PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me that is getting very VERY poor performance? Help!!

tdurbo
22-09-2017, 17:09
Well I donít know where Iím going wrong because it runs like a pig on an XBox One (no S, no X, an XBox One).

Terrible graphics, terrible frame rate, terrible AI, terrible FFB (on a G920 Iím 300+ miles in and still have no settings that are even passably competitive).
Steering works well in private testing, add ANY AI, and the steering is horribly laggy.
Someone I hope is having a better Day One with this game than me?

Digital download. Standard XBox One. G920 wheel.

Some background:
Iíve been mainly playing Custom Race, at Imola, BMW Z4 GT3, because this is a circuit and car I put a few thousand miles into on pCARS 1, so I wanted a direct comparison from yesterday playing PC1 to today playing PC2.

I understand that Iím likely to have some drop-off in lap times, due to handling variations in the new game. But 20 seconds per lap?

Iím so gutted.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 17:11
FFB Problems with AI are under Investigation by the Devs...

Don't compare Project Cars 1 Times with Project Cars 2. With the new Physic Improvements and the fully overhauled Tiremodel you won't be able to achieve the same Times...

BigFred
22-09-2017, 17:47
If you are on XB1 (it's not clear that you are as your profile says PC) ...

I have not tried this on the game. What I have found though is similar issues with other games not playing well. After you have done the install do a full system reset. The way to do this is hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.

I'm not saying this will fix your issue, but it's always worth a try...

mkstatto
22-09-2017, 20:51
First off in loving the game and the following is not a game breaker. But in a little disappointed that the annoying line accross the screen glitch is still present from the PC1 on the stock Xbox. Finding the rear view mirror extremely laggy as well.

Ronald0505
22-09-2017, 21:37
I'm having the same issues with the AI. Next to the major wheel settings issues the AI is way too strong. I race in other racing games on the hardest difficulty so i'm not a noob, but I race my butt off on difficulty 80% (wanted to start lower to get used to the game, normally I race 100 or 110 %) but still 7 seconds too slow!!?? WTF! I hope they'll fix this AI issue soon.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 21:40
80% is the AI Level that SMS has made for Good Drivers... 100% is Really Good Driver and 120% is Alien...

More or less :p

Guy's it's just a Number put it where ever your Comftable with, and have nice and tidy Races...

Numbrsix
23-09-2017, 06:26
Your not alone, I only run quick races and even with a smaller field of cars (13 AI plus mine) I cannot get consistent frame rates, Spa is a no no for me, I hope that further patches might lift it slightly but at present only Donnington and Imola spare me any hiccups.

tdurbo
23-09-2017, 14:15
If you are on XB1 (it's not clear that you are as your profile says PC) ...

I have not tried this on the game. What I have found though is similar issues with other games not playing well. After you have done the install do a full system reset. The way to do this is hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on.

I'm not saying this will fix your issue, but it's always worth a try...

Iím on XB1. Sorry

Thank you. Iíll try that. Iíve played career only this morning and it has seemed better, probably because of smaller grids. Slight renewed faith, but being able to run a single weekend with a full grid shouldnít be impossible to play? Iíve got a man standing in thin air on the chicane at Imola during a race as well 😊

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 14:24
80% is the AI Level that SMS has made for Good Drivers... 100% is Really Good Driver and 120% is Alien...

I must really be rubbish then. I used to race GT3 in PCARS1 @ 75 AI, and have a good competitive race. With the default AI in PCARS2 (60, I think it was?), I could hardly make up any positions in a 15 minute race and was about 4 seconds off the leader's pace. :(

breyzipp
23-09-2017, 14:47
I must really be rubbish then. I used to race GT3 in PCARS1 @ 75 AI, and have a good competitive race. With the default AI in PCARS2 (60, I think it was?), I could hardly make up any positions in a 15 minute race and was about 4 seconds off the leader's pace. :(

Im not the best driver either, I'm currently doing career with AI on 30%/30%. That allows me to finish in 1st most of the time with a bit of margin for error. Sure I can put it harder but I want to win my championships as well. Plus I play with all assists off or authentic and from helmet camera view.

Just set AI to what works for you, that's what the sliders are there for. :)

tdurbo
24-09-2017, 15:05

This. Exactly me. 75% in a GT3 at Imola was getting me qualifying top twenty out of 39, and with a hot lap, maybe top ten. Thatís exactly how I want my racing games. Now on 60% they all massively outqualify me but in the race are slooooooow.

APR193
24-09-2017, 15:15
Your issues might be with fuel load. I found the same until I lowered my fuel for qualifying. There isn't an option anymore for a qualifying fuel load like there was in PC1. In Ginetta Junior round 1 (Oulton Park) with ai on 100%, i was 3-3.5 seconds per lap off in practice and at the start of qualifying, found out I was running the default fuel (was something like 40-45 litres), lowered it to only a few laps worth and instantly went 2nd only 0.1 off pole. And the race (with higher fuel loads) was very equally balanced as well.

Might not be the problem (it is the only race I have done so far) but just what I found from that event

Rockefelluh
25-09-2017, 00:04
What difference does the number make as long as there is close racing? At least there is a spectrum and there is plenty of room for everyone and doesn't bottom out or top out too early. Remember it is supposed to allow a wide audience the chance to have close racing.

tdurbo
25-09-2017, 10:06
Yeah I noticed the qualifying fuel quite early and dive the Ginetta’s on 8kg qualifying. When I put I’m in the top 3, then they magically all find five seconds a lap in the last minute of quali. So I start at the back, and I’m usually in the lead by the second d corner. Not my idea of competitive and consistent AI

Just Another Frog
25-09-2017, 12:19

30 seconds earlier he was stood on top of a broken down car waiting for the recovery truck to arrive... but hey, that's the perils of bringing your car to a standstill at the Liverpool GP.

III TobyW III
25-09-2017, 16:23
For the OP, no – you're not the only one getting very poor performance on Xbox One (Xbox One S in my case, running off an external drive).

This problem came up for two reasons. First, one of my friends highlighted that his game felt very slow, and his steering was drifting after he used one of the preset racing classes (GT) with a grid of 29 AI cars at Le Mans. I had also tried out a 32-car mixed grid (LMP1, LMP2 and GTE) in clear conditions at Silverstone – and although I expected some fps drops as per Digital Foundry's video, it felt like I was driving through treacle. My lap times also slowed dramatically.

After some investigation, the issue is clearly related to the number of cars on-track. So, I experimented with a variety of grid sizes at Laguna Seca and Silverstone, keeping everything else (LMP1, weather, setup) the same. With 0-12 cars, my lap times weren't really affected at all, and I could manage consistent times at Silverstone in the mid 1m40s. But, when I put the car count up to high 20s and into the 30s, and the entire game turns to treacle. It didn't feel like skipped frames – more general slowdown. Both your car and the AI cars are around 20sec a lap slower – in-game, and in the real world.

I also noticed the steering drifting on circuits with long straights that my friend had highlighted.

Interestingly, I tried the same strategy on Project CARS 1 – 32 LMP1 cars on Silverstone – and it was absolutely fine. I had a few dropped fps at the start of the race, but once the field spread out it was smooth as you like, with consistent lap times that seemed to match real-world times.

Now, I'm aware that the Xbox One is near the end of its life in terms of hardware potential, and asking it to run a grid of 33 cars is probably a bit much. But to experience such a dramatic drop in performance doesn't fill me with confidence that racing in changeable conditions, or having large multi-car grids in the career mode, will be much better.

I hope this helps, because both PC1 and PC2 have the potential to be the hardcore motorsport sim we all want on Xbox One (as opposed to Forza's car collecting Motorsport franchise and Horizon's arcade feel). However, both PC1 and PC2 have had terribly buggy launches.

Whilst PC1 was eventually fixed (to the point where I'm going to go back to PC1 while I wait for PC2 to be fixed and/or my Xbox One X to arrive in the post), it's just disappointing to be promised so much, have expectations raised, then to end up being a Beta tester for the game at launch.

killer2293
26-09-2017, 02:11
I had problems with Nascar Heat 2 not performing. It would stutter and slow on many races. Moved it to Xbox internal hard drive. Fixed the stuttering frame rate issue.