sky. This happened every lap, whether it was raining or dry.

Civic
26-09-2017, 21:46

I have also experienced this at Bathurst and Nordschleife.

SinceEighty3
26-09-2017, 21:55
Wrong colour for the standard 1971 Ford Escort RS1600. This is called yellow/black but it has the exact same colour scheme as the one to the right (which is red/gun metal)

Found this also. Oddly, there are a couple of yellow/black schemes already, so this could be a duplicate.

I have also experienced this at Bathurst and Nordschleife.

Same here, so far on Nurburgring GP, Catalunya, and California Highway. Often appears at race start but not only there. Pixels can be red/white or blue and usually resolve while driving past. I'll edit in screenshots when I can.

Donnced
26-09-2017, 22:10
@IanBell

First at all thanks for this great game with huge potential!
Let's go and see some issues on the 1.03 version in a standard PS4 with 4.74 firmware.

-Well I've got quite some desconections to main menu and some CE blue error screens on PS4 Standard....

-Also,the rating still shows U1500 meanwhile I've lost points due the desconections.... It shows correct in the lobby, but not in the upper right part of the screen in the main IU...
So for me I'm out of the online till it's more stable and get things fixed.

-Also needs a "button" to silence al micros,so you don't have to go one to one to silence them...

-Playing with the wheel we don't have a right joystick.... So we can't move the results table from the wheel.

-Meanwhile people is on track and you enter the lobby would be great to see that a session is ongoing.

I know it's a online tread, but seen some bugs/issues offline career mode.

-career given me an invitation due "you have raced 50 races" ...
And i Only did the Ginetta junior races in "complete" and that is only about 10 races...

- Intro video lags and is to bright / over exposed, same for the videos in career mode.

- In career races, when you go to photo-mode you can't select filters(none works)

- In video settings i deactivated the first option (filter) i think its an AA filter, but it only adds some darker shadows...without the filter the game seems sharper and better...

- Seen some strange lines in the skybox in evening settings. 

-Missing and flickering textures during gameplays and replays

- In most of the replays of rainy races... Track Seems dry...but with water spray effects..

-When you want to save car set-up, the file name is always from an other car and track instead the one you are using.

-Hud customise don't save / work correctly and can't be done from the wheel..

-Screen calibration. Mmmm, what should it do? Because the screen don't move.

-Input lag in the IU...you have to push sometimes up to 10 times on the D-pad to move from one car skin to an other.

-In brands Hatch indy meanwhile you are in the middle of the track, the box speed limit screen shows up.

-Some times you take heavy damage, and they call you to box,but once there... No mechanics to fix and do pitstop.

-Would be great to add the possibility of having the virtual rear mirror also in cockpit views.

_Fůrmula C and Lotus classic events have a strange wheel movement on grid.

-Visual damage don't fix/resets after pitstop, go to box o restart race.

-some track limits should be tweaked.

FFB wheel do sometimes crazy shakes or centering movement going to box or restarting a race (T150 on last firmware)

That what I've seen..and Don't gonna repeat AI issues known, or the "automatic" tyre selection issue known..

Sure or hopep that soon all those little bugs / issues will be ironed out...
Thanks in advance, and thanks again for the great game, it sure has a huge potential!

breyzipp
26-09-2017, 23:37
Weird issue after a custom race on Algarve.

Setting was 31 opponents. Multi-class Road D, E, F, G.

After my cooldown lap I drive into the pits (most AI were already there) and I get a ""pitbox already occupied" warning. But, my box was actually not occupied.

rmboss
27-09-2017, 00:46
@Donnced - well done mate that’s a piece of good job here. You should work for them as a game tester then we all will have happy days now.

JoshTheGeologist
27-09-2017, 03:15
Here is a very interesting bug I found tonight. I'm not sure if this is an SMS issue, a sony issue or a thrustmaster issue...

I was using my wheel while my PS4 controller was on. I had it on to talk to my friend Ryan. I was shareplaying Project Cars 2 with him. When I gave him control, my wheel was still plugged in. He wasn't able to move until I restarted shareplay without my wheel plugged in. After a while I took the controller back. Upon doing so, my wheel would not work even when I turned the controller off. No buttons on the wheel responded to touch as if it was unplugged, however it was still lit up and everything. Unplugging and replugging the wheel did not solve the issue, and neither did ending shareplay. The only thing that would fix the issue is closing the application with my ps4 controller. This returned responsiveness to my wheel. We swapped two more times throughout the night and it happened again each time.

I believe me having two controllers on somehow confused the system when he would take the controller/or I would take it back.

TopAirspace
27-09-2017, 07:39
Hi all, this is an issue that has rolled on over from Project Cars 1,
A wierd low texture Graphical Bug that appears on the top corner on the window on the AI Clio Cup cars.

Olijke Poffer
27-09-2017, 08:04
The handbrake does not work. It is mapped to the X button by default but when I press it it does not pull the handbrake.
Tried to map it again but without good results.
When I use the clutch pedal at the start of a race I use the handbrake to prevent the car start rolling but it does not work.
Other users see this behaviour as well?

Donnced
27-09-2017, 08:27
The handbrake does not work. It is mapped to the X button by default but when I press it it does not pull the handbrake.
Tried to map it again but without good results.
When I use the clutch pedal at the start of a race I use the handbrake to prevent the car start rolling but it does not work.
Other users see this behaviour as well?
Quite some race cars in real life don't have hand brake, and that is the same in Project C.A.R.S 2... Take "simple" road cars o RX cars or Drift car and you will see that the handbrake work as intended.
Don't see an issue here :)

Olijke Poffer
27-09-2017, 08:37
Really? But why was this not a problem in PC1. Lol. But if it is the way it works then I have no problems.

breyzipp
27-09-2017, 09:12
Quite some race cars in real life don't have hand brake, and that is the same in Project C.A.R.S 2... Take "simple" road cars o RX cars or Drift car and you will see that the handbrake work as intended.
Don't see an issue here :)

True but, do the Aston Martin DB11 and the BMW 1-Series coupe StanceWorks Edition have handbrakes? Because I tried them both this morning and it had no effect.

So maybe there is a bug with the handbrake in cars that should have it. It’s not that it’s wrongly mapped or so though, it worked in some other cars I tried (like rallycross and a few other street cars).

In the Ligier LMP2 from the community event the handbrake didn’t work either but over there I assume it’s perectly normal since I suppose LMPs don’t have a handbrake. :)

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
27-09-2017, 09:14
Don't know if this has been posted, when exiting pit during rain, wipers aren't working but you can hear their sound as if working.
Engineer/Crew chief can't be heard when connected through digital output from PS4 (was a problem with pcars1), it's being send through chat channel.

breyzipp
27-09-2017, 09:33
In this description for braking pressure, I think that last sentence should be that a lower brake pressure might result in the car not using its full braking performance potential.

Djuvinile
27-09-2017, 10:08
Love the game to bits.. there's only 1 thing quite annoying which i think is adressed allready !? (couldnt find threads about it) The lag someone creates joining or leaving a multiplayer session is quite severe. In fact this was a known pcars 1 issue (which i could live with). but now it really affects your driving and laptimes, and it sended me into the barriers 3 times now because during the lag it also overrules the control input (shift/brake/throttle). so im not trying to get direct answers here just want to know if its adressed/looked at.

Icecream-Inc
27-09-2017, 11:56
Formula C career at Sonoma
practice, everyone except me gets disqualified.
qualify, everyone except me gets disqualified.
race went fine no DQ's
i have no idea why..

ps note. the tyres behave as you would expect them to do, unlike road america where the track seems to cause them to cool down ultra quickly

short straight between 3rd and 2nd last corners on SUGO theres a slowdown for half a second followed by a speed up for half a second. has happened on fr and fc.

solocapers
27-09-2017, 12:06
Hi all, this is an issue that has rolled on over from Project Cars 1,
A wierd low texture Graphical Bug that appears on the top corner on the window on the AI Clio Cup cars.

Unrelated, however I get a bug instead of the window showing lines as per that SS, I get lines very similar in appearance in the sky when its a very clear day.

PS4 pro @ 4k with HDR on. Ill see if I can screen shot it today.

Its very weird seeing a clear blue sky with those kind of lines showing through it.

missiletest
27-09-2017, 16:57
In time trial, when I exit, my fastest time is not being recorded and added to the leaderboard. Next to my name it always says N/A. Also, if I spin in the last corner on a lap, the next lap is invalidated. This makes no sense, as spinning in the last corner does not aid the next lap at all.

missiletest
27-09-2017, 17:00
The racing line does not appear or it either appears and disappears in corners. And I don't want to see any replies telling me to turn the racing line off. It's a game feature I like to use and it doesn't work. This thread is for bug reporting and the racing line is bugged. All of you may be Michael Schumacher or Lewis Hamilton and don't use the line, but I'm not.

seb02
28-09-2017, 07:18
sorry if this has already been reported but there is a graphic problem on Lidden Hill GP: a blue texture appears

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 07:24
Second playing session, some more bugs encountered :

[CONTROLS] The pedals calibration wipe out when closing the game. That means you need to fully push each pedal after loading the game in order to have a working pedal. Not an issue for the accelerator but a big problem for the brake because if you don't fully push the pedal before going on the track you will encounter major braking lock issues!!! Could be the reason some report undrivable cars...
[COSMETIC] In the car selection screen a time is given for each vehicule for 0-60 even when in metric system. Should be 0-100.
[CAREER] Podium at the end of a career race displays standings of the replay if you watch the replay after race => Confirmed and easily reproductible

grahambo39
28-09-2017, 07:37
So this has happened to me twice now. I started a new career in formula rookie at Long Beach. I did a little practice and skipped to end session. I did qualifying, got P1 and ended the session. I start on the pole and right at the beginning of the race (front straight) I am somehow already in last place and 1 min, 20 sec behind the field yet I'm my car is first on the track. Please help.

steve30x
28-09-2017, 07:47
What track was he 30 seconds slower at?

I don't know what to say to you, perhaps you will read back and see I never called you a noob. But perhaps you will look back and also see that even though you are telling me you are not a noob you are also telling me that you can't drive on Slicks in the Formula R but I'm having no issue.I'm saying its impossible to drive with slicks with the Formula Rookie on the PS4. I can drive perfectly fine with slicks on my PC Version. I don't know how often I have to repeat this before its understood. You never called me a noob but the way you are replying to me is like you are implying I am lying or I am some sort of noob.

Do you know what temperature you got the tyres up to. Do you know they need to be above 80 Celcius? I'd bet you were at only about 60 after multiple laps. And even at 60 it is still easy enough to drive without changing anything in the setup, maybe a little tail happy if there is a shadow over a corner. On a cold day I imagine it would be a bit of a handful but even with the tyres at 40 I can drive it easy enough, you just need to be more careful.The tyres were light green and the car was still no better to drive than they were when they were blue. Also the car is a whole lot more than tail happy. This is on every single track in the game. For instance on Autodromo Internacional Algarve We had to go very slowly around the first corner or the car would swap ends , but on my PC version We just need to lift off for a second to slow down slightly and we can fly around that same corner on the PC with the same tyres on the same track conditions.

You may not have problem with the tyres but On my brothers PC the car is a hovercraft with slicks on every single track. I don't know why you keep thinking I am lying or that I have no Idea what I am talking about.

So with all that experience I'm sure you know how to set a car up to put heat in the tyres. Yes I do. There you thinking I have no idea what I am talking about and I am some sort of noob.

There is an issue with the tyres for what it is worth. On some tracks you come out with them already at 80 in the pits and on other tracks they are below 40. I guess the developers decided F1 tracks have tyre warmers while tracks like Oulton do not. At Oulton I'm one second slower on slicks but at Bahrain I was multiple seconds faster on Slicks. I can't imagine a track where I'd be 30 seconds slower with one of the tyres in decent weather, not even Nordschleife. And I'd be surprised if I can't set up the car to put heat in the tyres so that the Slicks are faster even on a day where the Wet has a slight advantage. Don't forget that with wet races the tyres slowly cool down during the race. As I said this problem only exists on my brothers PS4. The problem does not exist on my PC version of the game. (Yes I've had to repeat myself again.

Keep in mind this noob here only drove the Formula R for the first time today and I was running 1:49's on Slicks at Oulton International after just a few laps with the stock setup. Sure the time isn't record breaking but it was easy to do and by what you are saying that should have been impossible considering when I switched to Wet I only ran a 1:48. Both times at 1PM on a Default Sunny Summer day. I went to Bahrain and did 10 laps with wet, then I switched to Slick and went 2 seconds quicker on my first timed lap not to mention that with Wet most of my laps went red at Bahrain because I was right at the track limits but with Slick the car had much more grip and it was easy to stay within the lines.I won't repeat myself again. I am fedup of this already. I get it , you don't believe me because your copy of the game doesn't have the problem that exists on my brothers version of the game.

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 07:57
So this has happened to me twice now. I started a new career in formula rookie at Long Beach. I did a little practice and skipped to end session. I did qualifying, got P1 and ended the session. I start on the pole and right at the beginning of the race (front straight) I am somehow already in last place and 1 min, 20 sec behind the field yet I'm my car is first on the track. Please help.

I've reported this bug mate :

Workaround is to not restart the race for me!

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 07:59
I'm saying its impossible to drive with slicks with the Formula Rookie on the PS4. I can drive perfectly fine with slicks on my PC Version. I don't know how often I have to repeat this before its understood. You never called me a noob but the way you are replying to me is like you are implying I am lying or I am some sort of noob.

The tyres were light green and the car was still no better to drive than they were when they were blue. Also the car is a whole lot more than tail happy. This is on every single track in the game. For instance on Autodromo Internacional Algarve We had to go very slowly around the first corner or the car would swap ends , but on my PC version We just need to lift off for a second to slow down slightly and we can fly around that same corner on the PC with the same tyres on the same track conditions.

You may not have problem with the tyres but On my brothers PC the car is a hovercraft with slicks on every single track. I don't know why you keep thinking I am lying or that I have no Idea what I am talking about.

Yes I do. There you thinking I have no idea what I am talking about and I am some sort of noob.

Don't forget that with wet races the tyres slowly cool down during the race. As I said this problem only exists on my brothers PS4. The problem does not exist on my PC version of the game. (Yes I've had to repeat myself again.

I won't repeat myself again. I am fedup of this already. I get it , you don't believe me because your copy of the game doesn't have the problem that exists on my brothers version of the game.

You may encounter this :

[CONTROLS] The pedals calibration wipe out when closing the game. That means you need to fully push each pedal after loading the game in order to have a working pedal. Not an issue for the accelerator but a big problem for the brake because if you don't fully push the pedal before going on the track you will encounter major braking lock issues!!! Could be the reason some report undrivable cars...

=> You can easily verify this by looking in the telemetry.

By the way I see many people complain about tire temperature on Formula Rookie car and I'm surprised because I have no issue with that.

steve30x
28-09-2017, 08:05
You may encounter this :

=> You can easily verify by looking in the telemetry.

By the way I see many people complain about tire temperature on Formula Rookie car and I'm surprised because I have no issue with that.Thank you. I will pass this on to my brother so that he can try it and see if it helps. He lives on the other side of the town so I can't test it myself.

Also the tyres do seem to take far too long to heat up in all the cars. It shouldn't take three to four laps for the tyres to get up to temperature. I remember the last time I was racing on a real go kart after only one lap tyres were up to temperature , but I was pushing so hard the tyres were overheating after six laps.

danowat
28-09-2017, 08:23
Changing the setup description hangs the game.

AHMA_FIN
28-09-2017, 08:25
-Time gap bug in career mode (standard PS4):

Hello, I found issue in career mode (Formula Rookie first race) race qualification times. Even if I qualified 1st with -2.5s difference and started actual race at 1st grid, somehow immediately after green light I dropped last position with +1:21:00 time gap from lead. There was no penalty.. It happens over and over again even I restart race.

AHMA_FIN
28-09-2017, 08:39
-Glittering "ghost" car (chase camera view)

Sometimes my cars turns to ghost and start glitter after PIT start. In addition car also turns headlights off in night run.

garenki
28-09-2017, 08:53
It's unbelievable that the most trending topic by far is about bug report. And the other half of the threads are about....well, bugs.

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 09:00
-Time gap bug in career mode (standard PS4):

Hello, I found issue in career mode (Formula Rookie first race) race qualification times. Even if I qualified 1st with -2.5s difference and started actual race at 1st grid, somehow immediately after green light I dropped last position with +1:21:00 time gap from lead. There was no penalty.. It happens over and over again even I restart race.

I think you encounter this bug :

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 09:40
[COSMETIC] Even if my real name has been declarer in my profile, when I do a quick race or test session, the name used is my PSNID

JoshTheGeologist
28-09-2017, 10:42
[COSMETIC] Even if my real name has been declarer in my profile, when I do a quick race or test session, the name used is my PSNID

This one bugs me way more than it should lol

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 11:06
This one bugs me way more than it should lol

Same here. Only cosmetic bug annoying :p

V_sNaiLoRd_12
28-09-2017, 11:20
automated rolling starts makes the car shift quickly to idle first almost all the time resulting in bad launches

Borez
28-09-2017, 12:58
The age old problem of AI on rails in the rain. Total downpour at Brands hatch in the super lites, career mode and seemingly it makes no difference to the AI what so ever. I'm on wets and it's like an ice rink, they're just off into the distance.

You may as well just skip the race altogether. Hope this is not a trend in every wet race throughout career.

Flins
28-09-2017, 13:04
In Rouen les essart with small cars. Don't know if that problem occures to other tracks

when the car starts to get out of the pits, it bumps into the safety barrier.

JoshTheGeologist
28-09-2017, 13:23
Is there an issue with the racing line? I leave it on and I only ever pay attention to it when I'm on a track I've never been to before. The line sometimes is gone when on the straightaways and appears on most but not all corners. Furthermore it doesn't appear the slightest but accurate. It often tells you to go way too fast

Lord_Flexington
28-09-2017, 13:27
Menue screen freezes for alomst 15s-2minutes EVERYTIME i go back to the home screen

Joining a friends session and i get ported into another lobby/track/whatever

Menu screen freezing is huge!

I cannot get mirrors to show up in cockpit. When in bonnet came i have the mirror (HUD ON FULL) go to cockpit or helmet and that mirror is gone.
Helmet will not show up in helmet cam/look into corner is mostly nonexistant

After changing tire pressure car will leave pit with 0 tire pressure in rear acting like the car has zero wheels on.

Joining lobbies stuck in first camera (no car just tracK) won't let me switch.

Thats all for now really.

Lord_Flexington
28-09-2017, 13:28
Same here. Only cosmetic bug annoying :p

that needs to go. Yes i could just create a new profile or something butwhy?? Let us change our names please...

ant1897
28-09-2017, 13:29
Not a game breaking issue but....

The sound when you hit a puddle with your wheel has to be one of the worst samples ever sampled, in the history of samples. Maybe ever.

Sounds like someone dropping a #2 from 10 feet above the bowl.

Ive hydroplanned many times IRL. Never made a sound like that.

Borez
28-09-2017, 13:55
Is there an issue with the racing line? I leave it on and I only ever pay attention to it when I'm on a track I've never been to before. The line sometimes is gone when on the straightaways and appears on most but not all corners. Furthermore it doesn't appear the slightest but accurate. It often tells you to go way too fast

I turned the line on the other day to have a look, I usually don't use it. As far as I can gather it doesn't tell you where to brake, it tells you when you're going too fast into the corner, any corner where you should be flat out it doesn't appear at all. It's not needed on the straights. In respect to that I thought it seemed like a far better method of teaching you how much speed to carry into a corner than the usual; you follow this and brake exactly at this point.

Maciej619
28-09-2017, 14:37
Not a game breaking issue but....

The sound when you hit a puddle with your wheel has to be one of the worst samples ever sampled, in the history of samples. Maybe ever.

Sounds like someone dropping a #2 from 10 feet above the bowl.

Ive hydroplanned many times IRL. Never made a sound like that.

Haha, +1 on this. First thing that came into my mind after hearing the splash is this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6S_ODNUiCI

Rednose58
28-09-2017, 15:07
Platform PS4

Game freezing up. Once on Sep 25 during an online race in Karts at Knock Hill. When the game restarted it was frustratingly slow in loading up and to react from pressing the menu buttons to actually move to the next screen or selection. Twice tonight Sep 27. Both in single player free practice mode. Once at Sugo and once at Indy Road course. I haven't started the game up again since this froze-up.

I can set and save the full rear view mirror when in cockpit view, but as soon as I cycle through the views, when I get back to cockpit view it is gone. Then I have to go back and put it back and not go out of cockpit view again, otherwise same thing happen

Last night in online racing I did not have the grid starting lights for the first few races and then suddenly it was there again.

Even though I set the steering dead zone at zero, I can't get the dead zone of approx 10 degrees dialed out (G29 wheel). This causes the wheel to start shaking back and forth when you go down long straights. (If it is a problem with setup, then I need guidance on how to set my wheel up to get the dead zone removed and still give me a wheel with a fair amount of heaviness/resistance)

It seems that the rolling start feature is a disaster. Major pile up happened in Daytona road course where I was hit by a car coming from the front and bumping me backwards into the pit wall. Not sure if it was a network or lagging problem, but it left me with a pretty banged up Ferrari.

The following probably are "Wants" more than issues:
How can I view the garage without going into a game mode? That was a handy feature in PCars 1 that seems to be dropped from Pcars 2?

To edit the Tuning Setup the game has to load it every time you you go into Tuning screens - frustrating slow

It seems that if you go out of bounds anywhere in the last sector it will delete your next lap time regardless if you were benefiting from the OOB or not. How does that rule work?

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 16:15
[COSMETIC] Pit speed limit warning appears on screen when you are not entering pit (at all!)

Flins
28-09-2017, 16:20
[COSMETIC] Pit speed limit warning appears on screen when you are not entering pit (at all!)

I love this opened beta !!!

solocapers
28-09-2017, 16:27

Thats been set like that by design. A full racing line was in P Cars 1 however it was decided to remove on straights.

It was mentioned a few days ago that it may be put back in later on.

Olijke Poffer
28-09-2017, 16:58
How is it possible that a test team did not encountered all those bugs..

xeronima
28-09-2017, 17:45
Here's my observations.

On ps4 with a t300

A) FFB , the volume adjusts during the laps. Ok nice feature. When crossing the finish line on le mans in the Ferrari GTE is adjusted violently. It felt like the difference of adding 10 to the gain slider. On azure coast it adjusted abruptly a couple of times. Went from no strength to good strength to almost nothing and back to good.*

B) at oulton park there was cones in the air when i restarted. Those cones then remained in the air for the next race. A bit of a distraction through turn one for the next many laps*

C) there's a harsh 'stutter' in the background graphics on Texas road curse, when driving on the infield. This was to the extend that it caused a bit of pain in the eyes ...*

D) the buzz killer of them all for me. Bob the AI randomly took over the car I the middle of a race. I know you made him better@IanBell*but I prefer to decide when he drives and when he doesn't. It happened at a Le mans race after 40 minutes. And again in the Porsche Moby dick factory event after 5 minutes. The system wasn't restarted in between the two events.*

E) the Porsche 919 overheats like no tomorrow in the Porsche proving grounds. I tried keeping it below 6000 rpm but still after 40% of coast de azure the engine overheated. And radiator opening was at 100%

None the less. There's a lot of entertainment (and frustration) in the game !

Holblood
28-09-2017, 18:38
My most irritating point is when you go back to the main menu, it takes ages to load. Its like its stuck or something.

Also when i use cockpit vieuw with a open wheel car, the shadows are like "super mario nintento 1" graphics.

wyldanimal
28-09-2017, 19:22
Wait for Ready, a bug or Feature?
reported here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53471-Wait-for-Ready-bug-or-Feature

breyzipp
28-09-2017, 20:17
The turn indicator is not working for the community event #1 (Indycar at COTA) for the very first turn on the first lap. From the second lap on it works in that turn. Not sure if it matters but I have the driving line off, only turn indicator on. PS4 Pro.

GenBrien
28-09-2017, 20:49
dont know if its a bug or ''bad feature''

but would it be possible, when you're in race and quit the pause menu to resume race, that the button you pressed do nothing in the ''live'' race

ex: I'm in 3rd gear, I press pause. I then de-pause the game pressing X (my shift-up button) over the ''resume'' line. Game resumes but now I'm in 4th gear
ex2: I'm in the pause menu and I press the O button to get out of it and resume race. My O button is to change view, so when race is resumed I'm no longer on the view I was

breyzipp
28-09-2017, 20:58

This happened to me several times as well. But sometimes it does, sometimes doesn't (while driving on the circuit tarmac somewhere near the pit entry but certainly not on it yet).

It's really weird, like at Oulton you pass by the pits 3-4 laps or something and all is fine, suddenly the 5th lap you get the on-screen message when you pass there again.

Tackleberry
28-09-2017, 21:48
Apologies if this has already been mentioned............L/H Rear of cars clipping the Wall on Pit Exit at Spa.

I seem to remember this was a bug in PC1 that was eventually ironed out.

JoshTheGeologist
29-09-2017, 01:59
AI are no longer taking joker laps in rally tracks... Seriously? Sigh :(

GBO Possum
29-09-2017, 02:11
I don't know if this is a "bug", however, for me, it's a "problem".

I have a 1TB drive on my PS4 Pro, with over 780 GBs unused. I have 11 replays saved so far. I'm thinking that's not much, since with GT6 on my PS3 I had over 1,400 replays saved. Yes, I'm crazy, but that's not the issue. I just like replays, especially as a source of material for photomode.

I tried to save the 12th replay and got an error message (see below). So if I get out of the event to delete a prior replay, I lose the current one. The message suggests I could try again, but that doesn't make any sense, and doesn't work of course.

I'm wondering what the other 700+ GBs on the hard drive is for!

Is there a workaround for this?

I'm not allowed to link to things, but there's an image in gtplanet post at
www dot gtplanet dot net/forum/attachments/project-cars-2_20170928202623-small-jpg.676004/

seb02
29-09-2017, 06:17
On ps4, i think AI is really too fast. can you look at this? Thanks

Litusgaga
29-09-2017, 06:26
Since yesterday the menu game is going really slow, no problem during races though.

What annoy me the most is that yesterday I manage to upgrade my online safety rate to "F" and everynow and then the game changes it. From time to time I'm an "U" again, then after 5 minutes it changes again and I'm an "F"...Are you having problems with the online profiles?

I play in PS4.

b1sakher
29-09-2017, 08:15
IMPORTANT & EASY TO FIX:
Replay cam in Spa, the camera in La Source turn is hidden behind a red block. Can someone confirm this too?

danowat
29-09-2017, 08:16
Disappearing setups.

You can spend a lot of time in private testing creating a setup, save the setup, but when you go to career, the setup has gone.

Demotion to back of grid despite being on pole.

Qualifying first, race starts, and game thinks I am at the back of the grid, despite still being in 1st

Dev Nibor
29-09-2017, 08:23
IMPORTANT & EASY TO FIX:
Replay cam in Spa, the camera in La Source turn is hidden behind a red block. Can someone confirm this too?

yes, I mentioned this already on first page of the thread.

St4r8ucK
29-09-2017, 08:24
Disappearing setups.

You can spend a lot of time in private testing creating a setup, save the setup, but when you go to career, the setup has gone.

Demotion to back of grid despite being on pole.

Qualifying first, race starts, and game thinks I am at the back of the grid, despite still being in 1st

danowat
29-09-2017, 08:48

Happened straight from qualifying without restarting.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 08:54
On ps4, i think AI is really too fast. can you look at this? Thanks

We need more information than that please as " I think AI is really too fast" does not really tell us much.
What settings have you tried with regard to the AI.
What cars.
What tracks.

hossa
29-09-2017, 08:58
Just started my first chamionship off road (rally X, dirtfish, ford) and want to report 2 bugs.

1. taking the joker round in laps 2-4 of qualifying gets you a penalty stating that I've already taken one before. Taking joker round in the first lap doesn't get you a penalty.

2. Got a 1:01:00 min (61s) penalty for driving "off track". However I never was off track, only slightly on grass with two tires between S1 and S2 in this slalom like part of the track. (You never really can be off track on dirt and with 'walls' on both sides of the track. 61s must be a bug, since this is not a penalty but a KO since one lap takes you less than a minute.

3. An overall bug: in HUD you can't find symbols for ABS and TSK in PS4 version - On PC version they are there - right next to oil temperature and fuel.

Please fix this.

Dev Nibor
29-09-2017, 09:03
IMO I don't think the AI is too fast, at least not on all classes/tracks.
In my case I experienced the following in the career:

Ginetta Junior - AI on 95 - Won the league without problems
Ginetta GT5 - AI on 60 - Tried AI 95 first but could not keep up, had to set it to 60 to remain competitive
GT4 - AI on 95 - Driving with the Cayman and can easily win again on the higher difficulty.

So I think it's rather a point of consistency

danowat
29-09-2017, 09:05
We need more information than that please as " I think AI is really too fast" does not really tell us much.
What cars.
What tracks.

Ha!, I'd probably say the opposite, that the AI is too slow, well, definitely too slow in qualifying, I have to put them at 100-110 for a competitive opposition, but they are quick in the races, slightly.

Donnced
29-09-2017, 09:21
Mmmmmm,are some cars with "fixed Setup" in online and not in equal conditions?
Cause in curbs you can be faster than others and open gap but others on straight got an insane speed.

https://youtu.be/fMUqmM6ongw

Cars not showing up in replays.

https://youtu.be/1-7OnoRF6hs

Thanks to "Roberto" for the videos.

In online, driver information don't show up correctly, not the "abravieted" name or the nationality.... In one lobby we al where listed as French people meanwhile in the lobby we were one German, one Dutch, 4 Spanish and one from the UK.

Would be great to see also a screen with rating results to Know what i did wrong and what gives positive points after each race.

Flins
29-09-2017, 10:07
What cars.
What tracks.

on my side, the problem that I have with AI, is that whatever level of difficulty, it's driving me on, as if I did not exist. Not only at the start of the race but also during the race. if you are in AI lane but a little slower , you are killed !!!
i launched PC1, and even with 40 AI, it's better .

I m totally disapointed

V3n0m
29-09-2017, 10:19
Hey Guys,
dont know if this issue is allready known but on some tracks the engine is starting to heat up till the engine "explodes". Will this be fixed in the upcomming patch? the issue happens on the Acura GT3 on Long beach and on the Honda 2x4 on bannochbrae.

the other bug which i have noticed is when i host an online race i can do the practice but the game freezes at the end of the turn, i can use my cursor to switch between the players but cant go through qualifing.

thanks in advance.

Pickles2017
29-09-2017, 10:58
Almost everytime when I am in a multiplayer lobby, the game loads when it starts but when finished I get the 'waiting' screen.
Other gamers in the lobby are already racing though... Then I need to find another lobby and hope for the best.

Dev Nibor
29-09-2017, 11:00
Almost everytime when I am in a multiplayer lobby, the game loads when it starts but when finished I get the 'waiting' screen.
Other gamers in the lobby are already racing though... Then I need to find another lobby and hope for the best.

I have this as well, only solution for me is to restart the game because joining another lobby results in the same issue.

St4r8ucK
29-09-2017, 12:27
Happened straight from qualifying without restarting.

Worse than what I was thinking though...

Civic
29-09-2017, 12:39
on my side, the problem that I have with AI, is that whatever level of difficulty, it's driving me on, as if I did not exist. Not only at the start of the race but also during the race. if you are in AI lane but a little slower , you are killed !!!
i launched PC1, and even with 40 AI, it's better .

I m totally disapointed

Yes AI run me over under braking any chance they get. It's like they do it on purpose.

Civic
29-09-2017, 12:39
In free practice today changing the setup would result in my G29 pulling to the left. This happened every time I changed the tune requiring me to restart.

speedy23
29-09-2017, 13:14
In online:
- sometimes, when I join a lobby that is in practice or qualifying, it put me on the "waiting" screen where I only can press the leave session button;
- sometimes, at the end of the qualify session, after the extra time countdown, the "session results" screen remains there without any info of what happening: in one race I waited up to 5 minutes before advance to race session; in another race it remain locked and I had to leave session;
- once joined lobby and started session, there is no way to see lobby info (no of laps, ecc.)
- lobby list is poor of infos and filters, and I must join to read more: why in PS4 there is not the "JOIN" screen I can see in digital manual (section 08) ?

A suggestion: in car management menu, it'll be useful to enable auto-repeat when click on things like Tracion Control: i.e. to change from 1,00 to 0,70 I need 30 button press, it's not pratical

hossa
29-09-2017, 13:26
Yet another bug for: Career --> Rally X championship on dirt --> Round 3 --> Dirtfish Pro:

After 4 qualifyings I started on P1 in semifinal. Right after the lights turn green I am listed last with -44 seconds and one lap behind the rest of the pack. Restarting the race didn't help.
I quit game restarted career and race and it worked.

Up was the final: same issue. After the lights turned green I wasn't P1 anymore but one lap behind. However this time another AI driver had the same problem and started off with -45seconds on P6.

Something else that a realised:

I changed FFB informative to extreme settings (everything 80 or more) to see what my wheel (G29) was really capable of doing with me. In training on the above mentioned track the wheel was really stiff and I needed immense power to turn it. When I skipped to Q1 the wheel / car felt wobbly, light and slippery again as if I hadn't changed a thing in the FFB settings at all. FFB really is off.

I could have been the perfect beta tester. Contact me next time and you get a 50% discount on my services (in comparison to the current beta tester company)

Is anybody of dev / sms / wmd team still reading or stuff? (PS4 - this is for the players :p)

JoshTheGeologist
29-09-2017, 13:45
Yet another bug for: Career --> Rally X championship on dirt --> Round 3 --> Dirtfish Pro:

After 4 qualifyings I started on P1 in semifinal. Right after the lights turn green I am listed last with -44 seconds and one lap behind the rest of the pack. Restarting the race didn't help.
I quit game restarted career and race and it worked.

Up was the final: same issue. After the lights turned green I wasn't P1 anymore but one lap behind. However this time another AI driver had the same problem and started off with -45seconds on P6.

Something else that a realised:

I changed FFB informative to extreme settings (everything 80 or more) to see what my wheel (G29) was really capable of doing with me. In training on the above mentioned track the wheel was really stiff and I needed immense power to turn it. When I skipped to Q1 the wheel / car felt wobbly, light and slippery again as if I hadn't changed a thing in the FFB settings at all. FFB really is off.

I could have been the perfect beta tester. Contact me next time and you get a 50% discount on my services (in comparison to the current beta tester company)

Is anybody of dev / sms / wmd team still reading or stuff? (PS4 - this is for the players :p)

On PS4, I haven't noticed any issues with my FFB changing. The only time it feels different is if I get into the Ford Fusion Stock car. Then my wheel vibrates and swerves left and right like a mad man. I thought it was my settings but every other car is nearly fine. I've asked around and no one has answered.

I'm new to wheels, so I'm not sure, but it just doesn't feel the way I think it should.

hossa
29-09-2017, 14:05
Another minor bug for: Career --> rally X --> European Championship --> round 1 (Lahoac) --> Final
There are NO CARS in the replay. NO CARS at all. The camera is flying over a deserted track with nicce engine sounds in the background

whoistrulees
29-09-2017, 14:40
Firstly, graphically wow, what a game. Secondly sound, wow, immense. Thirdly though, glitches, yes, more issues than Pastor Maldonado's driving style.

What I've noticed so far on the PS4 Deluxe Edition; these are both bugs and issues (issues being stuff that some may find perfectly 'okay', but for those of who have been used to a) real world driving and b) driving games, shouldn't really be a 'thing' in what is meant to be the best simulator of all time), when reading this you might thing I'm grumbling and you'd be right, I cannot think of any other game which has been released with so many glitches in it. However I love the game, it's awesome, driving around Snetterton at sunset is beautiful for example but come on guys and girls, we spend a lot of money supporting these games and as below, parts of it are shoddy:

1 - The menu:

This is really slow to navigate at times, when you return to it from a race you have to wait a few seconds for it to respond using L1 & L2, what is it doing!???

Also when starting the game up it's just plain slow, what is going on!?

The colour scheme, whilst blue is nice, the difference in tone between what is highlighted (slightly darker blue) and what isn't (slightly less dark blue) is really hard to differentiate between, please sort this out, just use one solid colour for boxes that are highlighted and leave those that aren't selected a completely different colour/blank.

The 'Save' function, a bit bizarre in that when you change something in the gameplay menu or graphics or sound menu you don't need to save it, you just change it then press circle to return to the previous screen. Yet when changing the setup of a car etc. you have to save it and then return manually to the previous screen. Just build the save into the circle button like all other screens.

Whilst in the pause menu during a game, if you press circle to return to the game you drop down a gear (presumably as I have circle set as shift down, but still shouldn't affect the game). The only way I have found to get around this is to press 'options' again, however circle button is the most natural thing to press (as this is right under my thumb) so please fix this.

2 - During the game:

One of the biggest issues is damage pulling from one session to the next, example - damaged windscreen in qualifying, doesn't get fixed between then and the race, so guess what you start the race with a damaged windscreen. in the old game you could atleast fix your car in the garage, why is this not included in PC2? This isn't just windscreen damage but any damage, come on people, this is standard stuff, a car gets fixed between sessions, I'd settle for it being bodged together with duct tape if that's useful - be more realistic.

Sound, if driving in the rain in one session and have your wipers on and then it's dry the next session you can still hear (but not see) the wipers going, the only way to fix this I found was to turn the wipers on then turn them off.

Sometimes a downshift results in the game dropping you down two gears, not cool! I noticed this bug in Project Cars (1), and no it isn't from me pressing the button twice!

Whilst on the ice circuit then snow can come into the closed cockpit of a car.

Also, the ice circuit is solid, not even fun, you can only get round it really slowly in a 4WD car (with ice tyres, which btw aren't set by default!), any other vehicle and you may aswell give up on the game, please make it fun!! That's what gaming is all about.

Car tyres heating up, or should I say not heating up, okay so I took a touring car (the merc) around Sugo for a few laps yesterday and the rear tyes were cold the entire game, that meant that yep you guessed it I had oversteer into pretty much every corner.

TC, SC and ALB, don't really make too much difference from when they are switched off. If you are giving the option of having traction control, stability control and anti-lock brakes, please make them seem like they are doing something. For some of use the game is solid, we might rely on these 3 little perks to help us out in the twisty stuff, but it's like you gave the option but behind them very little changes, the game is really hard with a controller, some say PC(1) was more difficult, no way, PC2 is difficult to handle. Regardless of anything else I write, this one thing need to be addressed above all others.

3 - Weather:

Partly brilliant, partly annoying, you can be in a wet race and one part of the circuit is covered in water but no spray and other parts are again covered in water but have loads of spray, odd.

Also, when it does rain the sky appears to have light cloud or no cloud, so where is the rain coming from?

When setting a game to go from heavy snow to blizzard....hehe, this is kinda comical, it's as if a light has been switched off, the circuit goes from being basked in a light grey shroud to being delved into deepest winter, no smooth transition, just like the lights have turned off.

4 - On Screen Display:

The HUD, whilst better than PC(1), is a bit tricky, firstly in game it appears that whilst it looks like you can toggle all of them off or on, in reality only a few will have toggled off or on when you return to the race. In some instances the lap timer remained permanent even though I toggled it off.

Also, why if I turn toggle the HUD off in say cockpit view it still shows all every other camera!? I want it off so please let it be off everywhere!

No notification for penalties etc until the last lap and even then you might have a 50% chance of the old stig telling you you need to come in to serve a drive through. The only way I found of seeing if I had a penalty was to pause the game and look at my name in the timings screen, not cool.

5 - General:

When pitting, haha, what a farce, in the old game it was bad enough, (where you'd come into the pits and pretty much be unable to do anything and then leave), in Project Cars 2 you can't do anything if you drive into the pits, you just loiter in your box for a few seconds then leave. In some instances (such as Knockhill where the pit lane is short) then because you carry so much speed in on pit entry then you go past your pit box and carry on straight through, the only way I found to get around this was to hit 'options' and return to garage that way, again not cool. If by any change I did make it in, then there is some weird pixelated blob acting as a front jack man. Reminded me of pacman from the film Pixels (other animated films are available).

Also there appears to be very little money left in racing now as there is only one member of the pit crew, who, like some moonwalking traffic signal man from Delhi (other cities are available), ushers you out of the garage with a funky dance only to dissapear if you look back in your rear view....this actuallly made me laugh out loud when I first saw it. Please put some more pit crew in there. For all the realism you put into the circuit, weather etc, the pits are literally the pits!

hossa
29-09-2017, 14:40
Another major one:
career --> rally X --> European Championship --> Round 2 (Knockhill)

In the qualifyings, 3 out of 5 opponents get their joker lap automatically after lap one, even though nobody drove it which gives tham a clear advantage.

After having done my joker lap in lap 1 and racing the normal track after it, I get a penalty of 5 sek for having run another joker lap which I didn't. I think you get a penalty when you come too close to joker route at the point where joker and normal lap merge again.

Pains in the arse

missiletest
29-09-2017, 14:48
Using a thrustmaster 300rs with the three-pedal setup and h-pattern shifter with manual clutch turned on in the settings. When leaving the menu to go to the start line for a race with a standing start, if the clutch is not depressed before leaving the menu, the car stalls.

GBO Possum
29-09-2017, 15:17
HUD editing doesn't "stick"

I have moved the "split time" or "previous lap" delta display element to the bottom of the screen because I can't read it against the sky. There's insufficient contrast.

When I go into a race, it's back up there, unreadable in the sky. When I return to the HUD edit screen, it's where I put it. So the edit is being saved, just not acted upon.

Environment: PS4 Pro with 4K and 10 bit HDR via HDMI. Logitech G29. PCars2 software level V01.00.0842

Flins
29-09-2017, 16:15
This game is gonna be buried close to the Atari Game E.T. in Alamogordo New Mexico :)

SuperHans
29-09-2017, 19:28
Qualifying in the 1st Ginetta affinity race appears to be broken.

After completing the the Ginetta proving ground race I am attempting the 1st affinity race but every time I qualify and then continue to the race, I'm starting at the back of the grid and there are no qualifying times listed for any driver.

The 1st time this happened I assumed that I had pressed the wrong button, so I started again, qualified in 1st, continued to the race and, again back of the grid.

This time I thought it might be that my lap has not counted thru penalties so I tried a 3rd time, qualified in 1st, even heard my pit crew say I'd nailed pole, checked the timings board and again, confirmed 1st. Went to race, back of the grid!!!

This isn't the issue where if you skip to the end of session, suddenly the AI are doing hero lap times, I am letting the session end but when I start the race, it's as if I just went into it without doing any qualifying.

Anyone else having this problem?

Skid_Mark
29-09-2017, 19:52
The same happened to me in the first Formula Rookie race. I had to quit the race session 2 times. In the 3rd try i was on Pole in the race after it was started.

Another question: How can all these bugs be fixed? The grafic for PS4 enhanced? I'm really really disappointed and - i have to say it - i want my money back.

Flins
29-09-2017, 21:45
Graphic Bugs or Regression ? But no visual wet effect on the track in PC2

PS4 Pro Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2 Under Light Rain/Rain/Heavy Rain

Light Rain/PC1

Light Rain/PC2

Rain/PC1

Rain/PC2

Heavy Rain/PC1

Heavy Rain/PC2

And Raining in the garage

I prefer to avoid putting the Replays pictures as PC2 is worst compared to PC1.

@ianbell ,the screenshots have been taken on Monza track.
On fuji, i don't have this issue. i didn't test all tracks with rainy conditions but i suppose it's a bug. At the same time, the bug is also present in private test for a lot of tracks

porkovich
29-09-2017, 22:08
When making a custom race / event, after you chose to have 5 oponets (for example) and you save the selection, the next time you start the race all other settigs are there but the car count is reseted to 15.

Roger Prynne
29-09-2017, 22:12
How long did you give for the rain to have an effect in pCARS 2?
Raining in the garage at some tracks is a known problem.

Flins
29-09-2017, 22:51
How long did you give for the rain to have an effect in pCARS 2?
Raining in the garage at some tracks is a known problem.

Almost 20 minutes with rain and heavy rain.

azzamann79
29-09-2017, 22:51
1) Blue blob of pixels that slowly disappears after loading in on California Highway stage 1

2) Timer does not activate when starting off on California Highway or Azure Coast any stages. (I have found going into car setup and exiting starts the timer)

3) Monza Classic combined track + oval: When on the inside part of the track on the pit straight the racing line will be on the outside part of the track as you approach the chicane but will be on the inside for the chicane itself.

4) Imola final 2 turns: No racing line for these but it pops in for the second to last corner after exiting

5) Dubai Autodrome GP: Private testing when passing pit entrance automatic invalidated time no matter how much I am on the outside line away from the pit wall.

St4r8ucK
29-09-2017, 23:25
[TIME TRIAL] Trying to race against my own best lap and Ghost is not there... Am I missing a button to activate it?

porkovich
30-09-2017, 07:46
the screenshots have been taken on Monza track.
On fuji, i don't have this issue. i didn't test all tracks with rainy conditions but i suppose it's a bug. At the same time, the bug is also present in private test for a lot of tracks

I can confirm that in private testing, the most played mode from me, the rain effects are missing in many tracks. The asphalt does not look wet at all, it's just a little bit more shiny. Mostly puddles are missing, even after a longer period of driving. The color of the asphalt stays the same, not getting darker. It's not very pretty and does not look right, at least not like in the many screenshots and videos i watched before the game released.

wyldanimal
30-09-2017, 08:14
World Shake Setting doesn't seem to be working for PS4
reported Here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53744-World-Shake-BUG-PS4

St4r8ucK
30-09-2017, 09:04
[COSMETIC] In the option menus "Wheel" is translated in french in "Roue" when it should be "Volant"

speedy23
30-09-2017, 09:47
When I load the game, if I go to online lobby list, my driving licence (in up right) become "Uxxx" even if it was "Fxxx". Returning back to main menu and again to lobby list, the licence is than OK.

Holblood
30-09-2017, 09:49
Just experianced something new for me. Did a race in career mode on daytona RC. In lap 4 it started to rain so i pitted. I was the only one with my team mate who pitted. All the other GT3 cars drove thrue the rain the rest of the race on slik tires and drove 4 sec faster than me on wets..... like wtf?

Dave White
30-09-2017, 10:06
As it seems to be for a lot of other players, I really want to like PC2 and there's a lot of great stuff here - the driving (what little of it I've been able to do) seems great, but the online racing is really not working well at all for me.
The first three here are the main things - these are making online racing really frustrating. I'm not quite at the point of giving up, but if it carries on like this I won't last much longer I'm afraid. Hopefully you can get this patched up soon.

1) I've had several crashes during online races. The screen freezes and the wheel goes crazy (vibrating and rotating wildly) for a minute or two and then (mostly) drops to the crash reporter page. (I've sent the report a few times.)
2) I've been disconnected randomly from a lot of rooms; both while joining and from lobbies.
3) There's a huge amount of lag whenever someone joins or leaves a room.
4) The rating filter for joining rooms seems to be the wrong way round. I may be misunderstanding this, but if a room has a filter of 1400 I'd expect it to only allow people in who have a rating better (lower) than 1400 - however, it's the other way round; you can only join if you are worse (higher) than 1400. I haven't been able to do complete enough races to really see how the rating system is working.
5) Not being able to see how many laps a race is (or whether fuel use is turned on for example) once you're in the session (e.g. in the race-start lobby when making a setup for a race) is really annoying. Also on the subject of fuel - I don't see how to know how much fuel I need; I haven't messed with this much because of the lack of actual time in session, but it seems measured in litres in the setups, and in KG in the race - what I really want is to be able to set/see it in "laps".
6) It looks like the list of available rooms is capped at 20, so I can never seem more than 20 rooms. (If there's a way to move to another page, please tell me.)

PS4 Pro, T300RS wheel.

BongoFury23
30-09-2017, 11:30
* No wet tyres in RallyX, you can choose them in the settings, but they are not on.
* No metric air pressure in HUD

PS4 - First Edition

DodgeAnon
30-09-2017, 13:59
Had a 10 minute online race seemingly finish with a minute to go and kicked everyone back into the lobby. Was in second place and lost 50+ points because nobody was able to finish the race.

PS4 Pro.

johnnyhotrocks
30-09-2017, 15:12
Not sure if these have been brought up before as gave up going through 22 pages worth of posts :) SORRY if they have been.

1-cones floating in the air occasionally when hit....worst with the karts.

2-dashboards with analog needs...the needle will jump up and down the gauge....i'm pretty sure my fuel isn't emptying and refilling it self every few seconds LOL.
also had the same with digital speed dials were the number flickers off and on in a screwed up fashion.

3- Banners in most of the cars i've raced in cockpit mode flicker like mad....and not just talking about sun glare or shadows they actually flicker off and on quite annoying at times...seems hit or miss when it happens....did it in project cars 1 as well.

4-constant crashing of sorts during career races....i've just won the title and upon loading the next bit of the game after the cup video it loads up my car with the wheels spinning at speed in a helicopter view but the car is not moving and with engine rev sounds repeated in a loop (able to capture this on video a few times).....had this every tier so far upon the final race of the season forcing a reboot as cant be skipped, also you have to redo final race again only for it to repeat itself with the Renault Clio Cup and the LMP3 cup....luckily 3rd time lucky :)

5-LMP3 has displayed the wrong info on the results banner/page.....the top 3 that actually finished on the podium where not displayed but instead 3 random racers who were last/second last and the 3rd place mid table in the real result....you do get your point just annoying though.

6-AI drivers doing only 2 sectors and getting to keep the time as a completed lap....can be random which sector has been missed as had all 3 missed at some point .....very annoying and always when speeding up the qualifying with the skip option.

7-LMP3 i qualified in pole but ended up at the back of the grid come the race?

8-some races have a random grid position yet how come every time this is the case your nearest rival is always without fail on pole while you're at the back or there abouts :(

Dreading this weather / tyre bug i have read people complaining about......only just began the game so not so far into it.

PS4 Pro being used.

xeronima
30-09-2017, 15:46
Just joined a 15 lap race at hockenheim. Hit an invisible barrier at the corner after the pit entrance. I suspect it's a crashed car on track. 50 m before the invisible barrier there was a parked car. Which i saw someone derive straight through. So with total damage and 10 laps to go i forgave my online ranking and quit the game. While I've been typing this I waited for the "ok" button to work so i could move on in my menu. I'm looking forward to a patch or 2...

seb02
30-09-2017, 16:05
DAYTONA OVAL WITH FORD FUSION - Standard PS4 with controller.
With a 22% AI, the AI's best time is almost equivalent to the best Nascar 2017 qualifying time. I think there is a concern with the level of AI on the ovals (Indianapolis, Texas). the AI ​​seems too strong, can you look at that thank you.

ace1973
30-09-2017, 16:16
Here is a minor issue with the dirt layers/buildup on all cars during replays. They seem to accumulate way to quickly and then after a few laps/minutes the car becomes completely clean again. Almost like it's on some weird graphical loop. Hoping it can be added to the list to look at.

Dirtryder
30-09-2017, 19:43
I have been unable to see other drivers setups in the time trials. Tried using wheel and controller. Am I missing something or another bug.

St4r8ucK
30-09-2017, 20:00
I have been unable to see other drivers setups in the time trials. Tried using wheel and controller. Am I missing something or another bug.

I encounter buggy menus in TT to select a Ghost but when I've successfully loaded a Ghost, I can access the setup of it by selecting it just before going on the track. It applies the setup to my current one and I can save it...

DaveB87
30-09-2017, 20:22
PS4 Pro user

Renault Clio Cup Career

Brands Hatch Indy: Apart from Druids, every corner is taken sideways due to no grip whatsoever, unless taking the various corners much slower than usual. The rest of the Clio Cup Career is much better in terms of general grip levels.

Knockhill: With the cooldown lap active, I won the race, did the cooldown lap, and headed for the pits. AI took over, and drove straight out onto track, and proceeded to do a lap itself. Upon returning to the pits, it drove through and left again, as it said the pitbox was full despite there being an empy space at the end garage......

Group A Career

Hockenheim: I have opted for the Mercedes Benz 190E Touring Car for this Career, and similar to the Clio Cup at Brands Hatch, I have zero grip on slicks - when it started to rain in Free Practice, I pitted for a set of wets, and the grip was unreal! It's how the car should handle in the dry (despite spending several hours playing with the cars setup)

Car engine audio frequently freezing/lagging - eventually catching up after 10seconds or more

Lamborghini Siesto Elemento: no FFB, just a very light wheel.

I have also experienced the same lag issues when trying to edit car setups, TH8 shifter not being recognised at startup, car setup saves saving under other random other car/track combos

Lunar_Twisted
01-10-2017, 01:56
I can't see my lap time in the HUD. It had disappeared couple of days ago. It seems like when one problem goes away, another one shows up. Whenever I do qualifying or do a race, I don't see the lap time. However, when I pass a sector, the "Best Lap Delta" shows up on my HUD either green or red and then disappears. Normally, the red or green bar usually stays on the HUD. Also, when I do qualifying, I have to look at my position after doing a lap to see if my spot went up or down. I hope they will fix this.

daarsk
01-10-2017, 06:08
I cant even explain the issue with car setup saves. Seems to me they just disappear sometimes. Save a setup in private testing and its not available in career... Super confusing.

Also, I have a G29 wheel. This does not have a right stick, therefore I cant scroll through driver standings when in the pitbox during sessions. Suggest maybe a button like triangle to switch to the driver standings and directional buttons to scroll instead? I did test with the DS4 controller, scrolls through as expected, but pressing square for driver info does nothing. I was hoping it might show lap times, and also for the player, crucially, the fuel used on each lap. That would be nice.

Formula Rookie at Oulton. After a few laps in practice, I get the notification to engage pit limiter each time a pass the pit entrance even though I am clearly not anywhere near going in.

I have also had the issue where I ended a practice session with no front wheels (my bad, crashed, oops), then started qual with no front wheels. yet the car drove like they were there, clearly a graphical issue. restart session did not fix. had to exit without saving and reload session.

Main menu screen freezes when returning from.. well anywhere really. approx. 15-20 seconds.

SRMSPORT
01-10-2017, 06:36
Hi, does any one have this problem, when racing any car on any track the brakes apply by themselves , most times when turning but sometimes when in a straight line, i have turned off all of the assists and tried lowering brake pressure as well as brake balance, is there something that i have missed.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Aldo Zampatti
01-10-2017, 06:41
Hi, does any one have this problem, when racing any car on any track the brakes apply by themselves , most times when turning but sometimes when in a straight line, i have turned off all of the assists and tried lowering brake pressure as well as brake balance, is there something that i have missed.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Options/Gameplay Brake Assists. That I know, is the only way of a car braking themselves. Not accelerating though, it might be SC or TC

Vic Flange
01-10-2017, 07:00
There are graphical elements of the suspension disappearing from the Lotus 49. They flicker on and off. This is when looking at a car that is ahead of you. You can be following the car ahead and the drive shafts or suspension will flicker on and off.
Most noticeable on Classic Silverstone.

SRMSPORT
01-10-2017, 07:45
Yeah its only when you turn, even in a straight line if you put pressure on the brake pedal then turn the wheel on come the brakes, makes for very interesting lap time.
The assists are all turned off.

mixjah
01-10-2017, 07:56
Hit a landmine last night on Dubai International, right before the last corner. It started in the warmup lap, I then tried to avoid it in lap 1, thought it was gone after lap 2, hit it again in lap 3 and 4 while the last 2 laps were fine again.

It was quite a crowded lobby with a lot of people going in and out during qualifying. Happened on a standard PS4, public lobby, 6 lap race, 10 minute qualifying, manual rolling start, damage off. Don't know the exact settings as I wasn't host of the lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZUIa7TLW8

Icecream-Inc
01-10-2017, 08:54
Theres a guy from the Pits floating in mid air above the track about 50m from turn 1 Nurburgring GP (only time i have been there is F-Renault 3.5 career, so not sure if its Always there).

Civic
01-10-2017, 10:08
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Is it a strong application of brakes like an assist or are they just coming on a little? Noisy pots can make pedals activate by themselve just a little and that is why each input has a deadzone setting. If your brake is noisy just add some more deadzone. That's only if it is noise and not because of the brake assist setting already mentioned.

middle finger
01-10-2017, 12:44
I'm scoring fastest lap times during race, but in statistics I have none.

hossa
01-10-2017, 13:15
career--> LMP3--> Round 6 Fuji--> qualifying--> skipping to the end (I know the bug is already "being worked on" (since PCars1 btw), but this time gap is outrageous)

P1 is almost 30seconds faster than me (and the rest of the world). I'm way too slow and must train harder.
AI is the best element of surprise in this game, especially when only the times of S1 and S2 are taken for the best driver as in this case.
Almost forgot: AI was 0
Great bug! established in ProjectCars1

In race I then started from P3

Almost everything is random in qualifying and the starting grid

hossa
01-10-2017, 15:32
Career - invitations - ginetta

qualified first (yes, i waited in box)
started from last position in race

IN ALL THREE EVENTS!!!

LaxBAM16
01-10-2017, 16:32
I've tried racing the 24 Hours of Le Mans multiple times and every time I try to pit it doesn't let me change my tires AND refuel my car in the same pit stop.

St4r8ucK
01-10-2017, 16:58
As already reported : When watching the replay after the race, if you go back to the menu, the final standing of the race change in real time accordingly with the standing in the replay in the background. It is not reflectng the actual standing of the race. The podium is also corrupted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2UNjpsm3QU

shenk007
01-10-2017, 18:12
my T500rs wheel do not work.
did any one can help me?

chops13
01-10-2017, 18:57
25 pages of bugs, impressive!

DaveB87
01-10-2017, 19:47

Random big screen turned up at Nurburgring GP this afternoon......

GerardPereira
01-10-2017, 21:50
Doing a Time Trial, going around the track and all of sudden canít make the corner, oversteer causing me to crash. Car was stuck into the crash barrier selected reverse car wonít move back into first car stuck.

PS4 with controller

jdmnsprd
02-10-2017, 00:24
sigh...

Car2
02-10-2017, 01:20
Just press the PS button in the wheel (turn the knob if ferrari wheel), the click the x button to come back
It should work

ThatJordGuy
02-10-2017, 03:15
Just came across a very big bug - i just joined a GT3 session on Monza, was in the Car setup page and as the setup page was loading (with the receiving shared setup data icon visible), qualifying finished, and caused an issue where the controller is unusable with the 'loading' icon constant. Issue is so bad when trying to press 'Ready' for race, controller does not work. No buttons work at all, tried disconnecting and re-connecting PS4 controller and does not work. when race starts, no buttons work, can't go into menus, can't quit, nothing!

Not sure if this one has been noted but I'm stuck

azzamann79
02-10-2017, 03:17
[CAREER]: New Bug: Finished both British and Euro Superlites in First. Game froze after leaving Euro Championship so I closed application (pressing ps button and selecting it). Reloaded to find in career screen my progress for both not recorded. IE British champ not raced and Euro locked. Cup for Euro lites still displaying under my trophies. Very Annoying!!

LukeC
02-10-2017, 04:05

What's really sad is that the game is fundamentally excellent, when it works as intended.

The whole thing can be likened to a genius artist who conceived a real masterpiece, but as he was painting he got distracted by something and forgot to add some detail here and there, and also some of the bristles fell out of the paintbrush, and he broke his paintbrush, and he also realised that he forgot to buy pthalo blue and so used cobalt blue instead.

Flins
02-10-2017, 08:32

According to ian bell, only 5 bugs and 20 minor bugs .
According to me, 5 bugs and 20 minor bugs, every day