PDA

View Full Version : Easiest car and track?

SnowLeopard
22-09-2017, 16:49
I'm am struggling to complete a clean lap. I'm using a G29 on PS4, which doesn't feel quite right (and I am keeping an eye on the threads regarding G29 & FFB issues). I've tried only a few cars and tracks in private testing mode, but really did not expect it to be this hard.
Tracks I tried where Monza and the RedBull Ring, which I'm quite familiar with from playing F1. For Monza, I can't get the braking points at all, and at the Ring, I keep getting "lap marked invalid by race director" message at the first corner -- guess I must be cutting it.

I figure maybe trying what most consider to be the easiest car and track combination, it might be easier to get proper feel and then move up from there.

eracerhead
22-09-2017, 16:57
Formula Rookie or Ginetta G40 are relatively tame cars to start on. I let my wife play those at Knockhill, and she did just fine. Not many turns to worry about.

SnowLeopard
22-09-2017, 22:00
Thanks... I tried Knockhill with the Formula Rookie in private testing mode and completed some laps cleanly, but had no idea how slow I was.
I found the Community Time-Trial and gave it a shot with the McLaren 720S first, since it was selected by default and managed the tenth best time. Tried the McLaren P1 GTR since it held 2 of the top 3 spots, and to my shock and pleasure, I set the fastest time overall (47.399). I know it won't last, but know I feel alot more confident to try career mode.
Just wish the G29 wasn't so light.