PDA

View Full Version : Tires not heating up?

Kaliber
22-09-2017, 17:23
I have been having a hell of a time getting my tires to warm up in the Ginetta G40. Have done two races in the championship now and both times it has been nearly impossible to get the up to temp in practice and quali even after 7 or 8 laps. I haven't gone in and tweaked the setup up much but you would think that even in default they would warm up fairly normally.

Anyone else having this issue?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 17:25
Which Tracks? Which Time of Day? Which Weather? There are so many possible Parameters...

Kaliber
22-09-2017, 17:38
That is the point, it is under every parameter. So far its been every track at any time of day in any weather. I mean, Outotn park in perfect sunshine and after 8 laps the tires are still light blue. That is not the parameters.

Casey Ringley
22-09-2017, 20:17
The G40 Junior? That is mostly down to the car being very light and very low power; it just doesn't work the tires very hard. That's fine, though, because it uses ordinary, off the shelf street tires which don't need a lot of heat to work at ideal. Even getting into the 50-70C range is fine for them.

CPS-3
24-09-2017, 00:48
I’m having the same issue, also with the the Ginetta and formula rookie. Can’t get more then 50 degree no matter what bar i try. Most of the times they are mid 30’s.
You say its a light low power car with ordinary street tires which dosn’t work the tires very hard. Well be my guess and take your own car for 5 laps or so around a track pushing it as fast as You can, bet You got more then 50 degrees ��